Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Obfuscation
Jan 1, 2008
Good luck to you, I know you believe in hell

Eimi posted:

If you don't have the ER% to burst every rotation it's ahead. And if you don't run her in a dendro team.

Okay now I'm even more confused. I guess I need to gently caress around with the optimizer one day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
Yae is one of the best use-cases for optimizer because she has like three slightly different builds depending on what team she's in and how good the overall quality of your artifacts are and her best set is often a 2 + 2 hybrid between like 5 different types of 2pc bonus.

Personally I just have her on 2 + 2 ATK % + EM build with good crit substats that I checked against my other artifacts once and can't be bothered to revisit. It works pretty well. :effort:

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Feb 20, 2024

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe
Hello, it is I, the C6 yae miko lover.

Even at lower cons, the secret to building her is to ignore her burst and build EM. Golden Troupe is great but I'm still rocking double 2pAtk sets because my artifact luck is garbage.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
I've tried 2+2 pieces for Yae Miko (C5, a long time Yae enjoyer), 4 piece gilded dreams and a good 4 piece golden troupe. All work. My preferred option is the 4-piece gilded dreams with nice substats and a dendro team member. Or put Yae Miko in an overload team with Chevreuse.

Also echoing the above yes EM is very, very important for Yae Miko. She's all about that sweet reaction damage and her enlightened blessing talent means you get fantastic returns for EM over anything else.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
It's good but she still only wants about 300EM in aggravate comps. EM in aggravate has diminishing returns after a point (the real kind, you get less damage per point of EM investment the more you have).

Worth mentioning that to really make yae perform like the spreadsheets you need to take advantage of her normals when you can squeeze them in because normal ICD is distinct from E ICD.

Space Opera
Jun 5, 2011

That rabbit's got a vicious streak a mile wide! It's a killer!

Huh the Cliffhanger daily in Liyue now let's you claim all 3 story notes, instead of RNG for which two of the 3 you'd get. The daily achievement overhaul might have been long overdue but at least they did a decent job "fixing" it.

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

God knows what lives in me in place of me.
Grimey Drawer
Y’all I just got Xiao!! :sparkles: And I only had to spend 20 wishes (starting at 24 pity)!

I pre-farmed for him and now he’s Level 80, talents at 7/6/8, with R2 Lvl 80 Deathmatch, 4-pc level 20 Vermillion Hereafter, but his Anemo damage goblet is only a lvl 16 purple quality from The Exile.

Are these stats okay? (I know I’ve got to improve his anemo dmg)

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
gotta fix your crit stats, crit chance above 100 does nothing and ideally you want them in a 1:2 ratio. carries should aim for 75% / 150% if possible; this typically requires a crit weapon in addition to a circlet and good substats, and should not take priority over enough ER % but (for most DPS characters) should come before anything besides that

e: going by KQM's recently updated guide Xiao wants about 120-140% ER (although this probably assumes a team with 3 anemo and possibly Favonius procs as well)

Tuxedo Catfish fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Feb 21, 2024

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Yeah by the looks of it you have a crit rate hat which I’d change to a a CDMG hat and Xiao needs a hefty amount of ER because he’s nothing without his burst. And focus on getting a good Anemo cup. Also, if you have her, Faruzan is a must-have as a battery, especially if she’s C6.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I massively dithered over whether or not I'd get her, or Xianyun, or Chiori, but I had already prefarmed her AND I got a good relic set available so I decided to go for it. Weapon banner never punishes me so I made out like a bandit, not losing on that banner.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I like Yae cause she's tall and a fox girl

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

gotta fix your crit stats, crit chance above 100 does nothing and ideally you want them in a 1:2 ratio. carries should aim for 75% / 150% if possible; this typically requires a crit weapon in addition to a circlet and good substats, and should not take priority over enough ER % but (for most DPS characters) should come before anything besides that

e: going by KQM's recently updated guide Xiao wants about 120-140% ER (although this probably assumes a team with 3 anemo and possibly Favonius procs as well)
Thanks, will do! Ooh, his ER is so close, too!

Stare-Out posted:

Yeah by the looks of it you have a crit rate hat which I’d change to a a CDMG hat and Xiao needs a hefty amount of ER because he’s nothing without his burst. And focus on getting a good Anemo cup. Also, if you have her, Faruzan is a must-have as a battery, especially if she’s C6.

Yes, that’s right — crit rate hat and his weapon gives him 33.5% crit rate, too. Welp, now I know what I’ll be focusing on for the foreseeable future.

That, and I’ve put him on a team with Faruzan (C1, lvl 60), Furina (C0, lvl 70), and Layla (C1, lvl 50), all of whom are half-assedly to okayishly built, so I gotta work on them, too.

Would swapping out Layla for Heizou, creating a 3-anemo + Furina team, work well, too? Or Lynette (C1)?

…And since I had a lot of wishes saved, I just went and got Xiao’s C1! (And also got a new C0 Ningguang, plus brought up Noelle from C1 to 2 and Yaoyao from C1 to 6). Stopping here and saving the remaining 130+ wishes for Neuvillette’s C1.

LOL I’m in such a good mood now! :parrot:

Note Block
May 14, 2007

nothing could fit so perfectly inside

Fun Shoe

Eimi posted:

I massively dithered over whether or not I'd get her, or Xianyun, or Chiori, but I had already prefarmed her AND I got a good relic set available so I decided to go for it. Weapon banner never punishes me so I made out like a bandit, not losing on that banner.

I very much like Birbmom but Yae Miko is absolutely slept on. I have every character in the game, over half of them are c6, and Yae is just wild comparatively in the right teams with the right build focus, even at the lower cons. She's a luxury choice but she's the upmost luxury in the game after Zhongli and Kazuha.

DancingShade posted:

I've tried 2+2 pieces for Yae Miko (C5, a long time Yae enjoyer), 4 piece gilded dreams and a good 4 piece golden troupe. All work. My preferred option is the 4-piece gilded dreams with nice substats and a dendro team member. Or put Yae Miko in an overload team with Chevreuse.

Also echoing the above yes EM is very, very important for Yae Miko. She's all about that sweet reaction damage and her enlightened blessing talent means you get fantastic returns for EM over anything else.

Now's the time to put that c6 ring on her mischievous little editor fingers once and for all, fellow enjoyer.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Eimi posted:

Congratulations for going into these extremely cursed banners and winning. I do not think I have your courage.

Also I have this sneaking suspicion that somehow this Yae banner is pre-Clorinde bait. She's either gonna be a Yae or a Keqing, I mean what else could she be?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Nakar posted:

Congratulations for going into these extremely cursed banners and winning. I do not think I have your courage.

Also I have this sneaking suspicion that somehow this Yae banner is pre-Clorinde bait. She's either gonna be a Yae or a Keqing, I mean what else could she be?

I'm playing both sides, that way I always come out on top. Oh no Clorinde is off field and fits in her wife's team? I'm so sad I have no dendro units to pair Yae with that'd be terrible

If she's Keqing 2 well she's incredibly hot so I will happily enjoy on fielding her even if she directly competes against my girl. But somehow I think I'll survive.

MoonCrab
Nov 19, 2014

A mildly pertubed emoji face
Summoning the power of the malignant spirits haunting my genshin pulls...!!

Xiao is a short girl that I'm not interested in pulling, Xiao is a short girl that I'm not interested in pulling, Xiao is a short girl that I'm not interested in pulling...

Edit: Eh, no good. I've been less down on burst transformation DPS when I realized pretty much all the teams I run have at least 2 R5 Favs, and he seemed to be decent enough nowadays :shrug:

Oh well, on to the next one!

MoonCrab fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Feb 21, 2024

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
Finally got Yae, so happy.

I have 0 handguards :negative:

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Note Block posted:

I very much like Birbmom but Yae Miko is absolutely slept on. I have every character in the game, over half of them are c6, and Yae is just wild comparatively in the right teams with the right build focus, even at the lower cons. She's a luxury choice but she's the upmost luxury in the game after Zhongli and Kazuha.

Now's the time to put that c6 ring on her mischievous little editor fingers once and for all, fellow enjoyer.

C6 achieved after another 20 pulls on this banner. Hell yeah. Premier turrets with DEF shred lets go.

Genshin is full of lots of fun characters but sometimes the answer is just to focus your favorite(s).

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Yo What The gently caress

:eyepop:

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Got Diluc off the standard banner last week, and now his C1 losing the 50-50. I don't want Miko or Xiao enough to burn a guarantee on so now I wait for Chiori or Neuv. I guess Diluc's okay, I don't have an on-field fire guy built yet but was eyeballing Gaming for that.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Got a C6 Kirara and I just noticed her scary feet.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

YoshiOfYellow posted:

Yo What The gently caress

:eyepop:

The mythical 1 pull :neckbeard:

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Got a C6 Kirara and I just noticed her scary feet.

such a good design until ugh. Diona has them too, but at least she wears boots

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

I do like the attention to detail when it comes to the sounds that the characters feet make when they walk around.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

kirara's feet ftw

Dr Kool-AIDS
Mar 26, 2004

Feet tier list when?

Obnoxipus
Apr 4, 2011
Here's the shortest one: everyone in bottom tier because feet weird me out.

Boogle
Sep 1, 2004

Nap Ghost

Obnoxipus posted:

Here's the shortest one: everyone in bottom tier because feet weird me out.

Chiori's designer footwear is gonna break your brain.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

Boogle posted:

Chiori's designer footwear is gonna break your brain.

My feet scream in pain every time I see her footwear.

Anyways, finished the Lantern Rite event. Very cute one this go-round; Gaming's a good guy and I hope he gets a lot of use in the future.

Also, Charlotte taking photos of Keqing and that hidden scene with Xiao/Traveler :3:

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Isn't chiori's shoes like way way more comfortable than heels, because he's balanced in the middle

Rabbit Hill
Mar 11, 2009

Grimey Drawer
So I've been playing with Xiao and, uhhh, Little Man is so angry he stresses me out. :ohdear: Wish I could wrap him up in a thunder vest like my cat on July 4th.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

somehow I have myself a c6 Yun Jin, is she possibly good now? googling is inconclusive

Kale
May 14, 2010

Oof maybe I underestimated Xianyun/Lantern Rites wordiness and its gonna be a little crunchy to finish these events in time after all on the weekend :stonk:

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Meowywitch posted:

somehow I have myself a c6 Yun Jin, is she possibly good now? googling is inconclusive
Theoretically decent with yoimiya and Ayato and physchl. But in reality her burst is 15 energy too expensive to feel good as a solo geo no matter how much ER you give her (mine is 300ER and she's still short of feeling good).

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

^ty, for the infos. well i can stick her with Yoi maybe...

meanwhile...

omg zhongli was like "I have a friend who has two grown daughters" is he talking about cloud retainer / ganyu / shenhe? if so, cute

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Meowywitch posted:

^ty, for the infos. well i can stick her with Yoi maybe...

meanwhile...

omg zhongli was like "I have a friend who has two grown daughters" is he talking about cloud retainer / ganyu / shenhe? if so, cute

I absolutely read it that way yeah.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

silvergoose posted:

I absolutely read it that way yeah.

Same, that was my takeaway as well

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Meowywitch posted:

Sure, if you build her right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFHblUYLSos

Kale
May 14, 2010

Musou C2 Raiden makes an impressively strong plunger. :stare: Getting 4-7x damage buffs on Xianyun plunge buff Raiden/Nahida aggravate combos versus her normal attack strings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Shinji2015 posted:

My feet scream in pain every time I see her footwear.

Anyways, finished the Lantern Rite event. Very cute one this go-round; Gaming's a good guy and I hope he gets a lot of use in the future.

Also, Charlotte taking photos of Keqing and that hidden scene with Xiao/Traveler :3:
If you had told me that Lantern Rite this year would feature Keqing flirting with a French reporter I would've said that's crazy, but damned if she didn't seem to be making a move there.