Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Miquella as a kid running around the arena going "C'mon, I'm just a little guy, you wouldn't hit me. I'm just a little birthday boy" while summoning ashes of previous bosses.

... nothing is more terrifying

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Fromsoft loves time travel. Which is weird because we only seem to travel between equally hosed up .moments in history.

codo27
Apr 21, 2008

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

SHISHKABOB posted:

I just noticed in that video that the miquella egg is sitting on what looks like a big vertebra.

It's a pelvis actually.

Pigbuster posted:

I mean... it's Miquella, probably

For some reason I assumed Miquella was blond and Malenia was a redhead, to parallel Marika and Radagon.

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
I'm probably wrong but the dlc description makes it sound like Miquella left his physical body and somehow travelled to land of Shadow and that's the reason Mohg couldn't wake him up

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
I like the blue worm guy

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Annath posted:

It's a pelvis actually.

For some reason I assumed Miquella was blond and Malenia was a redhead, to parallel Marika and Radagon.

you probably just thought that because miquella is blonde and malenia was a redhead

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
To me that phrasing kind of suggests more like an alternate dimension. Because if marika went there first, and then later miquella went there, and we are going there now, it's probably a place that has existed the whole history of elden ring as well, doing whatever. You know, like a shadow follows you around as you live.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Annath posted:

He has been blonde in all the previously depictions (the Elden Ring opening, the DLC teaser art)

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Realm of shadow is probably what they had for dead people before the Erdtree was there to be buried in.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

skasion posted:

I like the blue worm guy

I thought it was nice that it shows him spitting us out instead of eating us. A little gesture of kindness from the devs.

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice

Grey Cat posted:

dex int can be stupid broken thanks to a little thing called twinblades.

What's a good DEX-INT build that takes advantage of twin blades? A cold focused build that procs frostbite quickly? Any specific twin blade to use?

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

I thought Miquella's whole thing was rejecting lords/outside influences.

E: I actually hope Miquella isn't a villain, I liked his story and was hoping he'd be a positive figure in the lore :(

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

No Dignity posted:

He has been blonde in all the previously depictions (the Elden Ring opening, the DLC teaser art)

also in the trailer

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Pumped for Aspect of the Crucible: Wings
Also Aspect of the Crucible: Spines

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum
You wake up and the whole original game was a dream and none of it mattered. Newhart style.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
I hope they put the base game on sale soon so I can pick it up on steam and start a playthrough

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Annath posted:

E: I actually hope Miquella isn't a villain, I liked his story and was hoping he'd be a positive figure in the lore :(

I think it’s us.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Really glad I parked an NG character at endgame without Radagon down on the off-chance that there's a new ending

OGS-Remix
Sep 4, 2007

Totally surviving on my own. On LAND!

Annath posted:

GRRM can definitely write blond kids as a trusted and respected figure of authority.

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

This is making me remember how convoluted the way to access the DS1 dlc was. Did people figure that out on their own?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

OGS-Remix posted:

GRRM can definitely write blond kids as a trusted and respected figure of authority.
It would be funny if they could get Jack Gleeson as VA.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

One of these days Gideon, bang zoom right in the kissah!

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Aurubin posted:

This is making me remember how convoluted the way to access the DS1 dlc was. Did people figure that out on their own?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxfKMpXIW7k

This guy actually just made a video about it. He says apparently there were official guides for getting to it from the get-go pretty much. Which makes sense bc like... ofc the devs want people to play their poo poo.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty
In my (theory's) defense, GRRM didn't write any of the characters or plot - he only developed the setting in general.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

verbal enema posted:

Why does the EU store have a ranni doll but not the US store

I can't even open the stores.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Annath posted:

In my (theory's) defense, GRRM didn't write any of the characters or plot - he only developed the setting in general.

Pretty sure he came up with the major historical figures pre-shattering.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Clever Betty

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Pretty sure he came up with the major historical figures pre-shattering.

Really? I thought I remembered someone explicitly saying he didn't write anything that is in-game, only developing the themes/characteristics of the setting.

Ayudo
Mar 30, 2006

SHISHKABOB posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AxfKMpXIW7k

This guy actually just made a video about it. He says apparently there were official guides for getting to it from the get-go pretty much. Which makes sense bc like... ofc the devs want people to play their poo poo.

Getting to the Hunter's Nightmare in Bloodbourne was similarly convoluted. Beat a boss, get an item, and then get picked up by an invisible enemy that previously just killed you.

We'll probably have to touch the egg and then go running off the cliff behind it to access the DLC or something similarly convoluted.

Konar
Dec 14, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Looks like over done anime poo poo where they need to top the cool stuff they had in the first season, and you end up with this out of place looking weird poo poo

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

https://www.eldenring.jp/shadowoftheerdtree.html

Japanese website has some more blurbs

quote:

マリカが神となり、黄金樹が生まれた地。

“The place where Marika became a god, and the Golden Tree (=Erdtree) was born”

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Konar posted:

Looks like over done anime poo poo where they need to top the cool stuff they had in the first season, and you end up with this out of place looking weird poo poo

shaddup

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

June 21 = 6/21

621 is the callsign of the protagonist in Armored Core 6. The ER DLC release date has been in front of us this whole drat time

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Annath posted:

Really? I thought I remembered someone explicitly saying he didn't write anything that is in-game, only developing the themes/characteristics of the setting.
I was watching a video yesterday which had a clip of GRRM being interviewed by [Colbert?] where he says he was hired to write 'what happened 2,000 5,000 years before the events of the game and how the world got like this.' I'll see if I can find it.

E: Talks about it in the first half of this interview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xHzJG1hHTdU

This is the video I was referring to though @4:22

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtD_fU_XN3g

5,000 years before, and specifically the events 'that screwed up the world.'

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Feb 21, 2024

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
In famitsu interview Miyazaki confirms the dlc does not take place in past or far future so it's directly related to the main plot.

Darth Nat
Aug 24, 2007

It all comes out right in the end.

Big Bizness posted:

June 21 = 6/21

621 is the callsign of the protagonist in Armored Core 6. The ER DLC release date has been in front of us this whole drat time

Time to get to work, 6/21.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

WaltherFeng posted:

In famitsu interview Miyazaki confirms the dlc does not take place in past or far future so it's directly related to the main plot.

Link?

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Elden Ring: Shadowbringers

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

No that's the guy from the zelda games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Bobby Deluxe posted:

No that's the guy from the zelda games.

Would you say it’s a link to the past? :D

Anyway I found it

https://s.famitsu.com/news/202402/22335199.html