Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Nocheez posted:

:rolleyes:
Trump has a much more basic tell when he's lying: his lips are moving.

All right look, I agree eye movement analysis is mostly bullshit, but the fact that he immediately looks away for a second when she mentions his wife is pretty funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

T3hRen3gade
Jun 7, 2007

Look in my eye,
what do you see?

Shageletic posted:

What are you looking forward to in a second Biden administration?

Froghammer posted:

Donald Trump not being president

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

The mist that chills you keeps me warm.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2024/02/aileen-cannon-trump-classified-disqualification.html

I would love to see Cannon taken off this loving case already.

wuffles
Apr 10, 2004

Biden's agenda got ratfucked by Sinema and Manchin (though we knew what to expect from him from the start). But people aren't going to remember that, they're just going to say Dems had a majority in both houses and the presidency, didn't codify abortion rights (republicans then overturned roe v wade), didn't deschedule or legalize cannabis (just sent a stupid letter with no authority to the DEA who promptly threw it in the trash), didn't expand healthcare, and didn't issue sweeping student loan forgiveness (sued and blocked by republicans).

People aren't making a big deal of the student loan thing because it doesn't impact as many people as a blanket $10-20k would have. I'm glad he's doing what he can for the folks who have gotten relief, I'm still going to vote for Biden again, but none of the student debt relief has reached me at all. There are a lot of people like me and I hope they all still show up on election day.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Hazo posted:

Sorry to hear that. My IDR payment was significantly reduced after Biden’s first wave of loan modification. It may be worth a call to your provider.

As far as your Muslim brothers, are you seriously going to try and argue that Biden hates Muslims as much as the guy who almost entirely* banned them from entering the country?

*not the countries where he had business dealings

It sure makes it hard for me to vote for him!

TheKub
May 11, 2006

I like how the bite locations are all body parts including "magazine pouch" :wink:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/02/20/us/alito-supreme-court-same-sex-marriage.html

God, I hate Alito.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Batterypowered7 posted:

Didn't Republicans sue to stop that one?

Corpse president put up no resistance and has done nothing since.

Asterite34
May 19, 2009

Shageletic posted:

It sure makes it hard for me to vote for him!

I'm going to ask you the same question I ask others when they have this exact same stance, and to which I have never gotten a terribly convincing answer:

Do you advocate that NOBODY should vote for Biden? And if that's not the case, why are you the exception who gets to take the brave moral stand?

mllaneza
Apr 28, 2007

Veteran, Bermuda Triangle Expeditionary Force, 1993-1952

Batterypowered7 posted:

Didn't Republicans sue to stop that one?

They did stop Biden's original, sweeping student loan forgiveness. He's done a lot of small stuff since that loss, so the feds have forgiven $125+ billion in student loan debt affecting over 3 million people. That's not widely known.

Also, while he did gently caress over the railroad unions (given the state of the economy, I'd probably have done the same thing), the contracts they settled for in December were an improvement, and his negotiating teams did get concessions from the railways on sick days, so the unions didn't get everything they deserved, but they did get real QOL improvements.

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

on the one hand, politicians don't deserve your vote. they need to do actual good rather than, "i'm slightly better than the other guy"

on the other hand.

Froghammer posted:

Donald Trump not being president

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Azuth0667 posted:

Corpse president put up no resistance and has done nothing since.

Corpse President is a good username.

marshalljim
Mar 6, 2013

yospos
We get through this next term and Trump will either be dead or too busy making GBS threads his pants to run again.

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

Strong Sauce posted:

on the one hand, politicians don't deserve your vote. they need to do actual good rather than, "i'm slightly better than the other guy"

on the other hand.

Yeah this is my issue. I'd vote for a trashcan in a top hat over a guy who is literally plotting to use the military to execute mass deportations the moment he gets back into office and invoking the insurrection act on day 1 of his new Presidency to legally enact violence against protestors.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Asterite34 posted:

I'm going to ask you the same question I ask others when they have this exact same stance, and to which I have never gotten a terribly convincing answer:

Do you advocate that NOBODY should vote for Biden? And if that's not the case, why are you the exception who gets to take the brave moral stand?

I think everyone should make their own decision. I think I've given plenty of reasons why I am not voting for Biden this go around unless he radically changes his policies and stances on a number of issues. Which he still has time to do!

But like I said before I was curious to see why other people are voting Biden.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

We've really gotta make images able to be thread titles as a future forum update.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
There's a serious loving problem if your dog is biting 25 people a year.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

marshalljim posted:

We get through this next term and Trump will either be dead or too busy making GBS threads his pants to run again.

hopefully he'll have no pants on account of the courts seizing all his assets and he has to wear a barrel like in the old cartoons.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Hollismason posted:

Secret Service aren't people, they're cops

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Since a bill has to be ratified by both the House and Senate before the president signs it into law, and since the House is currently being run by the GOP (aka the kids from "The Lord of the Flies") who refuse to compromise with the Dems even on bills that they originally said they wanted, I'm just wondering how Shageletic proposes that Biden and the Senate get around that apparently minor speedbump

E: also nice "if I do vote, I'm going to throw it away in protest", forgot to mention that. Getting strong "going to come in here and concern troll the GBS Trump thread" vibes here

lovely dnd posts cause trump votes.

Batterypowered7
Aug 8, 2009

Hollismason posted:

The dog just prevented twenty-five assassination attempts by compromised agents.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

kazil posted:

Secret Service aren't people, they're cops

Lol good point but also that's loving wild and his dog should be put down

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Hollismason posted:

I for one support Jill Biden's dog v. agent fighting league

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Shageletic posted:

But like I said before I was curious to see why other people are voting Biden.

It’s been said multiple times in this thread, and it’s not really a joke:

We don’t have to wake up every morning wondering what sort of horrible cruel things dementia grandpa has done after the previous night’s binge of Fox News and adderall.

Presidents should be boring at a minimum, and incremental progressiveness is, sadly, a bonus.

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!
no see trump was the most progressive prez, he gave us all free healthcare, trumpbux and if it wasnt for nasty nancy we';d gotten 1200 more bux!!1

(democratic congress passed that, the 1200 nancy bux McConnell said he wasnt going to put up for a vote in senate)

but no trump progressive muslim ban, transgender ban in military and the gutting of usps and sackings at the voa/npr were all done in
name of gay space communism

madmatt112
Jul 11, 2016

Is that a cat in your pants, or are you just a lonely excuse for an adult?

Umm does the dog bite anybody who isnt military or law enforcement??

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

Hollismason posted:

That dog tried to bite Joe Biden 25 times and 25 heroes gave their bodies and magazine pouches to keep him alive.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Dogs that bite cops should be celebrated

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Froghammer posted:

Brain Curry
Feb 15, 2007

People think that I'm lazy
People think that I'm this fool because
I give a fuck about the government
I didn't graduate from high school

madmatt112 posted:

Umm does the dog bite anybody who isnt military or law enforcement??

That dog is Joe Biden’s familiar and it must bite someone before every speech to keep Joe alive

I wonder what the top secret blacked out locations are

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Lmao remember last year when the NY Post or some other right wing rag wrote a story about how one of the Biden dogs would walk around the White House in the evening “making a menacing clicking sound” until someone reminded them that dogs have toenails, and they never talked about it again

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
I remember when I was young I wanted every President to be perfect, or at least support half of my views. When I realized that would never be possible in my lifetime, I have settled for the one who isnt an rear end in a top hat.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

:dudsmile:

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

Philthy posted:

I remember when I was young I wanted every President to be perfect, or at least support half of my views. When I realized that would never be possible in my lifetime, I have settled for the one who isnt an rear end in a top hat.

what u dont want a prez that sends marshals 2 gun down a protestor in portland at their home steps bc he dared 2 defend against chuds??

Goatse James Bond
Mar 28, 2010

If you see me posting please remind me that I have Charlie Work in the reports forum to do instead
marijuana rescheduling hasn't been junked yet, it's just moving at the speed of government rules changes

The DEA is going to look real bad if they totally refuse to change anything. They have a high proportion of assholes, so I wouldn't rule it out, but we've got loads of time yet and nobody seems to be leaking.

PKMN Trainer Red
Oct 22, 2007

Froghammer posted:

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Also who the gently caress let the C-SPAM "demz bad gyz" in the comedy lol gently caress Donald Trump thread? Somebody get the hose and flush that poo poo outta here.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.

Google Jeb Bush posted:

marijuana rescheduling hasn't been junked yet, it's just moving at the speed of government rules changes

The DEA is going to look real bad if they totally refuse to change anything. They have a high proportion of assholes, so I wouldn't rule it out, but we've got loads of time yet and nobody seems to be leaking.

On this one I'll be honest and say I think they're going to dump the whole thing and not reschedule it.

I don't think the DEA cares if they look bad if they reschedule it. I think they see how much they get in civil forfeiture and are not going to give that money up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored
lol remember when Trump ordered the to police hunt down and murder a guy and they did?