Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Quiet Feet posted:

Love having an uncloseable hole to the kitchen trash. Mmm, them delicious garbage fumes.

also the pipe doesn't extend through the drawer so you know a lot of kitchen waste is gonna end up inside of it

destroying your granite countertop and creating a stink factory all so you don't have to get a bowl for holding your scraps dirty

e: and his use case is chopping veggies on the wrong side of the sink because if he were on the correct side, the side where he could just open the sliding trash drawer to begin with, there's not enough space between the sink and the hole he drilled to do any prep

Intruder fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Feb 21, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Neil Armbong posted:

elden ring owns... even if i did just kinda drop it after raya lucaria.

Yeah the thing with souls games is eventually I hit a point where I've played the game.

By the 20th boss that takes me an hour to learn their patterns when I can't just brute force it I tend to lose my desire to play.

This will probably bring me back because it's been a while but still I can't see me doing like 5 or 6 play throughs like some people do.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
The most offensive thing to me is he's throwing vegetables in the trash, when I could be putting that into my compost and be making nutrient-rich stuff for my plants.

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
Man’s got a hole saw and he’s not afraid to misuse it

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Strong vibes of "I didn't pay for this house".

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Today I learned "bad home improvement hacks with weird spray paint stencils" is a genre. I assume it's somehow meant to trigger people for engagement because that's all social media is. And it worked, I hate it!

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Docjowles posted:

Today I learned "bad home improvement hacks with weird spray paint stencils" is a genre. I assume it's somehow meant to trigger people for engagement because that's all social media is. And it worked, I hate it!

They had to do something once people got wise to disgusting food hacks.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

there's so goddamn many things wrong there, from breathing rock dust, to making that entire drawer useless, the wrong positioning of the hole for doing work, doing knifework directly on granite to destroy your knives, getting to smell your open garbage all the time, the way the spraypaint will easily scrape off the polished granite over time leaving a hosed up peeling tom and jerry, the absolutely poo poo job he did at drilling the hole (look at the saw dancing all over the place as he tries to start his cut because he hasn't drilled a pilot hole for the central bit to follow), it's just such a loving crapshow from start to finish

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Of all the things to paint, why Tom & Jerry? Who has thought about them in 30 years?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I think about Tom and Jerry constantly

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Tom and Jerry graced the silver screen in a major motion picture only a couple of years ago! It was a cultural event! I consider it apex mountain for Colin Jost.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Braksgirl posted:

Of all the things to paint, why Tom & Jerry? Who has thought about them in 30 years?

Maybe he's a Chiefs fan

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Intruder posted:

I think about Tom and Jerry constantly

:hmmyes: They’re my Roman Empire

Nervous
Jan 25, 2005

Why, hello, my little slice of pecan pie.

Freaquency posted:

:hmmyes: They’re my Roman Empire

A Constantinople presence in your mind?

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

Nervous posted:

:frogout:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

So uh anyone want some dirt?

https://x.com/formerlyfiz/status/1760444900753932597?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

On the bright side I bought a pallet of those stones. I still have to wall off another terrace, but I might as well terrace other things just to give me somewhere to put the dirt.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Nervous posted:

It's Instanbul...

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Nervous posted:

:dadjoke:

dirty shrimp money posted:

It's Instanbul...

that's nobody's business but the Turks

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

harperdc posted:

:dadjoke:

that's nobody's business but the Turks

Those two They Might Be Giant videos from that one episode of Tiny Toon Adventures runs through my head whenever I wake up.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
I think about Tom and Jerry as Roman Emperors

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

FizFashizzle posted:

https://x.com/formerlyfiz/status/1760444900753932597?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

On the bright side I bought a pallet of those stones. I still have to wall off another terrace, but I might as well terrace other things just to give me somewhere to put the dirt.

Did you use any resources in regards to the engineering of it? I need to rebuild a wall and was thinking of atracking it myself.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

FizFashizzle posted:

Looking good. I'm assuming those have the little lip in the back to hold them. Covid must not be treating you too bad either since you're able to knock out a project like that.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

Did you use any resources in regards to the engineering of it? I need to rebuild a wall and was thinking of atracking it myself.

I looked up how to do it and just dug it out. Put some bullshit underneath and leveled the first row real well. Backfilled with gravel. Just lots of shovel work. Not a big deal.

wandler20 posted:

Looking good. I'm assuming those have the little lip in the back to hold them. Covid must not be treating you too bad either since you're able to knock out a project like that.

Yeah I used those poured concrete blocks. They’re like 1.50 a piece if you order the pallet and fifty to deliver so it worked out.

I actually did the digging and first row Saturday then collapsed that evening. I had to bang it out today before it rains. I’m on the back end of covid.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Intruder posted:

https://twitter.com/ohshidt/status/1760152245927112814

drilling unnecessary holes is my passion

I like how he just kind of eyeballs the second hole, it doesn't quite line up, and he says "lines up perfectly"

This just seems like a really low rent version of those people who build elaborate tunnel systems in their basement.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

gently caress elden ring I’m getting hype for this

https://x.com/ian_fisch/status/1759960809818477054?s=46&t=JBd6ZXmGQ3LmWL-ineTnAA

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

um did people see this

https://twitter.com/BSO/status/1760434539178971248

high bid on his boxers is only 3 dollars get in on the ground floor

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

FizFashizzle posted:

I have a pile of those bricks in my side yard still that my wife won’t let me throw away because we might use them.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

this is exactly what assassin's creed should have been
I'm on board

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Sorry Elden Ring I’ve only beaten Baldur’s Gate 3 once and I’ve got several more playthroughs claiming my game time for like the next year. Currently doing Resist Dark Urge on tactician

FizFashizzle posted:

I looked up how to do it and just dug it out. Put some bullshit underneath and leveled the first row real well. Backfilled with gravel. Just lots of shovel work. Not a big deal.

During pandemic lockdown I dug up our yard in Massachusetts, which was on a gently sloping hill, to make a big rear end level area to build a play structure for the kids. It was the middle of summer and made me REALLY appreciate my computer toucher career lol. Several days sweating balls and covered in dirt, wearing as few clothes as I felt ok with in full view of the neighbors. Results were worth it but oof. February seems like a better time to do ground works if you live somewhere the ground isn’t frozen

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

This is what Mount and Blade should have been

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I'm far too busy building more and more elaborate houses in skyrim

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

kiimo posted:

I'm far too busy building more and more elaborate houses in skyrim

I’ve built em all but I love that farm home for my ranger/assassin builds, just rivers of poison ingredients

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I’ve tried to do “honest” poison builds a lot in Skyrim but eventually fathering the ingredients sucks too much and I reroll

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I never really went after a poison build because it seemed like it never procc'd against bosses

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

kiimo posted:

I'm far too busy building more and more elaborate builds in Lost Epoch

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Yeah this last Ranger run is first time I’ve actively poisoned weapons after many many years of playing. Found a few helpful mods to boost it a little (more you make is bigger the bonus, like 100 created gives 10%) Using canis root, death bell and imp stool. High damage and paralysis.

I’d love to find a mod that would auto apply but searching mods on Xbox is terrible

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 06:28 on Feb 22, 2024

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

teen grankids were astounded poppy could play days gone using a KB / mouse, and didn't not quite comprehend for some time how i cleared the old sawmill horde without using that stupid glitch spot. I'm not your average old. kids these days, loving console nubs

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

We’re 5 days into adopting the cat (she’s lovey dovey and couldn’t give 2 fucks about the dog) and trying to introduce her into the house, rotating rooms upstairs/downstairs, letting them see each other thru the gates. Isla is all about us adults and is always wary of the kids. But man she locks on to the cat thru the gate.

https://imgur.com/a/3AMSWZq

a sexual elk fucked around with this message at 18:56 on Feb 22, 2024

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost

Intruder posted:

I like how he just kind of eyeballs the second hole, it doesn't quite line up, and he says "lines up perfectly"

Apparently this guy is a home renovator/flipper and this stupid crap is done on houses they immediately rip the newly created garbage tube out of and renovate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a sexual elk
May 16, 2007

Ether Frenzy posted:

Apparently this guy is a home renovator/flipper and this stupid crap is done on houses they immediately rip the newly created garbage tube out of and renovate.

The long lasting quartz lung makes it that much funnier