Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that
gently caress it, I'm down. Looks cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Yesterday they released a new official Mother Ostankya spooky story. You need Total War Access for it:

https://twitter.com/totalwar/status/1759941091489382543

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Any time Ostankya reaches out and proposes a NAP I always go with it because I have a feeling I don't want to gently caress with the spooky Russian witch. This is largely the same reason I don't gently caress with wood elfs. That and drowning in arrows.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
After reading that story they really need to add a magic wood to Kislev.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

jokes posted:

Any time Ostankya reaches out and proposes a NAP I always go with it because I have a feeling I don't want to gently caress with the spooky Russian witch. This is largely the same reason I don't gently caress with wood elfs. That and drowning in arrows.

Fighting Mama Stank is weird as hell, she seems to save every single hex she has for the first fight and then blows them all at once. If you can make it past that she's basically the same as any other Kislev faction (meaning, still annoying as hell and not very fun to fight)

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

ninjahedgehog posted:

Fighting Mama Stank is weird as hell, she seems to save every single hex she has for the first fight and then blows them all at once. If you can make it past that she's basically the same as any other Kislev faction (meaning, still annoying as hell and not very fun to fight)

She does. The AI doesn't use hexes in autoresolve and all AI vs AI battles are by definition autoresolve. It's not too different from Ikit's nuke.

I think they need to make the supporters race 3 way (Faith, Ice Court, wildlands) and assign a few units and a hero from each faction. As you go further up the scale you get access or discounts to each type before confederation.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Zerkovich closeup of the new units:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rATxfbmQYSA

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Noo you can't add age of sigmar looking units

CA:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

kanonvandekempen
Mar 14, 2009
Patch notes are out
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/tww3-update-420/

No reworks for the 3 factions, as expected.

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019

kanonvandekempen posted:

Patch notes are out
https://www.totalwar.com/blog/tww3-update-420/

No reworks for the 3 factions, as expected.

There were some interesting changes, like crowmen being yin units now and jet lion preventing the units it attacks from using magic.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Unfortunately the Cathay campaign is boring as poo poo despite the unit buffs.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Spawn-Kin – This ability encourages synergy between Skinks and Kroxigors.

When Skinks and Kroxigors are in close proximity to one another:

Skink units gain the Causes Fear Attribute
Kroxigor units a small buff to their Weapon Strength

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Glorious Charge – This attribute originally comes from the Kislev army book, being a unique trait of Winged Lancers and the Gryphon Legion. When charging into an enemy unit Charge Bonus duration is doubled and the enemy unit takes a Leadership penalty as if they have been attacked in the flank.

The following units have Glorious Charge:

Winged Lancers
Gryphon Legion
Boris Ursus (Mounted on horse)
The Golden Knight (Mounted on horse)
Settra the Imperishable riding the Chariot of the Gods

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

AKSHINA AMBUSHERS
Removed Splash Attacks
Calibration Distance: 150 → 120
This is a large net reduction in their effective accuracy at the extreme edges of their range.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I am staring at these winged lancers now

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?

CA 3d Modeler, working feverishly: "Whine about their bears now, fuckers."

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Welp looks like I'm doing a Cathay Sentinel army

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

Lotta stuff in that patch

I R SMART LIKE ROCK
Mar 10, 2003

I just want a hug.

Fun Shoe

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

The gently caress did I just watch

Army of Darkness the game

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Finally some changes to the bloom.

And corruption border not looking as terrible as the last years.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

I think in like five years I won’t need any mods!

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I think I didn't give the new Frost Worm enough credit. I expected it to just use Salamander animations, but looking at Turin's video it either has a lot of its own custom anims or I'm just not sure where they're pulled from. For example, it kind of coils itself up almost like a snake as one of its idles, and when you charge it in it breathes a bunch of icebreath as it walks.

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

Also happy to get an unexpected lizard campaign inspiration from this. Thought i may have played them to death in two.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009

I have to go now, my planet needs me

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
IRIDESCENT HORROR [MOUNT: DISCO OF TZEENTCH]

Added Attribute(s): Strider

Really hoping that mount has music to go along with it. Maybe a little dance?

Cranappleberry
Jan 27, 2009
we'll find out later that units get stuck and have path finding issues because they are actually just one model with many removable parts

Twigand Berries
Sep 7, 2008

There’s an entry for dwarfs under the greenskins header. Uh oh.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

Twigand Berries posted:

There’s an entry for dwarfs under the greenskins header. Uh oh.

If you can't beat 'em...

not a bot
Jan 9, 2019
Those stunties got tired of getting Grimgored. I almost used the word grew but we're talking about dwarves here.

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the Wall St.
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Most of all of the various units that are now typified as constructs or elementals also lost Unbreakable. Dunno how I feel about that.

Exalted Flamers’ attacks now spawn a moving vortex. That could be fun! I didn’t use too many of those types of units when I last played Tzeentch.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Jeez those lizardman buffs from sobek

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

Jarvisi posted:

Jeez those lizardman buffs from sobek

They are the perfect buff. Lore friendly, encourage specific setups that teach you core game meta, scales well with units tiering up (this is going to be brutal with crest+ancient) and added to some units that could use some punch up. Soooo many players don't know to mix in your monstrous inf with regular infantry. 10/10 on what 4.2 is adding, I'd call this a tentative 8/10 dlc pending getting my actual hands on the patch.

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!
With that immune to flanking thing, does that mean immune to the leadership debuff or does that mean they don't suffer the MD penalty for being attacked from the rear?

TaintedBalance
Dec 21, 2006

hope, n: desire accompanied by expectation of or belief in fulfilment

Squibbles posted:

With that immune to flanking thing, does that mean immune to the leadership debuff or does that mean they don't suffer the MD penalty for being attacked from the rear?

Given the unit that got it, I'm assuming all three. And I say that because your question shows a slight misunderstanding of the mechanics. Attacked in rear and flanking are separate things technically, as are the leadership and MD penalty. Since it's on a SEM with a giant gently caress you tail spike and heavy side plating I'm assuming it's immune to rear as well.

Flanked = -6 ld at the unit level, -30% MD at the entity level
Rear charged = -14 ld at the unit level, -60% MD at the entity level

A unit can be rear charged while any given entity in the unit could be facing the rear charging force. However, these are obviously one and the same for SEMs (there are some additional exceptions to this I'm not equipped to understand off the top of my head while phone posting).

Mercrom
Jul 17, 2009
I am currently running a pretty heavily modded game and I don't want to update yet. What is the easiest way to keep playing with the same game files I currently have? Do I just set it to only update when launched and then when I want to play it I start steam in offline mode?

Squibbles
Aug 24, 2000

Mwaha ha HA ha!

TaintedBalance posted:

Given the unit that got it, I'm assuming all three. And I say that because your question shows a slight misunderstanding of the mechanics. Attacked in rear and flanking are separate things technically, as are the leadership and MD penalty. Since it's on a SEM with a giant gently caress you tail spike and heavy side plating I'm assuming it's immune to rear as well.

Flanked = -6 ld at the unit level, -30% MD at the entity level
Rear charged = -14 ld at the unit level, -60% MD at the entity level

A unit can be rear charged while any given entity in the unit could be facing the rear charging force. However, these are obviously one and the same for SEMs (there are some additional exceptions to this I'm not equipped to understand off the top of my head while phone posting).

It is reasonable. I just wasn't sure because there's the condition "flanked" when you hover over a unit that's been attacked from the side/rear. I assumed that was separate from the MD penalties but I guess not.

Either way that makes those guys more survivable. I wonder if they considered giving it to any other units. Like the steam tank or stegadon.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?

Mercrom posted:

I am currently running a pretty heavily modded game and I don't want to update yet. What is the easiest way to keep playing with the same game files I currently have? Do I just set it to only update when launched and then when I want to play it I start steam in offline mode?

They usually enable a beta for the previous patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa

Mercrom posted:

Assuming you are playing on steam: right click on the game, go to properties, Betas, and then under Beta Participation just select an older version of the game.