Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
I like Curtis but she is definitely an old white woman from hollywood

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Argyle Gargoyle
Apr 1, 2009

ABSTRACT SHAPES CREW

kalel posted:

I played borderlands 3 with a buddy for an hour and I wanted to die. idk about the previous entries but it was like joss whedon made a video game

I wanted something to play with friends way back and after maybe an hour or two of the first one I just alt+f4 -> uninstalled.

The quippiness is intolerable.

sinnesloeschen
Jun 4, 2011

fiiiiiiinnnne
:coolspot:

Failson posted:

Give the Venture Brothers crew a superhero franchise.

oh my god what the hell is wrong with you i thought we liked venture brothers why would anyone ever do that to them jfc

cmon man

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Kingo Ligma posted:

Never forget Jamie Lee Curtis complained extensively and repeatedly that Coldplay were too punk rock because their shows started after 5pm.

She is a cringe elemental.

She's an old lady. It's definitely an 'okay grandma' sort of thing to say but how is that cringe?

CaptainBeefart
Mar 28, 2016

Jamie is right, early shows are the best. Even better if there's seats.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

https://x.com/davemcnamee3000/status/1760032216091185168?s=46&t=7IX9GxbIEPra1x9IFSEgww

Madame Webb and what amounts to a Four Loko. The stars! They’re just like us!

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

This is what the rich and famous mean when they talk about what a wonderful special experience seeing a movie in a theater is

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer

Kingo Ligma posted:

Never forget Jamie Lee Curtis complained extensively and repeatedly that Coldplay were too punk rock because their shows started after 5pm.

She is a cringe elemental.

This makes me like her more

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

sweet geek swag posted:

She's an old lady. It's definitely an 'okay grandma' sort of thing to say but how is that cringe?

If you don't understand why old people are cringe in this, the RLM thread, I can't help you

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Endless Trash posted:

https://x.com/davemcnamee3000/status/1760032216091185168?s=46&t=7IX9GxbIEPra1x9IFSEgww

Madame Webb and what amounts to a Four Loko. The stars! They’re just like us!

*Mike thinking about Kirsten Dunst voice*

I'd 4 her Loko. Madame her Webb. Tweet her X. Etc her etc.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

poo poo 3pm her Sunday would have been a good one for the end where I ran out of steam.

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Kingo Ligma posted:

If you don't understand why old people are cringe in this, the RLM thread, I can't help you

Mike: Jamie Lee Curtis’s bones are made of DUST *laughs until he cries*

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Kingo Ligma posted:

This is true, we should all follow Mikes ways. Don't find old people cringy or pitiable, just laugh at their misfortune of being old.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Failson posted:

Give the Venture Brothers crew a superhero franchise.

wtf I wouldn’t wish that on my enemy, let alone some creatives that I like and admire

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Of it follows other Blanchett films the movie will be terrible but she'll still put in an Oscar nomination earning performance.

Sunk Dunk
Apr 14, 2021
i could have been a great writer and movie maker but i was never given the chance

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Frankly you could have been a youtubist but you didn't stick with it. I'm not sure whether to SMDH or compliment your wisdom

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Sunk Dunk posted:

i could have been a great writer and movie maker but i was never given the chance

This doesn't apply to writers.
You have the tools to write the best screenplay in history, currently being used to poo poo post right here.

I believe in you, off you go.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

PostNouveau posted:

That baffling A24 Alex Garland movie about a civil war where California and Texas team up to fight the East Coast released a second trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBEEDOm2O5E

It does not answer any of the obvious questions raised by the premise.

I think it’s not that hard to imagine how that would happen. Texas and California are the two states best poised to function as independent nations. You would need a situation where staying as part of the US becomes a liability. We’re already seeing the decline of US hegemony and the rise of China as an international power. Just accelerate both a bit. Imagine NATO starting to splinter and the dollar no longer being the world’s reserve currency. If there was a massive worldwide depression caused by, for example, conflict in the Middle East disrupting the oil supply, China would be better positioned than the US to recover and aid other countries in their recovery. A declining US would probably freak out about that and do something stupid like try to sanction or economically blockade China to keep countries in the US’ sphere of influence. That would create a situation where Texas and California could see benefit in cutting themselves free from the declining power so they would be free to do business in the new China-led world.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
sunk dunk write us a movie

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Soapy_Bumslap posted:

This makes me like her more

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

PostNouveau posted:

That baffling A24 Alex Garland movie about a civil war where California and Texas team up to fight the East Coast released a second trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBEEDOm2O5E

It does not answer any of the obvious questions raised by the premise.

I think this looks pretty good and ya'll are just lame :shrug:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Sunk Dunk posted:

me too except I just didn't want to. if I was given the chance right now I'd be like no thanks!!

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

MarcusSA posted:

I think this looks pretty good and ya'll are just lame :shrug:

We need a bunch more movies about a civil war in America so in 20 years someone can put together a montage like this about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlxGtKw2KAA

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Cate Blanchett is 54 god drat years old how tf is she trying to play Siren?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Writing is best when you have no expectation of people wanting or liking the thing, much less making money off of it, you just do it for your own enjoyment. Much like my poasting

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Cubone posted:

me too except I just didn't want to. if I was given the chance right now I'd be like no thanks!!

The smartest move of all. Just get some office job and enjoy your existence

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

MarcusSA posted:

Cate Blanchett is 54 god drat years old how tf is she trying to play Siren?

she looks older than that in that poster

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

imagine going straight from the set of Tar, what you thought was guaranteed oscar bait, to the most video game-rear end video game movie

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

Dijkstracula posted:

imagine going straight from the set of Tar, what you thought was guaranteed oscar bait, to the most video game-rear end video game movie

i just checked IMDB and Tar filmed from June 20, 2021 - December 12, 2021, and Borderlands filmed from Apr 1, 2021 - Jun 22, 2021. so it was actually the other way around... other than reshoots i guess

Dijkstracula
Mar 18, 2003

You can't spell 'vector field' without me, Professor!

man, is a moopie stuck in post limbo for three years a common thing or can I assume this is just further evidence that this one's a stinker

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Dijkstracula posted:

man, is a moopie stuck in post limbo for three years a common thing or can I assume this is just further evidence that this one's a stinker

Yes.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Mozi posted:

i just checked IMDB and Tar filmed from June 20, 2021 - December 12, 2021, and Borderlands filmed from Apr 1, 2021 - Jun 22, 2021. so it was actually the other way around... other than reshoots i guess
yeah, the end of Tar was specifically rewritten in response to her experiences working on Borderlands. I thought everybody knew this

Cubone
May 26, 2011

(joke post) (or is it??)

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Cubone posted:

yeah, the end of Tar was specifically rewritten in response to her experiences working on Borderlands. I thought everybody knew this

This is true I read it on Wikipedia.

Lister
Apr 23, 2004

Maybe they meant to hire Kate Beckinsale and just got the names mixed up but then didn't realize it until it was too late.

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

She is now living the plot of Tar

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Cate thought it was the sequel to Nomadland

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

There is a very good found footage horror film called Borderlands that I can’t recommend enough. Creepy as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Lister posted:

Maybe they meant to hire Kate Beckinsale and just got the names mixed up but then didn't realize it until it was too late.

Milla Jovovich denied a second video game franchise.