Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Cheer up Earthbound fans. You may not have gotten Mother 3, but they just added Earthbound Beginnings icons to NSO Rewards and that’s just as good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Peteyfoot
Nov 24, 2007
Are there any Joy-Cons with four rear triggers? If not, any recommendations for Joy-Cons with two triggers other than the Split Pad Pro? (My Split Pad Pro is fine but have FOMO about there being a better option out there).

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Oh drat, the widescreen issue with Jet Force Gemini was fixed! It looks so much better now.

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Kevyn posted:

Cheer up Earthbound fans. You may not have gotten Mother 3, but they just added Earthbound Beginnings icons to NSO Rewards and that’s just as good

at least I can show my love

Social Animal
Nov 1, 2005

drat this Contra game plays like rear end. I remember enjoying Contra 4 but I guess WayForward is dropping the ball lately. Doesn’t River City Girls 2 run terribly as well?

Pepper Grinder was fun though so at least there’s that.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

GoutPatrol posted:

at least I can show my love

:yeah:

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA
Seeing Penny's big Breakaway reminded me of Little big adventure of all things. Something about strange creatures made with the same untextured opaque surfaces, i can't unsee it now.

https://youtu.be/YAx8gIvoZKM?si=Nh_ri7c09k3qZtkX

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Gundam Breaker 4 was definitely a big surprise this morning and one I'm very happy about, especially since based on the info that we've gotten they've learned their lessons from the tire fire that was New Gundam Breaker and are instead basing it more on 3

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Up til 2am playing balatro…

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Quantum of Phallus posted:

could be worse, could be real gambling

although your enthusiasm has made me check it out because ps plus gets a free trial

beer gas canister
Oct 30, 2007

shmups are da best come play some shmups they're cheap and good and you like them
Plaster Town Cop

It's freaky good

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters
Interested in playing Pocket Card Jockey, but if I remember anything from the DS game, it's that I absolutely sucked at it. At least, that's what it felt like - I did the solitaire stuff fine, it felt like, but I was consistently coming in last, or close to, on every race.

Space Fish
Oct 14, 2008

The original Big Tuna.

Winning races in Pocket Card Jockey is 50% Solitaire, 30% positioning on the track (balancing stamina/enthusiasm, using the formation where your horse loves to run, picking up items), 10% not falling behind from stage to stage (not getting rammed by an angry horse), then a final 10% in the final sprint where you get boxed in or one of the other horses turned out to be in a higher league than you so you'll have to come back with a champion-bred revenge baby.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Morpheus posted:

Interested in playing Pocket Card Jockey, but if I remember anything from the DS game, it's that I absolutely sucked at it. At least, that's what it felt like - I did the solitaire stuff fine, it felt like, but I was consistently coming in last, or close to, on every race.

I absolutely sucked at the solitaire. Makes me hesitant to try out the game again, as I could not even do the basic core mechanic. Pity, the game is very much my jam otherwise.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
I’m never played it, but I’ll give it a shot at the right price.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
How is PCJ played? Sounds neat but no clue how it works, tempted to wish list it for when I finish some of these games I'm playing.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mega64 posted:

How is PCJ played? Sounds neat but no clue how it works, tempted to wish list it for when I finish some of these games I'm playing.

You play a version of solitaire (high-low matching) which influences a leg of the horse race which you decide positioning, that determines a variety of stats. You do this a few times until you hit the home stretch, which is the only time you have direct control of the horse.

It may take some getting used to but I found the tutorial much better than the first one.

TheMightyBoops
Nov 1, 2016

I thought Snowrunner would run like rear end on switch but aside from the menu taking a few seconds to load it’s pretty good.

I did manage to make a really weird wall of mud by accident, but if anyone was wondering.

Mudrunner runs even better.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

beer gas canister posted:

It's freaky good

The controller vibration stuff is incredible

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Inzombiac posted:

You play a version of solitaire (high-low matching) which influences a leg of the horse race which you decide positioning, that determines a variety of stats. You do this a few times until you hit the home stretch, which is the only time you have direct control of the horse.

It may take some getting used to but I found the tutorial much better than the first one.

Seems like a cool mix of gameplay ideas, I'll put it on my radar for later after I finish my backlog. Thanks!

B33rChiller
Aug 18, 2011

TheMightyBoops posted:

I thought Snowrunner would run like rear end on switch but aside from the menu taking a few seconds to load it’s pretty good.

I did manage to make a really weird wall of mud by accident, but if anyone was wondering.

Mudrunner runs even better.
Snowrunner really captivated me too.
I picked it up on sale right before Halloween, and it ended up being my most played game of 2023 by a huge margin

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

Snake Rattle N Roll has such fantastic sound design.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Xenoblade 3 digital copies are on sale at $40 on Amazon. It's the best one. You don't need to have played the others to enjoy the game, but they're all on switch and playing them first will help the story make less sense prior to the final acts.

The poster below is also correct.

Chronojam fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Feb 23, 2024

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

its gooooot catgirls

whaley
Aug 13, 2000

MY DOODOO IS SPRAYING OUT
sad to hear about the contra demo but I'm gonna try it anyway! i think a lot of people missed out on hard corps uprising. i liked that one pretty good. it was 100% a contra game and made by arc system works for konami but i guess it wasn't named contra because konami is stupid as poo poo

also battletoads double dragon being the best battletoads is the right opinion

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Meowywitch posted:

its gooooot catgirls

Many are saying this.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
Man I remember Blast Corps having a camera that was pulled much further back.

How was this acceptable?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Astro7x posted:

Man I remember Blast Corps having a camera that was pulled much further back.

How was this acceptable?

We didn't know any better and TVs were much smaller with worse resolution.

I dare anyone to try and play Body Harvest these days. poo poo is dire.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

We didn't know any better and TVs were much smaller with worse resolution.

I dare anyone to try and play Body Harvest these days. poo poo is dire.

Body harvest is pretty cool for the fact that it's the first 3D GTA game basically, made by the studio Rockstar would buy not too long after they released it

But man it's uh.. a pretty dang clunky game at the absolutely minimum looking back at it

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

I thought body harvest was dire when I got it for my eighth birthday in 1998

I still had lots of fun with it though because kids are dumb

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Body Harvest is roooough but i still love it. very goofy, but pulls off some genuinely grim end of the world vibes. the soundtrack helped a lot

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

I've been playing Tunic for a couple days and it's really cool, much more interesting than it appears at first glance. The manual is a neat concept and it's executed on perfectly, I keep discovering secrets that were hiding in plain sight in a way that reminds me of Outer Wilds.

I did get stuck for an hour or so tonight because I didn't realize I had opened up a door, so I re-explored everything I had access to like twice before accidentally finding out where I was supposed to go. But now I'm moving along again. Game is good.

Kevyn
Mar 5, 2003

I just want to smile. Just once. I'd like to just, one time, go to Disney World and smile like the other boys and girls.
Rockstar North should do a Body Harvest remake using the RAGE engine. I can think of no better use of man hours

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Tender Bender posted:

I've been playing Tunic for a couple days and it's really cool, much more interesting than it appears at first glance. The manual is a neat concept and it's executed on perfectly, I keep discovering secrets that were hiding in plain sight in a way that reminds me of Outer Wilds.

I did get stuck for an hour or so tonight because I didn't realize I had opened up a door, so I re-explored everything I had access to like twice before accidentally finding out where I was supposed to go. But now I'm moving along again. Game is good.

It really is. Combat is not as good as they want it to be. I eventually removed the stamina cost and went forward from there. Puzzles are perfect.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Where would you go for getting a second dock without spending a load of money?
I'd like to be able to play on a TV in a different room, and moving the thing from a cased entertainment center is quite the task, and then I have to put it back, equally a tedious task, so I want to throw money at it without spending $100 or whatever it is.

Probably eBay, right?

eightysixed fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Feb 23, 2024

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Get the genki covert dock

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

Get the genki covert dock

Ugh, that's still $75, not worth it :(
I'll just move it back and forth, I was hoping for something $50 or under because it's not a need, it's just a want.
Dealing with the entertainment cabinet thing is ridiculous, but I'm not going to fork out $75 to make something easier.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Nintendo Dot com has refurbished docks for I think fifty bucks

https://www.nintendo.com/us/store/products/dock-refurbished/

$40

John Wick of Dogs fucked around with this message at 14:03 on Feb 23, 2024

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

dang i thought they'd be cheaper since the 2nd one came out recently. maybe keep an eye on 2nd hand places for them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

Huh. I went into the Switch save files screen
cause I wanted to delete demo savefiles both to try again the Pocket Jockey demo and also clear up some space and noticed I have a lot of savefiles with a ? icon.

Thing is, I think I know what it is: when I transferred my profile from my old Switch to the OLED, I had 2 other profiles, one for extra saves and one for the JP E-Shop, but they had no account linked and making them child accounts was a pain. Am I correct in assuming those ? savefiles are stuff from other profiles, or are they from programs I never redownloaded? There's a big one with 600 MB size.