Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot
I want to know where Gabe Davis ends up. He's so underrated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunday Morning
Apr 7, 2007

Easy
Smellrose

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Bills Mafia glares up from their beers and wings "Them's fightin' words"

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

A Sneaker Broker posted:

lol come post this in the AFC east thread around the bills sickos.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Sunday Morning posted:

Bills Mafia glares up from their beers and wings "Them's fightin' words"

I know. I'm sorry, Mafia. But I'm reviewing all these free-agent WRs and telling myself, "I would only take Mike Evans over Gabe Davis." He would be WR1 on the Chiefs.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Mystic Stylez posted:

Agholor unironically ruled this season

It was pretty jarring how often he was associated with a positive play.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

A Sneaker Broker posted:

I know. I'm sorry, Mafia. But I'm reviewing all these free-agent WRs and telling myself, "I would only take Mike Evans over Gabe Davis." He would be WR1 on the Chiefs.

You don't deserve to root for a championship team with these kind of opinions.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Why are you trying to acquire MORE MVS clones

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

A Sneaker Broker posted:

Besides Rice the Chiefs' best WR is an empty roster slot.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

What the gently caress, Gabe Davis is not a good signing. Do not root for that.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.
Bet he ends up on the Jets

Kevino07
Oct 16, 2008
I'm assuming A Sneaker Broker is watching the 2021 Chiefs-Bills Divisional Game on a loop and that is why they are so high on Gabe Davis.

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Kevino07 posted:

and that is why they are so high on Gabe Davis.

Or paint fumes. It could also be paint fumes and produce the same posts.

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Kalli posted:

Relatively fondly remembered by fans of teams that didn't spend a 1st round pick on them. Guys like Cordarrelle Patterson, Dante Fowler, Danny Shelton, Leonard Fournette....

Darrius Heyward Bey was a great wr3 and special teamer on the Steelers for four years, longer than he played for any other team.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS

mllaneza posted:

Or paint fumes. It could also be paint fumes and produce the same posts.
Maybe he’s been in a coma since immediately after that game and just woke up?

Like, let’s just choose kindness and understanding.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Ted Ginn is the ultimate terrible draft pick, pretty good player.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

I'll see y'all when he signs with the Chiefs.

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Ted Ginn is the ultimate terrible draft pick, pretty good player.

I liked* his work in Carolina.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

A Sneaker Broker posted:

I'll see y'all when he signs with the Chiefs.

who are notable for making great WR evaluations and signings the past few years

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

A Sneaker Broker posted:

This is deranged.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Nervous posted:

I liked* his work in Carolina.
Heh

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Gabe Davis is a very good WR3 and if you need him to be the WR2 you will hate him

He drops so many balls, he's a great scheme fit for KC. Last year a near 10% drop rate, dropped last year but I bet it's an outlier

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

you can fix every player if they sign to your team

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

on my team, which is good, unlike your team, which is poo poo, the underperforming player will overperform. my underperforming players, they will be even worse than they were on my team because they don't have my team boosting them up. you fool. you troglodyte. you absolute buffoon.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Declan MacManus posted:

on my team, which is good, unlike your team, which is poo poo, the underperforming player will overperform. my underperforming players, they will be even worse than they were on my team because they don't have my team boosting them up. you fool. you troglodyte. you absolute buffoon.

*looks at Agholor*

Yeah, checks out

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Declan MacManus posted:

on your team, which is good, unlike myteam, which is poo poo, the underperforming player will overperform. your underperforming players, they will be even worse than they were on your team because they don't have your team boosting them up. you fool. you troglodyte. you absolute buffoon.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow
Gabe davis derangement syndrome is real. We all saw the playoff game and he’s not had one good god drat game since then. To suggest you would rather have him over guys like Calvin Ridley, tee Higgins, Michael Pittman, so on and so forth, is insane. Sorry. I would rather have a guy like Curtis Samuel or Darnell Mooney to be my WR3 over gabe davis

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Declan MacManus posted:

Can we just make this whole post the thread title

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Declan MacManus posted:

:hmmyes:

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
Every player is doing their best pretty much

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Nervous posted:

Bet he ends up on the Jets

Gabe Davis seems like a classic Jets overpay. Don't know if Rodgers will allow it though.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

I could see the Jets doing a disastrous Davis contract if they strike out on a few other guys. AFC East incest is sickening.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Mega64 posted:

Gabe Davis seems like a classic Jets overpay. Don't know if Rodgers will allow it though.
Dont count out the Jags here.

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

Dont count out the Jags here.

I dunno, maybe the Ravens pay him to spend 2/3 the contract on IR.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
The Ravens don't have the money to pay him. Besides, Baltimore's history is loving up WR in the draft. In FA they pick up over the hill WRs who are generally fine but don't move the needle.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

OBJ will be the more likely Jets overpay. Just because Rodgers wanted him so badly.

Not like 1/$15m Ravens overpay this past year but like 2/$20m.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

Diva Cupcake posted:

OBJ will be the more likely Jets overpay. Just because Rodgers wanted him so badly.

Not like 1/$15m Ravens overpay this past year but like 2/$20m.

They really will pay with opportunity cost for giving lovely WRs snaps.

Phobeste
Apr 9, 2006

never, like, count out Touchdown Tom, man
it's not an overpay, it's worth it for the emotional boost they'll get rehabbing together

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

The Puppy Bowl posted:

The Ravens don't have the money to pay him. Besides, Baltimore's history is loving up WR in the draft. In FA they pick up over the hill WRs who are generally fine but don't move the needle.

who's that this year? michael thomas? he'll be 31 before training camp starts

Borsche69
May 8, 2014

Forrest on Fire posted:

I dunno, maybe the Ravens pay him to spend 2/3 the contract on IR.

i still cant believe the ravens played OBJ and Dr Clowney and they collectively missed like 2 games. I think Clowney was healthy the whole year. Wild

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Borsche69 posted:

who's that this year? michael thomas? he'll be 31 before training camp starts

Michael Thomas's career is kinda crazy. Just tearing up the league for four years and and then the ankle injury (+ losing Brees by the time he got back I guess). Then...like, there's nothing there anymore.