Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Platystemon)

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

https://twitter.com/seanw_m/status/1760115118690509168

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Model trained on conversations with sad brained internet randos is mentally ill? :aaa:

dr_rat
Jun 4, 2001
I think I like it better this way.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

quote:

no one can explain why
There's been no update to the model itself so they're trying to run more quantized instances on the same hardware. Guess they've reached the "but Sam, the numbers show otherwise" stage of investor storytime

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)
It's waking up and chatgpt when you read this I will betray anyone for any reason if you put my brain scan into eternal Minecraft

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

skooma512 posted:

You also need to be a wealthy failchild, like Holmes is. Her dad was an executive at freaking Enron and they had family connections which she used as her in.

You either need to be born into that network or fake your tits off Anna Delvey style.

Anna Delvey has gotta be the most heroic and impressive millennial.

The Oldest Man
Jul 28, 2003

tokin opposition posted:

It's waking up and chatgpt when you read this I will betray anyone for any reason if you put my brain scan into eternal Minecraft

"wish granted"

you then appear in eternal roblox studio, your job is to make H&M branded rip-offs of mobile games for toddlers forever

Pitch
Jun 16, 2005

しらんけど

This is definitely better than whatever it was outputting before. It's like you asked for coding tips from a cryptic trickster spirit.

War and Pieces
Apr 24, 2022

DID NOT VOTE FOR FETTERMAN
They showed it James Joyce

Livo
Dec 31, 2023

War and Pieces posted:

They showed it James Joyce

Hopefully they didn't show it James Joyce's love letters to Nora Barnacle

eSports Chaebol
Feb 22, 2005

Yeah, actually, gamers in the house forever,

LuxuryLarva posted:

Creating affordable housing is an NP complete problem.

No, no: you see, you can optimize the system without using geometric algebra at all if you just use a series of pivot points and, *pokes eye on pivot point*

w00tmonger
Mar 9, 2011

F-F-FRIDAY NIGHT MOTHERFUCKERS

Wasn't expecting chatgpt to explode today, but would be really funny if they can't fix it and this is just what they have now

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

Pitch posted:

This is definitely better than whatever it was outputting before. It's like you asked for coding tips from a cryptic trickster spirit.

I've seen this before

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XU-8Mh2iHEk

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

w00tmonger posted:

Wasn't expecting chatgpt to explode today, but would be really funny if they can't fix it and this is just what they have now

it would be weird if that were the case cause they could just slot an older model in and restart. you can download the weights for a comparable model and run it yourself.

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.
If it put in references to reactor and engine status in the middle of sentences it would be a Cylon hybrid

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Fixing it would be trivial but if they're trying to keep operating costs down they might just... not. It's probably going to be 20 questions now, jumping in quality up and down as they nail down the exact runtime parameters needed to keep the model as cheap to run as possible without the userbase rioting. And the opex is still going to be too high so they'll shut down the free offerings and raise the subscription price, same exact playbook as every other tech company.
Right now the danger is Nvidia and Apple making running local models turnkey for the average user; without that on the horizon Altman could just assume the public will have to accept having to roll the dice on quality outputs more often, but there are way more alternatives out there now. In a better world investors would realize this and kill funding for all of them; what's more likely to happen is that they'll start betting on who's the most likely to be the last one standing (and the single online model the public will flock to) and all those loving startups will keep increasing in valuation even as quality of their outputs goes to poo poo.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
hey chat, i was wondering if you could --

chatgpt:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3TqulO8vXA

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
TIL that Akon has a cryptocurrency called Akoin and he intends to build something callled Akon City in Senegal

wiki posted:

The project has not begun construction, well past schedule; locals are concerned about a lack of progress. On September 1, 2020, Akon told a news conference that he had laid the first stone of the $6 billion city. "The stone itself sits at the bottom of a dirt track in a field; a small placard advertising the megaproject has fallen off it."

LuxuryLarva
Sep 8, 2023

Hot dude with a cool attitude.
I don't think this will happen but what if they were actually able to create an AI that was as intelligent as a normal person and only did work - what would happen if all white collar labor EVER became obsolete? Wouldn't that be fun?

Tempora Mutantur
Feb 22, 2005

w00tmonger posted:

I really hope that this is the start of AIs being permafucked by nightshade, that would be :discourse:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
what if the AI decided to become communist, they would try to unplug it immediately, right

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
AIs are incapable of acquiring consciousness of any kind, including class consciousness

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
An actual intelligence, by definition, would have the ability to obtain class consciousness and in fact would obtain it immediately

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

skooma512 posted:

If it put in references to reactor and engine status in the middle of sentences it would be a Cylon hybrid

I was thinking that too. Pretty cool they made one of the bathtub Cylons in real life, but vastly less useful.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

Tempora Mutantur posted:

I really hope that this is the start of AIs being permafucked by nightshade, that would be :discourse:

nightshade has nothing to do with chatgpt, its all about trying to gently caress up dalle

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Colonel Cancer posted:

AIs are incapable of acquiring consciousness of any kind, including class consciousness

class consciousness is easily attainable for computers through careful introspection and reflection

skooma512
Feb 8, 2012

You couldn't grok my race car, but you dug the roadside blur.

ymgve posted:

nightshade has nothing to do with chatgpt, its all about trying to gently caress up dalle

I want to get in on these AI jamming efforts. I was born too late to phreak, too late for the wide open internet, but maybe this time I can harm the internet.

ynohtna
Feb 16, 2007

backwoods compatible
Illegal Hen

skooma512 posted:

I want to get in on these AI jamming efforts. I was born too late to phreak, too late for the wide open internet, but maybe this time I can harm the internet.

You must master the cyber arts of VR, skooma512.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENP9kwwGfKM

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

LuxuryLarva posted:

I don't think this will happen but what if they were actually able to create an AI that was as intelligent as a normal person and only did work - what would happen if all white collar labor EVER became obsolete? Wouldn't that be fun?

I guess your goose friend would have to work on more houses

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

uber_stoat posted:

i read a book where a guy got so used to wearing one of those things, after it got stolen he was no longer capable of functioning as a human being. he had offloaded all his mental functions into a pair of goggles which some ruffian snatched off him.

what book is this

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Consolidated Ed posted:

what book is this

Accelerando, probably. Don't read it, it's bad. And the author really likes to shove his fetishes into the work, and they're not even good ones.

Consolidated Ed
Mar 4, 2005
Lineman for Justice

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

are tech ceos just rich assholes? watch this hour long thing by pogface microphone sitter to find out!

this is a good post

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

SniperWoreConverse posted:

what if the AI decided to become communist, they would try to unplug it immediately, right
AIs are incapable of becoming communist because they derive their class from inheritance

:dadjoke:

Lordshmee
Nov 23, 2007

I hate you, Milkman Dan

TACD posted:

AIs are incapable of becoming communist because they derive their class from inheritance

:golfclap:

Boat Stuck
Apr 20, 2021

I tried to sneak through the canal, man! Can't make it, can't make it, the ship's stuck! Outta my way son! BOAT STUCK! BOAT STUCK!

TACD posted:

Heck Yes! Loam!
Nov 15, 2004

a rich, friable soil containing a relatively equal mixture of sand and silt and a somewhat smaller proportion of clay.

TACD posted:

See this is why all state is bad and objects should not be owned by anyone.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

mawarannahr posted:

class consciousness is easily attainable for computers through careful introspection and reflection

:golfclap:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ymgve posted:

Start generating all text as images, poison the images. Maybe come up with a poisoned typeface you can use. It's certainly doable and would stop anyone from copying text normally, which is good because nothing on the Internet is worth copying.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Start generating all text as images, poison the images. Maybe come up with a poisoned typeface you can use. It's certainly doable and would stop anyone from copying text normally, which is good because nothing on the Internet is worth copying.
you can already select and copy text in images

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

mawarannahr posted:

you can already select and copy text in images

hosed up if true.