Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XR0uUuxsE74

More Vengeance footage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

Confirmed multiplatform for SMTV V. At least it'll run above 25 fps now.

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1760308163151077534

Atlus is going to have a livestream with the details sometime later today. Or maybe right now?

https://twitter.com/megaten_atlus/status/1760303950815981641

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Ibram Gaunt posted:

So SMTV-V seems like it's a Maniax style expansion rather than a whole new game like Apoc was. Kind of a shame.

it is also still :frames: so lol

e: multiplat, good

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

More like Shin Megami Tensaved

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Nahonin-Ho confirmed.

Edit: Looks like you pick either Original Mode or Vengeance Mode at the beginning of the game?

Red Snake Lady is Lilith, New Girl is Yoko.

TurnipFritter fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Feb 21, 2024

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Lol cool Daghda DLC.

Iserlohn
Nov 3, 2011

Watch out!

Here comes the third tactic.
Lipstick Apathy
Thanks, Sega.

That spotlight stream did confirm there are QOL improvements and a new dungeon on top of the new story stuff. Expected but good to know for sure. There's a running english translation in the stream if you're willing to sift through chat.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Seems like every demon has a unique skill now, that's cool.

e: The stream says the new route is 80 hours long and seems pretty substantially different from the base game. Cool?

Ibram Gaunt fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Feb 21, 2024

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Have SMT games in general been coming out day 1 on gamepass or is that just a persona thing? I'm interested, but having played the original release already 70 USD feels like a ridiculous ask

DemoneeHo
Nov 9, 2017

Come on hee-ho, just give us 300 more macca

No Mods No Masters posted:

Have SMT games in general been coming out day 1 on gamepass or is that just a persona thing? I'm interested, but having played the original release already 70 USD feels like a ridiculous ask

The last few have, including P3R. I don't think they stay on the pass forever. But you can get them day 1.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

No Mods No Masters posted:

you will pay. they deserve it.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

I bought the fancy collector's edition of V at launch and if they do that again for this then hell, I'll buy it too. I'm doing my part.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Yeah gamepass and Sega have had a huge overlap. No new yakuza tho

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Over 40 new demons have been added.
The original DLC demon/quests are included (Mephi, Cleo, Arty, and Fiends), but the Mitamas, Dagda, and new demon Konohana Sakuya are paid.
Level cap is now 150 (after certain conditions have been met)
Skill cutscenes can now be played at 2x speed, 4x speed (well, MAX), and Skipping entirely.
You can turn Miracles On and Off.
Item that lets you Respec the MC's stat allocation.
Minimap can now be set to rotate along with you instead of being fixed.
Save Anywhere.
Grimoire/Gospel/Incense/etc can be used in batches now instead of one at a time.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

TurnipFritter posted:

Over 40 new demons have been added.
The original DLC demon/quests are included (Mephi, Cleo, Arty, and Fiends), but the Mitamas, Dagda, and new demon Konohana Sakuya are paid.
Level cap is now 150 (after certain conditions have been met)
Skill cutscenes can now be played at 2x speed, 4x speed (well, MAX), and Skipping entirely.
You can turn Miracles On and Off.
Item that lets you Respec the MC's stat allocation.
Minimap can now be set to rotate along with you instead of being fixed.
Save Anywhere.
Grimoire/Gospel/Incense/etc can be used in batches now instead of one at a time.

Is Konohana Sakuya based on Yukiko's persona or did they do a full redesign?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

ImpAtom posted:

Is Konohana Sakuya based on Yukiko's persona or did they do a full redesign?

New design

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

SEGA Asia has released a version of the spotlight with English subs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4pcUK6_-dg

Other additions shown but not really mentioned in the video:

-Seems there's now Boss rematches, they showed Hydra and Eligor next to an NPC in Bethel with different backgrounds.
-New Route is chosen at the beggining and seems to diverge on midgame, so maybe it is a new story and only shares the first/second section in common? The demons attacking Tokyo seems different from Lahmu's attack on the original.
-Your demons can appear on the map and you can talk to them.
-King Frost has a Magutsuchi skill that summons Black and Jack, so maybe those combo spells are Magutsuchi actions?
-Auto-battle with the option to set actions/target weaknesses?
-Central antagonists of the Vengeance Route seem to be the Qadištu (which according to Google seems to be a term for priestesses/holy women in Mesopotamia), leaded by Lilith.
-Cherub is back using his Devil Summonner design.
-Deluxe Edition, besides the DLC comes with 2 infinite use damage/healing items lol.
-If you have a Switch savefile of 5 you can transfer 3 demons from your compedium to Vengeance.
-Interview with the game director mentions the theme of SMTV was about the "Bull God" that defeats the "Snake God" in mythologies or something like that? Kinda confusing, mentions the new route focuses on the "defeated" and that's why it's Vengeance.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

-Central antagonists of the Vengeance Route seem to be the Qadištu (which according to Google seems to be a term for priestesses/holy women in Mesopotamia), leaded by Lilith.

-Interview with the game director mentions the theme of SMTV was about the "Bull God" that defeats the "Snake God" in mythologies or something like that? Kinda confusing, mentions the new route focuses on the "defeated" and that's why it's Vengeance.

:letsgo:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
gotta choose my three favorite demons I guess. probably Finn McCool, Beezelbub, and I'm not sure who else. maybe Alice?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Did not get that from the original story at all

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

Did not get that from the original story at all

It's worded a little awkwardly, but he doesn't say that Bull God v Snake God was the theme of Vanilla, just that they wanted to develop that concept further in Vengeance. (Bull v Snake is present in Vanilla, but it's not really a theme, and I'm honestly not sure how much of a Theme in Mythology it actually is, outside of Susan O v Orochi)

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

TurnipFritter posted:

It's worded a little awkwardly, but he doesn't say that Bull God v Snake God was the theme of Vanilla, just that they wanted to develop that concept further in Vengeance. (Bull v Snake is present in Vanilla, but it's not really a theme, and I'm honestly not sure how much of a Theme in Mythology it actually is, outside of Susan O v Orochi)

Storm God vs Evil Snake is surprisingly common. Thor vs Midgardsromn, Indra vs Vritra, Zeus vs Typhon... Generally evil snakes are usually allegories for droughts or calamities that ruin agriculture. But the only god among sky gods who I would relate to bulls is Zeus.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

TurnipFritter posted:

u are literally susano and the first boss is hydra. btfo . NONE of you paid ANY loving ATTENTION.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I'm pretty sure they meant Chaoskampf in general, which is a reoccurring theme in SMTV.

RevolverDivider
Nov 12, 2016

SMTV was pretty underwhelming overall but this seems like a decent improvement. I was pretty blah on SMTIV and really liked Apocalypse despite the wonky tone so this might have a similar feeling.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Stux posted:

u are literally susano and the first boss is hydra. btfo . NONE of you paid ANY loving ATTENTION.

"Bull v Snake is present in Vanilla," I said, because you fight Hydra, Lahmu, and Vasuki, but it's not really the game's Theme in the way it is a Theme for Vengeance.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

you think i can read?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

RevolverDivider posted:

SMTV was pretty underwhelming overall but this seems like a decent improvement. I was pretty blah on SMTIV and really liked Apocalypse despite the wonky tone so this might have a similar feeling.

its one of the best jrpgs ever made

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Don't forget about Nuwa, also a snake goddess. And Lilith is also always associated with snakes. Wonder if the other 3 demons are demons or some are snake goddesses as well.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
I'm excited for the new vengeance path and will 100% be getting this on PC but I kinda wish they took that dev time/$$$ and put it into fleshing out the very barebones endgame routes. Still, I'm very happy we'll get to play this at 60fps.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Looks like it’ll be full priced either way, so now to decide if I want 60 fps, or buy it on the Switch and plow through most of Vengeance alongside a level 99 Shiva

Skanker
Mar 21, 2013
Feel like a bit of a rube paying for SMTV when it came out in light of this. Hope there's some sort of upgrade you can get.

Dpulex
Feb 26, 2013
Sick, finally on hardware that isn't complete garbage.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Skanker posted:

Feel like a bit of a rube paying for SMTV when it came out in light of this. Hope there's some sort of upgrade you can get.

You got to play a good game when it first came out, you’re not a rube lol. It’s been like 3 years

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

MechaX posted:

Looks like it’ll be full priced either way, so now to decide if I want 60 fps, or buy it on the Switch and plow through most of Vengeance alongside a level 99 Shiva

To be honest I really feel like going into the new stuff with a max-level cheat persona is probably going to be a pretty bad way to experience it.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Dpulex posted:

Sick, finally on hardware that isn't complete garbage.

no, now i t will be available on hardware that is complete garbage: theres a ps5 version bwahahahaha

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Skanker posted:

cant believe a atlus jrpg would have some sort of upgraded rerelease a few years later... this has blindsided me completely

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It's also a new route. This isn't like the same game with New Dungeon or w/e.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Skanker posted:

It'd be really out of character for Atlus, but OTOH it seems to be really noticeable that Switch preorders aren't going live the same day as the rest of them.