Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Rageaholic posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lU_NKNZljoQ

They made this look just as annoying as the games, if not more so :chloe:

Pass!

The funny part about this is that the Borderlands games were doing this well before Guardians of the Galaxy ever hit the screen but everyone will just write this off as a Guardians rip-off. Nowhere near enough Handsome Jack either ffs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

That DICK! posted:

alright well, your move brother

🥹

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM

RealityWarCriminal posted:

who the gently caress is FKA twigs? are they the new awkwafina?

I presume some sort of extreme dendrophile who took things too far

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Can we just ban anyone who posts any permutation of J E N Y in a sentence?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1TBfBO17Tg

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
why is the red letter media thread the center of madness and despair its just a stupid youtuber podcast

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WTdTwcmxyo

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

why is the red letter media thread the center of madness and despair its just a stupid youtuber podcast

it is for some bizarre reason a catch-all movie and movietuber discussion thread. i dont get it, but i dont get a lot of things. all i know is tonight i will fall asleep to one of their commentary tracks like i have done a hundred or so times before and thats good enough for me

Seth Pecksniff
May 27, 2004

can't believe shrek is fucking dead. rip to a real one.

That DICK! posted:

alright well, your move brother

Lmao :chanpop:

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.

roomtone posted:

this is just patently wrong

jenny is objectively funnier than mike, who is the 'funny guy' or RLM (except for rich who is the unintentional funny guy which has become intentional) but she's a vaguely attractive woman so she's out and sus and anyone who posted her is sus. i don't think she even posts anymore it's been a while.

if you're not 300lbs, jay, midwestern or an uncharismatic leech, it's unacceptable in this beautiful zone.

so people posted jenny 2 times. 10 times. and every time, the fans got more pissed off and hostile. there's no room for other youtubers in this middle aged mid western zone my friend. none. zero.

The thing is, you see, the thing is, this is ostensibly a thread about dissecting the craft of screen media. And Jenny's videos, which ostensibly do the same thing, are absolute loving garbage. Just absolutely pathetically made. And so to see her sit in one of those piles of poo poo, and criticise a video, no matter how deserving, is annoying as gently caress. If you can't remember more than three words of your own script at a time you can gently caress off.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

roomtone posted:

the CD guys aren't even that bad i dunno what yous are always talking about

Last time I went to CD, the first post I saw was an IK saying he would give 30 days to anyone he caught posting in both the RLM thread and his precious Rebel Moon thread which was a very good movie and don't you dare ever say anything contrary about it because Zack Snyder is a genius and you just don't understand and he's absolutely not fash or fash adjacent ok?

Even after reading that, I think I still agree with the other poster who says they're not quite as bad as they used to be, amazingly.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

counterfeitsaint posted:

Last time I went to CD, the first post I saw was an IK saying he would give 30 days to anyone he caught posting in both the RLM thread and his precious Rebel Moon thread

Lmao if this is true

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

dreezy posted:

it is for some bizarre reason a catch-all movie and movietuber discussion thread. i dont get it, but i dont get a lot of things. all i know is tonight i will fall asleep to one of their commentary tracks like i have done a hundred or so times before and thats good enough for me

It is because Red Letter Media has a very specific style of criticism that appeals to a lot of different people, but their content is all over the place. They review big budget movies, small budget movies, they do Best of the Worst which has B movies and Wheel of the Worst where they just watch whatever VHS or DVD ephemera they get sent. A big part of the fan base came from the Plinkett reviews, a thing that they rarely put out anymore (even the last video isn't really a Plinkett review). They don't put out a whole lot of content, so it tends to turn into a chat thread on the regular and it turns out that the people who all came here for a wide variety of different content don't all have the same taste.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
Also Jenny is fine. Take her or leave her, sure, but I still think it's hilarious that 15 years after youtube started, goons still get all hot and bothered by the bog standard quick cut style of youtube videos that have been around now longer than most youtubers have been alive, and they absolutely have to mention how shocked they are to see such a thing each and every time Jenny gets brought up.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Kingo Ligma posted:

The thing is, you see, the thing is, this is ostensibly a thread about dissecting the craft of screen media. And Jenny's videos, which ostensibly do the same thing, are absolute loving garbage. Just absolutely pathetically made. And so to see her sit in one of those piles of poo poo, and criticise a video, no matter how deserving, is annoying as gently caress. If you can't remember more than three words of your own script at a time you can gently caress off.

you will never match Jenny's top tier-level hat game, and that's okay

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

no matter how much poo poo they are force-fed some goons still recoil at the taste of poo poo. I, an intellectual, find this amusing

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

I appreciate how thoroughly researched Jenny's videos are. I can see how RLM fans would be intimidated by her.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

roomtone posted:

this is just patently wrong

jenny is objectively funnier than mike, who is the 'funny guy' or RLM (except for rich who is the unintentional funny guy which has become intentional) but she's a vaguely attractive woman so she's out and sus and anyone who posted her is sus. i don't think she even posts anymore it's been a while.

if you're not 300lbs, jay, midwestern or an uncharismatic leech, it's unacceptable in this beautiful zone.

so people posted jenny 2 times. 10 times. and every time, the fans got more pissed off and hostile. there's no room for other youtubers in this middle aged mid western zone my friend. none. zero.

Almost like she isn't the topic of the thread

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Feb 22, 2024

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

from what i can tell roomtone turned an unrelated discussion into one about the perils of jenny derangement syndrome and called her hot, people responded to it which triggered the jenny defense alarm, and kingo ligma spiked the ball for the home team. some things never change!!!

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

Jenny's film criticism stuff doesn't really overlap with RLM that well. It's the poo poo like her amusement park visits or the church musical cinematic universe stuff that overlaps with the Wheel of the Worst stuff. It's the same energy as the time the boys watched Shoji Tabuchi or SOS.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

counterfeitsaint posted:

Also Jenny is fine. Take her or leave her, sure, but I still think it's hilarious that 15 years after youtube started, goons still get all hot and bothered by the bog standard quick cut style of youtube videos that have been around now longer than most youtubers have been alive, and they absolutely have to mention how shocked they are to see such a thing each and every time Jenny gets brought up.

Ohhh that's what they mean. Lol that's like getting mad at vertical video now.

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Crescent Wrench posted:

She's a pretty good musician. I have no idea if she can act, though.

Her video for “Sad Day” is pretty rad for the dance/fight scene

Also I miss a day on the rlm thread and xjakk drama explodes?? Let the dude post his vids smdh.

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Jenny videos are fine and occasionally pretty funny. I never had an issue with her stuff being posted here. It was just fun to provoke the couple of her hardcore Stans who used to hang out here, because they would melt the gently caress the down whenever someone besmirched her honor. But it’s all a moot point since she exists behind a paywall now.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

This is officially the weirdest 24 hours this thread has seen since its inception. It’s as though Mike showing us the truth behind TNG and it has slowly eroded our sanity like someone who got too close to learning the truth of some cosmic horror. Stay safe out there, RLM thread.

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
the trust is the star wars sequel trilogy is bad and the prequel trilogy is mid and furthermore disney is garbage and makes garbage

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

lmao at going so hard at x jakk you trigger rlm thread fimbulwinter

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014

That DICK! posted:

lmao at going so hard at x jakk you trigger rlm thread fimbulwinter

cool

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
kom susser jakk

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

colonelwest posted:

Jenny videos are fine and occasionally pretty funny. I never had an issue with her stuff being posted here. It was just fun to provoke the couple of her hardcore Stans who used to hang out here, because they would melt the gently caress the down whenever someone besmirched her honor. But it’s all a moot point since she exists behind a paywall now.

drat, puppet mastered again with my ferocious loyalty.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

counterfeitsaint posted:

Last time I went to CD, the first post I saw was an IK saying he would give 30 days to anyone he caught posting in both the RLM thread and his precious Rebel Moon thread which was a very good movie and don't you dare ever say anything contrary about it because Zack Snyder is a genius and you just don't understand and he's absolutely not fash or fash adjacent ok?

Even after reading that, I think I still agree with the other poster who says they're not quite as bad as they used to be, amazingly.

Roth is a very serious IK. She has killed many a poster

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Khanstant posted:

Ohhh that's what they mean. Lol that's like getting mad at vertical video now.

How dare u

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
That rebel moon thread is just like everything else on Netflix. It was busy for a few weeks around the release of the movie, then dead for a month until someone posted….the run time of the sequel.

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

the trust is the star wars sequel trilogy is bad and the prequel trilogy is mid and furthermore disney is garbage and makes garbage

thats chud talk, mods?!?!?

TheSwizzler
May 13, 2005

LETTIN THE CAT OUTTA THE BAG
at least chud adjacent

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

The runtime for the Netflix cut or the Snyder cut?

:suicide:

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Someone finally pirated it, so:

Zone of Interest

Woo boy was this hosed up

Sure am glad my comfortable life isn't enabled by horrific crimes

16-bit Butt-Head
Dec 25, 2014
comic book movies are trash watch something made for intellectuals like basketcase or toxic avenger you

Nefarious 2.0
Apr 22, 2008

Offense is overrated anyway.

I've literally never watched one of those quick cut videos. it's not hard to do. i didn't swear an oath. I just get a few seconds into one, go "oh, this sucks" and move on to something better?

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

No Mods No Masters posted:

(USER WAS AUTOBANNED FOR THIS POST)

NO! NO!!! I DIDNT MEAN FOR THIS TO HAPPEN COME BACK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

That DICK! posted:

NO! NO!!! I DIDNT MEAN FOR THIS TO HAPPEN COME BACK

lol well now you have to come back

Tell us what you think about TNG using black paper to block the reflections of the crew's equipment