Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Chinston Wurchill posted:

Stardom February 17

HM: Hanan & Saya Iida vs. Mai Sakurai & Chanyota

This was action-packed and hard-hitting and the crowd was super hot. Over-delivered like crazy!

Nth very close to a motyc

There is a spot in the match where it just goes crazy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

forkboy84 posted:

HM
20th February
All Japan Excite Series Night 1
Atsuki Aoyagi & Yuma Aoyagi vs Kento Miyahara & Rising HAYATO
Watch this here

MOTYC
20th February
PWF Junior Heavyweight Title
Dan Tamura(c) vs Fuminori Abe
Watch this here

Man, this ripped. I had to tap out before the main event because I'm tired, but yeah, these 2 matches slap.

Nth these two, and also from the same show

HM
SUWAMA vs Hideki Suzuki
Katsuhiko Nakajima (c) vs Jun Saito - Triple Crown

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

HM
20th February
Triple Crown Title
Katsuhiko Nakajima(c) vs Jun Saito
Watch this here

HM
14th February
Stardom in Korakuen
Elimination Tag
Empress Nexus Venus (HANAKO, Maika, Mina Shirakawa, Waka Tsukiyama & Xena) vs Stars (Hanan, Hazuki, Mayu Iwatani, Saya Iida & Yuzuki)
Watch this here

HM
14th February
Stardom in Korakuen
Giulia, Mei Seira & Suzu Suzuki vs Oedo Tai (Momo Watanabe, Natsuko Tora & Starlight Kid)
Watch this here

HM
15th February
Pro Wrestling NOAH LIMIT BREAK 1 ~Starting Over~
Masato Tanaka vs Mohammed Yone
Watch this here

It's pretty cool seeing a motivated Yone, & of course Tanaka is terrific.

MOTYC
15th February
Pro Wrestling NOAH LIMIT BREAK 1 ~Starting Over~
Atsushi Kotoge & Go Shiozaki vs Jun Akiyama & Yuji Nagata
Watch this here

The Limit Break show was pretty cool. I get that people have fallen off NOAH but this is worth a look.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

WMOTYC - Deonna Purazzo v Madison Rayne - AEW Dynamite 2/21

This match was atrocious, slow, cold, and unenjoyable. Also likely contained an injury. The worst in AEW/RoH in as long as I can remember

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

The Taxman posted:

This match was atrocious, slow, cold, and unenjoyable. Also likely contained an injury. The worst in AEW/RoH in as long as I can remember

2nd, that was shockingly bad

I know talent was thin on this episode but Deonna would've easily had a better match with a local jobber

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEW Dynamite 2/21

HM: Blackpool Combat Club (Jon Moxley & Claudio Castagnoli) vs. FTR (Dax Harwood & Cash Wheeler)
HM: Swerve Strickland, Brian Cage, & Samoa Joe vs. 'Hangman' Adam Page, HOOK, & Rob Van Dam

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

The Taxman posted:

Nth. Not good.

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 2/21

HM: Swerve Strickland, Brian Cage, & Samoa Joe vs. 'Hangman' Adam Page, HOOK, & Rob Van Dam

Also nth. A lot of fun!

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

The Taxman posted:

this was not good. at all

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 2/21

this was !

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 2/21

HM: Blackpool Combat Club (Jon Moxley & Claudio Castagnoli) vs. FTR (Dax Harwood & Cash Wheeler)

Nth.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The Taxman posted:

nth. ugly, and not just the finish

katatonic
Mar 14, 2007

The Taxman posted:

Nth. I can only assume they called in Madison at the absolute last minute here because she looked lost from the get go. Hachi machi.

Long-Time Lurker
May 20, 2021

readin'-but-not-postin'-jones
I know coaches don't necessarily have to be the best athletes themselves but how the gently caress can any promoter entrust Madison Rayne to train their women's division lol.

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004
The things that happen when Emi is in Japan

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

Long-Time Lurker posted:

I know coaches don't necessarily have to be the best athletes themselves but how the gently caress can any promoter entrust Madison Rayne to train their women's division lol.

I don't know how Rayne is a a trainer, but this raises a good question - why was Madison Rayne in this match, anyway? They've got countless women on the roster.

A Fancy Hat
Nov 18, 2016

Always remember that the former President was dumber than the dumbest person you've ever met by a wide margin

The Taxman posted:

Pylons posted:

AEW Dynamite 2/21

Nthing the 3 of these.

Madison just seemed totally out of step with Deonna, I’m wondering if she was a literal last minute substitution or something.

The other two matches kicked rear end.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Edward Mass posted:

I don't know how Rayne is a a trainer, but this raises a good question - why was Madison Rayne in this match, anyway? They've got countless women on the roster.

last night was supposedly a total mess when it came to talent availability, injuries and travel issues really restricted TK's options (though he should still take his share of the blame for going with the worst choice possible)

Diplomat
Dec 14, 2009

The Taxman posted:

Nth, this was a mess

Punch McLightning
Sep 19, 2005

you know what that means

Grimey Drawer
MOTYC: FTR vs. BCC, 2/21 Dynamite
HM: Adam Page, Hook, & Rob Van Dam vs. Brian Cage, Samoa Joe & Swerve Strickland, same show
WMOTYC: Deonna Purrazzo vs. Madison Rayne, same show

Numero6
Oct 10, 2012

ここは地の果て 流されて俺
今日もさすらい 涙も涸れる
ブルーゲイル

The Taxman posted:

Nth. Tony, please...

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Is this the first AEW match to qualify for WMOTYC in the last two years? Ever?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Dango Bango posted:

Is this the first AEW match to qualify for WMOTYC in the last two years? Ever?

nah there's a couple each year

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Plenty of MJF poo poo made wmoty last year

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Ah my bad. Now that I had a chance to pull up the 2023 thread, there's a lot that I forgot about getting enough votes because it was more booking-related than just a terrible match.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Dango Bango posted:

Ah my bad. Now that I had a chance to pull up the 2023 thread, there's a lot that I forgot about getting enough votes because it was more booking-related than just a terrible match.

yeah like 75% is booking prefs/weird stips, 25% actual slogs. the links to all the previous moty threads are in the op of the 2024 thread!

like that butch and blade vs, the hardys table eliminator match in which no one really knew how the stip was supposed to work

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

ROH Honor Club 2/22

HM: Sandra Moone vs. Red Velvet
HM: Billie Starkz vs. Robyn Renegade
HM: Komander vs. AR Fox vs. Matt Sydal vs. Exodus Prime
HM: Athena(c) vs. Nyla Rose, ROH Women's Championship, 2/3 falls tables match

Last match is a borderline MOTYC. Athena is the loving best.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Pylons posted:

ROH Honor Club 2/22

just these two for me, but seriously, everyone find a couple hours to watch ROH this week

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Pylons posted:

ROH Honor Club 2/22

Nth.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
HM: The System vs. Time Splitters & Kevin Knight - TNA Impact 2/22

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Ganbare Pro Desire February 23rd
HM
Shuichiro Katsumura (c) vs Takuya Wada - Spirit of Ganbare Openweight Title
- Some really good action here that went about 5 minutes too long

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Pylons posted:

ROH Honor Club 2/22

Nth to all of these.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

WMOTYC: El Desperado (C) vs. SHO for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title - NJPW The New Beginning in Sapporo 2/23
El Desperado is one of the best wrestlers on the planet. This match sucked.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Jerusalem posted:

WMOTYC: El Desperado (C) vs. SHO for the IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title - NJPW The New Beginning in Sapporo 2/23
El Desperado is one of the best wrestlers on the planet. This match sucked.

Nth.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

HM: Mayu Iwatani (C) vs. Mina Shirakawa for the IWGP Women's Title - NJPW The New Beginning in Sapporo 2/23
Match of the night. The crowd basically had no idea who either of them were and by the end of the match they were fully into everything, and the ending was really, really good.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Jerusalem posted:

HM: Mayu Iwatani (C) vs. Mina Shirakawa for the IWGP Women's Title - NJPW The New Beginning in Sapporo 2/23
Match of the night. The crowd basically had no idea who either of them were and by the end of the match they were fully into everything, and the ending was really, really good.

Nth.

It was a really good match

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014

Jerusalem posted:

Nth.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Jerusalem posted:

Nth. Very enjoyable, very scrappy.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

Jerusalem posted:

nth

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Jerusalem posted:

Nth. If they'd had a bit more time it could have been a MotYC.

I was pulling for Mina though. :smith:

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Ziggy Tzardust posted:

MOTYC Revolution Pro High Stakes (18/02): Michael Oku (c) vs Will Ospreay for the Undisputed British Heavyweight Title

If you remember how much people gushed about their match two years ago, this match surpassed it in every way. Oku is a lot more mature as a performer. Amira is legit a top 5 manager/valet. Ospreay is one of the best wrestlers of the 21st century. RevPro's technical production still isn't the best but they really made this feel like a Big Fight with how both wrestlers were presented. Combine that with a white-hot crowd that refused to calm down for even a second. I thought it might be "seeing it live" bias so I watched the VOD and it was just as good.

Dave just gave this Six Stars so if you want to watch it, https://revproondemand.com has got you covered (video packages/entrances on the VOD start at around 2 hours 57 mins)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 23 minutes!

The Taxman posted:

Nth. Awful