Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Keldroc posted:

Devastator's arms are Deluxes, his legs are Voyagers, and his torso is notably absent. Interesting.

I'm guessing it'll be like ROTF Devastator and the Dinobots, where they're spreading it out over a couple of years and we'll get the torso to complete him in 2026 to coincide with the 40th anniversary of the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

All four of Dev’s limbs in one wave? gently caress my wallet, I guess

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

I knew they're gonna do OG Devastator the same way they did the ROTF one.

And yay for the rerelease of ROTB Prime and DOTM Shockwave, two very popular but very rare figures.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Sockser posted:

All four of Dev’s limbs in one wave? gently caress my wallet, I guess

The specific wave distribution wasn't part of the leak, so they could be spread out throughout the year. ROTF Devastator only did one per size per wave, so it would make sense if they did the same thing here.

Interesting that they're doing some of the limbs as Deluxes too - I guess that means he'll be closer to Menasor size than CW Devastator size.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I’d love if they did a core class Devs.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Keldroc posted:

Devastator's arms are Deluxes, his legs are Voyagers, and his torso is notably absent. Interesting.
I really hope Devastator's not different size classes because the figures are all deluxes, but some come with combiner kibble. Titan Devastator was so close to being kibbless, I'm hoping they can refine that design.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Aren't they already putting a SS86 Jazz reissue in the cash grab five pack with Earth mode Hound and soap bar Wheeljack?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Knormal posted:

I really hope Devastator's not different size classes because the figures are all deluxes, but some come with combiner kibble. Titan Devastator was so close to being kibbless, I'm hoping they can refine that design.

This is my bet, yeah. Scrapper and Mixmaster probably come with the wing and some leg connectors.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Keldroc posted:

Grimlock getting a reissue is good news, the secondary market prices on that are insane.

Hook and Long Haul both missing, not just Long Haul. Unless that's what you were referring to.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

The_Doctor posted:

this would be amazing

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

this would be amazing

"Devastator......"

"......awww he's so adorable and small"

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

The MSJ posted:

I knew they're gonna do OG Devastator the same way they did the ROTF one.

And yay for the rerelease of ROTB Prime and DOTM Shockwave, two very popular but very rare figures.

I know it's the original design, but I always find it hilarious that shockwave had this little tiny pinhead. His brain is clearly in his chest because that thing is always massive.

Dev missing his head and a leg would make for quite the battle.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Cowslips Warren posted:

I know it's the original design, but I always find it hilarious that shockwave had this little tiny pinhead. His brain is clearly in his chest because that thing is always massive.

Dev missing his head and a leg would make for quite the battle.

IDW killed off one of his legs (Scrapper I think) at one point and had the rest of them drag his body around for when they needed to combine, but still couldn't move the leg.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Fil5000 posted:

IDW killed off one of his legs (Scrapper I think) at one point and had the rest of them drag his body around for when they needed to combine, but still couldn't move the leg.

I am imagining Devastator using one of those leg scooter things now.

Oh ew gently caress that means they kept his corpse and manhandled it into position?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Didn't the eventually replace Scrapper with Scoop?

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Yeah, and also with Prowl. Although they rearranged themselves a bit so Prowl could be the head.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Medullah posted:

Hook and Long Haul both missing, not just Long Haul. Unless that's what you were referring to.

I was referring to the two characters who form his torso, yes.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The_Doctor posted:

Yeah I don't like how they keep jacking up the sizes to get bigger and bigger while at the same time prices are rising. I don't want a giant massive thing taking up all my roomspace, and even if I did, slammin' down like $150 on it is really daunting.

The original devastator was $33 at release, which adjusting for inflation would be around $90 now.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

I guess Colombia is the place to be if you like Beast Machines:

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

SlothfulCobra posted:

Yeah I don't like how they keep jacking up the sizes to get bigger and bigger while at the same time prices are rising. I don't want a giant massive thing taking up all my roomspace, and even if I did, slammin' down like $150 on it is really daunting.

The original devastator was $33 at release, which adjusting for inflation would be around $90 now.

Yeah and it was about Voyager size.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
My two sentence review of the new issue:

Hi Reflector! Bye Reflector!

5/5

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

The_Doctor posted:

That KO I got of Hulkie is pretty great for a tenner.

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Cowslips Warren posted:

Oh ew gently caress that means they kept his corpse and manhandled it into position?

Not Devastator but Defensor did this with Ambulon.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

That reminds me, it gets annoying how everyone says Skybound is too brutal when stuff like that happened all the time in IDW.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer
Idw introduced us fully to empurata and flatheads so making zombie transformers is kind of normal.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

pretty much every TF comic has been "violent", except maybe Dreamwave Armada.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Arquinsiel posted:

That KO I got of Hulkie is pretty great for a tenner.
gimme a link to where to buy it, I think you mentioned it a while back but there was nowhere to actually get the dang thing anymore :(

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Droyer posted:

Not Devastator but Defensor did this with Ambulon.

mainly because James Roberts killed off Rook

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

which was super dumb, and also ignored that Mirage became a loving combiner limb himself

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."

Sentinel Red posted:

My two sentence review of the new issue:

Hi Reflector! Bye Reflector!

5/5

That whole page was amazing.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Captain Invictus posted:

gimme a link to where to buy it, I think you mentioned it a while back but there was nowhere to actually get the dang thing anymore :(
Here you go. "6 in 1 MINI Devastator Transformation Model" will find you plenty of options though.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I don't suppose I can convince anyone in this thread to buy that Flagship Robosen Grimlock from me for $1400 shipped. I both want to get rid of it because the box is huge, and also because mom's been in and out of the hospital repeatedly and I've been out of work taking care of her so I want to build up a financial buffer once again because of that.

I also have these things for sale as well:
Transformers Grab Bag: a computer chair box crammed full of unopened Transformers except for one, The Function X4 Sigma L, which I took out of the box, transformed once, then put back in the box. Other than that, everything is MISB. the sold prices for these transformers as they are totals to ~$650, so I'd ask for $400 shipped. There is also a freebie in the box that I forgot to include in the pictures or pricing, enjoy! Transformers Grab Bag contents part 1 and contents part 2

link to a Pastebin with a list of all the Transformers I have available for sale, better than cluttering up this thread with a giant list, please post any you'd be interested in and I'll figure out pricing.

all from my SA-mart thread

Arquinsiel posted:

Here you go. "6 in 1 MINI Devastator Transformation Model" will find you plenty of options though.
cool, thanks! I'll keep it in mind for later.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Robot Style posted:

um uh that uh

did we know about that?

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Nodosaur posted:

That reminds me, it gets annoying how everyone says Skybound is too brutal when stuff like that happened all the time in IDW.

I think it's more that people are just plain tired of that kind of thing in general for Transformers

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Dabir posted:

um uh that uh

did we know about that?

Appeared in leak listings but had not been announced formally.

Fil5000
Jun 23, 2003

HOLD ON GUYS I'M POSTING ABOUT INTERNET ROBOTS

Nodosaur posted:

The main difference between Skybound and other comic iterations is that Skybound feels DESPERATE compared to everything else. Like, Prime has always been prepared to sacrifice himself for other species but literally using his own severed arm to beat the gently caress out of a Decepticon? And have we actually seen Starscream be so monstrous as to squeeze a human until they pop? We've not seen that level of desperation or specific harm before. I'm not sure if it's what I want to see out of a comic but I respect it for swinging for the fences.

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer

Robot Style posted:

Lol awesome I hope we get a CATscan recolour

Droyer
Oct 9, 2012

Nodosaur posted:

which was super dumb, and also ignored that Mirage became a loving combiner limb himself

I don't remember Rook's death well enough to have an opinion on it, but any guy who is a combiner not working is established in the setting. You need to be united mentally to combine as well, which is why using a dead guy works: He doesn't have a mind to add into the mix.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Fil5000 posted:

The main difference between Skybound and other comic iterations is that Skybound feels DESPERATE compared to everything else. Like, Prime has always been prepared to sacrifice himself for other species but literally using his own severed arm to beat the gently caress out of a Decepticon? And have we actually seen Starscream be so monstrous as to squeeze a human until they pop? We've not seen that level of desperation or specific harm before. I'm not sure if it's what I want to see out of a comic but I respect it for swinging for the fences.

I love it.

We see Optimus at his best trying to do what is right, even if he loses friends. It’s not a matter of being able to save everyone. He can’t. He's already lost so much, it might already be over. This isn’t a super hero comic where a hero refuses to take the lesser path, gives a big speech about being better and is able to save everyone because that’s what a hero does against impossible odds. Life isn't that kind. War is not that kind. Bad people or in this case the Decepticons really don't give a poo poo about Prime being noble. They don't care about all these little meat bags that can pop between their fingers. Its crushing an insect. It's amusing at first, probably more disgusting later because it makes a mess. It gets everywhere.

Things are desperate.

Even at the worse there are moments that stand out. Optimus being amazed by the nature of.....nature. The ground sinks when he steps. Things shake. The colors. All these random things that are alive. He's never seen anything like it before. It's amazing. It's not like Cybertron. He cares about humans. He instantly realizes what it means now that Decepticons are here, what could happen. What they will do. Despite this when asked by a sick child if he really can change form, despite being in pain and hurting Optimus does it for a species not even his own. A child that Optimus likely realizes by it's appearance is not likely to last as long as most humans do. Compassion even in the face of death, to show something amazing to something that's never dreamt of it being possible.

This Optimus guy might be alright.

We needed a new take. It might be a new take on an old one, but it's well done. The universe they are creating is vast. It has a lot of potential to only grow and be this amazing thing.

It's already a massive hit. People are on board. Some are on board because it's Robert Kirkmans company but that's not a bad thing. He loves the property. He's a fan. He wants to make this be something.

We had how long of IDW? Those books are always there for those who want to read them. It was time for something new. IDW tried to basically redo things in the same spirit as it's previous TF series and people didn't really care, it was more of the same and people were tired of it. Same kind of art work. Same look. Same touches of humor. It had run it's course.

And hey, if nothing else Transformers is all about change. Even if some of the story beats and look are known. It's why some of us keep coming back, we like the characters, we like the concepts. Besides there is one more important factor that makes this special.

BAH GAWD OPTIMUS CLOTHES LINE HIM STRAIGHT TO HELL, BY PRIMES SPARK AS MY WITNESS HE BROKE THAT BOT IN HALF.

Oh and I like the humans.
I seldom like the humans.
I haven't even seen a single complaint about the humans by others.
Want to know how many times I can say that about various past TF series with humans? Zero.

The Last Call fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Feb 22, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

drrockso20 posted:

I think it's more that people are just plain tired of that kind of thing in general for Transformers

That's not how they're reacting. It's like they think this is new or somehow different from before.

Fil5000 posted:

Yeah, I like it. I will admit it's different from the casual, almost comical violence that IDW was constantly full of.