Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Cash Monet posted:

Maye is bigger and has a better arm, that alone makes him a better prospect than Wilson.
Wilson has an incredible arm. Quick compact delivery. Can throw from every arm angle.

No head on his shoulders but I'd probably take Wilson's arm over Maye's if we're just comparing body parts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
They both have great arms. They both make stupid plays out of structure that could be disastrous at the NFL level which is kind of what happened to Wilson once he didn't have the blocking scheme he had at BYU.

Nosre
Apr 16, 2002

Reading commentary on Maye vs. Daniels and you'd come away thinking both are going to be disasters. For Maye it's stuff like the above, while Daniels had easy mode (2 first round WRs!) and is apparently going to die immediately with his running style

https://twitter.com/KryzivenTake2/status/1758206281976873220

I say this, of course, as an idiot who just reads commentators and doesn't watch any film myself

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

The draftniks are right on this one

To be for to Jayden he's like the inverse Richardson where he'll get absolutely destroyed but pop right back up like it's nothing.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Doltos posted:

The draftniks are right on this one

To be for to Jayden he's like the inverse Richardson where he'll get absolutely destroyed but pop right back up like it's nothing.

I haven’t done a rewatch but my recollection is that he got didn’t do that as much as the season went on.

Hamhandler
Aug 9, 2008

[I want to] shit in your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your fucking mouth. [I'm going to] slap your real mother across the face [laughter]. Fuck you, you're still a rookie. I'll kill you.
What do we think about T'Vondre Sweat's ability to contribute something as a pass rusher?

He clearly isn't like a Dexter Lawrence or Vita Vea who are still good athletes at a huge size, but he seems like he's at least going to have the ability to bully undersized/underpowered guys consistently and I don't think you rule out him developing some moves. He's got a swim move, he's pretty good with making contact with one arm and keeping the second free. His lateral movement is probably going to limit him there, but it seems like there's something there.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Was listening to a podcast today and heard Bowers while standing next to Gronk described as a guy who looks like his sport is competitive WoW raiding lmao. But they followed up with the point that Georgia, despite having the ability to compete for almost any 5 star recruit they want, decided to run their offense through him.

This was obviously a meme take but legitimately made me feel a little better about the idea of him going alongside the top receivers.

Dexo posted:

If you pick good players it'll all work out.

The Falcons have entered the chat. I love that the NFL is so wild that even drafting objectively good players year after year can not matter if your coach is a maniac. Kinda hoping Raheem can unlock the motherlode of offensive talent he’s been gifted even though I don’t care about Atlanta at all. I just feel bad for Pitts, London and Bijan and want to see them do cool poo poo

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Docjowles posted:

Was listening to a podcast today and heard Bowers while standing next to Gronk described as a guy who looks like his sport is competitive WoW raiding lmao. But they followed up with the point that Georgia, despite having the ability to compete for almost any 5 star recruit they want, decided to run their offense through him.

This was obviously a meme take but legitimately made me feel a little better about the idea of him going alongside the top receivers.

The Falcons have entered the chat. I love that the NFL is so wild that even drafting objectively good players year after year can not matter if your coach is a maniac. Kinda hoping Raheem can unlock the motherlode of offensive talent he’s been gifted even though I don’t care about Atlanta at all. I just feel bad for Pitts, London and Bijan and want to see them do cool poo poo

the addendum is obviously

"If you pick good players, and one of the decent to good players is a QB"

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
They also had Washington and Bowers in a conference where how big you are on the oline dictates how much you win. That's not to mention Broderick Jones too. Kind of stands to reason you want to run your offense through your unicorn TE if you're constantly lining up in 12 personnel anyway.

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
Georgia hasn't really had much for NFL caliber receivers the past few years have they? McConkey will probably be a decent guy but he's not in that elite tier.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Since AJ Green they've put out Riley Ridley, George Pickens, Malcolm Mitchell, Chris Conley, and I guess Mecole Hardman but I was perplexed that he wasn't a UDFA let alone a 2nd rounder. Dillon Bell Jr. is pretty good and made Terrion Arnold look like crap.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
You have to just look into a players eyes. Then read Dane Bruglers the beast

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Doltos posted:

Since AJ Green they've put out Riley Ridley, George Pickens, Malcolm Mitchell, Chris Conley, and I guess Mecole Hardman but I was perplexed that he wasn't a UDFA let alone a 2nd rounder. Dillon Bell Jr. is pretty good and made Terrion Arnold look like crap.

Adonai Mitchell will be listed as "from Texas" but is also a Georgia wideout in this year's class.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Daily Dose of Internet Brain Rot

Hamhandler posted:

What do we think about T'Vondre Sweat's ability to contribute something as a pass rusher?

He clearly isn't like a Dexter Lawrence or Vita Vea who are still good athletes at a huge size, but he seems like he's at least going to have the ability to bully undersized/underpowered guys consistently and I don't think you rule out him developing some moves. He's got a swim move, he's pretty good with making contact with one arm and keeping the second free. His lateral movement is probably going to limit him there, but it seems like there's something there.

He's one of "my guys." He'll have to work on his pass rush. But he has size and power that make him unmatched.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sweat is a guy I'd really love for the Vikings to take with their second pick. The bullshit he'd allow Flores to get up to would be wonderful.

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Bismack Billabongo posted:

It wouldn’t be sexy but if I’m the chargers I’d look to see if one of the min/den/lvl/atl bunch is interested in trading up. Obviously two of those are division rivals but if you can trick one of them into moving up for jj McCarthy that would be worth it. If you can get down even further, like late teens, the center from Oregon would be a really excellent pickup for them IMO.

As a titans fan at this point I am basically hoping that one of Alt / Nabers / Fashanu are available at 7. Any of those three are blue chip talents IMO and also fill an enormous need. If all three of those gone and your options are Bowers, Odunze, or (Other), I’d probably rather try and trade down. I haven’t looked at Odunze that much yet, though.

It is early obviously but it really does seem like there will either be a run on the second tier of receivers or tackles at the end of round 1/start of round 2. There should be at least one good body available at either of those spots when they pick again. I just hope it doesn’t end up being Legette lol. If they could trade down a little from 38 and land Polk I would be psyched although as I have endlessly alluded to I would be thrilled with Troy Franklin or one of the Texas dudes at 38.

Odunze is great from what I've seen, wouldn't mind him at all, but I'm really leery at not making o-line top priority. If Levis is airing it out, he needs time to ramp up.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u6mah_XxFDQ

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

An interesting quote from Brett on Jonathon Brooks, "...The Cowboys team doctor did the ACL repair surgery on Brooks. They have more information on him than any other team in the league. He was also at the Shrine Bowl, AT THEIR FACILITIES. And the Cowboys are looking for an RB.."

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌

Literally zero of the people they listed are sleepers. Troy Franklin and Adonai Mitchell? They're top 50.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

Doltos posted:

Literally zero of the people they listed are sleepers. Troy Franklin and Adonai Mitchell? They're top 50.

Isaac Guerundo is most definitely a sleeper. So is Tahj Washington.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

https://x.com/dpbrugler/status/1760717659392376994?s=20

Aww man. That sucks.

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

https://x.com/dpbrugler/status/1760751588006658297?s=20

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?
https://x.com/austingayle_/status/1760760002246250505?s=20

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
https://x.com/FieldYates/status/1760844386911375383

Sup Alt

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

That screams trade down to me

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

https://x.com/Nate_Tice/status/1760787795252301920

God I forgot about Drew Brees before his body started falling apart.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the chargers should trade their 5th overall selection for joe mixon and the 18th overall pick. a proven "running back" who has shown he will do anything to win or lose or w/e

A Sneaker Broker
Feb 14, 2020

The Chargers can get an absolute haul and start rebuilding their capital for future drafts if they trade down from 5. Assuming it goes:

Williams
Maye
Daniels
MHJ

There is still so much talent available at 5 that they can fleece a team.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Or they could take future all pro OT <user’s preference>

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Unless someone really loves McCarthy I dunno that you can bank on "a haul" to move down from 5 with those guys off the board. Nabers and Alt and Bowers are nice prospects, but they're not necessarily the kind of prospects who get traded for a big package of picks, especially when there's a deep pool of pass catchers and tackles who will be available in the first round

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

the only way they get a haul is if Maye/Daniels falls that far, which seems absurdly unlikely.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Dexo posted:

the only way they get a haul is if Maye/Daniels falls that far, which seems absurdly unlikely.

I could absolutely see New England taking MHJ and the Cardinals grabbing Nabers.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

a neat cape posted:

I could absolutely see New England taking MHJ and the Cardinals grabbing Nabers.

They are def going QB

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Nodoze posted:

They are def going QB

Yeah, Kirk Cousins

wandler20
Nov 13, 2002

How many Championships?

a neat cape posted:

Not happening. If NE passes on a QB AZ gets a ransom for the leftover QB.

Odovaucer
Oct 23, 2003
Ostrogoth

Still weird seeing those last names in a row and it not having anything to do with Baltimore.

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

Dexo posted:

That's how I feel about it and this is coming from someone that really wants Daniels to drop to #5 so his trash team can trade up and ruin his pro career because of a gypsy curse or whatever

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

https://x.com/fb_filmanalysis/status/1761043248817066083?s=46&t=EhzTvpa5Lh8bIAryRijIPQ

Ted Nyugen did his film breakdown on JJ, and I came away thinking a lot more of him than I did previously. The footwork being clean and his presence under pressure are definitely two traits that seem critical given his lack of throwing reps.

To be successful he has to go to a team that knows how to develop QBs and raise their floors

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

New Love Glow

Carlosologist posted:

https://x.com/fb_filmanalysis/status/1761043248817066083?s=46&t=EhzTvpa5Lh8bIAryRijIPQ

Ted Nyugen did his film breakdown on JJ, and I came away thinking a lot more of him than I did previously. The footwork being clean and his presence under pressure are definitely two traits that seem critical given his lack of throwing reps.

To be successful he has to go to a team that knows how to develop QBs and raise their floors

Shame he’s gonna get drafted by a team that is desperate and immediately installs him as a day 1 starter, probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forrest on Fire
Nov 23, 2012

Bismack Billabongo posted:

Shame he’s gonna get drafted by a team that is desperate and immediately installs him as a day 1 starter, probably.

What teams could draft JJ and sit him, based on QB situation not draft capital, an exercise:

1. New Orleans
2. Arizona (please no)
3. Jets (please yes)
4. LAR
5. Seattle
6. Minnesota

Of these options the only one I think is remotely feasible is Minnesota. Which is a shame I want the New York Media to have to talk up JJ every off-season