Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

BabyRyoga posted:

It doesn't take much effort for them to add a GBA rom to the online store. But localizing that ROM would be kinda... weird.

They've done it before. It'd take a bit more effort than, say, Magical Drop II's localisation, but there does very much exist a complete localisation of the game that they could pay to use if they don't feel like doing it in-house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Man. The original battlefront games loving rule, hope this rerelease isn’t too expensive. Wonder if it’ll have online multi

they said up to 64 players, so i'd assume so

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug
I wonder if those rare games getting released on Nintendo online means there's no hope for Rare Replay (if there ever was hope)

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
https://twitter.com/gosokkyu/status/1760305193349218800

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I wonder if those rare games getting released on Nintendo online means there's no hope for Rare Replay (if there ever was hope)
A chunk of Rare Replay relied on the Xbone's backwards-compatibility system to play the Xbox 360 games and ports, so it wasn't ever hugely likely since it'd require a human to brave the Perfect Dark Zero codebase again.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

Larryb posted:

Did the direct go live yet? What’s been announced so far?
They dropped the whole video at once.

Grounded
Ender Magnolia: Bloom in the Mist
Arranger: A Role-Puzzling Adventure
Unicorn Overlord
Monster Hunter Stories (port of 1)
Disney Epic Mickey: Rebrushed
Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance
Star Wars: Battlefront Classic Collection
South Park: Snow Day!
Sword Art Online Fractured Daydream
Gundam Breaker 4
Super Monkey Ball Banana Rumble
World of Goo 2
Fantasy Life i: The Girl Who Steals Time
Another Crab's Treasure
Penny's Big Breakaway
Suika Game Multi-Player Mode DLC
Pepper Grinder
Pocket Card Jockey: Ride On!
Snufkin: Melody of Moominvalley
Tales of Kenzera: ZAU
Demon Slayer -Kimetsu no Yaiba- Sweep the Board!
Kingdom Come Deliverance - Royal Edition
Contra: Operation Galuga
Pentiment
NSO Online Rare games (R.C. Pro-AM, Snake Rattle N Roll for NES, Battletoads in Battlemaniacs, Killer Instinct for SNES, Blast Corps for N64)
Endless Ocean Luminous

Edit: beaten twice over lol

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
What's the big Japanese game, Mother 3?

Ravus Ursus
Mar 30, 2017

Gundam breaker 4 outta loving nowhere.

Hopefully the number means they learned and it's not that new Gundam breaker trash.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Ah, I was hoping they’d announce a release date for the Sonic Generations remake as well

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Other than the Rare games, this was a big sloppy wet fart.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
loving nuts direct. ain't no way i;m playing SMTVV on the switch tho lol

I've never played the Endless Ocean games, but i'm happy for the fans to finally get a third one. Love seeing these deep cuts for the final year of the switch; another code has been great

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

WHY BONER NOW posted:

I have a morbid curiosity to see how Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts would run on the Switch because that game ran like poo poo on an Xbox 360 and isn't the most stable game on an Xbox One.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I'm surprised there was no Dragon Quest 3 HD or Monsters 3P announcement. I guess they are saving those for the absolute last minute before the Switch 2 drops to sell some Switch consoles at 11:59.

Tall Tale Teller
May 20, 2003
Grave? Shovel! Let's go.

I eternally am holding out hope for a Final Fantasy Tactics remake.

Frowny face.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

So I'm a bit behind because I was in a meeting this morning, BUT HOLY poo poo A NEW ENDLESS OCEAN GAME!! I NEVER thought we would get another one.

Also, I just bought Pocket Card Jockey because I played the poo poo outta that on my old 3DS.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
Wait.

Wait wait.

Are people just doing a bit when they're upset at games being added to NSO and they say they're just going to have to add them all over again on the next system? They're not actually thinking that's what's going to happen right I thought everyone agreed the service was just going to continue onto the next Switch.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Endless Ocean 3 is incredibly based

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

So what's the deal with SMTV Vengeance? Is it like SMT4 Apocalypse where it's a side story, or is it an expansion to SMTV?

Otherwise gently caress yeah HYPE to have both Monster Hunter Stories games on Switch. And release date for Fantasy Life, game laser targeted at me. gently caress YEAH. :stoked:

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

I wonder how well Pocket Card Jockey will play without a stylus.

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
Not even a Fate stay/night date in a montage? Do better Doug Bowser.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Silver Falcon posted:

So what's the deal with SMTV Vengeance? Is it like SMT4 Apocalypse where it's a side story, or is it an expansion to SMTV?

Otherwise gently caress yeah HYPE to have both Monster Hunter Stories games on Switch. And release date for Fantasy Life, game laser targeted at me. gently caress YEAH. :stoked:

It's an expansion+port to other platforms.

quote:

Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance: Forge your path through a post-apocalyptic world in this definitive version of Shin Megami Tensei V. Two complete story paths await, including a brand-new storyline with new locations and demons, and where your choices will determine the fate of all existence. Navigate conflicting and tragic moral decisions and confront a dramatic tale of revenge or explore the original Shin Megami Tensei V saga. Which path will you choose? Shin Megami Tensei V: Vengeance launches on Nintendo Switch June 21.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Pinterest Mom posted:

It's an expansion+port to other platforms.

Aha. So... if I have SMTV already do I gotta shell out for the whole-rear end game again, or will Vengeance be available by itself? Or have they not said anything about that?

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

Blast Corp and Killer Instinct hell yeah :dukedog:

Oh and I guess some other games are coming out, too.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Meowywitch posted:

Endless Ocean 3 is incredibly based

Multiplayer and possible procgen have me wary, Endless Ocean is very much a vibes based game and that is not the vibe I come to it for. Hopefully that stuff is mostly ignorable. Ideally it's not actually procgen at all and "every dive is different" is just their way of saying that all these different biomes are somehow contained within the same locale instead of having you globetrotting like the previous game.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Silver Falcon posted:

Aha. So... if I have SMTV already do I gotta shell out for the whole-rear end game again, or will Vengeance be available by itself? Or have they not said anything about that?

its almost certainly a rerelease, Atlus does this sometimes like P4 Golden/P5 Royal.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro

Silver Falcon posted:

Its Atlus what do you think

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time
Meanwhile, on the JP Direct (things that weren’t in the NA direct or otherwise announced before):

New Denpamen, free to play
Fit Boxing feat. Hatsune Miku
Ikki but it’s Vampire Survivors
Guitar Life, a guitar tutor thing with a big peripheral
Reynatis, some sorta character action thing
Hokkaido Serial Murders remake
Library of Ruina port
El Shaddai HD remaster
Yet Another Power Pros baseball game
Mother 3 on NSO (lol)

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Silver Falcon posted:

SMTVV is a whole new purchase. In it, there's a new route that they say changes dramatically from the middle of the game with a completely different ending. When you start SMTVV you have the option to play the original route or the new story.

If you played SMTV on the switch and buy SMTVV on the same system you can import 3 demons from your save file.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

hatty posted:

Its Atlus what do you think

Great. Thanks. I hate it. Sure as gently caress not paying full price for that if I already have most of the game.

I will continue to be excited for Monster Hunter Stories and Fantasy Life, however.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
is the Portopia Serial Murder Case remake that one with the really terrible AI chatbot/LLM interface

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
I wonder if they're going to 'fix' anything from MonHun Stories. The second one introduced a bunch of QoL stuff that the first sorely lacked. I just remember getting a little frustrated while playing the first.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Silver Falcon posted:

Great. Thanks. I hate it. Sure as gently caress not paying full price for that if I already have most of the game.

I will continue to be excited for Monster Hunter Stories and Fantasy Life, however.

It's even worse if you consider this version, not locked to the switch, will run significantly better barring a total fuckup on Atlus' end.

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.

glassyalabolas posted:

I wonder how well Pocket Card Jockey will play without a stylus.

When it came out on iOS I was super excited but fell off pretty quick.. Though I'm not sure if it was the lack of stylus, or just having put in so many hours on the 3DS.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Feels Villeneuve posted:

is the Portopia Serial Murder Case remake that one with the really terrible AI chatbot/LLM interface

Nah this one’s the sequel to Portopia, not sure if it’s got the LLM thing going on but since it’s on the Switch I’d guess not.

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

The Kins posted:

A chunk of Rare Replay relied on the Xbone's backwards-compatibility system to play the Xbox 360 games and ports, so it wasn't ever hugely likely since it'd require a human to brave the Perfect Dark Zero codebase again.

Ah, I didn't know that. Well, we got battlemaniacs so I'm happy, I guess

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

Silver Falcon posted:

Is there any chance your save file would be compatible with the new version? If so maybe you could sell the original to offset the price of the new one.

Unless...oh no! You didn't buy digitally, did you :ohdear:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Tempura Wizard posted:

Nah this one’s the sequel to Portopia, not sure if it’s got the LLM thing going on but since it’s on the Switch I’d guess not.

apparently it isnt

that remake was funny because it was free, and theoretically a LLM/chatbot thing isn't like, the shittiest idea for a text parser game but it had better be extremely reliable

also that it was the first english remake of, one of the most influential games ever made, and they did it that way

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

https://x.com/hobonichimother/status/1760318031492956164?s=20

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
LOL Mother 3.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Item Getter
Dec 14, 2015

Silver Falcon posted:

For what it's worth, they did say that the new route has 80 hours of content.