Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Shart Carbuncle
Aug 4, 2004

Star Trek:
The Motion Picture

jokes posted:

Is there a way to skip the post-mission poo poo because holy goddamn is it boring, I'd like to DIVE DIVE DIVE

It’s all fine information to have, but it’s way too slow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

jokes posted:

Is there a way to skip the post-mission poo poo because holy goddamn is it boring, I'd like to DIVE DIVE DIVE

Once they get out of crisis mode I think shortening the mission summary is one of the first things they'll do, it seems like a common complaint and it's definitely very glacial

Exodee
Mar 30, 2011

Damp and depressing.
It must be a goon in its
natural habitat!

Fentry posted:

Not sure if anyone else has this problem but I can't seem to progress past hard difficulty. I've completed a bunch of hard missions and have achievements for beating hard missions but extreme difficulty still isn't unlocked and says to complete a hard mission, anyone have any ideas?
You have to finish an operation, so for hard when looking at the globe it's all three missions within the yellow border.

... but you can also get lucky and quickmatch in another host's third mission. If you finish then you unlock the next difficulty even though you weren't involved in the preceeding two.

Schnitzler
Jul 28, 2006
Toilet Rascal

Fentry posted:

Not sure if anyone else has this problem but I can't seem to progress past hard difficulty. I've completed a bunch of hard missions and have achievements for beating hard missions but extreme difficulty still isn't unlocked and says to complete a hard mission, anyone have any ideas?

Just to be sure: are you completing a full operation, i.e., 3 grouped missions in sequence? A single mission is not enough, requirement is finishing the operation.

wilderthanmild
Jun 21, 2010

Posting shit

Grimey Drawer

Shart Carbuncle posted:

It’s all fine information to have, but it’s way too slow.

Yeah, the first time it was kinda cool, since then I've generally been annoyed at it

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

Exodee posted:

You have to finish an operation, so for hard when looking at the globe it's all three missions within the yellow border.

... but you can also get lucky and quickmatch in another host's third mission. If you finish then you unlock the next difficulty even though you weren't involved in the preceeding two.

This, but there is a known issue still I think where people get stuck unlocking the next difficulty. There's a huge thread in the official Arrowhead Discord support channel with a bunch of people having the problem.

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.
I fear the game may actually be mid.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Fentry posted:

You have to complete an entire hard operation, not just one mission.

If you're sure you've done that, there's a support thread on their official discord where the CMs can fix it for you.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
AFK kick seems to be doing its job! Logging in works now.

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
I missed it in my first solo mission but can you run out of respawns? If the whole party dies at about the same time do you lose?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

KingKapalone posted:

I missed it in my first solo mission but can you run out of respawns? If the whole party dies at about the same time do you lose?

You get 5 guys per player. If everyone dies and you have more dudes you'll all deploy again simultaneously.

E: also if you run out of respawns you will slowly get more. I think it's a new guy every 90 seconds after you run out.

Durzel
Nov 15, 2005

Worth noting that if you overcharge the Railgun and blow yourself up, the gun s gone when you redeploy. It’s logical but also means you could be out a support weapon for some time if you’re not careful.

I don’t know if it’s me but I found it a lot harder to kill Chargers and Titans with overcharged Railgun shots. Whereas I seemed to be able to kill Titans in about 4 headshots, now it takes several. Same with Charger head shots.

Legit Businessman
Sep 2, 2007

Fentry posted:

You have to complete a hard CAMPAIGN. Not a single mission. Same for the rest of the difficulty tiers.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://x.com/pilestedt/status/1760830515039416798?s=61&t=fWsm-upldseXptBaVlet9Q

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

jokes posted:

Hit your objectives pilot

Aesis
Oct 9, 2012
Filthy J4G
I finished warbonds yesterday. 2015 for Mobilize and 686 for Steeled Veteran. You only need like half to unlock weapons and boosters though.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

deleted, what was it

e] just had an impossible run where the extract took off as soon as i jumped in, with no countdown timer. That's not normal right? People were v mad, lol.

Janissary Hop
Sep 2, 2012

Are daily orders not refreshing?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
Okay I heard the Breaker Spray n' Pray really sucks but how bad can it really b--
https://i.imgur.com/1mp4tju.mp4
Oh

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
that webm makes me very sad because autoshotties are very fun usually :(

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Kitfox88 posted:

Good news: The regular Breaker is also full-auto

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate

Kitfox88 posted:

the regular breaker is a great auto shotty

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

I have renamed my ship to SES Whisper of Gold

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Insert name here posted:

Okay I heard the Breaker Spray n' Pray really sucks but how bad can it really b--
Oh

You sprayed but you forgot to pray.

ScootsMcSkirt
Oct 29, 2013

Insert name here posted:

Oh

what niche is that even suppose to fill? sucks when theres completely dead end weapons but i hope they rebalance stuff so that every weapon at least has some scenario where its the most useful

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
I only started yesterday and haven't unlocked the breaker yet but I'm pleasantly surprised with the basic shotgun on the first page of the pass. Given the kind of game it is I was expecting basically a melee weapon but it's half decent at range and my reflexively reloading rear end appreciates the shell by shell loading (same with the senator)

I'm eying the flame breaker in the premium pass too, but I worry it'll be worthless or just lead to bugs on fire setting ME on fire.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
I tried a couple of challenging-level evacuations on the robot ice planet, and we were totally overwhelmed by hulks like when the mission type was bugged to be too difficult. Is the bug back?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

deleted, what was it

e] just had an impossible run where the extract took off as soon as i jumped in, with no countdown timer. That's not normal right? People were v mad, lol.

https://x.com/Pilestedt/status/1760836229979930642?s=20

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

bandaid.friend posted:

I tried a couple of challenging-level evacuations on the robot ice planet, and we were totally overwhelmed by hulks like when the mission type was bugged to be too difficult. Is the bug back?

A "fix" to this mission appeared in two patches and it doesn't seem any different to me.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Fentry posted:

Assuming you've actually completed an operation on that difficulty, so a string of missions, you may just be bugged. I'm bugged myself, stuck unable to select anything above easy and have completed operations on 5. Hasn't been fixed in the most recent patch either and I've tried every workaround I can think of. Until then I have to wait for the boys to host.

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

last i ran the defense mission, it was noticably easier than it had been; the nerfs are having an effect. But it still feels like something is fundamentally wrong with the mission. Why are there so many sub objectives outside the mission area? Why are there so many patrols in addition to the dropped forces? Why do the patrols have flares enabled?

the worst part is definitely that people won't press the Democracy-forsaken button though.

its so easy! just press it!

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

BastardySkull posted:

A "fix" to this mission appeared in two patches and it doesn't seem any different to me.

It seems ever so slightly easier on harder modes but you're still absolutely hosed if you fail to man each button constantly and aren't wiping out drop ships on the way in.

It's a mission where a recoilless team can shine like a diamond.

Also yeah spam "push button" in chat lol

JBP fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Feb 23, 2024

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

New favorite tip:

"Don't forget to take breaks!
---------------------------
If you want to be remembered as a coward!"

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Yeah I'm definitely the only one making an attempt on the buttons once the robots appear. Usually one button gets a press or two before they do, but after that the objective is completely forgotten

Alkydere
Jun 7, 2010
Capitol: A building or complex of buildings in which any legislature meets.
Capital: A city designated as a legislative seat by the government or some other authority, often the city in which the government is located; otherwise the most important city within a country or a subdivision of it.

I'm torn on the armor piercing liberator. It seems to be better against mid level enemies while worse against trash? Which is actually a good tradeoff I feel on bugs since I can just pop the little dudes with my revolver. Against robots the three shot burst would either pop the trash-bot's head or it just seemed to take an extra burst or two to kill it more than it really should have.

On the other hand I laughed when I discovered the medium armor piercing could actually damage the weak point on the back of stationary turrets. Still bounced off of the mortar turrets, but that's what grenades are for.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

ScootsMcSkirt posted:

what niche is that even suppose to fill? sucks when theres completely dead end weapons but i hope they rebalance stuff so that every weapon at least has some scenario where its the most useful

I can only speak to the Fire version of it which fills the niche of Dotting small enemies and eggs - ESPECIALLY EGGS - to death in one hit.
The regular spray and pray looks like rear end with no benefit.

hobbez
Mar 1, 2012

Don't care. Just do not care. We win, you lose. You do though, you seem to care very much

I'm going to go ride my mountain bike, later nerds.
Had a robot data extraction mission on hard and was shocked that no tanks showed up? We cake walked the whole mission.

Just seems weird since on hard chargers are absolutely everywhere in the bug missions

KingKapalone
Dec 20, 2005
1/16 Native American + 1/2 Hungarian = Totally Badass
Every time I try to start a mission at the map it says connection error. New issue? First time I've ever even gotten this far.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Scrub-Niggurath posted:

New favorite tip:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnitzler
Jul 28, 2006
Toilet Rascal

hobbez posted:

Had a robot data extraction mission on hard and was shocked that no tanks showed up? We cake walked the whole mission.

Just seems weird since on hard chargers are absolutely everywhere in the bug missions

I believe tanks = bile titan and the robot equivalent for chargers are the extremely armored hulks with the heat sink on their backs.