Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

ElGroucho posted:

This IVF thing is terrible, truly terrible....

HOWEVER, less Alabamians is pretty good

How does that ruling get challenged exactly?

Because it is insane as just a legal argument

Even this demented SC used a states rights argument.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neodymium
Jun 23, 2012

Data Graham posted:

I was about to say something about "licensed sexhavers" but that's what it is for them, a marriage is a license to have sex

Issued only to women

Mandatory sex

I think the GOP, at this point, legitimately wants to make all sex rape. Marital rape, child rape, workplace rape, even what chuds would consider "legitimate rape", they seem determined to facilitate them all.

I can't parse their actions any other way.

They want a world where E. Jean Carroll would have been killed for coming forward.

They want a world where single parenthood is suicidal.

They want a world where sex exists only as a weapon, and a toy, for their wanna-be-patriarchs to get their sadistic rocks off with.

They want a world where anyone with ovaries is considered chattel.

They're trying to create a society where Billy Bob Sixpack can keep his wife and kids locked inside 24/7 like rats, and where the cops are required to bring them back when they run, regardless of what Billy Bob's "lawful property" says or shows to them.

The GOP is a party of rapists, of rape enabling, and rape apologia.

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

I appreciate your patience, this is a tricky maneuver

TulliusCicero posted:

How does that ruling get challenged exactly?

Because it is insane as just a legal argument

Even this demented SC used a states rights argument.

I feel like there needs to be a concerted effort to take these rulings, devise the most insane unintended-consequence case scenario, and push suits based on those scenarios through the court system. Let them choke on these rulings, and if they try to weasel around them then use the new clarified ruling to devise more scenarios to sue over.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
That’s why they hate Captain Marvel so much. They want Brie Larson from Room, at least the first half, to be the role model for young women, not Brie Larson from Avengers.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright
Chudness doesn't end at the US/Canadian border. This family bought into the US banshees' constant railing against "the woke" aaaaaaand:

Right-wing family moved to Russia to escape LGBTQ+ people. Then Russia froze their bank accounts.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...nts/ar-BB1iF7rI

https://twitter.com/ItsDeanBlundell/status/1759922652255260753

e: "This is Eric Veenstra. He's a loving idiot." lmao

Grey Cat
Jun 3, 2023

Doing stuff and things

Just start making things actually affect middle and upperclass men and tone will change.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
o_0

Random Stranger
Nov 27, 2009

Waltzing Along posted:

Once they start seizing Torbs assets, they will then sell them to partially cover the debt, right? And they are under no incentive to try to sell high. It's just sell as fast as possible to get the $$, right? Essentially a fire sale on Tarmps crap. Is it NY stuff only, or everywhere? How much poo poo does he have, anyway?

Looking forward to him being in jail with no assets anywhere. Even MAL gone.

It's any Trump asset that the state of New York can get their hands on. Since this is a personal debt, it doesn't matter where it's located. Now that introduces some interesting problems because Florida isn't going to let New York enforce its judgment there. But there are places that will cooperate. And if Trump lands in LaGuardia or JFK for his criminal trial, they could just take his plane away, but if he lands at Newark then it might be safe. New York might be able to get Scotland to hand over his golf course which would be hilarious.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

The story about the Michigan GOP's woes contains some choice lols

https://apnews.com/article/michigan-republican-party-rnc-trump-hoekstra-karamo-88d110d19ee2927a83844b9587b7148c

quote:

The Michigan Republican Party was deep in debt when a longtime party donor who had given more than $1 million over the past decade asked for a meeting with its chairwoman.

Kristina Karamo turned down the donor. Her reasoning, according to two people familiar with the matter, was that he was a “Republican in Name Only,” or a “RINO,”

Spend all the party's money and then sell everything that isn't tied down!

quote:

Today, the party’s finances are so dire that Karamo has sued former party leaders so she can get permission to sell the organization’s headquarters.

More fake electors lol

quote:

Unless current plans change, Karamo and Hoekstra will hold separate nomination conventions on March 2 to allocate most of the 55 delegates from Tuesday’s primary.

Trump has inspired the dumbest true believers to gain control of everything in the party at the state level and they are terribe at it

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Neodymium posted:

I think the GOP, at this point, legitimately wants to make all sex rape. Marital rape, child rape, workplace rape, even what chuds would consider "legitimate rape", they seem determined to facilitate them all.

I can't parse their actions any other way.

They want a world where E. Jean Carroll would have been killed for coming forward.

They want a world where single parenthood is suicidal.

They want a world where sex exists only as a weapon, and a toy, for their wanna-be-patriarchs to get their sadistic rocks off with.

They want a world where anyone with ovaries is considered chattel.

They're trying to create a society where Billy Bob Sixpack can keep his wife and kids locked inside 24/7 like rats, and where the cops are required to bring them back when they run, regardless of what Billy Bob's "lawful property" says or shows to them.

The GOP is a party of rapists, of rape enabling, and rape apologia.

Reactionaries are called as such for a very good reason: They simply don't have any plans, they just react to stuff on a pure case-by-case basis.

You are correct that their actions will ultimately lead to a world like you are describing, but it's not like they are building towards anything. You are trying to solve a puzzle where none of the pieces connect to each other.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

If you just say "Based _______" to these kinds of pearl clutching articles it tends to really make people mad

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

great now we're posting Titsy Carlson itt too

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Ok so just include IVF embryos in the census. Suddenly blue states with large populations, higher incomes, and well funded medical clinics have (even) more representation than the reds, and conservatives can never pass anything again.

Hell, let’s be fair: ALL embryos. Pregnant? Congrats, you count twice as much in the census.

Hazo fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Feb 22, 2024

Big Mac
Jan 3, 2007

These Alabama rulings are a "fun" (hosed up) cluster, in part because bringing a legal challenge to a higher court takes long enough that the Alabama legislature can moot the issue quickly. How?
Well, in the post-reconstruction era, when white people went about their merry way of undoing the pittance of equalizing that happened in Andrew Johnson's america, Alabama enacted the god-awful Constitution of 1904. This weird piece of poo poo is currently the longest state constitution, and second longest constitution of any sovereign entity ever, surpassed only by the Constitution of India.

Why is it so long?

Well, because in Alabama there are no state laws. EVERYTHING is an amendment to the state constitution. The judiciary is basically left to gently caress around and maybe interpret things sometimes, and the governor just keeps her thumb up her rear end and sucks poo poo. So if this were to end up in front of any federal court, it would just take a single act of alabama's legislature and that case is mooted. New amendment. New loving around. Start from scratch.

Unless it is ruled federally unconstitutional, then nothing the state of alabama passes is capable of being unconstitutional.

This also sucks for ten thousand other reasons, but that's the fun one here

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
Is there a reason she's Titsy instead of just Titty

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

more like founDDing fathers

Aramis
Sep 22, 2009

Froghammer posted:

Is there a reason she's Titsy instead of just Titty

She's got more than one of them.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

kazil posted:

more like founDDing fathers

lol

lmao

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club
HISTORY MESSIN'

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

lmao isn't that the picture of "if tucker carlson was a woman"? I swear I've seen that before and I can't for the life of me get a hit on it now

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
bring back the 3/5 thing, but its for fertilized eggs.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

Trump should take over

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

You can't even ask AI to show you Thomas Jefferson Big Naturals anymore. because of Woke

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

Media at all levels gets an amazing amount of mileage out of essentially stress-testing an autocomplete algorithm and then gasping at the results.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Signature is right there on the Declaration of Independence, I don't see how that's wrong

thunderspanks
Nov 5, 2003

crucify this

kazil posted:

Trump should take over

trump VERY SUBTLY hinting that he's gonna need a regular paycheque again soon

WHY BONER NOW
Mar 6, 2016

Pillbug

kazil posted:

Trump should take over

Been a while since i saw him talk about RATINGS

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

It's never dawned on him that the only person who has publicly mentioned "ratings" in the last 20 years is himself

Neodymium
Jun 23, 2012

Catastrophe posted:

Chudness doesn't end at the US/Canadian border. This family bought into the US banshees' constant railing against "the woke" aaaaaaand:

Right-wing family moved to Russia to escape LGBTQ+ people. Then Russia froze their bank accounts.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Russians decide to press-gang Dad once the Western press forgets him, and frankly Mom and Dad can lie in the bed they made.
I pity the kids who have had their lives destroyed by parental brainworms, though. Their options are basically nonexistent.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
If fertilized embryos are people in AL then isn't not implanting those embryos a crime? So now they got to force.pregnancy on people

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Random Stranger posted:

It's any Trump asset that the state of New York can get their hands on. Since this is a personal debt, it doesn't matter where it's located. Now that introduces some interesting problems because Florida isn't going to let New York enforce its judgment there. But there are places that will cooperate. And if Trump lands in LaGuardia or JFK for his criminal trial, they could just take his plane away, but if he lands at Newark then it might be safe. New York might be able to get Scotland to hand over his golf course which would be hilarious.

Depends if banks hold the deeds and titles. If they do, he's kinda hosed.

Disco Pope
Dec 6, 2004

Top Class!

Random Stranger posted:

New York might be able to get Scotland to hand over his golf course which would be hilarious.

I loving hope so, I've only ever seen the gate, but its the tackiest poo poo and I hate seeing his name on road signs when I just want to go get a coffee and look at vintage stores on a Sunday.

Discount Dracula
Aug 15, 2003

Nap Ghost
I did everything right and they foreclosed on me.

Catastrophe
Oct 5, 2007

Committed to burn twice as long and half as bright

kazil posted:

Trump should take over

Yeahhhhhh, about that, TRUMP:

‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’ Scores Highest-Rated Season Opener In 6 Years As He Tops Late-Night Charts

https://deadline.com/2023/10/jimmy-kimmel-live-tops-late-night-ratings-1235564284/#!

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I didn't want to live in a world where I was extremely sexually aroused by Thomas Jefferson but AI has stolen that from me.

Now I'm voting straight ticket Republican for the rest of my life and being a reactionary piece of poo poo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Serious_Cyclone
Oct 25, 2017

what am I supposed to do with my Thomas Jefferson boner now that recreational sex is illegal

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

lol

Fucking Moron
Jan 9, 2009

Catastrophe posted:

Eric and I are not related.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
I'm thinking whats going to happen is Truth social go public and the Trumps going to beg to sell off shares. Then when they let him sell off shares he pays the fines.