Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

this comic is never going to resolve anything but this thread has finally resolved the twenty-year mystery for me of what the gently caress Mission T.H.I.N.K.’s title is, holy poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Catgirl Al Capone
Dec 15, 2007

mission think was a sort of soft reboot of gizmos and gadgets, both those games were great

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

I'm old school, I had outgrown the games after Treasure Mountain, so I never played those. Midnight Rescue was my poo poo.

Fecha
Nov 4, 2006

Did I... did I miss anything important?
That art made me think of the Sierra game The Lost Mind of Dr. Brain for the first time in like 25 years, so thanks for that

rudecyrus
Nov 6, 2009

fuck you trolls
gently caress yeah, more people who played Learning Company games

invlwhen
Jul 28, 2012

please do your best

Fecha posted:

That art made me think of the Sierra game The Lost Mind of Dr. Brain for the first time in like 25 years, so thanks for that

file.... the brick

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Morty Maxwell is such a weirdo. Everything about him screams "mad scientist" right down to the robots, but no, dude's a straight-up wizard.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

He'd fit right into Gunnerkrigg Court back when it was good

Youremother fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Feb 21, 2024

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Dr. Disaster does kind of feel like what would happen if the Master of Mischief got tired of committing random acts of terror against local businesses that annoyed him and became an educator.

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Ah so the deal with whoever this girl turns out to be is that right now she thinks Shadow is a threat, I guess.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Note Block posted:

Ah so the deal with whoever this girl turns out to be is that right now she thinks Shadow is a threat, I guess.

so it's Robot

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

I actually have been thinking it was Robot for a while now and didn't want to say it in case it was wrong

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I guess I could see it, I didn't think Robot ever had an actual emotive face before this, and I guess the way she acts kind of fits their inquisitive nature? Doesn't explain why she seems to be attacking Shadow though.

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

Frankly I guessed it might be Robot because I thought that would be the dumbest thing to happen.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
Once you free yourself from the limiting notion that characters should act with motivations consistent with their previous characterization, whole realms of possibilities open up.

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

Youremother posted:

Frankly I guessed it might be Robot because I thought that would be the dumbest thing to happen.

usenet celeb 1992 posted:

Once you free yourself from the limiting notion that characters should act with motivations consistent with their previous characterization, whole realms of possibilities open up.

so it's Tony? lol

Honestly through, people have complained about the background "dot faces" before, and they don't really bother me, I'm good with them. However, like other people have posted, be it Lana or not these dumb faces that I can only recall her and this current robot person making bug me more than they probably should. It's like someone intentionally drew something with the purpose to irritate everyone, but I don't think they are actually meant to be some sort of troll.

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong
My guess is the girl is Loup or Lana since they were directly involved with Coyote "combining" with Zimmy. Thus, they possibly got Zimmified while nobody else did. Seems odd Robot would be changed while nobody else was.

But also:

Edit: Ultimately though, I'm guessing it is Zimmy and this leads to Kat killing her somehow.

catapede fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Feb 21, 2024

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug
Zimmy got merged with Lana like how the two Annies got merged. Zimmy is no longer her own character, now she's Zimna. Gamma won't be seen again until the epilogue.

catapede
Jul 1, 2018

Eatin' fish leaves
Gettin' strong
It's whoever your least favorite character is combined with your favorite.

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Today's page is just baffling.

Both the line "I want to help my friend" and the reaction to it are... bizarre. That's not what Annie was doing, she was confronting this girl when Shadow suddenly appeared out of nowhere. And instead of saying "why are you doing this" or whatever, she says this weird, ambiguous line about wanting to help a friend???

RocketMermaid
Mar 30, 2004

My pronouns are She/Heir.

Begemot posted:

Today's page is just baffling.

Both the line "I want to help my friend" and the reaction to it are... bizarre. That's not what Annie was doing, she was confronting this girl when Shadow suddenly appeared out of nowhere. And instead of saying "why are you doing this" or whatever, she says this weird, ambiguous line about wanting to help a friend???

The point is, Annie is being proactive and assertive about something, which means she needs to be punished for it.

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

catapede posted:

It's Boxbox!

Twenty Four
Dec 21, 2008

catapede posted:

Queue people posting a pair of boring characters and everyone trying to guess which one is supposed to be their least favorite and which one is their favorite, lol.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013

catapede posted:

Cityface with Lana.

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

maltesh posted:

It's Boxbox!

Nuh-uh, it's Ro...Bot

BoxBox is when they do the Fusion Dance

Riot Bus
Jan 8, 2020
It's Tony combined with Loup.

Honestly the idea of that gives me hives.

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

catapede posted:

Coyote/Ysengrin is already a character though

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

maltesh posted:

It's Boxbox!
Boxes bot. Boxbot + another boxbot

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Splicer posted:

Boxes bot. Boxbot + another boxbot

Cubebot? Hypercubebot?

... actually, Cube 2: Hypercube was a lovely movie, so let's go with Hypercubebot, a fitting name for a lovely character.

Bandolute
Apr 27, 2013

Riot Bus posted:

It's Tony combined with Loup.

Combine Tony with anyone and the Mindcage upgrades to the Bodycage. As a twoperson, he can never express himself naturally to anyone ever again. A fitting fate. Or, through some kind of stack overflow personality shenanigans, he becomes Normal Father

Rotten Red Rod
Mar 5, 2002

"Don't worry about her."

Why?

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now
I know the comic is extremely dedicated to the Friday cliffhanger but I really wish we could get more than a tiny scrap of any conversation at any given time, it makes everything feel so disjointed and weirdly paced.

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

"Don't worry about her."

Why?

I assume that via magical advance-the-plot powers, Annie has figured out who she is.

Arbetor
Mar 28, 2010

Gonna play tasty.

Rotten Red Rod posted:

"Don't worry about her."

Why?

Annie yelled at her, so she made a stupid face and started sliding backwards out of the room, thus neutralizing any threat she posed permanently.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Will any of this actually get explained? Will we just get a smash-cut to a week later, with Annie saying "And then she led us to Robot, and then we stopped Coyote and Jerrik from fighting and saved Zimmy" to Kat?

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

it's not worth complaining about this page tbh, it's just connective tissue.

Cavatica
Nov 2, 2010

Rotten Red Rod posted:

"Don't worry about her."

Why?

This line would be way more believable if today's update came right after this strip: https://www.gunnerkrigg.com/?p=2902.

Instead, we got a week's worth of strips stating exactly why we should worry about her, along with "foreshadowing" why she's a person of interest.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular

Youremother posted:

Starting to look like you're right. Groan.

Who was it who had the rant about heteronormativity in this strip? Not looking so silly after all.

e: I mean sure you could maybe look at it through the lens of a sort of male-coded character transitioning to female-presenting but we don't know how dumb this can get yet

usenet celeb 1992 fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Feb 23, 2024

DontMockMySmock
Aug 9, 2008

I got this title for the dumbest fucking possible take on sea shanties. Specifically, I derailed the meme thread because sailors in the 18th century weren't woke enough for me, and you shouldn't sing sea shanties. In fact, don't have any fun ever.

Who was it who had the rant about heteronormativity in this strip? Not looking so silly after all.

ChibiSoma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Youremother
Dec 26, 2011

MORT

It can't ACTUALLY be Robot can it