Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

kalel posted:

nah it's gonna be bad because *spins the hater wheel* feyd-rautha isn't wearing a speedo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Feyd will now be wearing a Speedon't.

The Chad Jihad
Feb 24, 2007

For whatever reason this is the vid that cracked my brain and turned me into a fan of RLM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_BdUFSZ888

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

gently caress Dune when does the Beatles Avengers movie come out

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

16-bit Butt-Head posted:

kom susser jakk

Free xjakk

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

the man is 90% of SA's advertising money. you think he's above the cheeky rereg? free him now or suffer the storm

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

as the thread tastemaker, i know everyone is just champing at the bit to hear my opinion on xjakk but im still formulating one so please be patient

earlier i was saying i have been watching the mission impossible movies and i finished part 4. rankings so far (indisputable):

1) mi:4
2) mi:2 (shut up bitch)
3) mi:3
4) mi:1

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

2 is the worst one and 1 is the best sorry.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

I can't even remember 2,was that the one with Scotty?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

I think it's Ruffalo diplomatically/cryptically saying "Disney won't pay me what I want for a feature that they would hope would make a billion dollars so gently caress 'em"

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
There are plenty of other threads where xjak could have posted his videos, they did not belong here and no one watched or discussed them but him

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

I think 99.9% of us are here today because in the mid 2000s a man named Mike Stoklasa made YouTube videos where he criticized movies in a creepy voice in a weird murder dungeon

So to say XJakk and his videos weren’t relevant to this thread is patently absurd, and most of the vitriol sent his way wasn’t in the hopes of a more focused thread, but just an excuse to be cruel to someone and get away with it

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Improbable Lobster posted:

There are plenty of other threads where xjak could have posted his videos, they did not belong here and no one watched or discussed them but him

please this is an RLM only posting zone except when it isn't which is all the time

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Endless Trash posted:

I think 99.9% of us are here today because in the mid 2000s a man named Mike Stoklasa made YouTube videos where he criticized movies in a creepy voice in a weird murder dungeon

So to say XJakk and his videos weren’t relevant to this thread is patently absurd, and most of the vitriol sent his way wasn’t in the hopes of a more focused thread, but just an excuse to be cruel to someone and get away with it

Nah. He was an attention whore and he could have just stuck to his own thread.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
no

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

trilobite terror posted:

I think it's Ruffalo diplomatically/cryptically saying "Disney won't pay me what I want for a feature that they would hope would make a billion dollars so gently caress 'em"

I think he's just being prudent. He's saying "Marvel movies are doing worse and worse. I enjoy acting and I do not want to damage my brand by starring in what could very well be the most expensive flop yet for the most powerful studio who owns each and every one of us."

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

counterfeitsaint posted:

I think he's just being prudent. He's saying "Marvel movies are doing worse and worse. I enjoy acting and I do not want to damage my brand by starring in what could very well be the most expensive flop yet for the most powerful studio who owns each and every one of us."

that sounds right

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 57 minutes!
X JAKK is finally gone from this thread :woop:

Now to read a bunch of posts discussing X JAKK at length :sigh:

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Sydney Bottocks posted:

lol

The Good Queen Clitoris
May 11, 2008

You raised my hopes and dashed them quite expertly, bravo sir!

Lot of salty old grandpas in this thread jealous of xjakk's youthful vigor.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

sharknado slashfic posted:

I can't even remember 2,was that the one with Scotty?

no its john woo ripping off john woo and it is year 2000 awesome schlock

edit
fuckin dawn of the willennium woooooo. uh huh woooooo. john wooooo. sorry. i just drank like a pot of coffee

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iJBBXz4Rdck

goodbye xjakk

we're flying over you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ws9QBGKROMQ

goodbye xjakk

thread's flying over you

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

the only solution is to let him come back

better inside jakking out than outside jakking in

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Improbable Lobster posted:

The same could be said about your posts, and yet here they are...

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

MarcusSA posted:

Nah. He was an attention whore and he could have just stuck to his own thread.

Irrelevant self promotion isn't tolerated in other threads

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Feb 22, 2024

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

LanceHunter posted:

The same could be said about your posts, and yet here they are...

I don't constantly promote youtube videos

Also I don't accuse people of telling me to kill myself after I get criticized

Kingo Ligma
Aug 24, 2019

Ask me about calling people racist because I failed geography.
I like that Xjakk exists, I like ribbing him, I hope he keeps making videos and enjoying doing it, I will never watch one.

I also fear that if he leaves, I will be inarguably the worst poster in the thread.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.
I like to think that we are all the worst poster in the thread.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Hackers film 1995 posted:

no its john woo ripping off john woo and it is year 2000 awesome schlock

edit
fuckin dawn of the willennium woooooo. uh huh woooooo. john wooooo. sorry. i just drank like a pot of coffee

Ohhh yeah, I remember watching that at my grandparents at some point. All the Missions Impossible kind of blend together in my head.

LanceHunter
Nov 12, 2016

Beautiful People Club

Patreon Update!

Red Letter Media posted:

February Updates

Hey everyone! We've got several videos in various stages of planning and/or shooting. We're working on a re:View for the 90s cult movie The Dark Backward starring Bill Paxton as the filthiest person alive and Judd Nelson as a failing stand up comedian who grows a third arm out of his back (guess which two hosts are talking about that one). We're also going to be doing a new Wheel of the Worst very soon. And finally, another trivia video! Not Star Trek again this time though! We also have another project that's kind of simmering in the background but it's still in the early planning stages. It may involve ghosts.

Space Jam
Jul 22, 2008

hopefully mike is going to visit a haunted house and settle this ghost matter once and for all

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Star Wars trivia, Mike vs Rich, both in golden bikinis

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.
https://twitter.com/DiscussingFilm/status/1760701129250206177?t=cVYUUQV6PxKxUuJe_Bw6bg&s=19

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!
I hope the next trivia episode is hosted by Rich and is about Lucasarts point and click adventures

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Space Jam posted:

hopefully mike is going to visit a haunted house and settle this ghost matter once and for all

Um, didn't you see all the spooky haunted objects they displayed

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

I watched mission impossible 2 recently and thought 'oh wow this is a fun breezy movie, starts in-media res in a heist like normal MI movies, doesn't overexplain things, really short runtime, I wonder why it has such negative reviews?'

turns out several years back I had previously watched it partway through, abandoned it for being bad, but amazon remembered where I left off

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 22:25 on Feb 22, 2024

priznat
Jul 7, 2009

Let's get drunk and kiss each other all night.

Endless Trash posted:

For real, cannot agree more. XJakk is putting in some effort for sure, if you don’t like it fine just don’t watch and scroll on by. I like that he’s just out there doing his thing living the dream.

#TeamXJakk

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I put a lot of effort on the toilet after eating 2 large quattro formaggios in one seating, too.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Hopefully X JAKK and No Mods No Masters resurrect. Thread needs more posters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crescent Wrench
Sep 30, 2005

The truth is usually just an excuse for a lack of imagination.
Grimey Drawer

LanceHunter posted:

Patreon Update!

Oh God, The Dark Backward? I suffered through that maybe a year and a half ago and it was one of the most unappealing movies I've ever seen. Almost actively painful to endure. I was on the night shift with our newborn, and the most fun I had during the movie was when I had to pause in the middle to make a bottle and change his diaper after a blowout.