Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I brought my Drake posted:

Even the contest-winning goon gets a card.

the who now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Abhorrence
Feb 5, 2010

A love that crushes like a mace.

kalel posted:

the who now

Calax posted:

I realize this is probably gonna fall on deaf ears, but please don't kill "me"?

Explanation: Won a fan fic contest (yes really) so my name is used for the guy who shows up out of the blue and has really messed up dialogue assignments

Goon wins Fanfic contest, gets his name attached to annoying character that people usually end up killing.

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

The fallout set is a commander one, so it's legacy/vintage/Commander only right?

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Weird Pumpkin posted:

The fallout set is a commander one, so it's legacy/vintage/Commander only right?

yes eternal only

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

This spell is actually a pretty rad board wipe for B/R. It could backfire and isn't cedh but 4 mana makes this a lot better than 5.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Abhorrence posted:

Goon wins Fanfic contest, gets his name attached to annoying character that people usually end up killing.

lol

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
Woke:

Cleretic posted:

Everyone arguing about how to optimize their chance at the Luck Bobblehead's victory, meanwhile I'm just gonna use its mountain of treasure tokens to win by Mechanized Production.

Broke: using that Bobblehead to win by itself

Bespoke: using it to win in a Dice Rolls Matter deck

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Goa Tse-tung posted:

Woke:

Broke: using that Bobblehead to win by itself

Bespoke: using it to win in a Dice Rolls Matter deck

A dice rolls matter deck completely breaking legacy on mtgo due to mind goblin but being entirely irrelevant in paper would be pretty funny

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

truth is, the game was rigged from the start

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Strong Sauce posted:

Are they asking for 7 resolved dice or does anytime a dice is rolled count? What if you have Goblin Bookie, Barbarian Class, Pixie Guide, Wyll, Blade of Frontiers and the like that lets you reroll or roll X+1 dice and lets you drop one of the results. Based on the language of this card it seems that extra roll would still "count" as one of the rolls here.

The extra roll doesn't exist for the purposes of abilities resolving

If a player is instructed to ignore a roll, that roll is considered to have never happened. No abilities trigger because of the ignored roll, and no effects apply to that roll. If that player was instructed to ignore the lowest roll and multiple results are tied for the lowest, the player chooses one of those rolls to be ignored.

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!

Kurtofan posted:

I'm starting to realize that the reason they made Caesar the face card of the New Vegas deck was in an effort to make sure we didn't get a Masters of Evil situation where every single person wants the exact same deck. Bcause the only thing that's not great about this deck is that you have to buy the one with a fascist on the box.

And not even a cool fascist, even the chuds would just prefer Liberty Prime.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

Kurtofan posted:

This card seems pretty alright

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

ilmucche posted:

This card seems pretty alright

It's good (but also it's already been reprinted in the last few months)

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

For anyone who missed it, Warhammer 40k decks are on sale on MTGO until April 5. "Cards in these decks will not be made available in Treasure Chests nor be part of any All-Access period. The decks are only available in the MTGO Store until April 5" so if you want to get the format-relevant singles on Online, this is the only way and your only chance *~*~allegedly~*~*

I'd love to know what the rights situation is behind the scenes here.

kalel fucked around with this message at 14:08 on Feb 22, 2024

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
Presumably they're tradeable, so your other option would be to buy the singles off someone who mtgofinanced a bunch and then sat on them until there was demand.

I wonder how many copies the rental services are going to buy.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

kalel posted:

For anyone who missed it, Warhammer 40k decks are on sale on MTGO until April 5. "Cards in these decks will not be made available in Treasure Chests nor be part of any All-Access period. The decks are only available in the MTGO Store until April 5" so if you want to get the format-relevant singles on Online, this is the only way and your only chance *~*~allegedly~*~*

I'd love to know what the rights situation is behind the scenes here.

From what I understand, they couldn't come to a consensus with GW on digital representations, so they kicked the can down the road.

Since MTGO is owned by a separate company they were free to do their own negotiations with GW. Given that Daybreak has ties to Russian mafia GW mightve been a little more flexible in those negotiations.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Since MTGO is owned by a separate company

What? How did that happen?

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT
^^the management of the online service including all the servers took place in late 2022

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

From what I understand, they couldn't come to a consensus with GW on digital representations, so they kicked the can down the road.

Since MTGO is owned by a separate company they were free to do their own negotiations with GW. Given that Daybreak has ties to Russian mafia GW mightve been a little more flexible in those negotiations.

Wait what?

kung fu jive fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Feb 22, 2024

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

It's not owned by Daybreak, it's just run and hosted by it.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Just thinking about Gandalf running out the flames and death and yelling WHO WON THE LOTTERY I DID SMELL THAT AIR

Kinda sad that there isn't a second place that gets their legs beat with hammers, but the card is so elegant that I can forgive it.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

kung fu jive posted:

^^the management of the online service including all the servers took place in late 2022

Wait what?

Daybreak was founded by a partner in Columbus Nova with their investment money. Columbus Nova is an American shell company used by Russian Oligarchs and Mafia to launder money into the US.

They were at the center of the Russian interference in the 2016 election reports when it was discovered Viktor Vekselberg was funding the shell company Michale Cohen was using to cover Trumps scandals.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

MrL_JaKiri posted:

It's not owned by Daybreak, it's just run and hosted by it.

I'm choosing read this as the russian mafia and not mtgo

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

Strong Sauce posted:

Are they asking for 7 resolved dice or does anytime a dice is rolled count?
It's part of the activated ability, not its own ability on the card.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Daybreak was founded by a partner in Columbus Nova with their investment money. Columbus Nova is an American shell company used by Russian Oligarchs and Mafia to launder money into the US.

They were at the center of the Russian interference in the 2016 election reports when it was discovered Viktor Vekselberg was funding the shell company Michale Cohen was using to cover Trumps scandals.

It makes perfect sense that these are the only people willing to loving deal with mtgo.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

So that explains why MTGO was not mentioned anywhere on Hasbro's stockholder report.

Gynovore
Jun 17, 2009

Forget your RoboCoX or your StickyCoX or your EvilCoX, MY CoX has Blinking Bewbs!

WHY IS THIS GAME DEAD?!

After the first few playthroughs I would always shoot this guy in the loving face as soon as I saw him coming down the road.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Gynovore posted:

So that explains why MTGO was not mentioned anywhere on Hasbro's stockholder report.

lol

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Gynovore posted:

After the first few playthroughs I would always shoot this guy in the loving face as soon as I saw him coming down the road.

If you let him run, he goes into a radscorpion nest. If he somehow survives that, he goes to a point kind of in the middle of nowhere and stops forever.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I really hope we get a Monster Hunter set one day.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
The hype for this weekend is that there is a secret rakdos vampires list in standard. I have a brew I made a few months ago and I can't wait to see how close i got.

Couch Life
Aug 20, 2010

There's like three sets worth of vampire support. I'm shocked that there would be a secret.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Couch Life posted:

There's like three sets worth of vampire support. I'm shocked that there would be a secret.

I mean, i can't find a single list out there and it makes up 4% of the field. Either production team is trolling or there is something good out there.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Sickening posted:

The hype for this weekend is that there is a secret rakdos vampires list in standard. I have a brew I made a few months ago and I can't wait to see how close i got.
Are you sure this isn't pioneer? This is the pro tour breakdown:

This is what Karsten says about the pioneer deck:

quote:

The Verve of Vampires: Cavern of Souls became more valuable after No More Lies was added to the format, and twelve players—4.7% of the field, split between eleven Rakdos and one Mono-Black deck—decided that Vampires was the way to go. Although Sorin, Imperious Bloodlord has been legal in Pioneer for years, the supporting cast of Vampires was always a bit lackluster, but recent sets have changed that. The Lost Caverns of Ixalan added Preacher of the Schism, and Murders at Karlov Manor introduced Vein Ripper. Vein Ripper is difficult to remove, wins damage races, and provides a fast clock when put onto the battlefield on turn three by Sorin. These new Vampire decks pack a punch.

If it is both that is cool though. For Pioneer I am sure one testing team is happy with this deck and all brought it.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Fritzler posted:

Are you sure this isn't pioneer? This is the pro tour breakdown:

This is what Karsten says about the pioneer deck:

If it is both that is cool though. For Pioneer I am sure one testing team is happy with this deck and all brought it.

Yep. I suspect calling it vampires is going to be a bit much as its probably only going to have 3 different vampires and sorin, but its going to be interesting either way.

Xander and olivia seem really fun but it probably doesn't fit.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Sickening posted:

Yep. I suspect calling it vampires is going to be a bit much as its probably only going to have 3 different vampires and sorin, but its going to be interesting either way.

Xander and olivia seem really fun but it probably doesn't fit.
Spike was testing Xander at one point. It seemed more fun than good. I think when Vow came out there were vampire lists, but it never was better than tier 2 (and more like tier 3). It was mono black or Orzhov though - Knight of Ebon Legion, Dusk Legion Zealot, Gifted Aetherborn. Maybe the Edgar that flips. The best thing to cheat in with Sorin was Champion of Dusk, but that doesn't win games alone. The fact that it is Rakdos makes it seem like maybe Olivia? Or vampire socialite? I also think Markov Baron is a very good card that kind of got skipped over since it was in Aftermath.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Fritzler posted:

Spike was testing Xander at one point. It seemed more fun than good. I think when Vow came out there were vampire lists, but it never was better than tier 2 (and more like tier 3). It was mono black or Orzhov though - Knight of Ebon Legion, Dusk Legion Zealot, Gifted Aetherborn. Maybe the Edgar that flips. The best thing to cheat in with Sorin was Champion of Dusk, but that doesn't win games alone. The fact that it is Rakdos makes it seem like maybe Olivia? Or vampire socialite? I also think Markov Baron is a very good card that kind of got skipped over since it was in Aftermath.

Me and a friend speculate its just going to be the standard rakdos midrange list with sorin and vein ripper. Those lists already play harvester. I feel like you want more of a payoff than just vein ripper if you are already playing sorin, but maybe 8 vampires in the deck is enough. Preacher is fine. This is just probably some through the breach like play with some reanimation backup.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Sickening posted:

Me and a friend speculate its just going to be the standard rakdos midrange list with sorin and vein ripper. Those lists already play harvester. I feel like you want more of a payoff than just vein ripper if you are already playing sorin, but maybe 8 vampires in the deck is enough. Preacher is fine. This is just probably some through the breach like play with some reanimation backup.
That makes sense. I definitely am assuming fable is in this list.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
e: oh it's Pioneer, my comment is meaningless

kung fu jive
Jul 2, 2014

SOPHISTICATED DOG SHIT

Sickening posted:

Thanks for the heads up! Adding this to my list of anxieties tonight. (But seriously, thanks. This was not on my radar until reading your post)

Edit: wait pioneer, not my problem. Whew.

kung fu jive fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Feb 23, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

https://x.com/fireshoes/status/1760846599108853860?s=20

Out of all the cost cutting measures, this seems like one that would greatly affect long term profits.