Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Jack the Lad posted:

Has there been any followup on SQ42 since it was announced as feature complete?

I remember when they got the music producer(?) guys in with some extra investment that was supposed to pay for the SQ42 release marketing push a few years ago.

Umm a true follower knows the first 6 months of the year are for planning

So everyone is heads down at their global offices planning

Planning on how many lines to code snort this month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
At least four month from now when they go into their 6 month end of year review, well know how well the planning went

lobsterminator
Oct 16, 2012

There's been a lot of FUD in this thread lately. People should have more trust in CRobert's vision.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
https://packaged-media.redd.it/chgv...4945bea645a#t=0

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

9 months and counting since squadron 42 was removed from their store. Feature complete, but also early days

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

No Mods No Masters posted:

9 months and counting since squadron 42 was removed from their store. Feature complete, but also early days

Look it's not so simple to change the price on a digital item

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

so they were selling it before it was done, now its done, and theyve stopped selling it?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Worf posted:

so they were selling it before it was done, now its done, and theyve stopped selling it?

:chrisrobertstappinghisforhead:

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
The speculation is it was a potential legal issue (I think in Europe) selling a product that wasn't actually available. The official CIG explanation it was taken down for a price adjustment but it's been 9 months.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

Popete posted:

Look it's not so simple to change the price on a digital item

Yeah. It’s not like it’s just a JPEG you can edit. There has to be an actual “purchase” function, which is far more complex and also the person who knew how to code it left CIG for a much better job designing grocery store automated checkout software.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Inspector Hound posted:

Lol why would this be necessary

You would know the answer to that if you actually understood game design, FUDster.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
They decided that it was time for a full refactor on pricing. Soon: pricing 2.0

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Given the choice between spending $48k on a star citizen or lighting $48k on literal fire, I would probably pick the one you could actually make a fun game out of 🔥🔥🔥

Aqua Seafoam Shame
Aug 20, 2018

by astral

Apollodorus posted:

Yeah. It’s not like it’s just a JPEG you can edit. There has to be an actual “purchase” function, which is far more complex and also the person who knew how to code it left CIG for a much better job designing grocery store automated checkout software.

And like the price is hardcoded into the Perl code and nobody can find it anymore.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Sindai posted:

They decided that it was time for a full refactor on pricing. Soon: pricing 2.0

The price will eventually have its own simulated inner life and will sometimes be asleep or go on vacations

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
I answered the call. Turns out I need to buy a time share in Florida!

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Jobbo_Fett posted:

I answered the call. Turns out I need to buy a time share in Florida!

You’ve seen Stanton and Hurston, now get ready for…Bradenton!

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
If you told me using a ladder or trying to walk up a ramp just somehow killed you in Florida I wouldn't even question it.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

ashpanash posted:

The price will eventually have its own simulated inner life and will sometimes be asleep or go on vacations

The grift of that store becoming the first sentient AI being would be peak capitalism.

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Khanstant posted:

Game still not out, starting to get suspicious if it ever will be.

FUD and needs to be called out as such

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

quote:

CitizenCon 2954 returns to Manchester Central on October 19-20, 2024!

How do you top our biggest and best CitizenCon to date? You’ll have to come to Manchester this October to find out. We’re already sure this will be our best one yet. Join us to celebrate CitizenCon 2954, the epic adventures ahead, and the vibrant community that makes it all possible.

I guess it makes you wonder how the citizens would rank the citizen cons. I guess the most recent one is always the best, all the bullshit of all the previous ones blissfully forgotten

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Chris Roberts, citizen, con man

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time
CIG still haven't filed their 2022 accounts. Going over a month late is not something we have seen since the first 5 or 6 years of this "project".
They did update Ortwin's correspondence address and this is the first year that the subsidiary, Gemini 42 Productions Limited will file accounts / be part of the group accounts. (Nature of business: 59111 - Motion picture production activities). Kind of interested if there is anything about this in the filings when/if they get around to filing.

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001
Aw, poo poo, that means Pisscat's going to start up again about how rich the Star Citizen universe is and how many blockbuster movies and TV shows and action figures and breakfast cereals are going to be coming to take advantage of that and make CIG a multi-trillion-dollar industry unto itself. Brace yourselves.

Mellow_
Sep 13, 2010

:frog:

Trilobite posted:

Aw, poo poo, that means Pisscat's going to start up again about how rich the Star Citizen universe is and how many blockbuster movies and TV shows and action figures and breakfast cereals are going to be coming to take advantage of that and make CIG a multi-trillion-dollar industry unto itself. Brace yourselves.

:dance:

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
How sure are we that Pisscat isn’t actually like the dril of Star Citizen? Just a massive troll and shitposter that churns out (comedy) goldmine posts but not for humorous reasons.

So like the anti-dril. :shrug:

Like I could see it being a bit but that’s because the internet and this hellworld has dulled all sense of what is real anymore:

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

dialhforhero posted:

How sure are we that Pisscat isn’t actually like the dril of Star Citizen? Just a massive troll and shitposter that churns out (comedy) goldmine posts but not for humorous reasons.

So like the anti-dril. :shrug:

Like I could see it being a bit but that’s because the internet and this hellworld has dulled all sense of what is real anymore:

I know what you mean, I used to think there was just no way he was sincere about any of the delusions he posts. He had to be doing a bit, he had to be deliberately trying to rope more suckers into Star Citizen so CIG could stay afloat long enough to eventually make what they've been faking, etc., etc..

But there's just too much of it for it to be a bit, or a cynical attempt to claw back some value for the money he's wasted on Star Citizen. I've accepted that he's genuinely deluded and slow-witted enough to think that everything he posts is true.

Goatson
Oct 21, 2020

The real 12 points was the Thug-Friends we made along the way
It requires a certain kind of compulsory mind-set to be forced to spend all one's free time typing walls of word salad defending a decade old game that does not exist. Is the kind of brain that def is not having fun and sure as hell can't quit

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Nah that mf isn't joking. He's written books worth of mental gymnastics on that scam

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️
tbh i have never read any of them and as soon as I see a wall of text in this thread, and/or the cat picture i just keep scrolling.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
Writing for fun is a valid way to spend time. It’s a neat hobby and it also helps clarify your own thinking to put your thoughts into words. Some people like to write poems, others like to journal, and others enjoy writing, say, science fiction stories.

Monocle Cat’s hobby is, clearly, writing about Star Citizen, which I would classify as science fiction fiction—writing untrue things about a pretend space game.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Apollodorus posted:

Writing for fun is a valid way to spend time. It’s a neat hobby and it also helps clarify your own thinking to put your thoughts into words. Some people like to write poems, others like to journal, and others enjoy writing, say, science fiction stories.

Monocle Cat’s hobby is, clearly, writing about Star Citizen, which I would classify as science fiction fiction—writing untrue things about a pretend space game.

Apollodorus posted:

He’s redefining the sci-fi fantasy genre

Wolfechu
May 2, 2009

All the world's a stage I'm going through

What do the other Citizens make of him? Does he get a bunch of replies patting him on the back after every post, or does everyone try to pretend he's not there and wish he'd go away, like some Colin Robinson figure boring their arses off?

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Wolfechu posted:

What do the other Citizens make of him? Does he get a bunch of replies patting him on the back after every post, or does everyone try to pretend he's not there and wish he'd go away, like some Colin Robinson figure boring their arses off?

this definitely positively correlates to how much theyve spent lmao

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

My favorite citizencon was the one where they announced that Theaters of War was months away from release, in 2019 or something.

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

Sandweed posted:

My favorite citizencon was the one where they announced that Theaters of War was months away from release, in 2019 or something.

tbf u can express years in months

perhaps they meant like 72 months

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

shrach posted:

CIG still haven't filed their 2022 accounts. Going over a month late is not something we have seen since the first 5 or 6 years of this "project".
They did update Ortwin's correspondence address and this is the first year that the subsidiary, Gemini 42 Productions Limited will file accounts / be part of the group accounts. (Nature of business: 59111 - Motion picture production activities). Kind of interested if there is anything about this in the filings when/if they get around to filing.

there is some extra changes coming to filing system requiring them to disclose more on shareholders.
these changes come to effect on march 4th.
it also allows them to hide personal info.

https://changestoukcompanylaw.campaign.gov.uk/

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"
You'd think all these late accounts would get HMRC's attention at some point

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Dark Off posted:

there is some extra changes coming to filing system requiring them to disclose more on shareholders.
these changes come to effect on march 4th.
it also allows them to hide personal info.

https://changestoukcompanylaw.campaign.gov.uk/

can't wait for the juicy shareholder info where it's just a list of numbered companies and shell corporations

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last King
Sep 29, 2007

In corporate R'lyeh, Cthulhu works you.

Fun Shoe

Worf posted:

I’ve spent $0 on star citizen and overpaid

time is indeed money friend.