Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.

The Last Call posted:

I recall quite a few sites putting up notices saying this would be done due to safety rules and regulations otherwise it would be impossible to import it at all.

That's my recollection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shiftypenguin
Mar 15, 2005

Antique Roadshow
I remember getting V1 masterpiece Megs with that plug and it was very loosely used in and very easy to remove.

I can't remember if V2 Megs had the plug too but I might have ordered him from Amazon Japan.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer
Meanwhile the nefarious decepticons laugh because at this point, at least in america, it is far more easy to get a real gun than a Megatron that turns into a gun toy.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Probably cheaper too.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

This is interesting - Legacy United Wave 5:

Tra Gen legacy UNI Core BW Dinobot
Product Number: F8519

Tra Gen Legacy UNI Dlx G1 Sureshot
Product Number: F8531

Tra Gen Legacy UNI Dlx G2 Breakdown
Product Number: G0134

Tra Gen Legacy UNI Dlx Armada Wheeljack
Product Number: G0135

Tra Gen Legacy UNI Dlx Cosmos PR
Product Number: G0133

Tra Gen Legacy UNI Voy Ramjet PR
Product Number: G0136

Tra Gen Legacy UNI Voy Tarn PR
Product Number: G0137

Tra Gen Legacy UNI LDR G1 Overcharge
Product Number: G0139

Tra Gen Legacy UNI Galaxy Shuttle PR
Product Number: G0138

A very interesting assortment. We've got:
  • 4 Package Refreshes of hard to find or exclusive figures
  • 2 figures that were supposedly canceled from this year's lineup (Dinobit II and Sureshot)
  • The G2 Stunticon that would normally be in this year's Walmart capsule
  • Diaclone colors Blitzwing
  • A reuse of the Shattered Glass Sideswipe tooling

This almost feels like a Victory Lap for Legacy. I wonder if that means the next phase is going to take a bit to ramp up next year.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

SlothfulCobra posted:

It's the other way around. That's actually one of the main reasons that toy guns are restricted. Since it's plausible that anyone, even a child, could get their hands on a gun, that means anyone with something gun-like could be a major threat, either causing a panic or giving the police a reason to shoot the potential attacker.

Of course, Japan has an issue with people using realistic model guns to do robberies, so that presents an issue with realistic toy guns even in a much less armed society.
They do NERF guns based on Fortnite guns which are just real guns. It makes no loving sense that Megatron is not just a gun now.

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Actually, yeah. Bring on garish neon yellow Megatron.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Arquinsiel posted:

They do NERF guns based on Fortnite guns which are just real guns. It makes no loving sense that Megatron is not just a gun now.

In the US he'd have to be colored wild colors and have a blaze orange tip affixed. If you're doing G1 accurate, that doesn't work. So they don't.

Shiftypenguin posted:

I remember getting V1 masterpiece Megs with that plug and it was very loosely used in and very easy to remove.

I can't remember if V2 Megs had the plug too but I might have ordered him from Amazon Japan.

V2's tip was solidly glued in the metal barrel piece. You had to heat it up with a hair dryer and pry it out with pliers.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
And it was worth it.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner

Robot Style posted:

They later recolored it to a grey version.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

The Last Call posted:

Hah, I still have that version of megs crated in storage. Love those hideous colors.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

The Last Call posted:

They also did a red version

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Robot Style posted:

This is interesting - Legacy United Wave 5:

Tra Gen legacy UNI Core BW Dinobot
Product Number: F8519

Tra Gen Legacy UNI Dlx G1 Sureshot
Product Number: F8531

Tra Gen Legacy UNI Dlx G2 Breakdown
Product Number: G0134

Tra Gen Legacy UNI Dlx Armada Wheeljack
Product Number: G0135

Tra Gen Legacy UNI Dlx Cosmos PR
Product Number: G0133

Tra Gen Legacy UNI Voy Ramjet PR
Product Number: G0136

Tra Gen Legacy UNI Voy Tarn PR
Product Number: G0137

Tra Gen Legacy UNI LDR G1 Overcharge
Product Number: G0139

Tra Gen Legacy UNI Galaxy Shuttle PR
Product Number: G0138

• 2 figures that were supposedly canceled from this year's lineup (Dinobit II and Sureshot)

This almost feels like a Victory Lap for Legacy. I wonder if that means the next phase is going to take a bit to ramp up next year.

YES ARMADA WHEELJACK

Time to plan on buying three Overcharges meanwhile…

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Could that be a core TM2 Dinobot or am I just spitballing?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
The leak indicated it's regular Dinobot.

Cowslips Warren
Oct 29, 2005

What use had they for tricks and cunning, living in the enemy's warren and paying his price?

Grimey Drawer

Tighclops posted:

Could that be a core TM2 Dinobot or am I just spitballing?

to this day i wonder if show BW Megs wanted him to look that hosed up, or he just made do with whatever scraps he had on hand to Frankenstein up his old buddy.

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Robot Style posted:

Donthe neon green in the bottom right, slap on sone camo, call him G1.5 Megs and you're gold.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

The Last Call posted:

Probably cheaper too.

There’s a MiB G1 Megs at my local comic shop going for about 800 bucks, so yeah I could easily get a gun for less.

drrockso20 posted:

They also did a red version

I have the original as well as the chromed Takara Tomy one.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Feb 23, 2024

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Rhymenoserous posted:

so yeah I could easily get a gun for less.

They're free in trucks with a "Molon Labe" sticker on the window, all you need is a rock

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady
Never realised that invitation was so polite before.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Would Apelinq with a top hat and beard be Ape-linqon?

Comfortador
Jul 31, 2003

Just give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have.

Wait...wait.

I worry what you just heard was...
"Give me a lot of b4con_n_3ggs."

What I said was...
"Give me all the 3ggs_n_b4con you have"

...Do you understand?
If not it drat well should be.

usenet celeb 1992
Jun 1, 2000

he thought quoting borges would make him popular
https://hasbropulse.com/products/transformers-masterpiece-mpg-08-trainbot-yamabuki?_kx=DaL9RBEj74p5bOyvoCtrOkDtbr_zAGLIlw477JJEJxg.LqpvWS

So, like, is the plan to eventually have enough train guys to make a second Raiden?

Robot Style
Jul 5, 2009

Probably - seems like they're doing the Diaclone Recolor thing and will combine into a new character called G Liner.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Robot Style posted:

2 years ago, when this stuff was being set up and finalized, Lenny Panzica who had been in charge of Transformers at Hasbro briefly, suddenly departed for GI Joe. So it seems likely to me that the planned end of LegUni/what comes next wAs disrupted by this change in such a way that we're now seeing this filler wave.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Four or five hundred backers happened between today and yesterday.

15,379 Backers now for RID Optimus. 16, 000 for that second unlock. Would Hasbro do a secret tier?

It still has twenty days to go. This appears to be one of the better responded Haslabs.

Time of the year probably helps.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

I legitimately don’t understand why people thought this would be the one to fail

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Most common response I saw when it got revealed was "Who asked for this?"

Especially when compared to something like Unicron which had struggled so hard.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

And yet not only did it succeed, it’s the fastest TF HasLab yet.

Keldroc will get after me for saying this, but there IS an appetite for these characters to come back. The TF incarnations people dismiss had a bigger impact than people think.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Nodosaur posted:

And yet not only did it succeed, it’s the fastest TF HasLab yet.

Keldroc will get after me for saying this, but there IS an appetite for these characters to come back. The TF incarnations people dismiss had a bigger impact than people think.

Are there any “vintage” RID toys that belong in my collection and worth tracking down?

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
It doesn't hurt a lot of people who grew up with that version of the character are now teens or older with their own money.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

Xenomrph posted:

Are there any “vintage” RID toys that belong in my collection and worth tracking down?

The Autobot Bros., Build Team, Team Bullet train, Unite Warriors Baldigus/Ruination, any version of Scourge/Black Convoy, the Predacon trio, Gigatron/Megatron…really you can’t go wrong with any of them.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
Just seeing the YouTube thumbnail of the painted Omega Prime the other day was pretty impressive, I'm sure that's snagged a few hunnerd more backers

Tighclops
Jan 23, 2008

Unable to deal with it

Grimey Drawer
Omega Prime is far more affordable than Unicron was and looks much more fun to play with, it's not hard to see why this one did well

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Hopefully they’ll take away the knowledge that non-G1 haslabs are good too, and they’ll finally do the Animated Omega Supreme. :yaycat:

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Nodosaur posted:

The Autobot Bros., Build Team, Team Bullet train, Unite Warriors Baldigus/Ruination, any version of Scourge/Black Convoy, the Predacon trio, Gigatron/Megatron…really you can’t go wrong with any of them.

Build team and the bullet trains were pretty drat cool, same with the car bros.

Nodosaur
Dec 23, 2014

yeah and Skybyte and the three Predacon brothers are the best color schemes those molds have ever had

Unchanged in Gas Skunk's case, but still technically true

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

the power of G1 nostalgia wanes, we become more and more irrelevant.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

The three Autobot Brothers are all pretty unique in the ways that they transform, Sideburn might be the cooler figure since his kibble lifts out of the way cleanly, but X-Brawn has probably got the most iconically weird transformation with his hood arm and spare tire holder feet and undercarriage missiles, and I like how his head is in the driver's seat in vehicle mode.

The Build team is alright, and Wedge is by far one of my favorite figures for both his articulation and his design that has very little kibble and when I was younger I also imagined like a starfighter mode. Grimlock is pretty neat for how weird he is, but Hightower and Wide Load are literally interchangeable (same mold with minor retools, but Hightower does have cooler guns). I'm not generally into combined modes, and boy while RiD was a step past the G1 bricks, there was a very long way to go. But it is kinda fun how it's the one torso robot that is smaller than the limbs, and you can have Wedge in full on-robot mode just hanging off the limb structure if you want. Very different from how things are typically done, and the whole Transformers franchise has an issue with not having enough takes on construction vehicles, despite those being some of the most interesting vehicles out there.

Gigatron I suppose some people would be into for the complexity and uniqueness, but he has that problem that many-mode robots where he can turn into a lot of things that kinda look like a jumble of parts. He's got an okay crane mode I guess. There's a lot of reissues and recolors you might like. Obsidian from Beast Machines got a more tasteful Desert Storm paint job.

Even counting all the reissues of molds, RiD was a pretty short and small toyline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Picked up Studio Series ROTB Wheeljack and Scorponok today.

Wheeljack has an extremely demanding order of operations with significant clearance issues, weirdly mostly in the car-to-robot direction. He's charming enough in both modes and significantly different from the "Coreboy" mainline Wheeljack, but apart from the licensing he's honestly worse. Pick him up if you're a completionist, there's not much novelty here.

Scorponok is an absolute delight. He has an extremely clever and fun transformation that preserves an astonishing amount of articulation in both modes. Pro buy.

Also a few days ago I got Concept Art Megatron and I don't know if I mentioned him already but he's goddamn spectacular. His alt modes are sketchy but he has so much charisma, articulation, and polish you won't mind.