Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

I really like the idea of having the crucible knight winged leap. It'll round out my cosplay gimmick character Crucible Kght Dave.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

The crucible knight incants are already some of the most fun and deadly, if that's what it is and not a weapon art it's gonna get even better. Doesn't hurt that every piece of two of the best armor sets in the game boost the damage of them, meaning that even my pure faith guy looks like a walking tank lmao

Horn has a spot in every spellbook for how it throws humanoids around. In theory Tail is better but I could never make it work

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
They should add a new form of PVP: trapped messages, where you can invade messages and just like, gently caress someone over for no reason. So they think they're just going to read a stupid fake wall post and hit a wall uselessly. But instead the message eats them because it's a mimic.

Populon
Mar 1, 2008

What's the matter,scared?

Just bring back purple phantoms god drat it

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Populon posted:

Just bring back ratbros god drat it

Schwawa
Jul 28, 2005

Messages can be fun but turning off the anticheat dramatically improves performance for me so goodbye online features.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

i feel like they could do another run at that and do it better. it's an inspired idea at the base of it, setting up traps and all that. imagine Sen's Fortress where you could activate a giant hammer to smash some guy, with the game making sure they know that it was an invader that did it.

Drain 001
Nov 24, 2010

Dinosaur Gum

verbal enema posted:

Ohh I'll try this out later

Can confirm, I use it on Guardian's Swordspear (technically a halberd) and it'll stun an Omen in two hits.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'd also like giant tree seeds returned and it's one of the things I'm hoping comes back with the DLC despite having no reason to believe it will. All they really do it make things more fun, gives the host another tool and gives invaders a reason to be more aggressive

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Epic High Five posted:

I'd also like giant tree seeds returned and it's one of the things I'm hoping comes back with the DLC despite having no reason to believe it will. All they really do it make things more fun, gives the host another tool and gives invaders a reason to be more aggressive

This is the Miquella show so hopefully there will be a bewitch/allure type spell (or more than one)

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Schwawa posted:

Messages can be fun but turning off the anticheat dramatically improves performance for me so goodbye online features.

This is also true. Which is weird because I didn't have the same issue with ACVI. God that game runs so much better than elden ring.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

heeyyyyyy youuuuuu guuuuuuyyyyyss

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
Guy who makes lots of cool medieval combat videos:

https://www.tiktok.com/embed/7338113083031964974

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

uber_stoat posted:

i feel like they could do another run at that and do it better. it's an inspired idea at the base of it, setting up traps and all that. imagine Sen's Fortress where you could activate a giant hammer to smash some guy, with the game making sure they know that it was an invader that did it.

The traps were cool, but I just liked that instead of invading them, you force them to invade you. Less of a dick move than normal invading, because if they lose then they only lose time.

War Wizard
Jan 4, 2007

:)
Doing rat stuff was great. I put an item on the drawbridge and shot people off with a greatbow. Also lots of jumping people when disguised as a statue.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

New swamp heals the player, makes status effect buildup tick down 8x as fast.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

Steve Yun posted:

Some of the best comedy of the last decade is Fromsoft user messages

I haven't played DS1 since it first came out but over a decade later I still remember one that was something like "incredible chest ahead" and not at all expecting what I found

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Epic High Five posted:

The crucible knight incants are already some of the most fun and deadly, if that's what it is and not a weapon art it's gonna get even better. Doesn't hurt that every piece of two of the best armor sets in the game boost the damage of them, meaning that even my pure faith guy looks like a walking tank lmao

Horn has a spot in every spellbook for how it throws humanoids around. In theory Tail is better but I could never make it work

What’s this build it sounds cool

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Mustang posted:

I haven't played DS1 since it first came out but over a decade later I still remember one that was something like "incredible chest ahead" and not at all expecting what I found

I’d already heard about that joke so when I saw that message in remastered I thought oh I must be near that big lady

Imagine my surprise when I was greeted by the gaping dragon

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.
Replaying Elden Ring before dlc release because I accidentally wiped all my saves without backing them up.

I'm doing vanilla melee build with Knight Greatsword and just 2handing everything. I noticed poise seems to matter so I'm currently using Knight set. I checked some wikis and they recommend at least 51 poise for pvp which is exactly what this set provides.

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Probably going to make like 4 builds for the dlc just so I can play with any weapons i find.

Just trying to decide if I want to bonk my way through first or do a quality build first to use the most weapons.

Elden Lord Godfrey
Mar 4, 2022
Crucible Knight set is simply excellent for its negations and poise and poise to weight ratio. Crucible Horns and Tail are kind of okay at cheesing some enemies like Knights and Omen and Crucible Knights because they can burger flip or knockdown, but they are so slow they can only catch inexperienced players in pvp. Crucible Breath can sometimes be useful in pvp as a wakeup, because they put out so many overlapping damage instances that you can't roll through all of it.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
wait, was that leonard in the shadows trailer? he looked bigger but maybe that wasn't radahn on him?

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
https://www.reddit.com/r/Eldenring/comments/1awuc1z/this_npc_near_impalers_catacombs/

Well now

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Okay looking at those snakes again now and this guy is very Gwyndolin-coded

dialhforhero
Apr 3, 2008
Am I 🧑‍🏫 out of touch🤔? No🧐, it's the children👶 who are wrong🤷🏼‍♂️

No Dignity posted:

Okay looking at those snakes again now and this guy is very Gwyndolin-coded

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

Is there a way to change the button icons to play station that doesn't involve installing mod engines and disabling anticheat and all that poo poo?

WaltherFeng
May 15, 2013

50 thousand people used to live here. Now, it's the Mushroom Kingdom.

This is referring to whatever is in walking mausoleums, not the catacombs.

That said anything is possible.

WaltherFeng fucked around with this message at 13:06 on Feb 22, 2024

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Doesn't this Mesmer dude mess up all the Melina theories?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

You're going to have to be more specific

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I don't think anyone can guess at lore implications until Messmer, Messman, Messmo and Mesmere are all introduced with the DLC.

Annath
Jan 11, 2009

Batatouille is a great and funny play on words for a video game creature and I love silly words like these
Clever Betty

No Dignity posted:

You're going to have to be more specific

A lot of folks, myself included, thought that Melina was explicitly the sibling of Miquella and Melania, because there are 3 butterflies - nascent (Miquella), rotten (Malenia), and smoldering (Melina, the Kindling Maiden).

This Messmer dude being the 3rd kid would kinda remove Melina from that aspect of the lore.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Given she has a gloam eye and the power of destined death I'm more inclined to think Melina is a godskin raised by Marika?

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Surely Mesmer is just a jokerfied miquella, miquella is described as having a hypnotizing enthralling power, m names blah blah blah red hair represents martial prowess? I dunno. I'm still hung up on Leonard. Am I going crazy and it's just a different hosed up horse and I'm the idiot who can't tell the difference?

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

What if it was Messmer who actually mesmerized Miquella and drew him back to the shadow land

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

the technically unoptimzed stats of the wretch is just like a few percentile points of actual difference at the end of the day right? I just wanna start nude and rude this time.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
If we’re speculating wildly about identities of characters we’ve known for 30 seconds, I’d say Marika:Radagon::Melina:Messmer. He shares her link to fire and death

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

Surely Mesmer is just a jokerfied miquella, miquella is described as having a hypnotizing enthralling power, m names blah blah blah red hair represents martial prowess? I dunno. I'm still hung up on Leonard. Am I going crazy and it's just a different hosed up horse and I'm the idiot who can't tell the difference?

What's the timestamp when you saw him.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Black Griffon posted:

the technically unoptimzed stats of the wretch is just like a few percentile points of actual difference at the end of the day right? I just wanna start nude and rude this time.

Yes, nobody is going to know or care if you go one or five levels higher than the 'meta' for PvP or co-op. And even if you stick to it exactly being a few points short of 'optimal' will rarely matter at all.

Flytrap fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Feb 22, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Jezza of OZPOS posted:

They did say you need to have killed Radahn as well to access the DLC, maybe that is some shadow afterlife version of the same horse. More likely they're just reusing a "hosed up horse" model and animation though