Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluemillion
Aug 18, 2008

I got your dispensers
right here

Failed Imagineer posted:

Only one month until Barron is 18, and can be mocked without anyone clutching their pearls and saying "think of the children you brutes!"

:chloe:

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

well, poo poo

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

So.

Had the "place your hands on the glowing orb of power" thing ever happened before or since Trump famously did it?

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

No lol

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

nine-gear crow posted:

The walls are closing in around him.

Maybe try scraping off some of the layers of ketchup?

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

Failed Imagineer posted:

Only one month until Barron is 18, and can be mocked without anyone clutching their pearls and saying "think of the children you brutes!"

hes a rich white boy, that age is at least 35 for them

e:that is, 35 would be the age where boyhood is graduated and some responsibility is maybe assumed

Renreeja fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Feb 21, 2024

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

Carth Dookie posted:

It'll be Tim Scott because he's a useful black guy and didn't fight him at all the way De Santis and Haley did.

He's a malleable stooge and doesn't have the same desparate/crazy stink about him most of the other contenders have.

I just can't see Trump picking a Black guy. I mean Trump is going to choose a Black guy, Mr '75 year history of rascism' Trump.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Failed Imagineer posted:

Counting down until someone is 18 is still loving weird, dude.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
If he does pick someone, think it might be just who he thinks might bring the most money to the campaign.

No idea who that could be. He probably has no idea who's good at fundraising, and the only one stupid enough to chip in a bunch of their own money on a vanity VP run there bond to lose is musk, but I can't see trump going that direction.

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

WhyteRyce posted:

So…Haley is now just positioning for 2028 and being able to say I told you so and that she was the one who didn’t bend the knee after Trump crashes and burns in 2024?

I think she and her backers hope that MAGA will crash and burn so hard that they will become irrelevant and then moderate democrats go over to the republicans or something something. It's just as unlikely as everything else is, but at least it's different

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.

Cat Hassler posted:

Jesus Christ I suffered through those bands in the 80s

Here’s something new that’s good for you

https://youtu.be/UnXHNtjo8SI?si=FjAhMatmvPcdmBIF

For relevant content the fat stupid idiot has to be fuming that Peek a boo is threatening coming after his properties

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47UplyBQK4Y

:hmmyes: :haw:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Anders posted:

I think she and her backers hope that MAGA will crash and burn so hard that they will become irrelevant and then moderate democrats go over to the republicans or something something. It's just as unlikely as everything else is, but at least it's different

Republicans are very good are pretending poo poo never happened. Just look at bush. MAGA basically disappearing after an embarrassing defeat that none of them want to talk about wouldn't be the strangest thing in the world. They'd still be far right conspiraciest, just you know trump wouldn't be mentioned as part of it.

A big part of MAGA is based off trump being seen as strong and successful. A bad loose and the right wing media will move on, with him as yesterdays news, and the MAGA folk will attach to someone else. I'd say month rather than years. No one uses truth social, most of it's through fox news and news max and all that. Once they move on MAGA will, as that's where the all get there news from.

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

Anders posted:

The Democrats become traditional neocons vs an insane fundamentalist suicide cult

Your choices everyone

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

Dead on Arrival posted:

Dave Mustaine is a birther rear end in a top hat that goes on Fox News and Info Wars. gently caress him...

God DAMMIT

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

credburn posted:

God DAMMIT

Dave has always been a conspiracy weirdo, look at the killer album art of peace sells and rust in peace

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

MrQwerty posted:

Dave has always been a conspiracy weirdo, look at the killer album art of peace sells and rust in peace

Yeah but like, there's fun conspiracy and there's lovely stupid conspiracy.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Failed Imagineer posted:

18 what? Meters?

dr_rat posted:

Republicans are very good are pretending poo poo never happened. Just look at bush. MAGA basically disappearing after an embarrassing defeat that none of them want to talk about wouldn't be the strangest thing in the world. They'd still be far right conspiraciest, just you know trump wouldn't be mentioned as part of it.

A big part of MAGA is based off trump being seen as strong and successful. A bad loose and the right wing media will move on, with him as yesterdays news, and the MAGA folk will attach to someone else. I'd say month rather than years. No one uses truth social, most of it's through fox news and news max and all that. Once they move on MAGA will, as that's where the all get there news from.

I don't think a possible Trump defeat would be the death knell for MAGA, but I don't know who they'd rally around; I could see a lot of people wanting to be the next Trump, but not having his bullying charisma or decades of celebrity. I can imagine the next wave of wannabe Trumps would be politicians rather than shoe salesmen, and being the latter seems crucial to Trumps cult. I'd also expect the Trump spawn would eat each other, which would be fine, and probably a bounty of lols.

Disco Pope fucked around with this message at 11:29 on Feb 21, 2024

Anders
Nov 8, 2004

I'd rather score...

... but I'll grind it good for you

Disco Pope posted:

18 what? Meters?

Don't be dumb

It's 18 ft

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

Disco Pope posted:

18 what? Meters?

I don't think a possible Trump defeat would be the death knell for MAGA, but I don't know who they'd rally around; I could see a lot of people wanting to be the next Trump, but not having his bullying charisma or decades of celebrity. I can imagine the next wave of wannabe Trumps would be politicians rather than shoe salesmen, and being the latter seems crucial to Trumps cult. I'd also expect the Trump spawn would eat each other, which would be fine, and probably a bounty of lols.

its like that in foreign countries, like "so and so is (insert country here)'s trump", but they are just fascist politicians, nobody has that essential trumpness

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Renreeja posted:

hes a rich white boy, that age is at least 35 for them

e:that is, 35 would be the age where boyhood is graduated and some responsibility is maybe assumed

I think it’s actually 40, as evidenced by people excusing dumb poo poo Don Jr. said, in 2017 between election and inauguration, by arguing “well he’s just a kid, he’s not experienced enough to know XYZ yet”…when he was, in fact, 39 years old and just 10 days younger than the newly elected President of France.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Apollodorus posted:

I think it’s actually 40, as evidenced by people excusing dumb poo poo Don Jr. said, in 2017 between election and inauguration, by arguing “well he’s just a kid, he’s not experienced enough to know XYZ yet”…when he was, in fact, 39 years old and just 10 days younger than the newly elected President of France.

But to be fair he is a massive loving idiot.

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Goons need to pool their cash and buy Infowars in this liquidation.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

dr_rat posted:

But to be fair he is a massive loving idiot.

No you see he’s not an idiot he’s just not experienced yet. Give him another 30 years and he’ll be ready for your criticisms, but until then go easy on the kid.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Apollodorus posted:

No you see he’s not an idiot he’s just not experienced yet. Give him another 30 years and he’ll be ready for your criticisms, but until then go easy on the kid.

But in thirty years the MAGA crowd will of long taken control of the world and criticizing the holy trump spawn will be punishable by death. :(

Can't we just get it out of our system now???

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
You cruel bastard taunting a mere child like that. Why don’t you make fun of my 3yo daughter while you’re at it? Goons sicken me. :v:

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://twitter.com/Blake_Allen13/status/1760103047118639377 Yeah, gop losing donors.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Renreeja posted:

its like that in foreign countries, like "so and so is (insert country here)'s trump", but they are just fascist politicians, nobody has that essential trumpness

That Argentinian Wolverine guy maybe has it a little.

Do I remember correctly that The Rock was considering running in the future as a Republican candidate? I welcome a future where the ticket is entirely pro-wrestlers and steel chairs make more debate appearances.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Apollodorus posted:

You cruel bastard taunting a mere child like that. Why don’t you make fun of my 3yo daughter while you’re at it? Goons sicken me. :v:

Fine, you're daughters a total loser as she'll never grow up to be an idiot, fake billionaire, ex late night stake sales person, orange skinned, bigot!!!

You happy now???

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

And even the wealthy donors they retain cannot possibly donate enough to make up for 'Mr. Daddy Warbucks Trump's Legal Slush Fund'.

Mindless
Dec 7, 2001

WANTED: INFO on Mindless. Anything! Everything! Send to
Pillbug
You rock, Nitekrüe

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

Lol unironic won't someone think of the children in the wild, that's like double bonus points

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!
Did Trump ever respond in any way to Gremlins 2? I know Clamp was kind of an amalgamation of a couple of people, but Trump was definitely in there and I like the idea of him being big mad at Gremlins 2.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
So when it says "transferred from authorized committees", does that mean from PAC's, as $84.4 of $88.4 million of this elections GOP contributions have come from them apparently.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Disco Pope posted:

Did Trump ever respond in any way to Gremlins 2? I know Clamp was kind of an amalgamation of a couple of people, but Trump was definitely in there and I like the idea of him being big mad at Gremlins 2.

Pretty sure broad comedies like Gremlins 2 are too subtle for trump. If he saw it he'd have no idea he was being mad fun of, or clamp was meant to be in anyway a mockable figure.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

redshirt posted:

This is like some comedy horror movie from the 1980's.

2024 America....TRUMP

Modern America is just The Dead Zone with slide whistles and fart noises

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Random Stranger posted:

Goons need to pool their cash and buy Infowars in this liquidation.

goon projects always work out

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

Trump's path to winning seems very narrow. Objectively. But 2016 has scarred me so I'll always be in doubt.

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

redshirt posted:

Trump's path to winning seems very narrow. Objectively. But 2016 has scarred me so I'll always be in doubt.

2020 was ridiculously close considering the previous 4 years, lol.

It's rad that nearly half of Americans are dumber than whale poo poo, insanely racist/misogynistic or a fun combination.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redshirt
Aug 11, 2007

SilvergunSuperman posted:

2020 was insanely close considering the previous 4 years, lol.

It's rad that nearly half of Americans are dumber than whale poo poo, insanely racist/misogynistic or a fun combination.

Indeed, far closer than you'd think. But, Trump was the incumbent and was certainly using as much of the government as his cronies could figure out to support his re-election. He doesn't have that now, the country is in a far better place, battleground states are in a far stronger place for Dems, fundraising, Trump's crimes, etc.....

It will be closer than it should, but I'd expect much less close than 2020.