Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Jacktrap is really bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Even as a hater of the movie you have to admit that ending was iconic

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Men didn't have a lot going on and was more moody than anything else but the fact that every dude in it was the same guy and no one commented on it and there was a plausible reason why (inbreeding ofc) and the way it somehow still commented on misogyny in different forms, religion, law enforcement, and "helpful" dudes, and still was creepingly nonsensical....I dunno, I liked it.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

This movie wants to be Guardians of the Galaxy so hard it's physical painful.

Nybble
Jun 28, 2008

praise chuck, raise heck
Guardians + Dungeons and Dragons. What a coup to get so many high profile actors and yet they have so little to do?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Please dont make James Gunn the blueprint.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Yeah it has immediate GotG vibes which... Whatever I'll watch it on whatever streaming platform it ends up on. Looks like cheap fun. I have no affinity or loyalty to the games. Played the first one I think.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Lmao why are they making an English actress sound Texan? It's horrible.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Yeah, that’s pretty dire, but at least it looks nice? Blanchett seems positively comatose

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Does Cate have gambling debts or something?

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I will never forgive Kevin Hart for those ceaseless cashbacking commercials, but I'll still see it and probably hate myself afterwards.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Borderlands looks like fun

Looks like

It’s not fun. Decent taller editing.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Vintersorg posted:

Please dont make James Gunn the blueprint.

Fuckin wish they could

The D in Detroit
Oct 13, 2012

CelticPredator posted:

Looks like

I mean there's only so many ways to frame Kevin Hart without resorting to Lord of the Rings perspective poo poo

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lmao

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

They made this look just as annoying as the games, if not more so :chloe:

Pass!

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY

MacheteZombie posted:

Jacktrap is really bad.

I disagree. He comes off as the perfect hosed up little freak claptrap is

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm not watching that.

But did someone say strip the flesh, salt the wound

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Civil War just seems trite to me than outright offensive. I don't think its going to be out right fash or anything but everything about the trailers just makes it feel like whatever the message is going to be, it will be eye rolley. I disagree with the starship troopers comparison because people are always just going to misinterpret poo poo, this just looks way more self serious lol.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
Pitching up Jack Black's voice is a bit weird. He sounds like someone else I can't place.

And why does Cate Blanchett have almost no on camera lines in that trailer? Maybe that's not odd but for being the headliner the only on screen line she says is "I hate this planet." And everyone else gets more screentime. Weird.

gregday
May 23, 2003

BonoMan posted:

Pitching up Jack Black's voice is a bit weird. He sounds like someone else I can't place.

Master Shake?

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Who do you think drank more on set: Bob Hoskins making Super Mario Brothers or Cate Blanchett making this

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

gregday posted:

Master Shake?

No it's an actor actor that I'm thinking of, but I def hear some MS in there too

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

CelticPredator posted:

Looks like

A big tell is that amidst the bombast and quick cuts and explosions I didn't hear one good line of dialogue. Means whoever cut this didn't have alot to work with.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

DC Murderverse posted:

Who do you think drank more on set: Bob Hoskins making Super Mario Brothers or Cate Blanchett making this

lol

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Snooze Cruise posted:

Civil War just seems trite to me than outright offensive. I don't think its going to be out right fash or anything but everything about the trailers just makes it feel like whatever the message is going to be, it will be eye rolley. I disagree with the starship troopers comparison because people are always just going to misinterpret poo poo, this just looks way more self serious lol.

A movie about a civil war with no politics at all lol

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Shageletic posted:

Even as a hater of the movie you have to admit that ending was iconic
it was uhhhhh yeah it was something. memorable I guess!

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
I imagine Cate Blanchett has a kid who's really into Borderlands the game. Like how Adam Driver made 65 because his kid likes dinosaurs.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

DC Murderverse posted:

IIRC Bob Hoskins did that movie because his kid was really into the games, and even though it flopped he doesn't seem to have an axe to grind about it.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Mat Cauthon posted:

IIRC Bob Hoskins did that movie because his kid was really into the games, and even though it flopped he doesn't seem to have an axe to grind about it.
he didn't even know it was a game until after accepting the role! his kids had to tell him

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
He used to play king lear

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

live with fruit posted:

I imagine Cate Blanchett has a kid who's really into Borderlands the game. Like how Adam Driver made 65 because his kid likes dinosaurs.

Or how Richard Harris was going to pass on playing Dumbledore until his granddaughter said, "If you don't play Dumbledore, I will never speak to you again."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYUoI3-IThI

Or how Frank Langella did Master of the Universe so his kids could finally see him in a movie (and then his kids fell asleep during it).

thrawn527 fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Feb 21, 2024

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

Mat Cauthon posted:

This might be true but also he broke his finger while filming because he was so drunk

But also Blanchett had to spend 2 months in Hungary in the throes of the pandemic so it’s still a tossup imo

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

oh no not stuck in one of the greatest cities in the world

I'm sick of Buda, going across the bridge to Pest

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

mcmagic posted:

A movie about a civil war with no politics at all lol

the post credits scene will reveal the whole conflict was over if the dress was blue or gold

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

kiimo posted:

oh no not stuck in one of the greatest cities in the world

I'm sick of Buda, going across the bridge to Pest

I don’t care how great a city is, being across country borders during a pandemic making a garbage movie is a bad time

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Relative bad time? I dunno. I could chill in Budapest getting paid millions to make a garbage movie. The pandemic sucked everywhere.

I'm sure there were people convinced that the mineral baths in Budapest would cure them, though. That would be annoying.

joe football
Dec 22, 2012
That trailer looks pretty good except for the parts where anyone is talking

So I guess faithful to the games?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Beer is a buck in Eastern Europe and it's pretty good right? Yeah I've got to visit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Listen, if they don't include Scooter screaming YALLCATCHARIIIIIIIIDE i'm out