Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴
85 minutes of Ringo saying something very stupid, everyone laughing while he acts like a good sport about it, and then crying once he's alone that he said something else dumb like that there's 8 days in a week or that he doesn't even smoke (while smoking a cigarette).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

Baron von Eevl posted:

85 minutes of Ringo saying something very stupid, everyone laughing while he acts like a good sport about it, and then crying once he's alone that he said something else dumb like that there's 8 days in a week or that he doesn't even smoke (while smoking a cigarette).
look, Ringo was a serious bodybuilder back then ok?

Flying Zamboni
May 7, 2007

but, uh... well, there it is

The Paul movie should be an intense 90 minute conspiracy thriller about the Paul Is Dead conspiracy.

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001

Flying Zamboni posted:

The Paul movie should be an intense 90 minute conspiracy thriller about the Paul Is Dead conspiracy.

All four should form a Rashomon like narrative when watched together hashing out the conflicting memories of who killed paul and why.

McCartney's movie should be the only one told through the framing device of a spirit medium contacting the dead.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
The kings speech

But for writing “simply having a wonderful Christmas time”

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

I hate The Beatles

live with fruit
Aug 15, 2010
This would be more exciting if Mendes had made a good movie in the past twenty years.

Enderzero
Jun 19, 2001

The snowflake button makes it
cold cold cold
Set temperature makes it
hold hold hold

Professor Shark posted:

I hate The Beatles

I really do. I know how much they contributed but I just can’t get into it

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012
This could be just the Warner execs not getting the film and deciding to dump in Janruary but I feel like the date might work for it, dropping it after a Christmas with very few spectacle films (thanks to the strikes), just as the awards season kicks off (with the boost it gives to more off-kilter riskier fare).

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1760110397321859265

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/ogremode/status/1760053588280139808?s=20

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
"Who are the egg men?"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Stealth Sonic 3 tie in.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

well why not posted:

Beatles post credits scene is Eric Clapton trying coke for the first time and glaring into a mirror with red eyes screaming racist slurs.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

The D in Detroit posted:

I think it's really cool that their first promotional photo is a recreation of the poster for Disney's Holes

I was going to say the exact same thing!

Leave
Feb 7, 2012

Taking the term "Koopaling" to a whole new level since 2016.

The D in Detroit posted:

I think it's really cool that their first promotional photo is a recreation of the poster for Disney's Holes

It's a stealth sequel; Kissin' Kate Barlow had been searching for treasure, and it was a Vault being protected by yellow spotted lizards

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

fatherboxx posted:

This casting is so silly it makes me imagine a Hollywood Persona adaptation with all leads being 45+

If someone was forced to adapt Persona 3 at psychic gunpoint then I could see this— and would even tentatively say it’s a smart idea

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

The cast of borderlands makes more sense when you realize most them are people who worked with Roth before, and with each other and Eli Roth is a horror guy

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU_NKNZljoQ

Trailer dropped.

And... :effort:
Definitely not feeling it. But points for making Claptrap even more annoying I guess.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Professor Shark posted:

I hate The Beatles

I like them tbh.

Chairman Capone
Dec 17, 2008

Professor Shark posted:

I hate The Beatles

Peace and love, peace and love.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Chairman Capone posted:

Peace and love, peace and love.

*beats wife*

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

They made the alien do the Dreamworks smile??

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Jack Black’s voice as it is in the trailer is too deep for Claptrap

They need to pitch shift that up a bunch

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Every once in a while a movie gets brought up that I completely forgot existed even though I saw it in the theater and today that would be Paul.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I love Paul. I think it’s very cute. You can definitely see “oh yeah without wright these guys aren’t super as good”

But it’s still better than wrights solo movies sans Scott pilgram

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Flying Zamboni posted:

His interview with Chris Farley is used as a framing device.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Gavok posted:

His interview with Chris Farley is used as a framing device.

Movie should end with the SNL reunion concert actually happening, ushering in a new golden age ala the ending of Gladiator.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Cooked Auto posted:

Trailer dropped.

Definitely not feeling it. But points for making Claptrap even more annoying I guess.

For how many vehicles there were in that trailer there was a conspicuous lack of anyone being told to catch a ride.

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

galagazombie posted:

Movie should end with the SNL reunion concert actually happening, ushering in a new golden age ala the ending of Gladiator.

Ringo happily agrees to get paid less than the others.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
Four separate biopics about the making of Yellow Submarine, with a twist reveal - at the end of hour 10 - that we’ve been following the voice actors and not the actual Beatles.

Almost Blue
Apr 18, 2018

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Four separate biopics about the making of Yellow Submarine, with a twist reveal - at the end of hour 10 - that we’ve been following the voice actors and not the actual Beatles.

Then the back half of the George and Ringo movies would have to be the same.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Almost Blue posted:

Then the back half of the George and Ringo movies would have to be the same.

[shouts Albert Pyunishly] YES, VERY GOOD!

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Cooked Auto posted:

But points for making Claptrap even more annoying I guess.

How is that even possible

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

I guess I learned a thing today

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012
Another reschedule to 2025

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1760454985748197699

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1760455935237980445?t=-pUiNMCJFQS0iuObnjGixw&s=19
Really surprised this is finally coming out after all the false starts and resets.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Lol

Why would you hire the Underworld guy

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It is kind of weird out of all the characters in Borderlands they decided to have Krieg be one of the main characters of the movie. Also his actor (Florian Munteanu) doesn't get credited even though everyone else does.

High Warlord Zog
Dec 12, 2012

Shageletic posted:

Lol

Why would you hire the Underworld guy

John Wick is basically urban fantasy with the werewolves, vampires and fairies swapped out for gangsters, assassins and aristocrats.

Knowing Chad's background it might be be because (theorising here) he has a reputation for treating his stunt teams well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Cooked Auto posted:

Trailer dropped.

Really going hard on making people think of Guardians of thr Galaxy.