Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zapp Brannigan
Mar 29, 2006

we have an irc channel at #SA_MeetingWomen

Charlz Guybon posted:

Somehow that undersells the charges, he was trafficking Weapons-Grade Plutonium! :psyduck:

Where the gently caress does a person acquire that? Like, that poo poo is supposed to be controlled very strictly. And how does one smuggle it? Shove it up your rear end? That would end well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

BonoMan posted:

So all of the right wing NepoWatchers are surely complaining about Lara Trump being a co-chair right? ... Right?

probably but they can't stop it, not at this point.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Which one is Laura again? I thought it was Ivanka, Junior and Eric.

Karatela
Sep 11, 2001

Clickzorz!!!

Grimey Drawer

Dietrich posted:

Married to Eric.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000
Elite member of the Grammar Nazi Squad that

The Glumslinger posted:

Yeah,. would they have to be moved.out of state for further storage or destruction? It's not as simple as IVF treatment shutting down, but now every single embryo they have is a future murder or manslaughter charge

I have a simpler question that I have yet to see posed to any Alabama SC members or Republicans: why are you allowing thousands of children to remain frozen solid? I am certain that in Alabama it was already illegal to take children and freeze them solid.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000

Discendo Vox posted:

There was a report a number of years back (I can't find it atm) alleging the junta was working on its own weapons program; I'd not seen later substantiation, but maybe it was real.

One of my favorite conspiracy theories I've ever heard about is the question of whether an unexplained seismic event deep in the Australian outback in 1993 was actually a nuclear test conducted by Aum Shinrikyo. The hell of it is that there was actually some reasonable evidence to support the idea!

https://www.nytimes.com/1997/01/21/science/seismic-mystery-in-australia-quake-meteor-or-nuclear-blast.html

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Dietrich posted:

And Tiffany and Lurch

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Sarcastro posted:

One of my favorite conspiracy theories I've ever heard about is the question of whether an unexplained seismic event deep in the Australian outback in 1993 was actually a nuclear test conducted by Aum Shinrikyo. The hell of it is that there was actually some reasonable evidence to support the idea!

https://www.nytimes.com/1997/01/21/science/seismic-mystery-in-australia-quake-meteor-or-nuclear-blast.html

Aum shinrikyo had like a Cobra level weapons development and human testing with biological warfare. there is an old great episode of last podcast on the left about how its a mirical the saren attack wasnt as bad as it could have been. they did like chemical weapons testing in new zeland too. like they made AQ plans look like kindergarten doodles and probably had the brains to do it alot of it.

IT BURNS
Nov 19, 2012

Rigel posted:

OK, sure

Wow, thanks! :madmax:

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Sarcastro posted:

I have a simpler question that I have yet to see posed to any Alabama SC members or Republicans: why are you allowing thousands of children to remain frozen solid? I am certain that in Alabama it was already illegal to take children and freeze them solid.

It's part of a valid medical procedure. Same reason why jabbing your child with needles will get CPS called, but you are totally fine to jab them as many times as you want if you're a doctor trying to treat them.

There is also a difference between "unborn children" and "children" in Alabama law, but that part isn't really fleshed out right now and they are going to have to figure out all the ramifications of that.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Kavros posted:

This is Mary Harrington, I assume? Whoever it is, I have to ask where I can reference that it is detailed that she's part of the 2024 policy project for trump

Mary Harrington is a contributor to "The Center for Renewing America," which is the group that was drafting these policies for Trump.

The CRA document isn't officially a part of Project 2025, which is a similar thing (list of major actions they need to get started on right away), but Project 2025 is made up of a bunch of different groups instead of just one.

The Center for Renewing America is also part of the advisory board for Project 2025.

https://www.project2025.org/about/advisory-board/

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Sarcastro posted:

Similarly, the Vela incident in 1979, where a double-flash was observed in one of the remotest parts of the ocean, is thought to be a joint test between South Africa and Israel. The Apartheid A-Bomb

DemocratIC? Sounds like we got a RINO on our hands fellas.

https://twitter.com/TVietor08/status/1760670898015879449

It's crazy how all the terrible poo poo that everyone said was going to happen after Dobbs is happening. Who could've foreseen this, aside from everyone.

zoux fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Feb 22, 2024

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

zoux posted:

It's crazy how all the terrible poo poo that everyone said was going to happen after Dobbs is happening. Who could've foreseen this, aside from everyone.

You're supposed to have babies the NORMAL way - accidentally when contraception fails, or due to being raped. Not any of this in vitro witchcraft!

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

Nenonen posted:

You're supposed to have babies the NORMAL way - accidentally when contraception fails, or due to being raped. Not any of this in vitro witchcraft!

They'll get rid of birth control, too. Probably as soon as they can.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

Meatball posted:

1920s: rumrunning
2020s: PlanBRunning :smith:

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

It's electric. Boogie woogie woogie.
Pack it in everybody. Fox News has figured out how Trump has been increasing his poll numbers with black voters. They love sneakers.
https://x.com/acnewsitics/status/1760580220371759166?s=20

Also, didn't see this mentioned. Check your phones because there's been a big cellular network outage across the country and affecting the big three carriers.

AT&T customers hit by widespread cellular outages in U.S.

NBC News posted:

By Marlene Lenthang
AT&T’s network suffered widespread outages across the country Thursday morning with cellular service and internet down, according to the tracking site Downdetector.

Some Verizon and T-Mobile customers also reported outages, though both companies said those affected had been trying to contact AT&T users.

Over 32,000 AT&T outages were reported by customers at about 4 a.m. ET Thursday. Reports dipped then spiked again to more than 50,000 around 7 a.m., with most issues reported in Houston, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, and Atlanta, according to the site.

That number surged to more than 71,000 just before 8 a.m. ET.

A little over 1,100 T-mobile outages and about 3,000 Verizon outages were reported as of 7 a.m. Thursday.

It's not clear what triggered the service disruption.

AT&T acknowledged the issue Thursday morning saying: “Some of our customers are experiencing wireless service interruptions this morning.”

“We are working urgently to restore service to them. We encourage the use of Wi-Fi calling until service is restored,” the company said.

On X, the company has been responding to customers reporting cell service issues across the country.

Verizon said Thursday morning that the outages are not affecting their network directly, only customers trying to reach another carrier.

T-Mobile also said early Thursday that the network didn't suffer an outage and is operating normally, and Downdetector numbers likely reflect customers attempting to reach users on other networks.

The outages pose a concern as some people may be unable to call 911 in the case of an emergency.

San Francisco’s Fire Department said on X that it was aware of an issue affecting AT&T wireless customers from making and receiving phone calls, including 911.

“The San Francisco 911 center is still operational,” the office said. “If you are an AT&T customer and cannot get through to 911, then please try calling from a landline. If that is not an option then please try to get ahold of a friend or family member who is a customer of a different carrier and ask them to call 911 on your behalf.”

Similarly, Chicago's Office of Emergency Management & Communications, Virginia’s Prince William County police department and North Carolina’s Charlotte-Mecklenburg police department have issued warnings on X alerting the public about the outage while acknowledging some customers were briefly unable to contact 911.

Atlanta Mayor Andre Dickens said in a statement that the city is gathering information to assist in resolving the issue.

“Atlanta’s e-911 is able to receive inbound and make outbound calls. We have received calls from AT&T customers that their cellular phones are in SOS mode,” Dickens said.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Nenonen posted:

Children are part of God's plan for you. Sometimes God plans for you to have no children. In which case, tough poo poo, die alone

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

volts5000 posted:

Pack it in everybody. Fox News has figured out how Trump has been increasing his poll numbers with black voters. They love sneakers.
https://x.com/acnewsitics/status/1760580220371759166?s=20

Also, didn't see this mentioned. Check your phones because there's been a big cellular network outage across the country and affecting the big three carriers.

Pundits were saying the indictments would help Trump with black voters because black people are all criminals

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus
I do have some feelings about the ethics of IVF when there are so many children without homes stuck in the foster system or on the streets. But I know what an expensive nightmare adoption can be, so I am not sure I can really blame anyone for taking the alternative expensive nightmare of IVF.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

zoux posted:

Pundits were saying the indictments would help Trump with black voters because black people are all criminals

Don't slander Fox News pundits. They did not say that.

They said that black people all love rappers and many rappers have done time in prison, so it will give Trump street cred and make him popular among black voters who admire criminals.

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

They said that black people all love rappers and many rappers have done time in prison, so it will give Trump street cred and make him popular among black voters who admire criminals.

drat. If Trump releases a diss track on Biden, he's guaranteed to win in November.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Meatball posted:

I'd love to see them ban the pull out method :smug:

seriously, I hope they ban it and install surveillance cameras in bed rooms, that's my kink :sweatdrop:

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Just do it in a hot tub. Can't get pregnant in a hot tub.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

volts5000 posted:

Also, didn't see this mentioned. Check your phones because there's been a big cellular network outage across the country and affecting the big three carriers

Thx ATT you fucks I have an interview scheduled

Fork of Unknown Origins
Oct 21, 2005
Gotta Herd On?

Professor Beetus posted:

I do have some feelings about the ethics of IVF when there are so many children without homes stuck in the foster system or on the streets. But I know what an expensive nightmare adoption can be, so I am not sure I can really blame anyone for taking the alternative expensive nightmare of IVF.

I do agree. Although adopting isn’t actually expensive if you’re willing to go the foster/adoption route (they pay you!) but you get a lot less control over who you get in terms of age, plus you have to go through the trauma that can come from the foster system which, having been indirectly involved in it for a while, isn’t nothing.

Sarcastro
Dec 28, 2000

zoux posted:

Similarly, the Vela incident in 1979, where a double-flash was observed in one of the remotest parts of the ocean, is thought to be a joint test between South Africa and Israel. The Apartheid A-Bomb

Yeah, although that one I fully believe.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Leon Trotsky 2012 posted:

I regret the error.

https://twitter.com/IAPolls2022/status/1760701958409605469

I know, "polls lol" but this one is showing that Sinema would be pulling way more from Gallegos than Lake. That he maintains a +3 advantage in a three-way race is encouraging. Not as encouraging as the double digit lead in the head to head. God I hope she doesn't run.

zoux fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Feb 22, 2024

Winterion
Jun 20, 2017

Here for the root beer!
:bubblewoop: watch.winterion.com

zoux posted:

(picture I will not suffer you to see twice)

Iconic carpet. It pains me to see that event held in the same hallowed grounds as MAGFest.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

IIRC Sinema is running out of time to mount an independent bid for the seat

I think she has to get a certain amount of signatures by April to get on a November ballot

Morrow
Oct 31, 2010
Turns out lobbyists and high power donors are bad at knocking on doors and getting lots of signatures. Why won't all her grassroots supporters return her calls?

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

Winterion posted:

Iconic carpet. It pains me to see that event held in the same hallowed grounds as MAGFest.

CPAC has been there much longer

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Is it a given that Lara Trump will be installed at the RNC?

I mean, the GOP has basically caved to Trump in every way at this point, starting with having no party platform except “TRUMP”, followed by the failures to impeach and then becoming a more complete capitulation with McCarthy going down to Mar a Lago and signing over the keys to GOP fundraising to Trump.

Putting the family formally in charge of the RNC and its money is kind of the final step, along with changing the name to the Trump Party. Will there even be any resistance to this final step? I see little reason why there would be.

Relevant Tangent
Nov 18, 2016

Tangentially Relevant

The few business republicans left have no one to unite behind and the authoritarian theocrats are ascendant. The only question left is if the people who don't pay attention to elections until the week before are going to put the chain around their own necks as well as everyone else's.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Relevant Tangent posted:

The few business republicans left have no one to unite behind and the authoritarian theocrats are ascendant.

Haley, such as she is. They aren't enough of a faction anymore to support her though.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Relevant Tangent posted:

The few business republicans left have no one to unite behind and the authoritarian theocrats are ascendant. The only question left is if the people who don't pay attention to elections until the week before are going to put the chain around their own necks as well as everyone else's.

the dems are gonna be hitting the airwaves hard with all the insane theocrat poo poo the GOP is spewing and since its all nuts and true believers on deck for the GOP, the mostly wont back away from the crazy unpopular poo poo. its not 2016 where trump was some uknown quanaty and people assumed he would be a boring non culture war NYC republican.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Haley, such as she is. They aren't enough of a faction anymore to support her though.

alot of it is the buiensess faction has no leverage. if the cut the social nuts, they are just Manchin types but somehow shittier. might win some suburban support back BUT not much. the issue is also their canidates just suck, its either some boring rich carpetbagger, sometimes a wounded vet or some rich carpetbagger but a minority.

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

The big issue, such as it is, is that to voluntarily shed themselves of Trump and his brood, the GOP would have to be willing to eat a one hundred percent guaranteed big election loss, across the board. For at least one cycle, possibly more.

At every turn they have shown themselves completely unwilling to do that and would much rather take their chances with what a fascist dictator takeover of their party and the country would look like.

In recent cycles they have been eating the losses anyway even going with Trump but when they finally ditch him they are guaranteed at least one massive blowout loss, not the usual narrow ones.

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

Some of them already tried to disavow Trump in 2016.

There's nothing "the party" can do because Trump has the support of ~85% of the party.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Zwabu posted:

The big issue, such as it is, is that to voluntarily shed themselves of Trump and his brood, the GOP would have to be willing to eat a one hundred percent guaranteed big election loss, across the board. For at least one cycle, possibly more.

At every turn they have shown themselves completely unwilling to do that and would much rather take their chances with what a fascist dictator takeover of their party and the country would look like.

In recent cycles they have been eating the losses anyway even going with Trump but when they finally ditch him they are guaranteed at least one massive blowout loss, not the usual narrow ones.

yeah. the issue is "do i take the bad loss now and probably for a while after until demos/plans align" or "do run with the psycho and either lose badly and get forced into this again next time But possibly win and hope i can take back the reigns when he dies either way"

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

Yeah, this is what an actual populist takeover of a party looks like. Very unfortunate that America is such a demonic country that the populace rallies around Donald loving Trump instead of Bernie, but them's the breaks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

volts5000
Apr 7, 2009

Byzantine posted:

Yeah, this is what an actual populist takeover of a party looks like. Very unfortunate that America is such a demonic country that the populace rallies around Donald loving Trump instead of Bernie, but them's the breaks.

Well, it helps that billionaires have set up entire media empires across many fronts to make it happen.