Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Splorange posted:

Look, if you can't find a good cup of coffee in Abidjan, you're hopeless tourist.

Sadly it seems the only way you can get Folgers in Cote D'Ivoire is if you have it imported

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

Ok person who goes to, Africa, for nice coffee. Like France for wine. Your taste is bad

Sir, this is the Schadenfreude thread.

You specifically go to Côte d'Ivoire to have a nice time doing cool poo poo with cool people.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007
Ooo! Look at me! NO DON'T LOOK AT ME!

Splorange posted:

Sir, this is the Schadenfreude thread.

You specifically go to Côte d'Ivoire to have a nice time doing cool poo poo with cool people.

In the schadenfreude thread, good sire, we investigate others misfortune and noone has a nice time, thank you very much!

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.
PYF Schadenfreude: It's been a pretty sensible discussion so far

https://i.imgur.com/y4XseNd.mp4

Borscht
Jun 4, 2011
Why does she say “sister” when opening the door?

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

Splorange posted:

More bothered that the thing implies you can't get good coffee in west africa. Like say the Ivory coast. Which patently wrong. Unlike incest.

Well if it's so good there, why isn't it called Côte du Café, then?!

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

In reality a coat made of ivory would be both impractical and ethically questionable.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
It would basically be a coat of lamellar armour.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Borscht posted:

Why does she say “sister” when opening the door?

The producers deliberately added that line to erase any doubts it was incest

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I haven't watched the video but will assume he said "come on incester".

Splorange
Feb 23, 2011

Samovar posted:

Well if it's so good there, why isn't it called Côte du Café, then?!

Probably the same reason why Côte du Incest is called Britain.

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
incester, the god of incest or the incest demon, pick your flavour

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Non Compos Mentis posted:

incester, the god of incest or the incest demon, pick your flavour

Alabama, incester than Pitcairn.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe

Splorange posted:

Probably the same reason why Côte du Incest is called Britain.

tru fax : where my family is from in the northwest of france, people often have hip problems earlier than usual, due to historical incest, in the uk, otoh, people just look like that.

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

steinrokkan posted:

The producers deliberately added that line to erase any doubts it was incest

Some executive at Folgers, "if we don't do something, people will think we encourage grooming or premarital sex."

Marketing dept: "Hey so we added a disclaimer line saying that this is neither, just plain ol' incest."

Folgers exec: :perfect:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

staberind posted:

tru fax : where my family is from in the northwest of france, people often have hip problems earlier than usual, due to historical incest, in the uk, otoh, people just look like that.

Can't imagine incesting so hard you dislocate your sibling's hip, but then I didn't try very hard.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

staberind posted:

But do you have Blue Fugates in France?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ogma
Jun 6, 2003

Let the festivities commence!

This got much funnier when I looked up the price of this tequila.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I got Folgered in another thread. I blame you people.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Isn't putting your alcohol in direct sunlight a really fuckin' bad idea anyway, if you have any intention to drink it at any point?

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Or you know, any glass sealed container.

I make moss terrariums as a hobby, most of which are hermetically sealed and not meant to be reopened (often). More than two people have put these things in direct sunlight and then get surprised their plants got cooked sous-vide and/or cracked the container.

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Isn't putting your alcohol in direct sunlight a really fuckin' bad idea anyway, if you have any intention to drink it at any point?

And so the invention of coloured glass and beer never ever being in anything not uv resistant (for long). The purer the ethanol the lesser the issues though => Vodka in clear glass

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Yes, but also that's the thinnest glass bottle ever made

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I have a booze dog on the (inside) windowsill and my curtains haven't caught fire yet. It probably is a bad idea tho.

e: So's no-one has to GIS it.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 15:24 on Feb 22, 2024

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
Why does it have glass nipples :psypop:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Malachite_Dragon posted:

Tell you what if it had actual dog-flesh nipples I would not have it on my windowsill.

Shardix
Sep 14, 2011

The end! No moral.

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Tell you what if it had actual dog-flesh nipples I would not have it on my windowsill.

Coward

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

ThisIsJohnWayne posted:

And so the invention of coloured glass and beer never ever being in anything not uv resistant (for long). The purer the ethanol the lesser the issues though => Vodka in clear glass

I was making a cider for Thanksgiving and my dad had the day off asked if I needed anything still said yeah grab me a bottle of Vodka (there's several people that will just ask for other drinks and don't want a seasonal cider) . He left it on my kitchen counter in direct sunlight while I was at work. The bottle of Svedka did not survive, it took several days to get the smell completely out of apartment. It cracked at the neck that slid off and I guess it completely evaporated because the bottle was empty when I saw it. Smell was horrible you could smell it from outside. It was like sticking your nose in a bottle and taking a good whiff.

Amphigory
Feb 6, 2005

Are you sure your dad didn't just have a wild day off in your kitchen

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Malachite_Dragon posted:

How else you gonna suck out the booze?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Can't imagine incesting so hard you dislocate your sibling's hip, but then I didn't try very hard.

skill issue.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Amphigory posted:

Are you sure your dad didn't just have a wild day off in your kitchen

Pretty sure! I'd actually meant for him to have it there since they were hosting he thought I needed it for the cider. We had a good laugh.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

steinrokkan posted:

Yes, but also that's the thinnest glass bottle ever made

my borosillicate lab glassware is thinner.

I think.
wait, are you telling me elon's company used the shittiest stuff they could get away with because they know the people they sell to are absolutely the easiest marks imaginable?

huh. ??!!

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

But do you have Blue Fugates in France?

er, i dunno, am i related to it and does it have a hole?

ThisIsJohnWayne
Feb 23, 2007

pixaal posted:

I was making a cider for Thanksgiving and my dad had the day off asked if I needed anything still said yeah grab me a bottle of Vodka (there's several people that will just ask for other drinks and don't want a seasonal cider) . He left it on my kitchen counter in direct sunlight while I was at work. The bottle of Svedka did not survive, it took several days to get the smell completely out of apartment. It cracked at the neck that slid off and I guess it completely evaporated because the bottle was empty when I saw it. Smell was horrible you could smell it from outside. It was like sticking your nose in a bottle and taking a good whiff.

Yeah my bad, mind was entirely on the effects on the taste not physics. Maybe hubris of never having to fear the sun as her bright visage so often fades in my memory? Mea qulpa

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

staberind posted:

skill issue.

Jesus, thread, forget about pulling up, fuckin pull out!

Large Testicles
Jun 1, 2020

[ASK] ME ABOUT MY LOVE FOR 1'S

3D Megadoodoo posted:

you're not supposed to try at all jerry

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

tribbledirigible posted:

Odd milking technique

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe

tribbledirigible posted:

*POP*
ok, now what,
want a cup of folgers?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Yes.

But no cream.