Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

And now Matt loving Riddle :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

OK, not watching Matt Riddle.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

Jerusalem posted:

And now Matt loving Riddle :sigh:

GO ACE
but I'm going to skip this one, I don't want to risk seeing Tana lose to this guy live in real time, it'll sour me too much on the promotion if it happens. I'll be back in 15 to see Nemeth wrestle for the first time ever, heard for many years that he was good and underused, curious to see if it's true.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
So far Mayu and Mina are strolling their way to MOTN.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sooper Gila posted:

a big part of what frustrated me about this match was I can still see glimpses of 2017-19 EVIL in there, the guy who was almost always good for at least a four star match in the G1. If he was old and hurt and needed a break I would totally understand him needing to rely on a gimmick like this and be happy for him even if I didn't dig the matches. Hell I watched Perro Aguayo for a decade where he mostly just stood in the ring and bled and I was glad to see him. I like EVIL a lot, and maybe he's happier this way, taking less bumps, not getting knocked out and poo poo. I just think a company that's lost this much talent could find a much better use for a guy like him, same way I feel about Sho.

Yeah, it sucks because these were guys that had a lot of potential (particularly SHO, and Narita is another who I assumed would be a big time star) and now they're just wasting away years of their career on this bullshit.

Well, from my perspective anyway. It seems to work in Japan and people enjoy booing them doing exactly the same thing again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again and again so I'm sure it doesn't bother them at all, but man I remember when SHO used to actually be a wrestler and not whatever the gently caress this thing he's doing now is.

Anyways, nevermind that bullshit, Go ACE!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

gently caress.

Off.

:cripes:

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
:geno:

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Hes probably taking over the united empire tomorrow

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

After the good vibes of Fantasticamania, this may be the worst New Japan Show of the year so far, and possibly the worst I can think of since the end of the pandemic era. The only shining spot so far has been a match with two non-New Japan wrestlers in Mayu Iwatani and Mina Shirakawa :psyduck:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Hes probably taking over the united empire tomorrow

Uggggh.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
David Finlay is here to save the sh-never mind.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I do have to laugh at the constant references to Nemeth as a WWE star in this video package, while all the footage is from TNA :allears:

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony
ok, i'm back, tanahashi won, right?

right?

RIGHT?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sooper Gila posted:

ok, i'm back, tanahashi won, right?

right?

RIGHT?

Matt Riddle won in sub-10 minutes. Just the poo poo cherry on the poo poo sundae.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

do I even want to risk watching this given how the night has gone so far?

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

Jerusalem posted:

Matt Riddle won in sub-10 minutes. Just the poo poo cherry on the poo poo sundae.

ok.

I'm going to see the glass being 1/4 full instead of 3/4 empty and say that with the rest of the show being like this it just makes Mayu and Mina look even better.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
It is pretty cool that a women's title match got to main event a New Japan show and nothing happened afterwards.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sooper Gila posted:

ok.

I'm going to see the glass being 1/4 full instead of 3/4 empty and say that with the rest of the show being like this it just makes Mayu and Mina look even better.

ThePariah posted:

It is pretty cool that a women's title match got to main event a New Japan show and nothing happened afterwards.

Yeah, Mayu vs. Mina was legit real drat good with a great finish.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Gedo currently letting everybody know how the show has been:

Gedo: Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, ahhhh poo poo! AH poo poo! SHIIIIIIIIIT

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony
This motherfucker can bump and sell

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Hes legitimately bumping like a maniac here

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony
dudes busting his arse trying to make Finaly look like a monster here

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

The womens match will likely remain MOTN but these guys are putting on a good match here.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

Thank you Former WWE Global Superstar WWE Grand Slam Champion Nic Nemeth

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'm gonna withhold judgement on Nemeth because Finlay really sucks, but I did not enjoy that match at all.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Kind of makes the whole jamming Finlay into the Ospreay/Moxley match feel even more pointless now. Shota should have been successfully defending his Global Title in the main event tonight :smith:

At least the match was okay, that's a big step up from the last 3 matches. :geno:

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

I really liked that. Not high art but a nice little match

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Decent main, but still the worst NJPW show of the year thus far.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Walker gassing this up is hilarious.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

ThePariah posted:

Decent main, but still the worst NJPW show of the year thus far.

Oh yeah easily lol. Very spiteful without the match quality to back it up. Still they are good for a shocker every so often. Hopefully tomorrow is better.

Sooper Gila
Apr 23, 2014

Love
Peace
and Harmony

Burn Down Canberra posted:

I really liked that. Not high art but a nice little match

Yeah I was pretty impressed with Nemeth, I'd heard him compared to Curt Henning a lot and I can see that, his selling was fantastic. I was glad to see him for the first time with someone like Finlay as I can get a better idea how good he is. His offense is still really American, I think he'd likely fit in better in AEW or TNA than here unless he changes that up a bit though.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Sooper Gila posted:

Yeah I was pretty impressed with Nemeth, I'd heard him compared to Curt Henning a lot and I can see that, his selling was fantastic. I was glad to see him for the first time with someone like Finlay as I can get a better idea how good he is. His offense is still really American, I think he'd likely fit in better in AEW or TNA than here unless he changes that up a bit though.

Yeah, his big influences are pretty nakedly Hennig and Michaels
Honestly that makes Tanahashi maybe making the call to bring him in make sense.

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 13:32 on Feb 23, 2024

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Adding onto the day, this sure sounds like a Goodbye New Japan post https://twitter.com/suzuki_D_minoru/status/1760971507025764462?s=20

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

House of torture

Sticky Nate
Jan 9, 2012

the House always wins

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Assuming that OC drops the international title soon, I’d be up for Nemeth/Cassidy at Forbidden Door with Nemeth going over.

https://x.com/prowresclips/status/1760996719083368734?s=46&t=_akPFYiqAqKbxYd3RPf4Jg

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

That Suzuki post is surely just that he got a little too hype about the latest chapter of One Piece :ohdear:

bloodysabbath
May 1, 2004

OH NO!

Chris James 2 posted:

Adding onto the day, this sure sounds like a Goodbye New Japan post https://twitter.com/suzuki_D_minoru/status/1760971507025764462?s=20

Christ there’s no one left

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/GolazoDan/status/1761020835207237834

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PlasticAutomaton
Nov 12, 2016

Artoria Pendonut

Okay seriously, why are you having the company guys who should be some of your biggest stars lose to House of Torture and then give a rub like that to MATT RIDDLE.