Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Which kind of jeans are those?

JNCOs are apparently coming back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Halloween Jack posted:

this slaps tho

https://x.com/seanw_m/status/1760133466375536895?s=20

you heard it here first op...its an op

mentally sang this like

quote:

I'm a bitch, I'm a lover
I'm a child, I'm a mother
I'm a sinner, I'm a saint
I do not feel ashamed
I'm your Hell, I'm your dream
I'm nothing in between
You know you wouldn't want it any other way

lobster shirt
Jun 14, 2021

HashtagGirlboss posted:

you would know, because you're wearing some

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Which kind of jeans are those?
Light blue, stone washed, with an elastic waistband and a ruffle above the waistband. The kind of jeans that scream "We don't believe girls should be taught to read and write."

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

HashtagGirlboss posted:

gently caress yeah!

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

KirbyKhan posted:

gently caress yeah!

Don’t get your hopes up too much, Kirby, they’ve been supposedly coming back for years now and I’ve yet to actually see anyone wearing them in public

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Don’t get your hopes up too much, Kirby, they’ve been supposedly coming back for years now and I’ve yet to actually see anyone wearing them in public
- guy who doesn't go out in public

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I'm wearing my Levi's 527s from high school today and I look cool as hell. thanks for bringing boot-cut back, zoomers

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Halloween Jack posted:

Light blue, stone washed, with an elastic waistband and a ruffle above the waistband. The kind of jeans that scream "We don't believe girls should be taught to read and write."

stretchy mom jeans was like...2013?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

i say swears online posted:

I'm wearing my Levi's 527s from high school today and I look cool as hell. thanks for bringing boot-cut back, zoomers

aw yeah

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

stretchy mom jeans was like...2013?
Tell that to current undergrads.

The trend from the last couple years, which seems to be fading now, was to wear 2000s "distressed" jeans but take it to the point where you're just ripping out a rectangular panel from mid-thigh to mid-shin. That at least had the virtue of being novel, and not reminding me of my mother's craziest friends.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Halloween Jack posted:

my mother's craziest friends.
tell us more

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
It's not that interesting. My parents are boring mainline Protestants but my mom had some Baptist fundie friends. If these people have power over you, they're terrifyingly insane; if they don't, they're just irritating and contemptibly stupid.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Halloween Jack posted:

Tell that to current undergrads.

The trend from the last couple years, which seems to be fading now, was to wear 2000s "distressed" jeans but take it to the point where you're just ripping out a rectangular panel from mid-thigh to mid-shin. That at least had the virtue of being novel, and not reminding me of my mother's craziest friends.

I thought that died out like 5 years ago. maybe they are just living in poverty

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

my bony fealty posted:

hopefully all of them

the number of apps that have thrown lovely AI features into their basic rear end product is dire. there's a video platform I use that now auto-adds "suggested tasks for reviewers" that never make any sense and replaced comments as the default for what you see when you open the link. gently caress AI!!!

don't know what you mean, the ai works great

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

HashtagGirlboss posted:

there’s a bougie arts magnet attached to my university and the rich literal teens wear them or their ilk frequently

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

hideous poo poo lol

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Smythe posted:

there’s a bougie arts magnet attached to my university and the rich literal teens wear them or their ilk frequently

Keep that poo poo in LA please

Son of Sorrow
Aug 8, 2023

Sorry to hear that the clothes women choose to wear causes OP tremendous psychic pain.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

There was a fairly popular book about how aesthetics and fashion were masculine domains that men were cruelly robbed of in the late 1800s.

It came up in the context of Jordan Peterson dressing like a dandy and expressing himself in fashion choices like having stuff embroidered on the liner of his suit to remind him to be himself or something (?).

DJJIB-DJDCT has issued a correction as of 19:03 on Feb 21, 2024

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

mawarannahr posted:

- guy who doesn't go out in public

Eh as much a sign of how decidedly unhip Portland has gotten over the last few years after being stuck in trendy town for a decade inshallah

Also idk that I really go where the zoomers hang out very often because I’m old and have no reason to

HashtagGirlboss has issued a correction as of 19:04 on Feb 21, 2024

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

There was a fairly popular book about how aesthetics and fashion were masculine domains that men were cruelly robbed of in the late 1800s.

oh yeah what was it called, the gay guy's bible??

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

It came up in the context of Jordan Peterson dressing like a dandy and expressing himself in fashion choices like having stuff embroidered on the liner of his suit to remind him to be himself or something (?).

is jorp really expressing himself by wearing tailored suits?

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

I think it was Men in the Mirror: Men's Fashion, Masculinity, and Consumer Society?

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Karach posted:

is jorp really expressing himself by wearing tailored suits?

https://x.com/jordanbpeterson/status/1634990607918829568?s=20

DJJIB-DJDCT has issued a correction as of 19:08 on Feb 21, 2024

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

"I'm empty inside" he screamed

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

I just think it’s funny that he’s a bit of a queen. RETVRN.

the milk machine
Jul 23, 2002

lick my keys
Jordan Bleaterson

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
The Great Male Renunciation is worth exploring, but Jorp is one of those guys who believes :biotruths: about how wearing pink saps your testosterone or something.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

fr0id posted:

I am extremely mad about how safe space has been taken from healthcare folks. such a great phrase just stolen by the worst loving people. now I have to use phrases like “comfortable zone” so I don’t anger anyone. god drat it.

I think at this point academics and anyone working in specialized fields who use neutral terms should expect the dumbest people in the world to pick up the lingo and run with it. "cultural appropriation," "safe space," basically anything to do with trauma. Everything gets subsumed.

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

The Bata Shoe Museum in Toronto had a pretty amazing exhibit about dudes wearing heels throughout history.

Dreylad has issued a correction as of 19:44 on Feb 21, 2024

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
JNCO Jargo Jorps

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

KirbyKhan posted:

gently caress yeah!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Og1N-BVSwg

Hellequin
Feb 26, 2008

You Scream! You open your TORN, ROTTED, DECOMPOSED MOUTH AND SCREAM!

Dreylad posted:

The Bata Shoe Museum in Toronto had a pretty amazing exhibit about dudes wearing heels throughout history.

It's just a really fuckin' cool museum. If you're thinking to yourself "there's no way you could possibly make a museum about shoes interesting" you are so incredibly wrong.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Dreylad posted:

let the bodies keep the score
let the bodies keep the
scoooooooooooore

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

Halloween Jack posted:

The Great Male Renunciation is worth exploring, but Jorp is one of those guys who believes :biotruths: about how wearing pink saps your testosterone or something.

I wear pink all the time (I’m a dude) and once in Europe these Belgian guys were like “wait you’re American? and you wear pink? You must be so confident.” they were in awe. possibly the most I’ve ever felt validated. massive testosterone boost. I can’t believe I’m saying it but, the bio truths are wrong here.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

the mortal kombat scene was cool

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!

Dreylad posted:

More like the Beta shoe museum. Hahaha :hehe:

Whirling
Feb 23, 2023

why is he dressing like sheogorath

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

gob bluth rear end mf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i don't hate the blue suit with the red tie, but it is not something a grown man who is not some manner of royalty and/or clown should be wearing