Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
used to love playing carry silencer with mask of madness for ULTRA SPEED frolf disc theow

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
won the carry Pangolier game tonight but lost the carry Omniknight game. dota is a land of contrasts

Miss Lonelyhearts
Mar 22, 2003

Bracer, boots, midas is my DK build. Then finish treads, mageslayer, manta, scepter, bkb, or whatever you like.

There was a time I'd never skip blink but here we are.

Ojetor
Aug 4, 2010

Return of the Sensei

scott zoloft posted:

Big fan of picking up a casual windlace for your lower movespeed ranged carries. Sniper, viper, silencer

I pretty much buy casual windlace on every hero, gotta go fast

Maybe I'll skip it on like... Antimage or QoP. Maybe.

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Two strong save supports and a fed guy is a nightmare scenario in lower ranks, assuming they're all decent players. I mean yeah, their team will also have bad coordination and he'll probably die a few times but it's real easy to come out ahead more often than not.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
I played with a support 4 terrorblade last night and dude was making the most insane saves standing just out of range with life swap and counter initiating and we all had a gas

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Man just has a miserable Void game against a Bristleback. Laning was hard, but I caught up. Meanwhile everytime I'd get him in a chrono my sniper would unload on him and kill me. Dude I got his two supports lets pick them off and then work the BB, but no, just just MoMed and turned BB into a machine gun. Finally when we were mega'ed at 60 minutes he picked up a silver edge, and killed him a bunch but it was too late.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
To post something good, I just came out of a hysterical support NP game, laning with an Ursa against a CM and Jugg. I sprouted the Jugg and Ursa jump in the trees with Earthshock and killed him. We followed him all over the map and killed him like ten times until he eventually abandonded.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
had a game last night where there someone picked nyx and I would dust randomly out of paranoia. got him a surprising amount! felt bad for them.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
My last game i insta picked enigma as pos 5, and my offlane insta picked dawn. The enemy mid responded by picking silencer and going 0-16. I think he cancelled one black hole all game and one dawn ulti.

Dawn also raged in team chat because i queued up a vlads after my arcane boots. Hadn't even bought the item and he was chastising me.

Haven't played a game in 7.35c yet. Mage slayer and Shiva's nerfs on top of hero nerfs mean I gotta change up my hero pool.

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
Random dusts got a lot stronger ever since they changed it to be a lingering reveal aoe

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Geight posted:

Random dusts got a lot stronger ever since they changed it to be a lingering reveal aoe

Woah how did I not realize this?

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
next hero on my all hero challenge: Meepo

i think my strat is going it to be go offlane and hope someone else carries. I'll make space with a blink dagger

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

RealityWarCriminal posted:

i think my strat is going it to be go offlane and hope someone else carries. I'll make space with a blink dagger

they nerfed disperser specifically for meepo so rip not doing that challenge 3 days ago

Mr.Acula
May 10, 2009

Billions and billions of fat clouds

Nichael posted:

Woah how did I not realize this?

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Who actually wants Vlads now? They took half the aura benefit away and gave it to the person carrying it instead this feels uneconomical for supports and a core probably wouldn't want to waste a slot on it.

Eldred
Feb 19, 2004
Weight gain is impossible.

TOOT BOOT posted:

Who actually wants Vlads now? They took half the aura benefit away and gave it to the person carrying it instead this feels uneconomical for supports and a core probably wouldn't want to waste a slot on it.

Tide? Shiva’s got nerfed and his whole thing is carrying auras. Probably other aura 3s could work, though I can’t really think of any more of those that still exist aside from Enigma.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Does Martyr's Plate's active ability work when a hero is invulnerable (not banished), like Visage when Stone Formed, or Meepo when using his little hole ability? That is assuming you activate it prior to invulnerability.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
I had a pretty nasty losing streak in ranked, so I'm going unranked for a few days just to get my bearings back. I've been spamming Bounty Hunter, and I tried that khanda/rapier meme build. Turns out when you buy a rapier if you don't have a slot for it it goes on the ground instead of your backpack. Whoops!

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
I lost 11 straight, with 5 wins before that and like 7 losses before that. Dropped from legend 1 to archon 1 lol.

I got tired of playing the same heroes over and over and suffered losses from trying new heroes I guess. Played marci for the first time ever, popped off in my first game, and been chasing that dragon since lol.

Im taking a break.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Lina is an rear end in a top hat of a hero. Why the hell does dragon slave have a DoT?

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Lina is an rear end in a top hat of a hero. Why the hell does dragon slave have a DoT?

because her gimmick is being a pure nuker but they've decided that you can't have an ability that is just nuke damage anymore, but they also can't give her another disable, so now dragon slave's damage now includes a pointless DOT component

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

RealityWarCriminal posted:

very easy to dominate and win as meepo. just dont be afraid of the hero. hes not that hard to play.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Timbwrsaw rules. Any tips

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Nfcknblvbl posted:

because it doesn't have enough damage to kill a ranged creep without it

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

Plank Walker posted:

because it doesn't have enough damage to kill a ranged creep without it

and forcing her to right click the ranged creep first and then nuke it is asking too much

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

flashman posted:

Timbwrsaw rules. Any tips

Don’t get lulled into leveling reactive armor, 2 levels max. His aghs is not that great, situational at best. Blink dagger is good on him since you can start your chakram right away. You can do some nifty stuff by planting tango trees and timber-chaining to them.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

max reactive armour first, buy vanguard and blade mail and then cut the lane and go AFK

when you come back you will either have been killed and rendered irrelevant, which would have happened anyway, or you will be ten levels up on the other team and able to just walk over and win

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011
https://gyazo.com/6a22a54d3a52bfaba254fbf1da317ddb

Doesn't include my most recent game, another loss, where I went 16/8/25 as hoodwink and all my cores went 6/13/8 or similar

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Don’t get lulled into leveling reactive armor, 2 levels max. His aghs is not that great, situational at best. Blink dagger is good on him since you can start your chakram right away. You can do some nifty stuff by planting tango trees and timber-chaining to them.

Word. I've been taking q e q w q r but alot of the guides want me to take more reactive armor.

Item wise I pretty much always been targeting a shivas and kaya item w blink. Depending on the game shroud or lotus.. Shard seems.... Just ok but maybe not doing it right. Any room for a bloodstone? Aoe for q and leech on chakrams seem potent but maybe not

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Bloodstone? Nah. If you want some magic life steal, get a Dagon!

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005
eternal shroud is probably still good on timbersaw, if you're going max reactive and planning on sitting on a lane being unkillable from minutes 5-20

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
Eternal shroud is such a good item. Pretty much the new heart

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Just came out of a game where we slapped, 35-9 GG in 20 min. There was a mid Timber on our Team, Herald I, went 19-0, got two rampages, called the entire game. I said in chat that he was a clearly a smurf, and he's like "no, what you mean smurf, I just play on my girlfriends account sometimes."

kk thanks dude.

flashman
Dec 16, 2003

Nfcknblvbl posted:

Bloodstone? Nah. If you want some magic life steal, get a Dagon!

Actually not the worst idea.. I thought maybe aoe on q was strong

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

Americans in lower rank tiers absolutely cannot play Slardar at all. Americans tend to not be very good at certain heroes a lot of the time but like 90% of the time with a Slardar you're going to have someone that thinks they're good to start running at people nonstop with 1 item. This catches up to them very quickly and soon you've got someone with 6-7k networth at 15min trying to frontline and they're basically running directly into a woodchipper. You expect people that pick Lina/TA mid to be bad but Slardar is actually a decent hero if you're not insanely impatient to start fighting.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

TOOT BOOT posted:

Americans in lower rank tiers absolutely cannot play Slardar at all. Americans tend to not be very good at certain heroes a lot of the time but like 90% of the time with a Slardar you're going to have someone that thinks they're good to start running at people nonstop with 1 item. This catches up to them very quickly and soon you've got someone with 6-7k networth at 15min trying to frontline and they're basically running directly into a woodchipper. You expect people that pick Lina/TA mid to be bad but Slardar is actually a decent hero if you're not insanely impatient to start fighting.

I love when the enemy gets a Slardar and I first item Ghost Scepter and they blink in just stand there staring at me.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat
Man I had an incredible Hoodwink P4 game today that went 70 minutes. Enemy had LC and Antimage, I got a butterfly and LC just kept trying duel me an losing. I'm figuring out how to play her where you are just absolutely everywhere and causing havok. They had an NP that kept sprouting me and I'd just scurry out and he kept all-chatting about it. Wild times they were.

Copper For Lyfe
Jun 1, 2011

Super-NintendoUser posted:

Man I had an incredible Hoodwink P4 game today that went 70 minutes. Enemy had LC and Antimage, I got a butterfly and LC just kept trying duel me an losing. I'm figuring out how to play her where you are just absolutely everywhere and causing havok. They had an NP that kept sprouting me and I'd just scurry out and he kept all-chatting about it. Wild times they were.

I'm curious what other items you had on hood for you to end up with a butterfly as a pos 4.

If I'm balling out on hood and want physical damage I'm going deso and crit. Or I'm going magical damage with gleipnier, mageslayer shard and an eblade.

Usually will pick up glimmer and a force staff before I'm getting all that besides the maelstrom.

Acorn shots your damage dealer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

Copper For Lyfe posted:

I'm curious what other items you had on hood for you to end up with a butterfly as a pos 4.

If I'm balling out on hood and want physical damage I'm going deso and crit. Or I'm going magical damage with gleipnier, mageslayer shard and an eblade.

Usually will pick up glimmer and a force staff before I'm getting all that besides the maelstrom.

Acorn shots your damage dealer.

I'll look it up. But I for sure started with Gleipner for the catch, but then my team was really lacking damage so I went Deso and Daedalus. Eventually I had to split push since we were lagging behind and I wanted to delay the game. LC and AM were hunting me all over the map so I went Butterfly for the evasion so even if they found me and got a duel off they couldn't kill me. We had a carry Sniper that was feeding like a madman so I went Satanic last so I could man (squirrel) up and initiate while sniper picked them off from safety.

We had no one that could go in so I had to do it. At low MMR no one thinks about roles and they just do whatever so I found that it's best if I itemize carefully I can drag my team ahead. I've only been playing Dota for about a month, so I'm not the best but it worked well, and by the end of the game I had ~50 duel damage and a bunch of rage all chat from LC was just :chefkiss: