Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
We are all correct in our assessments of Alex. The man is a Venn Diagram of bad life choices and poor decision making. It’s like trying to say what one thing collapsed the Roman Empire.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Froghammer posted:

There are a lot of overlapping factors that led to Alex bungling his cases to the point that he had multiple default judgements granted against him, but his dyed in the wool libertarian obsession with his own personal privacy is one of the big ones. Some part of him would honestly rather die than reveal information about his finances and personal correspondences.

To be fair, that information is where the treason and fraud and bribery charges live, along with whatever else shady poo poo Alex has been getting up to, funding himself off the dregs of the planet

I would not be at all shocked if forensic accounting is being done to try to figure out where the money has come from to keep infowars in the black

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
I can't believe I'm agreeing with David Icke this many times in a row at an hour into today's episode. If you replace "lizard people and illuminati" with "global capital" he may even be right!

stringless
Dec 28, 2005

keyboard ⌨️​ :clint: cowboy

Marsupial Ape posted:

We are all correct in our assessments of Alex. The man is a Venn Diagram of bad life choices and poor decision making. It’s like trying to say what one thing collapsed the Roman Empire.
... ALEXANDER IONES?

LASER BEAM DREAM
Nov 3, 2005

Oh, what? So now I suppose you're just going to sit there and pout?
I did not see the Elon twist coming. WTF

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
David Icke bullying Alex about how his hero worship of Elon Musk is entirely at odds with his image of being above the left-right paradigm is great and I love it

red19fire
May 26, 2010

“Elon is not a globalist.” -a guy who is willfully ignoring Elon_ghislaine.jpg

Marsupial Ape
Dec 15, 2020
the mod team violated the sancity of my avatar
American conservative chauvinists want to feel like they are all buddies and a fraternity of the best boys. Yeah, sure, some individuals have more money or status, but every body gets to stand around the BBQ and tell horrifically offensive jokes and play like they are "the fellas". Old World conservative chauvinists like Putin are purely top-down, paterfamilias style hierarchy where you shut the gently caress up while Daddy is talking and you'll know when it's your turn. The former, to me, explains why Alex will break his back to defend his Elon and Tucker and the latter explains why Tucker got his fee-fees hurt so bad during the Putin interview.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

LASER BEAM DREAM posted:

I did not see the Elon twist coming. WTF

Yeah, it's loving wild, but not entirely surprising. Musk is exactly that kind of person.

Froghammer posted:

David Icke bullying Alex about how his hero worship of Elon Musk is entirely at odds with his image of being above the left-right paradigm is great and I love it

worst_person_you_know.jpg

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
It’s not Elon imo part of the reason I think so didn’t make it in the episode but when Icke first gets on he mentions that he’d been told Elon would be getting on for the interview in a way which gave me the strong sense Alex had promised that as an incentive to get Icke on.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

David Icke is right.

Please don't quote me out of context thanks!!

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

Not Elon seemed to be way less stuttery than Real Elon. Honestly it struck me more as an AI voice enhancer than the real thing. The tech has been around long enough that I'm surprised Jordan thought it had to be a family member, which is laughable.

https://youtu.be/k54cpsAbMn4

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

Scam Likely posted:

Not Elon seemed to be way less stuttery than Real Elon. Honestly it struck me more as an AI voice enhancer than the real thing. The tech has been around long enough that I'm surprised Jordan thought it had to be a family member, which is laughable.

https://youtu.be/k54cpsAbMn4

It’s worth noting that a big thing with chase geyser who’s been Mc-ing a couple of”Twitter spaces” type segments on the show lately has been said by Alex to be pushing a lot of ai stuff in their content mill. There’s been really stupid ads in past months where Alex is literally in lord of the rings doing the speech the Rohan king guy does at the end of the Helms deep fight.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.
I think the question of whether it was Elon or not is further exacerbated by the fact that he is the kind of person that would do something like that.

If it is Alex pulling some kind of stunt, the kind of poo poo he'll be pulling in a couple of years with AI is gonna be a problem

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

That was clearly not Elon but Alex believing so hard that he gave some random dude who sounded like Elon last word in the discussion was hilarious.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Hey, remember how this thread has been wondering what's been going on between Alex and Steven Crowder behind the mug club paywall?

Well, surprise! It's Christian apologetics

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Megabound posted:

That was clearly not Elon but Alex believing so hard that he gave some random dude who sounded like Elon last word in the discussion was hilarious.

And blowing off his actual guest to gush over some dweeb using an AI vocoder.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I mean, it works in Alex's best interest to believe it is Elon for farming clicks and boosting his own ego so of course he's going to say it is. This is what's behind every hot tub globalist story.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Anybody grab live show tickets? I'm going to the Toronto show.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I'm almost finished listening to the Tucker interview of Putin episode, and I'm honestly curious how much of the disconnect between Putin and Tucker are from Putin's first question of "Hey, did you want to have a serious discussion or do your show" and Tucker said "a serious discussion:wink:" and Putin actually thought he wanted an actual discussion.

Still absolutely hilarious that it was basically just Putin trolling Tucker on all the conservative propaganda fluff questions

Generic American
Mar 15, 2012

I love my Peng

Randalor posted:

I'm almost finished listening to the Tucker interview of Putin episode, and I'm honestly curious how much of the disconnect between Putin and Tucker are from Putin's first question of "Hey, did you want to have a serious discussion or do your show" and Tucker said "a serious discussion:wink:" and Putin actually thought he wanted an actual discussion.

Still absolutely hilarious that it was basically just Putin trolling Tucker on all the conservative propaganda fluff questions

That's apparently the exact story that Putin is going with for how the interview didn't pan out.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2024/feb/15/vladimir-putin-tucker-carlson-interview-footage-sharp-questions

Vladimir Putin surprised at no ‘sharp questions’ from Tucker Carlson posted:

In the same interview on Russian state TV on Wednesday, Putin also said he did not get “much pleasure” from last week’s two-hour interview with the conservative presenter Carlson, because the questions had not been sharp enough.

“To be honest, I thought that he would behave aggressively and ask so-called sharp questions. I was not just prepared for this, I wanted it, because it would give me the opportunity to respond in the same way,” Putin said in comments broadcast on Wednesday.

Putin said that Carlson had “tried to interrupt me several times” but praised the conservative journalist, who is close to Trump, for his “patience” when listening to his “long speeches, especially those related to history”.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*
I'm sure tucker is scared about being poisoned or prevented from leaving the country as it is :mildpanic:

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

I'm going to have to retract my "That's def not Elon" into "That could have totally been Elon"

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
So awesome to hear Ike get sidelined for Guy Who Sounds Just Like Misk.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
Bloomberg Law is reporting that the Sandy Hook families have unanimously voted to stop their attempts at parley with Jones. They've since submitted a new bankruptcy proposal which will proceed to immediate(?) liquidation of everything he owns. According to the notice, the new plan was drafted on Jan 29th and all the votes were collected by Feb 14th. The vote to liquidate was unanimous across 23 creditors.

While it is being first reported today, the legal notice of it was dated on the 16th. I can't get an exact timestamp narrowing it down further. If it was in the morning, Alex would've found out during his live show on that day, which would explain why he was sorta there-and-not-there on KF EP #900. (And when he was, he was mostly just complaining about the bankruptcy.) I wouldn't be surprised if he's been "out of studio" since then.

Now, this is currently just on the SH Creditors' end. Judge Lopez probably hasn't officiated anything yet. The news, for the moment, is that the SH Families have finally said "liquidation, now." If this is genuine, or just a bargaining tactic to force Jones to his knees, we'll have to see.

Edit: Added link to news report.

Morroque fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Feb 21, 2024

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I’d say, “That explains why he was drunk and angry last episode,” but this is Alex. Drunk and angry is his base state of being.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Xiahou Dun posted:

I’d say, “That explains why he was drunk and angry last episode,” but this is Alex. Drunk and angry is his base state of being.

That or coked up and happy(?), really.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
If Alex remains out of studio for long enough, there is the option to try listening to his lackies to see if they let slip any details, but that seems very much like a last resort for poor Dan.

Another double-edged sword is to hope Alex just starts posting through it. He likely will feel it necessary to get out in front of the news, but who knows how that will go...

Xiahou Dun
Jul 16, 2009

We shall dive down through black abysses... and in that lair of the Deep Ones we shall dwell amidst wonder and glory forever.

I’m hoping for some cell footage of a drunk Alex shouting while they take his stuff away.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
This actually makes sense in his last appearance when he said he had to sell everything he owned. He was like "I don't mind doing this, all I care about is the message." It sounded like an escalation of his normal post trial rhetoric, but that actually might be the thing. I know he recently rejected a 6-ish% version of his liability charge that the parents offered.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Ah, so it's going to be an Alex Whining episode.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Jones Is Feeling Increasingly Isolated

red19fire
May 26, 2010

He’s going to take an indefinite Hawaiian fact-finding work-cation until the court cancels his credit card lmao.

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

*Price is Right loser sound*

https://news.bloomberglaw.com/bankruptcy-law/sandy-hook-families-vote-to-liquidate-alex-jones-bankrupt-estate

Edit: Alex saying "Party Time! Imma get all up in your guts" sends chills up my spine. Every time.

BigRed0427 fucked around with this message at 19:47 on Feb 21, 2024

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
Guess I was wrong... I didn't think Alex would stay in-studio. Though, it feels appropriate that he'd use the opportunity to justify his weird and nonsensical racism.

I suppose the bankruptcy shoe hasn't dropped quite yet.

Tree Dude
May 26, 2012

AND MY SONG IS...
Alex's fake stories about people in public coming up to him and telling him how right he is and how much they love him and saying things to him that sound suspiciously like stuff he says every day on his show is my favorite thing. Especially when he starts giving really specific unnecessary details that just make the story seem even more fake.

Fred is on
Dec 25, 2007

Riders...
IN SPACE!

Tree Dude posted:

Alex's fake stories about people in public coming up to him and telling him how right he is and how much they love him and saying things to him that sound suspiciously like stuff he says every day on his show is my favorite thing. Especially when he starts giving really specific unnecessary details that just make the story seem even more fake.

It's great. Grown adult telling "And then everybody clapped!" stories.

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY
Weirdly convenient for Alex that Trump’s big fraud judgement is the same week as his debtors voting for this liquidation stuff giving him a slightly better veneer than usual to rant at judges and sound like he’s addressing The Issues to his audience.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tree Dude posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

Going to be thinking about the piss jungle juice for a while.