Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
The first three seasons are my kind of poo poo. There's lots to like in Seasons 4-6 but they also adapt the weaker books in the series so they can get tedious. Also one of the main actors being removed from the show for being a sex pest completely fishtails a good quarter of Season 5. And a complete lack of Jared Harris is also a shame.

Arc Hammer fucked around with this message at 05:11 on Feb 21, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meat Wagon
Jul 14, 2004

kalel posted:

watched existenz at the alamo

my first cronenberg. I liked the practical effects. also I didn't realize it before but jude law is way over hyped as an actor isn't he? I mean he's not bad, just not as good as you would expect. maybe it's his accent. anyway I was a little bit disappointed by the film. I like the punchline at the end, I just wish I had gone in expecting a tight body horror exploitation flick instead of something more grand in scope. I spent most of the movie wondering why the plot was complete bloody slimy nonsense instead of vibing

I rewatched it recently too and had the same thoughts about Jude Law. I know he's a good actor but in Existenz he was just very blank and flat. He reminded me of the lead in Scanners so I was wondering if this was intentional from Cronenberg. In a way the entire film just felt like a lesser remake of Videodrome, with the altered reality making you question what is real and whats not but I found the pirate tv broadcasts and mind control conspiracies to be way more compelling than a wacky videogame.

Speaking of Cronenberg I just watched Nightbreed (the cabal cut) and man, that's an incredibly frustrating film. So much work and effort had been put into the creature designs and sets but it all falls apart because of the atrocious pacing. The first hour seems so rushed that you never really get a chance to care about any of the characters or plot threads and the last like 45 minutes is a messy action scene where characters appear at random in different locations, a brief 5 second scene of a monster being shot by the angry mob, characters appear at random in different locations, another monster being shot by angry mob. It was a complete mess that never flowed right. I'm a bit disappointed because it felt like it had all the ingredients to be an actual good horror film but for the director. I hated the score, a whimsical Danny Elfman garbage that did not fit the tone at all. Women and children being gunned down by cackling rednecks set to a soundtrack where you wouldn't be surprised to see peewee herman fly past in the background on his bike and honk his horn. I did like Cronenberg as the evil doctor though, he was very sinister and I loved his creepy serial killer mask. Just a disappointment overall.

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Failson posted:

Milla Jovovich denied a second video game franchise.

she would be perfect to play lilith :sigh:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

Space Kablooey posted:

She's also not that much younger than Cate Blanchett.

Unclear why they thought they needed to cast names at all. Who is seeing Borderlands who otherwise wouldn't because Cate Blanchett is in it?

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Based on how madame web went down I'm going to be much more sensitive to execs trying nonsensical things to increase the female viewership % of nerd poo poo

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

PostNouveau posted:

She's also not that much younger than Cate Blanchett.

yet she aged much better. also milla has a reputation of being cast for videogame trash already so why not lean into it

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Just why Borderlands of all things. Taken out of its video game context its another dime a dozen Mad Max ripoff except aaaaaaalieeeeeeens and fart jokes. Remove those two things and you've got the music and the art style. The movie isn't a cel shaded animated feature so it's already gonna look like a cheap junkyard set and Jesper Kyd is too busy making insane music for video games to bother making music for the movie of a game he scored 15 years ago.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Because a new generation needs their own tank girl

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Milo and POTUS posted:

Because a new generation needs their own tank girl

But Tank Girl was actually good thou

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
https://twitter.com/HolyfieldM5/status/1759966240041254953?t=Q1fvx53JN9uissY4Cji85g&s=19

My heart can't take it. I hope they give Piss Finger Man another chance.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Kingo Rides Again

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Castor Poe posted:

https://twitter.com/HolyfieldM5/status/1759966240041254953?t=Q1fvx53JN9uissY4Cji85g&s=19

LMAO 4 ever

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Hello marvel this is your accountant speaking. I am advising you today to please keep green lighting this poo poo

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

Just why Borderlands of all things. Taken out of its video game context its another dime a dozen Mad Max ripoff except aaaaaaalieeeeeeens and fart jokes. Remove those two things and you've got the music and the art style. The movie isn't a cel shaded animated feature so it's already gonna look like a cheap junkyard set and Jesper Kyd is too busy making insane music for video games to bother making music for the movie of a game he scored 15 years ago.

strike while the iron is absolute-zero cold is what they say in the biz

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

dr_rat posted:

But Tank Girl was actually good thou

i watched tank girl the movie and i wasnt impressed. it was taking too long to get to the tank part of it

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Arc Hammer posted:

or maybe randy needed the money for more squirting camgirls

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Castor Poe posted:

TIP
Mar 21, 2006

Your move, creep.

Castor Poe posted:

didn't ikaris suicide into the sun at the end?

I remember rolling my eyes at the writer thinking they're so clever

mystes
May 31, 2006

Castor Poe posted:

Well I really wasn't expecting that

Space Kablooey
May 6, 2009

Castor Poe posted:

quote:

This will be one of the films that releases before or after Avengers Secret Wars

:hmmyes:

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

this time it will be good, im sure of it

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

On one hand, I refuse to believe that Kevin Feige is dumb enough to make another Eternals. On the other hand, this is the same guy who didn't realize Daredevil was blind until Born Again entered pre-production.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
Oh I wonder what other fun disasters we're going to see marvel/Disney desperately put into production now they have no idea how to keep the MCU going!

Go wild marvel/Disney, go wild!

mystes
May 31, 2006

dr_rat posted:

Oh I wonder what other fun disasters we're going to see marvel/Disney desperately put into production now they have no idea how to keep the MCU going!

Go wild marvel/Disney, go wild!
Hopefully an MCU star wars crossover

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

mystes posted:

Hopefully an MCU star wars crossover

Oh yay, there's going to be at least one ewok that gets a superpower!

Also surprised they haven't put out a thing with baby yoda and the muppets yet, cos like why not at this point.

Vim Fuego
Jun 1, 2000

Ultra Carp
Muppet Baby Yodas

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Space Kablooey posted:

I completely believed you were saying she should’ve played Lilith in some upcoming Darkstalkers movie and made the most confused face of my life

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Kumail Nanjiani just opened up about the "trauma" of people not liking his movie and now he's back for seconds.

mystes
May 31, 2006

What about the trauma of people who had to watch his movie (ok it wasn't actually that bad)

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

counterfeitsaint posted:

Kumail Nanjiani just opened up about the "trauma" of people not liking his movie and now he's back for seconds.

Poor dude is gonna end up looking Jeff Goldblum at the end of The Fly.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Castor Poe posted:

Heh, I actually said "wow" out loud

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I hope Eternals 2 opens with a dramatic zoom on the black gay eternal looking sad about the destruction he has unleashed upon the world: the film Eternals 2

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
yikes:stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=769s19lITRo

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
lol

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

PostNouveau posted:

Kingo Rides Again

ChunkSpunk
Feb 21, 2024

Somebody fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Feb 21, 2024

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
rip meat

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Yes you idiots yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Kingo Ligma posted:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Yes you idiots yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jesus christ what did Tony do to you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

UnleashedDad posted:

Is the Expanse any good cause I’m a season in and I’m not entirely feeling it. If I just gotta power through another season for it to gel for me I’ll do it.

I really liked The Expanse, but if you’re not feeling it after all of season one, then you probably never will. It will just be a slog until you hit the wall of boredom that is season 4 and the gravel planet.