Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CeramicPig
Oct 9, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

every one of those is a winner

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
i want a package of candy hearts that just say "doomed" that i can gift to my enemies.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
A tangled skein of bad opinions, the hottest takes, and the the world's most misinformed nonsense. Do not engage with me, it's useless, and better yet, put me on ignore.

credburn has a new favorite as of 06:20 on Feb 21, 2024

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

If I wanted to see bad posts, I'd just look through your posting history

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

This is one of those things where someone claims it's an AI and it isn't right

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Heath posted:

This is one of those things where someone claims it's an AI and it isn't right

That's my guess. AI of that generation would probably have weird letter-like shapes that didn't actually mean anything.

Another option is they asked a chat bot for a list of words to put on candy hearts and edited those into the image themselves.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Cyrano4747 posted:

That's my guess. AI of that generation would probably have weird letter-like shapes that didn't actually mean anything.

Another option is they asked a chat bot for a list of words to put on candy hearts and edited those into the image themselves.

Too many of them are too monkey cheese in a specific way to not be from a human brain ("all hail the chicken" "body party!" with an exclamation point, "fart booby")

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

Heath posted:

Too many of them are too monkey cheese in a specific way to not be from a human brain ("all hail the chicken" "body party!" with an exclamation point, "fart booby")

Yep. And not enough generically weird and inappropriate in context but not funny stuff, like one that just says "hello" or "bookstore"

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Cyrano4747 posted:

It's GPT-2, the old text-only version. They probably asked it to generate a thousand, then selected only the funny ones, maybe added some of their own, and put it on hearts in Paint themselves.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Sadly, the website is gone. I wanted to find out if they still wanted to marry Justin Timberlake.

mercenarynuker
Sep 10, 2008

Sometimes I wonder if in the far-ish future we'll have run out of web addresses and some like shrimp wholesale company will have to use ilovejustintimberlake.com as their corporate domain

Cool Dad
Jun 15, 2007

It is always Friday night, motherfuckers

Paladinus posted:

It's GPT-2, the old text-only version. They probably asked it to generate a thousand, then selected only the funny ones, maybe added some of their own, and put it on hearts in Paint themselves.

It's this, those were generated by Janelle Shane, a machine learning researcher who has a blog where she does stuff like this. That's from several years ago. She just got it to make a zillion of them and photoshopped the funny ones into an image.

Personally I think they're great and I miss AI being weird and incomprehensible instead of annoying and ubiquitous.

https://janellecshane.substack.com/p/okay-gpt-3-candy-hearts

Cool Dad has a new favorite as of 15:15 on Feb 21, 2024

Ballbot5000
Dec 13, 2008

Fabricati diem, pvnc.

Kheldarn posted:

Sadly, the website is gone. I wanted to find out if they still wanted to marry Justin Timberlake.

Next Monday

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

mercenarynuker posted:

Sometimes I wonder if in the far-ish future we'll have run out of web addresses and some like shrimp wholesale company will have to use ilovejustintimberlake.com as their corporate domain

Brb changing my name to Justintim Berlake

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

mercenarynuker posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWIlScfHwOU

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

There's another website that doesn't exist anymore. CURSE YOU, INTERNET! :argh:

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

Tag yourself I’m buttock :butt:

Modal Auxiliary
Jan 14, 2005

dialhforhero posted:

"Woof hoofhoof" is really speaking to me.

shipwrek
Dec 11, 2009

Drunk octopus wants
to fight you

Ballbot5000 posted:

Next Monday

aw gently caress here we go

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
It's only natural for expiry dates to change along with the contents.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

No matter how long it's been in your fridge, it will be good until next Monday. This lettuce will survive the heat death of the universe.

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

dialhforhero posted:

Can't believe BUNS BUNS BUNS wasn't the first choice here.

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
calling BALLS as it's got my name all over it

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

NEXT MONDAY should be one of the hearts

captainOrbital
Jan 23, 2003

Wrathchild!
💢🧒
I like to imagine that the computers are extremely confused by biological concepts, and also fingers.

I've had positive feedback from erogenous zones, although I've learned not to mention most of what comes out of them. Except sometimes.

Leon Sumbitches
Mar 27, 2010

Dr. Leon Adoso Sumbitches (prounounced soom-'beh-cheh) (born January 21, 1935) is heir to the legendary Adoso family oil fortune.

Phlegmish posted:

No matter how long it's been in your fridge, it will be good until next Monday. This lettuce will survive the heat death of the universe.

Or the end of the Gregorian Calendar, either way

Rasmus
Jul 13, 2016

I wish I was brian Blessed

dialhforhero posted:

You should go into a knob-and-tube home.

poo poo is insane.

A few years ago, two friends and I had the idea of buying a run-down house and flipping it.

Ok, where to start? The place that we looked at which made us give up on the idea used to be one of those buildings that is a storefront with an apartment on top, but over the years the back end was expanded out like the Winchester Mansion with all these random rooms stacked vertically and horizontally. The place at one point would have been cool, with wood floors everywhere and a layout that would fend off dementia, but it unfortunately was in ownership limbo for a looong time, and thus effectively abandoned for decades. All the wood floors were water-damaged, plaster falling off the walls, so the place was in rough shape. It was clear that it was all Knob-and-Tube, but the kitchen was also from the 50-60s, which means the floor tiling is probably asbestos (and probably means there is secret asbestos elsewhere).

The crazy part was that a homeless church group had squatted in the building for some time. They had knocked down part of the wall between the storefront section and the kitchen and put up a giant loving baptismal pool. :wtc:

NonzeroCircle
Apr 12, 2010

El Camino
Northerners call it a barmtismal pool

AcidCat
Feb 10, 2005

It's really tough to pick a favorite here, I'm torn between Ants Can Stay and Beans.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Kheldarn posted:

The site was owned by Jessica Biel so mission accomplished

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Cool Dad posted:

Personally I think they're great and I miss AI being weird and incomprehensible instead of annoying and ubiquitous.

I've got some great news for you.

https://twitter.com/seanw_m/status/1760115732333941148

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

The one that made me spit coffee was

WICKED
*EAT A
TREE*

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

It's actually pronounced tim-BERL-a-kee, but Justin is too polite to correct anyone

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Lol. Of course there's a guy asking it about bitcoins.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

That bitcoin answer seems correct though :confused:

If a crypto explanation sounds like an AI hallucination, that's because it's :circlefap: crypto, not because of the AI in question

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S
yeah, there's not a single thing wrong with the buttcoin one

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

BrianBoitano posted:

That bitcoin answer seems correct though :confused:

If a crypto explanation sounds like an AI hallucination, that's because it's :circlefap: crypto, not because of the AI in question

There are more images that are not in the tweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
AI has been exposed to weed. Our jobs are safe.