Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003
"Arab-backed"

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1759968055835173364

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Only white people rules count

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

We're the baddies.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

mcmagic posted:

We're the baddies.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

mcmagic posted:

We're the baddies.

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
https://twitter.com/halalflow/status/1760022163254587660?t=VRxCgkApszDvrTsD6F-wwA&s=19

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Adenoid Dan posted:

Speaking of center mass, remember when they said it was a war crime to shoot a female soldier in the chest or pelvis?

Because the only reason to do that is gender based hate crime and not because they are an active combatant.

It's a war crime to even fight against the side the superpower is on. Russia calls shooting at a bridge during an active war or the city across the border a war crime and some unthinkable violation. US/Israel says shooting at soldiers invading your refugee camp and firing rockets at them to be a war crime and totally unfair.

carcinofuck
Apr 18, 2001
pink floyd still sucks
dttze

hubris.height
Jan 6, 2005

Pork Pro

mcmagic posted:

We're the baddies.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

mcmagic posted:

We're the baddies.

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

I'm not sure who the older guy is but I think he's consistently held that fucker's feet to the fire with his questions. I'm genuinely surprised Miller is continuing to call on him.

mcmagic posted:

We're the baddies.

Sherbert Hoover
Dec 12, 2019

Working hard, thank you!

mcmagic posted:

We're the baddies.

Paul Revere 3000
Dec 8, 2007

So like a pimp I'm pimpin'
I got a boat to eat shrimp in
Nothing wrong with my leg
I'm just B-boy limpin'

mcmagic posted:

We're the baddies.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

"we're having conversations with our middle eastern partners. We've asked them to respect the rights of women as they conduct their ethnic cleansing operation."

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
finally, an ethnic cleansing that will be free from sexual violence

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011

crepeface posted:

looking forward to the spin about this

it's "arab-backed" (bad)

efb

Puppy Burner has issued a correction as of 22:47 on Feb 20, 2024

ELTON JOHN
Feb 17, 2014

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

I'm not sure who the older guy is but I think he's consistently held that fucker's feet to the fire with his questions. I'm genuinely surprised Miller is continuing to call on him.

this guy

https://twitter.com/halalflow/status/1760043420016656466

Programmer Humor
Nov 27, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
hold on a minute...

https://x.com/bertaadvantage/status/1760024501969154299?s=61&t=yd5Kee20bxCjpv8EUchd1Q

Weka
May 5, 2019

That child totally had it coming. Nobody should be able to be out at dusk except cars.

Malloc Voidstar posted:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveblog_entry/in-last-minute-bill-change-power-to-shutter-foreign-media-handed-to-national-security-ministry/

A temporary measure allowing the government to censor foreign media passed its first reading in the Knesset yesterday in a 25-4 vote.

Where are the other 71 MKs?

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Working hard, thank you!

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

The US showed its alternative draft to other council members before Tuesday’s vote. This unusual step was intended, one western diplomat suggested, to avoid giving the impression that the US veto implied a green light for the Israeli attack on Rafah.

The inclusion in the US text of a clause specifically calling on Israel not to mount such an attack, rather than to limit such an appeal to bilateral channels, is widely seen in the UN as a signal of Biden’s growing impatience with Benjamin Netanyahu’s government, and frustration at the US president’s failure to rein in the relentless Gaza offensive, now in its fifth month. No date has yet been set for the start of formal deliberations on the US draft resolution, however.

“It is awfully embarrassing for the Americans,” Richard Gowan, the UN director of the International Crisis Group, said. “They’ve had to use a veto just days before the security council meeting commemorating Russia’s all-out assault on Ukraine. That will simply fuel talk about US double standards.”

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

come on

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

I've tried to come up with a reply to that post a few times now and this does it better than anything I could manage

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Flournival Dixon posted:

The excuses of the liberal white supremacists who run the empire all basically boil down to the same poo poo you can read on Reddit or whatever, they've just programmed themselves to believe in whatever they're supposed to believe in.

Genocide doesn't really mean anything to them because it's advantageous to not think about it outside of the rhetoric they regurgitate to justify it. What's happening in Gaza now isn't super different from a lot of other American imperialist activity over the last 80 years and none of that stuff stopped them from getting on board with it after all.

In my experience, the way average "normie" liberals think of this basically boils down to "they simply trust that the Democrats in charge have good intentions." No matter what you tell them, they simply assume there must be some reason for the Biden admin to do what it does (and that any alternatives would be worse).

It's basically just blind faith. In the "story" that is American politics, it's a simple fact that Democrats are the good guys. Maybe they have some flaws or make mistakes, but the fact that they're "the right choice" is never questioned or doubted.

edit: With people like our D&D friends, who actually spend lots of time arguing about this stuff, they basically drive themselves insane because they share the same faith as their "normie" counterparts but try to prove that it's actually logical (an impossible task since, well, it's not).

Ytlaya has issued a correction as of 23:54 on Feb 20, 2024

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

FirstnameLastname
Jul 10, 2022

Ytlaya posted:

In my experience, the way average "normie" liberals think of this basically boils down to "they simply trust that the Democrats in charge have good intentions." No matter what you tell them, they simply assume there must be some reason for the Biden admin to do what it does (and that any alternatives would be worse).

It's basically just blind faith. In the "story" that is American politics, it's a simple fact that Democrats are the good guys. Maybe they have some flaws or make mistakes, but the fact that they're "the right choice" is never questioned or doubted.
they think that the thing in charge are the politicians and not the institutions they're representing and that they are good people by default because they're not the disempowered groups of different people that do all the bad things because they want to get into power to do more bad things (voldemortishly)

VoicesCanBe
Jul 1, 2023

"Cóż, wygląda na to, że zostaliśmy łaskawie oszczędzeni trudu decydowania o własnym losie. Jakże uprzejme z ich strony, że przearanżowali Europę bez kłopotu naszego zdania!"

holy loving Freudian slip

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

Yeah, I mean: why even bother being coy about it at this point? Everyone sees it for what it is.

Puppy Burner
Sep 9, 2011

Then everyone stood up and clapped heiled!

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

Jel Shaker posted:

The US showed its alternative draft to other council members before Tuesday’s vote. This unusual step was intended, one western diplomat suggested, to avoid giving the impression that the US veto implied a green light for the Israeli attack on Rafah.

The inclusion in the US text of a clause specifically calling on Israel not to mount such an attack, rather than to limit such an appeal to bilateral channels, is widely seen in the UN as a signal of Biden’s growing impatience with Benjamin Netanyahu’s government, and frustration at the US president’s failure to rein in the relentless Gaza offensive, now in its fifth month. No date has yet been set for the start of formal deliberations on the US draft resolution, however.

“It is awfully embarrassing for the Americans,” Richard Gowan, the UN director of the International Crisis Group, said. “They’ve had to use a veto just days before the security council meeting commemorating Russia’s all-out assault on Ukraine. That will simply fuel talk about US double standards.”

I think the most shocking thing revealed is that they actually seem to care about being seen as something other than the blue country's toadie and that they're not greenlighting Rafah. I would have expected it to be a fig leaf but still with full backing of the attack.

Anyway, double standards lol. Did anyone make a super cut of Blinken moralizing about Russians crimes in Ukraine but basically saying "vae victus" and war is hell when asked about Gaza?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

skooma512 posted:

I think the most shocking thing revealed is that they actually seem to care about being seen as something other than the blue country's toadie and that they're not greenlighting Rafah. I would have expected it to be a fig leaf but still with full backing of the attack.

Anyway, double standards lol. Did anyone make a super cut of Blinken moralizing about Russians crimes in Ukraine but basically saying "vae victus" and war is hell when asked about Gaza?

sorry to put you on latin blast but its:
vae victis (dative case makes it "to/for the conquered")

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

While it's not directly relevant to I/P or the Middle East, the British Navy has sent a loud global message about the state of its nuclear deterrent which is definitely relevant to <points at everything>. This is on top of all the other recent bad news about the state of our navy :toot:

https://twitter.com/MarkUrban01/status/1760067399901196673

It's been over a decade since the last successful launch, but the "deterrent remains effective"... honest.... lol....

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
drat girl your powder waf

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

remember a couple years ago when kanye was talkin about hitler and we were all like "ha ha black nazi" and now we're all like "black nazi" without any of the ha ha's because it's real

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Direct Diplomacy on the ground to reach a Final Solution.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveb...y-report-warns/
War with Hezbollah could cause frequent, extended power outages across most of Israel, Health Ministry report warns

Should a full-scale war break out between Israel and Hezbollah along the country’s northern borders, Israel’s health system could collapse and extended power outages could become the norm, the Kan public broadcaster reports.

Citing a report it obtained after it was presented to the relevant authorities by Health Minister Uriel Busso and Health Ministry director-general Moshe Bar Siman-Tov, Kan reports that a war with Lebanon’s Iran-backed terror group could result in frequent power outages across 60 percent of Israel, each one lasting two hours, multiple times a day.

As a result, Israel’s health system could be placed under immense strain, as ventilators and respiratory support systems would no longer be able to rely on the current energy infrastructure and will instead require a huge number of generators, the report warns.

As a result, Kan reports, the Health Ministry is seeking to establish energy and oxygen centers across the country, each of which could provide enough electricity for 50 rechargeable ventilators and other medical equipment that would be used on a rolling basis, removing the burden from the hospitals themselves.

“The goal of this is to prevent the health system from collapsing while it is already under heavy strain,” the report cites Siman-Tov as saying.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
terrorism is when you shoot missile while arab

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Malloc Voidstar posted:

https://www.timesofisrael.com/liveb...y-report-warns/
War with Hezbollah could cause frequent, extended power outages across most of Israel, Health Ministry report warns

Should a full-scale war break out between Israel and Hezbollah along the country’s northern borders, Israel’s health system could collapse and extended power outages could become the norm, the Kan public broadcaster reports.

Citing a report it obtained after it was presented to the relevant authorities by Health Minister Uriel Busso and Health Ministry director-general Moshe Bar Siman-Tov, Kan reports that a war with Lebanon’s Iran-backed terror group could result in frequent power outages across 60 percent of Israel, each one lasting two hours, multiple times a day.

As a result, Israel’s health system could be placed under immense strain, as ventilators and respiratory support systems would no longer be able to rely on the current energy infrastructure and will instead require a huge number of generators, the report warns.

As a result, Kan reports, the Health Ministry is seeking to establish energy and oxygen centers across the country, each of which could provide enough electricity for 50 rechargeable ventilators and other medical equipment that would be used on a rolling basis, removing the burden from the hospitals themselves.

“The goal of this is to prevent the health system from collapsing while it is already under heavy strain,” the report cites Siman-Tov as saying.

it would be so sad if a health or power system were to collapse within the borders of historic palestine. truly only a monster would cause that to happen....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Real hurthling! posted:

sorry to put you on latin blast but its:
vae victis (dative case makes it "to/for the conquered")

never apologize for this, you can't just let people run around loving up declensions