Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

randy bitchford

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I’ll be curious how much the total budget ends up being then

Like with a lot of video game movies this is coming way too late. There have been like 5 regular Borderlands games plus the Telltale ones, and I feel like the time for this movie was like 2015

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

FlamingLiberal posted:

I’ll be curious how much the total budget ends up being then

Like with a lot of video game movies this is coming way too late. There have been like 5 regular Borderlands games plus the Telltale ones, and I feel like the time for this movie was like 2015

In their defense this feels like it started filming in 2015.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
They probably went all-in with paying Blanchette and Hart to be in it because they knew that was the only real chance of this not being a massive flop. Pretty sure you don't get Kevin Hart in this movie unless it's top dollar plus a little bit more.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Cash backin

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

This seems insane to me

https://twitter.com/discussingfilm/status/1759942187331002830?s=46&t=BHs6Pl38GJXGN2Y4xeriNA

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

He's going to be gutted when he finds out this season of Doctor Who already beat him to it.

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

Bit much

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
If those movies are made, which of the remaining 2 will be killed to generate publicity?

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

There's not a chance in hell any of the films include this. It'll be nothing but reverence for 12+ hours.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Still ignoring the fifth Beatle I see

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

lol the Beatles Cinematic Universe.

Into the Beatle Verse, where they team up with the Yellow Submarine versions, the 60s tv cartoon versions, The Bee Gees dressed as Sgt Pepper, the Walk Hard versions, etc.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
There was a really fun episode of the obscure UK show Urban Myths that dramatized the creation of Yesterday called Paul McCartney's Scrambled Eggs. It was cute, charming, and low-key. Completely the opposite of whatever Sam Mendes is probably up to—just a neat little well-made slice of life that didn't feel like a hagiography.

Here's a lowres version from YouTube, but I'd encourage you to seek it out in better quality because it's actually got quite a nice look to it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8uanV2Paypk

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

PriorMarcus posted:

There's not a chance in hell any of the films include this. It'll be nothing but reverence for 12+ hours.
oh no doubt, no one in the world wants to see lennon beat his family and there's probably more money to be had in the clickbait pointing out its inevitable omission

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

There's no way any of the 4 Beatle movies come out as good as this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6frgnqTo1eM

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
There’s no way the Ringo and George movies actually get made.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

I call it...The Boomerverse

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Big Mean Jerk posted:

There’s no way the Ringo and George movies actually get made.

I imagine he's just filming one big movie and dividing it into quarters by the power of gimmickry, Mendes' main mode now.

I'm not reading the link tho

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I would watch a Ringo movie that was only about him playing Mr Conductor. Release that and then say you ran out of money to do the rest.

Simplex
Jun 29, 2003

It makes sense to me as something that would work for streaming services. No way all four see a theatrical release.

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

Ringo is astounded when he actually does end up in an Octopus’s Garden, but soon finds himself in more peril than he bargained for

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
"You don't understand. You're not in an octopus' garden with me. I'm in an octopus' garden... with you."

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Calling it now there'll be bits where if you play all 4 at the same time they synchronise, probably when they're all playing their instrument, or jerking off

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Splint Chesthair posted:

lol the Beatles Cinematic Universe.

Into the Beatle Verse, where they team up with the Yellow Submarine versions, the 60s tv cartoon versions, The Bee Gees dressed as Sgt Pepper, the Walk Hard versions, etc.

The extended cut of Yellow Submarine already has the Beatles meet the Lonely Hearts Club Band.

vegetables posted:

Ringo is astounded when he actually does end up in an Octopus’s Garden, but soon finds himself in more peril than he bargained for

Crowd-pleasing Wiggles crossover.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Casimir Radon posted:

I would watch a Ringo movie that was only about him playing Mr Conductor. Release that and then say you ran out of money to do the rest.

Really hope the Ringo movie includes this iconic message:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAU0l7325w0

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Chairman Capone posted:

Really hope the Ringo movie includes this iconic message:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAU0l7325w0

"Humans, your planet's days are numbered. On the 29th of February by your Earth calendar, we will begin the bombardment with peace & love, peace & love."

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Cooked Auto posted:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1759947149112918241

There's been a lifesign from the Borderlands movie. Completely forgot it existed, again.

This casting is so silly it makes me imagine a Hollywood Persona adaptation with all leads being 45+

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

fatherboxx posted:

This casting is so silly it makes me imagine a Hollywood Persona adaptation with all leads being 45+

The Personas are just younger actors who do all the action scenes for them.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

fatherboxx posted:

Accidental Yakuza 7 adaptation.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Beatles post credits scene is Eric Clapton trying coke for the first time and glaring into a mirror with red eyes.

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

I'm only up for a Ringo movie where he is just a silly guy for 90 minutes. Not directed by Sam Mendes preferably. Maybe Lonely Island dudes.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

well why not posted:

Beatles post credits scene is Eric Clapton trying coke for the first time and glaring into a mirror with red eyes.

Something about windows.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

fatherboxx posted:

I'm only up for a Ringo movie where he is just a silly guy for 90 minutes. Not directed by Sam Mendes preferably. Maybe Lonely Island dudes.

The Ringo movie should be just a bunch of crazy poo poo that people would never believe, like Ringo meeting aliens or Ringo as James Bond or something.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Codependent Poster posted:

The Ringo movie should be just a bunch of crazy poo poo that people would never believe, like Ringo meeting aliens or Ringo as James Bond or something.

I read this as this came on.

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

Ringo just answering his mail for 90 minutes, vowing to catch up to modern day before he dies. Yes, the Marge painting is on the wall.

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

PriorMarcus posted:

The perennial paradox of music biopics: no commercial appeal without the catalog rights, which in turn entail the cooperation of the musician(s) or their estates, which in turn obligates the film to be a hagiography

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

Cooked Auto posted:

https://twitter.com/Wario64/status/1759947149112918241

There's been a lifesign from the Borderlands movie. Completely forgot it existed, again.

I think it's really cool that their first promotional photo is a recreation of the poster for Disney's Holes

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

fatherboxx posted:

it should be claymation or, ideally, stop-motion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

fatherboxx posted:

Sam Mendes is just Chris Nolan with less flair