Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TacoNight
Feb 18, 2011

Stop, hey, what's that sound?

Sickening posted:

Out of all the cost cutting measures, this seems like one that would greatly affect long term profits.

Look, they pay by the word for translations, and it's just getting unsustainable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
It's a great way to cut short term costs but also to make line go up a bunch in 2 years time when they bring them all back.

Alan G
Dec 27, 2003
Didn't their sales plummet in Hong Kong etc when they went "no more traditional, you can use simplified right?" and got "lol no" as an answer.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Alan G posted:

Didn't their sales plummet in Hong Kong etc when they went "no more traditional, you can use simplified right?" and got "lol no" as an answer.

I think they said (but then, of course they would) that all those regions removed the first time pretty much just buy English anyway.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

https://twitter.com/mtgjp/status/1760862039810171015 some new art for Blooomburrow.

Looks great imo. I loved the Redwall books as a kid.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I think they finally figured out how to make the anime arts good

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

HootTheOwl posted:

I think they finally figured out how to make the anime arts good

Some of the Ravnica Remastered ones were good.

Just not the ones featuring human faces.

Mat Cauthon
Jan 2, 2006

The more tragic things get,
the more I feel like laughing.

Is Bloomburrow a "return to lorwyn" set?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
It's it's own plain and anthropomorphic animals. Return to Lowryn is the winter set.

As long as they don't hire the artist that did the Thrashing Brontodon anime treatment the set should be ok.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Drinking from a toilet, the card

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

Drinking from a toilet, the card

That looks like a bathtub op.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

Sickening posted:

That looks like a bathtub op.

It's the practice of drinking from radioactive old world plumbing, let me have it, ok

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

It's the practice of drinking from radioactive old world plumbing, let me have it, ok

But it has a shower curtain! Sigh... fine.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Maybe the alt art will have a toilet?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Anything's a toilet if you really gotta go.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

It's it's own plain and anthropomorphic animals. Return to Lowryn is the winter set.

As long as they don't hire the artist that did the Thrashing Brontodon anime treatment the set should be ok.

What are you talking about about, Ixalan alt treatments owned. They should do more of those, they look really great together too, rad color palettes. Almost want to make a dino commander deck just to have an excuse to have em, I assumed one artist did em but I haven't checked. Would be cool if Arena had easy links to artists if you're digging the art.

Mix.
Jan 24, 2021

Huh? What?

Macdeo Lurjtux posted:

Return to Lowryn is the winter set.

Return to lorwyn isn't til Q4 2025 :confused:

After Bloomburrow we're getting Duskmourn, and the first main set of 2025 is the interplanar race/Redline set

FishFood
Apr 1, 2012

Now with brine shrimp!

Khanstant posted:

What are you talking about about, Ixalan alt treatments owned. They should do more of those, they look really great together too, rad color palettes. Almost want to make a dino commander deck just to have an excuse to have em, I assumed one artist did em but I haven't checked. Would be cool if Arena had easy links to artists if you're digging the art.

I absolutely loved the few done in the style of Aztec codices by Monica Robles Corzo, Molten Collapse is particularly rad.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
Bloomburrow and Assassin's Creed previews are up. I'm phoneposting, but they're on Reddit. Bloomburrow looks amazing and I need it now.

One neat thing - they've shortened "enters the battlefield" to just "enters".

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Khanstant posted:

I assume he means this one, and not either of the LCI ones.

Mouth Ze Dong
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

LifeLynx posted:

One neat thing - they've shortened "enters the battlefield" to just "enters".

Thanks, I hate it

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

thrashing bronydon

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Retro allies fetches are happening. Sell your old ones today if you want need the money.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

i get a kick out of batched keywords just in general but this is possibly the funniest one they've done so far

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Not sure that's going to catch on.

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

I see they're sourcing the opinions of Commander's worst players for their naming conventions...

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Average commander thought is further filtering into R&D mechanics.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
MH3 has free spells, like everyone predicted/feared. Green one's just Cultivate for either 1GG or sacrificing a nontoken green creature, which doesn't seem too dangerous.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Justin_Brett posted:

Not sure that's going to catch on.

if it's anything like historic/party/modified it's probably not going to be used for anything after this set, but it's a neat mechanic to consider for the one

edit:

Toph Bei Fong posted:

I see they're sourcing the opinions of Commander's worst players for their naming conventions...

AngryBooch posted:

Average commander thought is further filtering into R&D mechanics.

oh lol are people genuinely mad about the name

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
https://twitter.com/Aspiringspike/status/1761125536984613125

wow Laelia is entering Modern with MH3.

One of my personal favorite Cube cards, so good.

edit: Murktide is an immediate home for this.

AngryBooch fucked around with this message at 21:32 on Feb 23, 2024

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

LifeLynx posted:

MH3 has free spells, like everyone predicted/feared. Green one's just Cultivate for either 1GG or sacrificing a nontoken green creature, which doesn't seem too dangerous.

they're all going to be 'sac a nontoken creature of the color' which, at the very least, is somewhat telegraphable compared to just always assuming your opponent has force

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

flatluigi posted:

if it's anything like historic/party/modified it's probably not going to be used for anything after this set, but it's a neat mechanic to consider for the one

edit:

oh lol are people genuinely mad about the name

We're just making cheeky jokes about the person in every pod who takes offense when you Doom Blade their commander.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Ultima66 posted:

It's kind of funny they went with this alternate wincon:

Because it's so insanely low chance to actually hit the win, the only practical way people will every get it to work is by assembling an infinite combo. And because WotC decided to make this an alternate wincon, a LOT more people would try to assemble the infinite combo than otherwise if it just made a ton of treasure tokens or gave some other big advantage.

Except that due to it being tied to rolling a lot of dice with random outcomes, it leads to a 4 horsemen scenario where you can't just say "I have this infinite loop, I'll do it until I win." You actually have to manually play out every single activation. If you set up an infinite loop with 7 bobbleheads, the chance is 1/280,000 each time you roll the dice to win. I saw that mathematically you have the highest chance at 41 dice, not sure on the exact percent chance to win at 41 but no matter how you do it, winning with this card is going to be tedious as all gently caress and not able to be shortcutted.

I think the main purpose is to just make a gently caress ton of treasure tokens op

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Tinybones in Thunder Junction.

Also a look at the signature frame for Junction.... I'm not a fan of this one.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Not very impressed with the arts on these, but they are okay I guess. The polluted delta is a huge let down.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
What's up with that Borderless Polluted Delta?

Scanning error or is the land in some plane that has like rasterized terrain?

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received

You can't target libraries. So glad someone explaining a new mechanic doesn't know the rules. :thumbsup:

flatluigi posted:

they're all going to be 'sac a nontoken creature of the color' which, at the very least, is somewhat telegraphable compared to just always assuming your opponent has force

It requires a commitment of resources to the board in the first place, which involves playing the game before counterspells and and board wipes for zero mana get involved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

AngryBooch posted:

What's up with that Borderless Polluted Delta?

Scanning error or is the land in some plane that has like rasterized terrain?

Its how it look on twitter, i will just assume they uploaded a bad pic. I personally am only looking at the retro versions as its only what i would be interested in.