Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

My barbarian doesn't need lockpicks for a DC 30 lock, they have a magical axe.

If that doesn't work, they have Na'er Misser.

If that *still* doesn't work, they have "pick the loving thing up, travel to Wyrm's Crossing, throw it off the side".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

DC 30 locks are usually plot doors with no HP so you wouldn't be able to bash it down. There's usually another way but you can imagine getting through the door with brute force I guess.

There used to be a google doc with all the bugs people were finding. There u s e d to be one.

https://old.reddit.com/r/BaldursGate3/comments/1at8z1v/patch_6_known_bug_list_possible_spoilrs/

This had the list in a non reddit format but uh there's petty discord drama now that the green names are fighting the blue names?
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QdFn2wkDh_JfE9rpEyp2sooyh6Qoaz6MthxmYvR9-AQ/edit

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
Are there any particularly good items that help you break objects?

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Adamantine mace from the forge and smoke powder arrows but they have knock back so something / someone might go flying.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
I'm looking forward to my 2nd run through this game. I'm playing on Explorer and my item hoarder mentality is killing me, I have so many bags filled with potions, oils and scrolls that it's actually encumbering me haha.

Not to mention my indecision of which item to craft at the Forge means I'm sitting on some Mithril Ore that I'm pretty sure is useless now that I'm in Act 3.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

wizard2 posted:

Are there any particularly good items that help you break objects?

Na'er Misser does entirely force damage and most objects are weak to force, so it's handy for that purpose. You'll need more oomph for things that have the Very Sturdy flag though.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Medullah posted:

I'm looking forward to my 2nd run through this game. I'm playing on Explorer and my item hoarder mentality is killing me, I have so many bags filled with potions, oils and scrolls that it's actually encumbering me haha.

Not to mention my indecision of which item to craft at the Forge means I'm sitting on some Mithril Ore that I'm pretty sure is useless now that I'm in Act 3.

You only get two pieces of mithril ore to craft. The most long-lasting pieces tend to be the Medium and Heavy armors, which can last you nearly into Act 3. The shield also has some edge case uses and looks really cool. I would not craft any of the weapons.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

You only get two pieces of mithril ore to craft. The most long-lasting pieces tend to be the Medium and Heavy armors, which can last you nearly into Act 3. The shield also has some edge case uses and looks really cool. I would not craft any of the weapons.

Yeah I ended up doing the Medium armor and giving it to my Tav....who is a Moon Druid sooooo it doesn't come in that handy.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
It's so silly that the best way to engage with the isobel setpiece is to just not talk to her

I reckon you should only get deep shadow protection if you have Izzy's blessing AND the moonlantern. Even on your first playthrough chances are pretty high you get the lantern before even reaching Last Light, but you obviously can't know what Izzy gives you is already obsolete. It's just wack tbh

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

exquisite tea posted:

once you get into mods the weapons have edge cases too (i.e. crit triggers)

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

It's so silly that the best way to engage with the isobel setpiece is to just not talk to her

I reckon you should only get deep shadow protection if you have Izzy's blessing AND the moonlantern. Even on your first playthrough chances are pretty high you get the lantern before even reaching Last Light, but you obviously can't know what Izzy gives you is already obsolete. It's just wack tbh

Speaking of this, please let me sell my extra moon lanterns I picked up that are useless now

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Question about invading those smug druid assholes

I can't kill 2 of the 3 gobbo camp leaders and then go with Minthara to invade the grove because that'll make her hostile, right, but can I kill one of them and Minthara won't care?

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

It really depends on the way you approach act 2 because it’s also extremely possible to just never interact with her and requiring 2 layers of protection to complete the act like that would suck

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Literally never talking to Isobel is a pro move if you want to leave nothing to chance in Honor Mode because Marcus will never attempt to abduct her.

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy

exquisite tea posted:

Literally never talking to Isobel is a pro move if you want to leave nothing to chance in Honor Mode because Marcus will never attempt to abduct her.

Yeah my preferred route on honour mode is lyre path to go straight to drider fight, turn on the caravan and take the lantern and free pixie, then wander around talking everyone to death

BurritoJustice
Oct 9, 2012

bird with big dick posted:

Question about invading those smug druid assholes

I can't kill 2 of the 3 gobbo camp leaders and then go with Minthara to invade the grove because that'll make her hostile, right, but can I kill one of them and Minthara won't care?

You can kill Gut but not Dror.

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!

Big Bowie Bonanza posted:

It really depends on the way you approach act 2 because it’s also extremely possible to just never interact with her and requiring 2 layers of protection to complete the act like that would suck

I mean I don't have a problem with making it mandatory but if you wanted to avoid that they could at least come up with some strong incentive to talk to Isobel even on repeat playthroughs because afaik the only things you're missing out on are Marcus's parasite and Shifting Corpus Ring, which are like, who cares right

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Yeah my preferred route on honour mode is lyre path to go straight to drider fight, turn on the caravan and take the lantern and free pixie, then wander around talking everyone to death

I'm so glad they allowed us to do the latter and it's why I find act 2 a relative breeze. Basic bitch Elf paladins and tiefling sorcerers stay winning. :chord:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I just got owned big time in honor mode in the passageway to the blood of lathander. Whole party got popped into the pit because I misclicked in front of the trap

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

I think it only works in the gauntlet sadly

You can summon the faerie you let out of the moon lantern anywhere for the rest of the game though! Just don’t be rude to her.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Mr. Lobe posted:

I just got owned big time in honor mode in the passageway to the blood of lathander. Whole party got popped into the pit because I misclicked in front of the trap

You are not alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4O7_IcmcQrI

The Wicked ZOGA
Jan 27, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
One of the reasons I'll never play Honour Mode is cos there's so much poo poo like Blood and Iron Throne I would just skip. I'm not gonna put myself in danger for stuff I don't *need* to do right?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Entropic posted:

You can summon the faerie you let out of the moon lantern anywhere for the rest of the game though! Just don’t be rude to her.

Is that only while in Act 2? I remembered she was in there after I got some ways into Act 3, thinking there'd be an interesting fight letting her out but she was deader than the fish in Disco Stu's shoes.

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.

The Wicked ZOGA posted:

One of the reasons I'll never play Honour Mode is cos there's so much poo poo like Blood and Iron Throne I would just skip. I'm not gonna put myself in danger for stuff I don't *need* to do right?

I'm not keen on touching honor mode because there's always the chance the whole run will be nullified 50 hours in from one bad dice roll, but you can skip all the gortash and robot stuff by just stockpiling a shitload of smokepowder barrels and fireworks, dropping them all around him, and then igniting the entire thing with any source of open flames, killing him and several cronies instantly

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Hm that's strange, I don't seem to remember ordering 50 barrels of TNT to be slowly dropped in front of me one by one.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

You can keep playing an honor mode game after dying you just won't get the honor mode cheevo at the end. It's not like permadeath unless you want to make it so.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

SlothBear posted:

You can keep playing an honor mode game after dying you just won't get the honor mode cheevo at the end. It's not like permadeath unless you want to make it so.

There's still only one save slot though, so your game couldn't have saved when you were already in an unwinnable situation.

SlothBear
Jan 25, 2009

exquisite tea posted:

There's still only one save slot though, so your game couldn't have saved when you were already in an unwinnable situation.

Ah, good point!

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

I feel like the tips are getting simplified to the natural conclusion of just detonate the Netherese orb to eliminate all threats.

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
I'm getting an error message about script extender being broken. I thought everything was fine but when I started a new game, party limit unlock wasn't working and the chromatic dye container didn't show up. Party limit had a fix posted that worked, but there's nothing for chromatic dyes or the Miraculous Dyes mod I grabbed to see if that would work.

The weird thing is that, in my game that I had been playing yesterday both the Chromatic Dye and Party Limit mods were working as normal.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

Soonmot posted:

I'm getting an error message about script extender being broken. I thought everything was fine but when I started a new game, party limit unlock wasn't working and the chromatic dye container didn't show up. Party limit had a fix posted that worked, but there's nothing for chromatic dyes or the Miraculous Dyes mod I grabbed to see if that would work.

The weird thing is that, in my game that I had been playing yesterday both the Chromatic Dye and Party Limit mods were working as normal.

If it's like the WASD movement mod that I use they may have published an update for patch 6 but there was another hotfix yesterday that broke a lot of stuff

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer
ahhhhh balls, I bet that's what happened. Joys of modding!

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

EorayMel posted:

I'm not keen on touching honor mode because there's always the chance the whole run will be nullified 50 hours in from one bad dice roll, but you can skip all the gortash and robot stuff by just stockpiling a shitload of smokepowder barrels and fireworks, dropping them all around him, and then igniting the entire thing with any source of open flames, killing him and several cronies instantly

After watching Game of Thrones, the invitation to Gortash's ceremony gave me the sense that it was Gortash who was going to do this.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Soonmot posted:

this was posted a while back, still is true:

https://github.com/Norbyte/bg3se/releases/tag/updater-20231028

"Does the extender support hotfix 18?

No. Despite claiming to be a "hotfix", the .exe got completely reorganized again for seemingly no reason, like in patch 4.
(Well, we do suspect the reason don't we? Can't let the game be too volatile)
When will it support hotfix 18?

Dunno."

Black Noise
Jan 23, 2008

WHAT UP

Does anyone in act 3 have the stats for the Torch of Revocation? Not the wiki stats I think it was changed in patch 6 to no longer do fire damage.

I can’t verify myself due to mods.

Ashcans
Jan 2, 2006

Let's do the space-time warp again!

Medullah posted:

Speaking of this, please let me sell my extra moon lanterns I picked up that are useless now

Or at least let us break them open and set the fairies free!

Saraiguma
Oct 2, 2014

Ashcans posted:

Or at least let us break them open and set the fairies free!

it's just dolly3 every time somehow

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Beasteh posted:

Huh that's weird, they are supposed to immediately despawn after they walk away

I was able to reproduce this. They despawn if they get far enough away from you. If you follow them they don't and they run right into the enemies. Same with Rolan in the shadowlands. If you follow him he keeps getting cursed and dies. If you just stand still or walk away from him, he'll despawn and live.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

oh my god lol I can feel it. I just got to act 3 with resist durge and I'm thinking of restarting because the shadowheart romance is kinda meh lol. I have a problem but not really a problem because I haven't stopped playing this game since August and it remains fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saul Kain
Dec 5, 2018

Lately it occurs to me,

what a long, strange trip it's been.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

this was posted a while back, still is true:

https://github.com/Norbyte/bg3se/releases/tag/updater-20231028

"Does the extender support hotfix 18?

No. Despite claiming to be a "hotfix", the .exe got completely reorganized again for seemingly no reason, like in patch 4.
(Well, we do suspect the reason don't we? Can't let the game be too volatile)
When will it support hotfix 18?

Dunno."

There is a way to force steam to download the previous version of the exe. For a nexus mod sticky comment:

Download previous bin files using steam console:
Open a command window “Run” by pressing «Win + R» and then enter the command: steam://open/console, and then press Enter.
Type command:
download_depot 1086940 1419652 8231067205656009020 [<delta manifestid>] [<depot flags filter>] : download a single depot
It will download previous unbroken exe files. Just copy and paste them into BG3 bin folder, and everything will work.