Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

PhazonLink posted:

why not Jared his one son(in law) he always wanted?

I was assuming Ivanka would talk Jared out of it, you know considering how dodgy his own finances are and how that went for trump.

She's already had one fortune ruined by a relative going into politics, probably really doesn't want another.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

His VP pick will obviously be Ivanka

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009

dr_rat posted:

Yeah that seems very low ever for a lackluster campaign. Is he telling people to donate somewhere else at his speeches?

Also just checked the gofundme, it's at almost $806K after four days.
https://www.gofundme.com/f/stand-with-trump-raise-the-settlement
All money he'll never see, lol.

I'd be willing to guess that easily 50% of the funds will inevitably be traced to crime/money laundering and 95% of "6.8K people just donated".

notwithoutmyanus fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Feb 21, 2024

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Alan Smithee posted:

He’s gonna pick Ivanka

Serious talk: I think she and her husband will stay far the gently caress away from Donald J Trump in the future.

She married into money, and I think even Jared can see that the Trump name is quickly decaying and becoming toxic.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
It's time for the Trump/Palin ticket!

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

It'll be Tim Scott because he's a useful black guy and didn't fight him at all the way De Santis and Haley did.

He's a malleable stooge and doesn't have the same desparate/crazy stink about him most of the other contenders have.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

*sigh* remember when Palin was the resident gop crazy. Simpler times.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

War Wizard posted:

*sigh* remember when Palin was the resident gop crazy. Simpler times.

Remember when the crazies were known by name for their rarity? Now you gotta memorize one third to half the Republican party.

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

Biden is going to crush him in ads alone

The Dem warchest is loving massive, the GOP is like 10 million in debt

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

Three Olives posted:

It's going to be some evangelical that no one has ever heard of before like Mike Johnson or Amy Coney Barrett that has been quietly lurking behind the scenes for years forging alliances with the most awful people on the planet but has very little personal record until you do a shitload of digging and find some really loving weird stuff but no smoking gun.

So basically a lower profile Mike Pence who hasn't given a bunch of people HIV yet but is waiting for their moment to shine. So basically whoever Leonard Leo tells him to nominate because Trump doesn't give two shits. This is highly dependent on how easily Leo is able to squirm out of the SCOTUS immunity ruling.

If he weren't running for Senate, I'd guess Jim Justice. If Trump asked him to, I imagine he'd drop out to be his VP pick. He's got star power (owns a dog) and the sleeper bluedog vote locked in (pushed the covid vaccine) while appealing to traditional republican values (under investigation for corruption).

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
remember that one woman that said she isnt a witch.

lol at social media crazyness of that year.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

PhazonLink posted:

remember that one woman that said she isnt a witch.

lol at social media crazyness of that year.

Christine O'Donnell, the attempted Tea Party Senator from the great state of Delaware?

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat
remember the NV lady from 2010 that proposed a barter system for healthcare

https://www.theguardian.com/world/richard-adams-blog/2010/apr/21/sue-lowden-lowdencare-chickens-nevada

ironically, at least this is a healthcare proposal

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
Haley should start telling Sir Stories where tearful passers-by tell her how much smarter and better-liked than Donald Trump she is.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Alan Smithee posted:

He never wanted a son in law

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

If any of this is as bad as the reporting makes it sound, this feels catastrophic. The PACs supporting grungo are juggling money between themselves to put out fires and taking in basically nothing. Anything that does come in, and as much of the stockpile as they can snatch up, gets shoveled directly into the flames of Trump's debts. Lmao.

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

who is grungo?

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat

NoiseAnnoys posted:

who is grungo?

NoiseAnnoys
May 17, 2010

nah, that's clearly donald j. trump.

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

It's you.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Lamech posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/richard-adams-blog/2010/apr/21/sue-lowden-lowdencare-chickens-nevada

I can get two fryers on sale for $10 if I can trade them for a checkup that’s considerably cheaper then my copay under Biden’s Obamacare

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Lamech posted:

Honestly this is not a bad idea. The bar is so low that this beats out anything proposed (or lack thereof) by either party.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Barter for healthcare opens up some interesting possibilities in the Nevada counties where sex work is legal.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

Me crawling to my stove after a car ran over my leg: "unnnhh... gotta.. fry up... unnnhh... a couple pieces of chicken for the hospital bill."

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
It’s Nevada shouldn’t it be Rolexes for checkups

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

I remember back in the mid 90's it wasn't uncommon to see people wearing these long wallet chains attached to their belts, and a couple chickens tied to the other end.

nobodygetshurt
Dec 11, 2007

Blu-KAWK Blue Shield

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

20pc nuggets per shot of insulin? This Bidenflation is out of control

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Mr. Meagles posted:

20pc nuggets per shot of insulin? This Bidenflation is out of control

That’s not bad

TremorX
Jan 19, 2001

All Hail Big Hairy Mike

Carth Dookie posted:

Remember when the crazies were known by name for their rarity? Now you gotta memorize one third to half the Republican party.

By design, the more mental energy you waste trying to keep their stupid shenanigans straight the less you're using to figure out ways to get them out of office

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
lol imagine the barter system combined with those church healthcare money pools.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

PhazonLink posted:

lol imagine the barter system combined with those church healthcare money pools.

Maybe we can finally cash in these thoughts and prayers.

3 T&P for a broken arm.

Highbrow Slick
Jul 1, 2007

it is a fool who stays alive - but such fools are we.
His VP pick will have a max of 2 syllables in their last name, preferably one, because anything more will be interpreted by big brain as taking up too much space on the marquee as it were. I believe in my heart he is that basic and petty.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

Lamech posted:

What if I have a medical emergency in the middle of the night and don't have access to enough chickens to call for an ambulance?

She is dumber than a 4 year old. I guarantee if you asked a 4 year old if they think it'd be a better idea if we switched to a system where, every time they get a tummy ache, they have to run around outside and catch enough chickens first before we see the doctor, they would tell you you're a loving moron immediately.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Highbrow Slick posted:

His VP pick will have a max of 2 syllables in their last name, preferably one, because anything more will be interpreted by big brain as taking up too much space on the marquee as it were. I believe in my heart he is that basic and petty.

If only the artist formerly known as prince was still around. One symbol and your done!

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!

TulliusCicero posted:

Biden is going to crush him in ads alone

The Dem warchest is loving massive, the GOP is like 10 million in debt

I pointed this out earlier that in order to win the presidency you need money lots of money like hundreds of millions of dollars worth of money for advertising for grassroot campaigns which are highly effective, for basically everything you need to not only be successful but to improve the down ballot.

Trump doesn't have that The Republicans don't have that Biden will be able to outspend them easily on everything and it should be enough couple that with the fact that Trump will not be on the campaign trail because he's going to be spending every single month in a courthouse and the fact that he is doing nothing to persuade independent voters which he desperately needs and I just don't see a possible path for him.

I know a lot of people who are just sick and tired of Trump including a couple who voted for him in 2020 I don't think this is going to be his year.

But for the LOLs this might be the best year ever.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

jERP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaurus
Oct 3, 2004

Catastrophe posted:

What if I have a medical emergency in the middle of the night and don't have access to enough chickens to call for an ambulance?

She is dumber than a 4 year old. I guarantee if you asked a 4 year old if they think it'd be a better idea if we switched to a system where, every time they get a tummy ache, they have to run around outside and catch enough chickens first before we see the doctor, they would tell you you're a loving moron immediately.

Use your head. You don't have to deliver the chickens the moment you receive care. They'll bill you for the equivalent of five chickens, and you can send them a promissory chicken note of some kind, perhaps physical tokens that could themselves symbolize or stand in for the value of one chicken.