Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

twistedmentat posted:

Ah, I thought they might be Bergs. I guess you get him to take them, he trips out, runs off and you can drown him in a toilet or something.

Poison the smokes with Berg's psychedelic chemicals and he'll wash his face in the shed out the back of the farmhouse, specifically. That's absolutely one of those intended easy kill spots. Hitman is often basically a somewhat freeform puzzle game.

Colorado is a stage that's interesting for specifically mixing up the traits of other Hitman maps; almost everyone is armed, there's no safe civilian areas and in general you gotta Metal Gear your way around for SASO. However, that makes it rather a pain for Freelancer for that reason, since it bucks the assumptions of other maps that the objectives are built around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I admittedly got a kick out of doing SASO on Colorado once because it can be quite thrilling having to dodge all the patrols and what-have-you, but I don't think I'd ever want to do it again, lol.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Oh definitely, I really gotta break my habits of trying to do SA and even SO on almost everything because it's killing me. Still gives me a tingle like no other when I pull it off with Elusive Targets, though.

There's a lot of fun to be had with a new map or even going back to an old one and rediscovering it, since kinda the fun of Hitman is entering a particular location that's meant to be heavily secure, and often hosting a crowded formal event, (and a lot of the time, with security compromised by trying to have both at once) and have to look at it through the lens of everything they don't want you to do, variously hiding from supervision and using social conventions as a cover.

Ghost Leviathan fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Feb 21, 2024

Wizard of the Deep
Sep 25, 2005

Another productive workday
Guess who's back?

He's also part of a three-level arcade escalation, "The Ouroboros". No indication that is temporary/time-limited?

Rythian
Dec 31, 2007

You take what comes, and the rest is void.

Hell yes.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Cool, I've never done the Undying.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Bring back Gary Busey you cowards!

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

Ghostlight posted:

Cool, I've never done the Undying.

It's practically a playground compared to any other ET, making it fantastic promo material for free players (and a weird choice for a licensed likeness, though hopefully that's now resolved). Looks like we're getting a new pistol with this one, too.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Discendo Vox posted:

It's practically a playground compared to any other ET, making it fantastic promo material for free players (and a weird choice for a licensed likeness, though hopefully that's now resolved). Looks like we're getting a new pistol with this one, too.

If you're talking about the pistol in the trailer, it's themed after the movie Ronin. I wonder if there will be new content somehow tied to that, or if it's just an Easter egg.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Shooting Blanks posted:

If you're talking about the pistol in the trailer, it's themed after the movie Ronin. I wonder if there will be new content somehow tied to that, or if it's just an Easter egg.

47 sets up a kill by repainting the boathouse at Hereford so the target gets the answer wrong and Robert DeNiro decides not to take any chances this time.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Roadmap announced for the Undying and additional content:

https://ioi.dk/hitman?panel=https%3A%2F%2Fioi.dk%2Fhitman%2Froadmaps%2F2024%2Fseason-of-undying

Looks like a paid cosmetic DLC, some returning ETs (including the Undying), and a few new challenges/unlocks. Nothing too surprising, really.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I've never played the Sean Bean one so that will be exciting at least. :)

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Drop a new map, IOI. :mad:

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Discendo Vox posted:

The whole premise is a joke about how Sean Bean is almost always cast as characters who end up dying.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The_Doctor posted:

Drop a new map, IOI. :mad:

The ONLY other alternative is a complete remake of Blood Money in the new Hitman style, it's either one or the other, IOI :colbert:

Okay okay fine, I'll go easy on you... you can do both too, as a treat.

double nine
Aug 8, 2013

as long as there's no herd of cows involved I'm good

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

double nine posted:

as long as there's no herd of cows involved I'm good

Finally, the cow level. With exclusive disguise.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm so confused why the Elusive Targets now show how long till the LAST in the batch goes live. Last I checked it was "arrives in 6 days" then suddenly it became "14 days" but if you look at the targets you see there are two more coming before then, one in a couple of hours!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Lmao the HWK Covert pistol is a lot shittier than the assassin's one. I managed to miss and not kill a syndicate leader point blank and got to haul rear end to safety after magdumping to finish it

Whatever Works lol

Jerusalem posted:

I'm so confused why the Elusive Targets now show how long till the LAST in the batch goes live. Last I checked it was "arrives in 6 days" then suddenly it became "14 days" but if you look at the targets you see there are two more coming before then, one in a couple of hours!

What the hell lol, I need one more SA for the suit (I've been lazy) and figured it'd be next month

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

This channel is awesome but they finally did a Hitman video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPQVr120OGQ

Root Bear
Nov 15, 2004

DARKEST SKETCH
Can't stop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9SWqqC4evo

WON'T STOP.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-oa1quyohM

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

i love the bounce you get from thames at ~40s in.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

RBA Starblade posted:

Lmao the HWK Covert pistol is a lot shittier than the assassin's one. I managed to miss and not kill a syndicate leader point blank and got to haul rear end to safety after magdumping to finish it

Whatever Works lol

What the hell lol, I need one more SA for the suit (I've been lazy) and figured it'd be next month

There is never a reason to use that pistol unless you're taking Sgail as your actual first mission after a prestige. Ambrose, Mendoza, and Dubai all have concealable, suppressed SMGs that are better than that pistol.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Shooting Blanks posted:

There is never a reason to use that pistol unless you're taking Sgail as your actual first mission after a prestige. Ambrose, Mendoza, and Dubai all have concealable, suppressed SMGs that are better than that pistol.

I keep forgetting about those and just default to pistols, then remembering how good they are

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Prestiging has really made me realize how bad I am without a suppressed weapon and the Sieker to rely on :negative:

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

404notfound posted:

Prestiging has really made me realize how bad I am without a suppressed weapon and the Sieker to rely on :negative:

It's largely a matter of target selection. Every map has a handful of targets that would be difficult or nearly impossible without one or both, but none that are impossible. I don't think it would be too difficult to get through a full campaign using only items found on the map - but it would be fairly time consuming compared to going into every map with a pistol, dart guns, lockpick, duck, lethal poison, etc.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Is Silent Assassin ET 2 bugged? I had 4/5 before finishing Forger again, got SA, and it's still at 4/5. It's not a big deal, I have the other winter suit, but it's the principle of the thing

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Shooting Blanks posted:

It's largely a matter of target selection. Every map has a handful of targets that would be difficult or nearly impossible without one or both, but none that are impossible. I don't think it would be too difficult to get through a full campaign using only items found on the map - but it would be fairly time consuming compared to going into every map with a pistol, dart guns, lockpick, duck, lethal poison, etc.

The house itself provides a surprising amount of options. By the 70s when you can start prestiging you will have access to fiber wire (stethoscope), banana, various melee weapons, wrench, emetic poison, lethal poison (both poisons either edible or syringe), and an explosive which I haven't actually used yet, I'm not sure if it is impact or remote triggered. Plus you get to keep your lockpick and coin on prestige. I was surprised when I did a full inventory before I prestiged and realized just how much stuff I could get away with.

Rochallor
Apr 23, 2010

ふっっっっっっっっっっっっck

Gadzuko posted:

The house itself provides a surprising amount of options. By the 70s when you can start prestiging you will have access to fiber wire (stethoscope), banana, various melee weapons, wrench, emetic poison, lethal poison (both poisons either edible or syringe), and an explosive which I haven't actually used yet, I'm not sure if it is impact or remote triggered. Plus you get to keep your lockpick and coin on prestige. I was surprised when I did a full inventory before I prestiged and realized just how much stuff I could get away with.

Can you get emetic poison in the safehouse? I know you can get sedative by catching a fish and lethal from the mushroom that is labeled emetic (???).

The lockpick thing is weird but a welcome bonus, and it reminded me of a tangentially related gripe I had: the Doors Stay Locked objective should be No Lockpicks / No Shooting Locks. Using keys that you find on the map should be allowed, drat it!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

you gotta jam the whole mushroom in the syringe machine - the distiller in the shed is what switches it to lethal poison

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Hitman megathread: you gotta jam the whole mushroom in the syringe machine

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

Gadzuko posted:

There is also a grape bunch for a second slip (grape knife from the dartboard on the shed, grapes in the garden), a rusty nail laying around in the grass like the mushroom, a car battery in the garage, and various lethal/nonlethal throwables. You can also take a free briefcase to any map if you want to smuggle something, just go fishing until you catch a driftwood and carry that in.

Gadzuko
Feb 14, 2005

Rochallor posted:

Can you get emetic poison in the safehouse? I know you can get sedative by catching a fish and lethal from the mushroom that is labeled emetic (???).

The lockpick thing is weird but a welcome bonus, and it reminded me of a tangentially related gripe I had: the Doors Stay Locked objective should be No Lockpicks / No Shooting Locks. Using keys that you find on the map should be allowed, drat it!

Ooh I didn't know about the fish. I hadn't even thought to try catching one, I assumed it was just a roleplay kind of thing.

Fully agree about the key thing too, that got me once opening the door to the ICA safehouse in Sapienza. :argh:

Shooting Blanks posted:

There is also a grape bunch for a second slip (grape knife from the dartboard on the shed, grapes in the garden), a rusty nail laying around in the grass like the mushroom, a car battery in the garage, and various lethal/nonlethal throwables. You can also take a free briefcase to any map if you want to smuggle something, just go fishing until you catch a driftwood and carry that in.

Didn't know about grapes either, that's handy.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Doors Stay Locked is flatly untrue, besides. Doors can be unlocked just fine if you go through the unlocked side, or if an NPC opens them. Neither penalizes you.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

RBA Starblade posted:

Is Silent Assassin ET 2 bugged? I had 4/5 before finishing Forger again, got SA, and it's still at 4/5. It's not a big deal, I have the other winter suit, but it's the principle of the thing

It may require 5 different targets, though I sure hope not.

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Gadzuko posted:

Do you mean the coin in the freelancer tools or the collector's one that goes on the wall? Because last I heard the one from the tools is impossible to get because they forgot to put it in the game or something. Did they finally patch it?

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
bomb is free, suspicious, and remote triggered

if nothing else it's a 0 inventory space "open safe" button that gets the prestige objective

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Shooting Blanks posted:

You can also take a free briefcase to any map if you want to smuggle something, just go fishing until you catch a driftwood and carry that in.

Oh that's smart, I never thought about that!

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

you can do it with the car battery as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

On the flip side of that I am very slightly annoyed that if you pick up one of the canisters and then another large item like a baseball bat or the saber or something in the house, it won't let you even though once you go to the level itself the canister is in a briefcase and if you do find a baseball bat etc in the level you can carry both around.

Edit: Unless of course it was just my game glitching out!

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Feb 24, 2024