Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

If he's shown one thing it's that no amount of technology is able to make anything he produces look like art.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.

Fister Roboto posted:

What if they fought in a combination cathedral/basketball court?

That's actually a pretty cool idea, but I doubt it's what the "artist" had in mind.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

What if her right leg had detached from her pelvis and was about to fall out the bottom of her skirt?

Okay it turns out that I owe AI apps an apology because whatever app this moron used wasn't actually responsible for the terrible anatomy and pose and facial expression on that model since it turns out the dumbass drew all that terrible amateurish poo poo himself and used AI to add details:

:psyduck:

There's an entire knowyourmeme page about this bullshit which includes a whole lot of art that people drew as a response

E: lol

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 02:48 on Feb 23, 2024

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

SkeletonHero posted:

An additional reminder that he brought his cool for-real artist brother on a stream and browbeat him into saying he was a good artist, too.

I looked it up and it's so loving bad and awkward

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1VybvjzaK0

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

SkeletonHero posted:

An additional reminder that he brought his cool for-real artist brother on a stream and browbeat him into saying he was a good artist, too.

Powerful older brother move.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Okay it turns out that I owe AI apps an apology because whatever app this moron used wasn't actually responsible for the terrible anatomy and pose and facial expression on that model since it turns out the dumbass drew all that terrible amateurish poo poo himself and used AI to add details:

O.K. so Stable Diffusion is a better artist than this guy specifically.

Egads her face.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Shad made AI drawings of his wife as supergirl which have been heavily criticised

And here's the prompt he wrote to get the 2nd version. (Second row are "things to exclude" which includes "bad art, bad anatomy")

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

Love every one of these guys yelling "MAKE IT GOOD, NOT BAD!!" at a machine

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
I know I will regret asking, but why are certain words in brackets?

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Philippe posted:

Tuning purposes when running the image generator again. Adding more parentheses increases the influence of terms, brackets lowers emphasis while still keeping it as a consideration.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Philippe posted:

I assume to emphasize/prioritize them?

Cloacamazing!
Apr 18, 2018

Too cute to be evil

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Shad made AI drawings of his wife as supergirl which have been heavily criticised

And here's the prompt he wrote to get the 2nd version. (Second row are "things to exclude" which includes "bad art, bad anatomy")

Umm, excuse me, as you can clearly see his prompt included the phrase "perfect anatomy", so clearly her head being the same size as her torso is perfect anatomy, assuming you were going for the anatomy of a toddler.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

((large breasts))

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
MASTERPIECE :kiss:

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Cloacamazing! posted:

Umm, excuse me, as you can clearly see his prompt included the phrase "perfect anatomy", so clearly her head being the same size as her torso is perfect anatomy, assuming you were going for the anatomy of a toddler.

Ah dammit, his prompts also include the term "masterpiece" so we can't complain about the image being lovely because he's got us on a technicality. It's objectively a masterpiece, that's just how the system works. :(

The Sausages
Sep 30, 2012

What do you want to do? Who do you want to be?
Most of the elaborate prompt-fu is cargo culting - people are copying phrases and words that more often than not don't affect the output, because they saw it in someone elses prompting and it seems logical to put stuff like "masterpiece" as a prompt or "bad anatomy" in the negative. But the models/loras/embeddings used affect the style and composition far more than "masterpiece, bad anatomy" do, and some things that seem sensible to AI creators are provably meaningless to the AI e.g, iirc "extra limbs" has zero effect on the number of limbs when included in a SD1.5 prompt, no matter how many (()) you include,

The A1111 interface makes it trivial to drop in hundreds of style tokens in every prompt, which is great for lazy AI creators. But they'd get better results starting with a clean slate and incremental tweaking of prompts instead of that overwrought word salad.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Also the model doesnt actually understand words and the breadth of its 'knowledge' only relates to the what words are associated with images in its set.

A simplification but: if somehow someone mislabeled images of cats as dogs it will plop out a dog when you ask it for a cat. Similarly for such things as 'perfect anatomy' because no ones labelling images with that.

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
https://twitter.com/db_witch/status/1758726409239892283

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

C.M. Kruger posted:

libertarian pedo rape fantasy book

This'll come as a surprise to no one but this poo poo was self published.

Also his fans reverse review-bombed the Amazon listing it's sitting at just under 5 stars, but GoodReads has a larger percentage of honest reviews and they all say that it's dull, poorly written, repetitive dross. A lot of those 1 star reviews start out "I wanted to like this because I'm a fan of his youtube videos but ..."

Oops, maybe he should have got ChatGPT to write it for him

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Has this guy ever swung anything ever? A bat or a broomstick or anything?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

He's a medieval weapon youtuber so I have to assume he's swung something

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
A drinking horn, at least

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

I'm 😤 not a 🦸🏻‍♂️hero...🧜🏻

No thank you.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

I kinda like this one for the accidental surrealism.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
You live tried goat yoga but what about Cronenberg yoga?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Someone made a LinkedIn post about the AT&T outage and decided that it needed this.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ultrafilter posted:

Someone made a LinkedIn post about the AT&T outage and decided that it needed this.

Give them a break, hιm phone'sn't working.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
ham phone

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

He's a medieval weapon youtuber so I have to assume he's swung something

The time that he tried to sharpen a sword while starting with a sum total knowledge of “sharpening stones exist” was pretty funny.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

https://twitter.com/AlsikkanTV/stat...ber%3D2102pti21

https://twitter.com/DaweGardens/sta...ber%3D2102pti21

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I love cartchy tuns!

ScienceSeagull
May 17, 2021

Figure 1 Smart birds.
Catgacating!

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
Has anyone come up with a term for how the nod towards realism or painterly-ness or a specific art style gets AI art people to overlook stuff like the supposedly lavish details just being scribbles, or getting the dang number of limbs wrong?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.

There are more pics of the willy wonka thing lol

https://twitter.com/CultureCrave/status/1762321599402025303?t=L4t52WLsCdj8SHYDxD1kvw&s=19

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

The jellybean tower thing filling the popcorn bucket is like something out of Codex Seraphinianus

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

There are more pics of the willy wonka thing lol

Someone in the comments posted a photo of the lone Oompa Loompa they had at the show

:v:

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Someone in the comments posted a photo of the lone Oompa Loompa they had at the show

🎶 Oompa Loompa, doompa de doo
I've got a disinterested actor for you
🎶

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Once again I lament that images can't be thread titles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Captain Hygiene posted:

🎶 Oompa Loompa, doompa de doo
I've got a disinterested actor for you
🎶

Don't forget that all this happened in Glasgow so if there was any Oompa Loompa singing it would have been in a angry Scottish accent :v:

🎶 Oompa Loompa, doopity dass
I'll stick this candy roller up yer fooken rear end
🎶

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 07:16 on Feb 27, 2024