Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ruffian Price posted:

I just have a fake identity memorized to give out if it means a discount, it's just strings of characters, nobody confirms if they're real as that would hurt metrics

"I'm Elon Musk's child §̸̡̢̡̟̤̯͕̣̭̯̘̤̤̝̠͎͉̞͎̫͉̫̫̟̗̼͐̑̾͒̐̈́͒̉̀͑̓̈̈̎͑̍̈́̈̎̒̈́̐̎̓͆̋̏̾̋̈́̄̅̿̉̉͒̈̕̕͜͝½̷̛̛͍͙̰̯̫̬̭͉̤̝̰͙̰̻̺͚̝̭͙͕̭̩̎̀̉̒̉̿̔̀̀̽͂͒̾̾̃̐̑́͂̈̇͛̉͒͌̅̍̇̃́̾̈́̇͌̂̍̿̊͆̚̚͜͝͝͝͝͝͝͝ͅ½̶̡͔̲͚̦͓͚̣͙̤̠̠̱͖̞̼͈̱͔̰̜͓̭͚̭͔̞̩̳̌̐́̇̽̌̆̀̆̓̂̾͊̂̌̾͑͒̑̌́̈́̔̇̌̾̌̇́̈́̅̚͘̚͜½̶̧̡̨̛͈̳̪̘͇̝̜̻̖͕̳̥̘̣̲̝͈̳̪̙̰̩͍̫̖͈͍̼̺͉̥̺͚̺̜̠͓̩̝̹̭̥̰͎̪̔̏̾̓̌̈̔͆̒̏͒̿́̌̍͊̾͂̆̓̇̅̎͛̾͑͑͜͜½̴̳͍̥͙̼̮̩͔̼̱̻̼̜̪̠͚̣̟̤̖̬̙̟̺̠͕̰̘̾̑͑̔̽̎̄̔́͗̀̽̂͒̔̒̿́͆̒̎̄̄̆̽̆̽̚͘͜͠͠͝ͅͅ¤̷̡̢̧̛̛͉̟͚͚̫̖̪̥̺̪̝̬̤̜̟͔͕͍̦̞̺̮͚̼̦͍̱̬̬͖̞͙͇̔̇̌̇̃̊̒̓̄̃̃͑͗̈́́̀́̍̆͊̍͂̑̋̅̽͘̕̕͝͝€̴̡̧͙̱̰̺͍̙̝̱̺̠̻͎̼͖̺̠̜̘̹̫͖͈̠͕̝̱̭͚̺̞̣̪͔̱̲̮̘̗͙̠̠͌̅͌̍͒͜ͅÅ̶̧̨̨̡̛̜̟̘͕͕̳̳̙̘̩̭̰̱̖̖̱̻͎͇̤͈̼̲͓̱̥̯̼̺̺͓̭̲̹̱̝̘̊̔͐͌̈́͒̒͐͌̾̂̍̎̽̀̐̉̓̀̿́͋́͗͒̒̄̈́̇͐̒̿̈̍̕͝͝ͅͅÖ̷̡̡̨̢̢̡͚̰̞̯̩̩̱̯̯̫͉̥͖̯̟̩͙̘̬̠͚̆̊͋͛̌͆͂̈́̉̕͘͜͝͝ͅͅƠ̴̛̟̦̞̮͎̫̜̮̖̝͈͙̜̱̺̱͍͚̫̟͎̩͖̝̯͍̜̝̭̈̈́̈̓͐̽̓͋̍̓͋̒̈͂͗̿͆̈̃͆̽́̒̑̇̈̉̓̋̈́̆̑͌́̒͐̈́̉͛̄͊̀̚͘͠Ä̷̢̢̡̧̱̠͕͎̺̺̲͉̖̥̝̹̘͇̤̺̙̹̎̃̈́̂͂̓̇̓͐͗̎̃̑̈́̍̓͂̓̃̾̍̅̀̉͂̀̈̏̊̿͂̄̀̾̑̕͘͘͝͝͠ͅå̴̢̧̨̡͚̱̯̼̖̩̹̥͉̞̖̰̱̼͍͎̦̩͍͚̹̥͕̹̝̫̠̟̬̱̖̝̜͎̟̘̱̤̲͍͖̬͌̿̍̎͜!̴̠̼̻̟̠̞͎͂̂͒͐̄̉͝!̵̢̨̡̧̰̫̙̤̤̱͍̤̥̤̻͖͙̩̙̮̖̳̳̹̤͚̝͙̩͖̠̯̩̬̝͈̲̪̄ͅ´̷̢̧̢̡̡̡̰̭̝̤̦̦̼͈̫̜̯̝̜̞̳͇͚͙̩͔͖̘͇̙̣̰͈̼̠̞̱̳͓͍̭̜̫͔̫̹̦̏̀͆̀̓̀̒̉̿̈́̎̉̋̈́͋͋̿͛̒̔̋̉̓̚͘͘͝͠^̵̨̧̢̡̛̹̻̲̥̼̥̺͍̲̣͕͖̖̦̭̺̘̻͎͉̱̫̯͆͒̓͑͒͐̑̈̓͂̋̊̀̾̒̏̌̉̃̉̓̀̿̅̂͒͌̚̚͜͝ͅ how do you do my good cashier."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
E: ^^^^ or that

Ruffian Price posted:

I just have a fake identity memorized to give out if it means a discount, it's just strings of characters, nobody confirms if they're real as that would hurt metrics

"Certainly, helpful cashier, my Name is -20KLn8tJ+34_V>g^'a6{@F*409m[=iUCEX and I live at 123 Fake Street, Alaska 10001. Have a wonderful day"

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Ruffian Price posted:

"I'm Corey Trevor, this is my brother Randy Trevor..."

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!
But it's totally ok with company policy for them to take your Fred Meyer fuel points after you decided you don't want them, and thus them technically not even spawning into existence yet?

Cus I kinda doubt that it is. Companies ain't known for giving their employees extra compensation they can get away with not giving.

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Orange Devil posted:

But it's totally ok with company policy for them to take your Fred Meyer fuel points after you decided you don't want them, and thus them technically not even spawning into existence yet?

Cus I kinda doubt that it is. Companies ain't known for giving their employees extra compensation they can get away with not giving.

Idk maybe they’re just polite to a fault? They always ask permission though, it’s kind of adorable, Safeway too but I don’t go there very often so smaller sample size

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

Karach posted:

cashiers are always asking customers for their e-mail. When I tell them "you don't need that," they look personally hurt. I don't think anybody ever says no.

let me tell you a story

I went to stines, a hardware store, to buy some tape. next to the register were these little starter pots of herbs, 50c each
I bought 8, and they rang up for a dollar each. after paying I noticed and brought it up to the cashier.

she asked me for a phone number

I was like “what? just give me four dollars back I literally paid with cash it’s right there”

and she said she had to put a phone number in to start the return
so I told her to use her number and she said she couldnt or they’d think she was stealing so then this older guy came up and was trying to calm me down and I’m like “I’m calm motherfuckers I’m just not about to rattle off any of my details for a $4 mistake your cash register made” and the girl was like “nobody wants to hack your information” and the old guy was acting like he was going to call the cops because I was raising my voice

long story short I got my money back and my personal info is all over the dark web and real web

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

I probably would have just eaten the $4 but I’m pretty conflict avoidant

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
but friends call me Droppy.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

i am harry posted:

let me tell you a story

I went to stines, a hardware store, to buy some tape. next to the register were these little starter pots of herbs, 50c each
I bought 8, and they rang up for a dollar each. after paying I noticed and brought it up to the cashier.

I was like “what? just give me four dollars back I literally paid with cash it’s right there”

so I told her to use her number and she said she couldnt or they’d think she was stealing so then this older guy came up and was trying to calm me down and I’m like “I’m calm motherfuckers I’m just not about to rattle off any of my details for a $4 mistake your cash register made” and the girl was like “nobody wants to hack your information” and the old guy was acting like he was going to call the cops because I was raising my voice

long story short I got my money back and my personal info is all over the dark web and real web

did you get the tape?

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
i would have simply picked 7 numbers at random and avoided ruining a service worker's day.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Shame Boy posted:

But just imagine how many store bonus points you could get for all the money exchanged during an armed robbery

7. you get seven points. not eight, not six. it’s in the points handbook.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

poemdexter posted:

i would have simply picked 7 numbers at random and avoided ruining a service worker's day.

but then they’d think she was stealing

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I was totally calm but yes I was raising my voice and calling people motherfuckers and onlookers were threatening to call the police.

Give me my tiny plants

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Failed Imagineer posted:

I was totally calm but yes I was raising my voice and calling people motherfuckers and onlookers were threatening to call the police.

Give me my tiny plants

And now every time I taste cilantro I taste the righteousness of a phone number held sacrosanct

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
Should have taken 8 more herb plant things and just called it even

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

500excf type r posted:

Should have taken 8 more herb plant things and just called it even

But then they'd have an inventory shortage and they'd think she was stealing.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Karach posted:

even then, they seem sad, like they don't know what to do next.

its cause they're gonna get yelled at by their management for not pushing the poo poo hard enough

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer

poemdexter posted:

555-867-5309

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Kitfox88 posted:

its cause they're gonna get yelled at by their management for not pushing the poo poo hard enough

I guess if that's their job they should get yelled at. We all have to do our job, even if we don't like it! And I've probably made their life very difficult with unnecessary hostility, which, as a former retail worker, I ought to recognize is wrong.

I think I'm just going to chill from now on and stop trying to be a rock in the river of commerce. "Let it go" is my new motto.

PoundSand
Jul 30, 2021

Also proficient with kites

To be fair... posted:

555-867-5309

If a place just needs a phone number to confirm an account and it’s not like an app you clip coupons for using the local area code plus that number p much always works. I did that for a long time before the stores near me moved to digital coupons

Laterite
Mar 14, 2007

It's Gutfest '89
Grimey Drawer
having a Dennis Reynolds-level meltdown over a $4 overcharge ftw

The Chairman
Jun 30, 2003

But you forget, mon ami, that there is evil everywhere under the sun
I once went to a shoe store where the cashier would not let me proceed without giving them a phone number, and I didn't want to bother because I was out of town and it was a chain place that doesn't exist near me

I ended up just putting the shoebox down and walking out because I was peeved by the policy

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

i am harry posted:

always has been

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Laterite posted:

having a Dennis Reynolds-level meltdown over a $4 overcharge ftw

"You didn't think of the darkweb, you bitch!"

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

The Chairman posted:

I once went to a shoe store where the cashier would not let me proceed without giving them a phone number, and I didn't want to bother because I was out of town and it was a chain place that doesn't exist near me

I ended up just putting the shoebox down and walking out because I was peeved by the policy

You can give them any number.

Bixington
Feb 27, 2011

made me feel all nippley inside my tittychest
Area Code-867-5309 is a classic trick.

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

i am harry posted:

let me tell you a story

Congrats on bragging about yelling at a teenager who isn't allowed to mace you, I guess.

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

i am harry posted:

let me tell you a story

just say 555 8675309 you buffoon

BRJurgis
Aug 15, 2007

Well I hear the thunder roll, I feel the cold winds blowing...
But you won't find me there, 'cause I won't go back again...
While you're on smoky roads, I'll be out in the sun...
Where the trees still grow, where they count by one...
People who take their frustration out on entry level cashiers and poo poo suck. Yet I also sympathize with people who get screwed and have no recourse.

I once dropped money on some special phone plan to allow my phone to work in another country. I described my needs at the phone store and they signed me up, showed me how to do it, and took my money.

Well I had to meet somebody in a boat at a remote landing and the journey was more than half a days drive. A few hours out I tried to call them. No go.

Eventually I stopped at a gas station and they let me use their phone and I made that work, but it ultimately cost everybody a good chunk more time (not to mention the stress of them not being able to reach me when they called to check my progress). And I couldn't use my phone until I returned home.

When I returned to the store they just flat out said I was beat. The service they'd sold me for one reason was useless, and my money would not be returned. I was paycheck to paycheck behind a counter myself at the time, so I didn't want to take it out on the register guy. I was furious though and he could tell and seemed honestly scared. He gave me a number to call but warned me it would be useless. It was. What the gently caress.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

lmao I’m skipping all the boring poo poo where I went

oh hey these were on sale

and she goes ok what’s your phone number

and I go you don’t need a phone number i just need a couple dollars back

and she said I need a phone number to do the return

and I’m like it’s not a return

and she’s like well technically they make me do this

and I say well then give them your number

and she said theyll think I’m stealing if I do that

and I say ok just bring them down and I’ll explain that you aren’t

and she goes look just give me your phone number

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
dude she wanted to gently caress

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
saying things can be interpreted as a hostile act.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

tokin opposition posted:

Eating meat causes cancer

The thing that humans have been eating since there have been humans?

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

and then I go I really don’t want to give stine my phone number over some basil seeds

and she goes why

and I’m like well every time I give anything my information it ends up on the internet

and she goes ugh nobody cares about your information

and then this other guy comes up and goes is there a problem

and I say well sort of these things were half off and I’m just trying to get the money back without giving anyone my info

and he goes well what’s your phone number

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

HashtagGirlboss posted:

Yes sir, can I just get your phone number to tie the robbery discount to your account?

Usually when they ask me for a phone number and say I don’t want to give it they get happy and ask if I mind if they use their own phone number so I get the discount and they get the points. Win win really

I told my friend about the jenny trick to get points or rewards at places and he called me a thief lmao

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

i am harry posted:

lmao I’m skipping all the boring poo poo where I went

oh hey these were on sale

and she goes ok what’s your phone number

and I go you don’t need a phone number i just need a couple dollars back

and she said I need a phone number to do the return

and I’m like it’s not a return

and she’s like well technically they make me do this

and I say well then give them your number

and she said theyll think I’m stealing if I do that

and I say ok just bring them down and I’ll explain that you aren’t

and she goes look just give me your phone number

you're just making more work for no reason and loving up her flow

Coolness Averted
Feb 20, 2007

oh don't worry, I can't smell asparagus piss, it's in my DNA

GO HOGG WILD!
🐗🐗🐗🐗🐗

i am harry posted:

and then I go I really don’t want to give stine my phone number over some basil seeds

and she goes why

and I’m like well every time I give anything my information it ends up on the internet

and she goes ugh nobody cares about your information

and then this other guy comes up and goes is there a problem

and I say well sort of these things were half off and I’m just trying to get the money back without giving anyone my info

and he goes well what’s your phone number

tell us more, you've almost convinced me

blatman
May 10, 2009

14 inc dont mez

just lmao if you have enough energy to raise your voice about anything these days

anger is too expensive

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Failed Imagineer posted:

"You didn't think of the darkweb, you bitch!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
should have held the line at "you don't need my phone number" making it about your phone number ending up online created a moment of weakness and that's when she chose to strike, follow me for more verbal combat tips