Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

bloodysabbath posted:

Christ there’s no one left

Eh, Suzuki's not washed but he's clearly been shunted to Dad territory and I doubt he's happy there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Gedo booking and pushing Fed washouts, a sign of advanced TK virus

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Can't get over the fact that Finlay beat Mox and destroyed Ospreay's faction in a cage match, all to have

Dolph Ziggler beat him

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lol

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

brutal but honestly well-deserved

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Saw this picture floating around and just drat :rip:

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Yes No No
No No No
No Yes Yes

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Power Windows posted:

Yes No No
No No No
No Yes Yes

Harsh on GOD.

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH

Power Windows posted:

Yes No No
No No No
No Yes Yes

this is the worst game of Hollywood Squares ever

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Power Windows posted:

Yes No No
No No No
No Yes Yes

Naito is a good champion

War Dogs Jr. are still on the upswing of their careers and figuring stuff out

Eddie's an outsider who is not running any angles and just randomly beats company talent for no reason

so i'd go with like 1.8 out of 9

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

Gaz-L posted:

Eh, Suzuki's not washed but he's clearly been shunted to Dad territory and I doubt he's happy there.

I watched tag league

He's in rough shape

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

*tearfully votes to impeach*

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
So does Riddle pin Okada?

Barry Bluejeans
Feb 2, 2017

ATTENTHUN THITIZENTH
e; n/m

unimportantguy
Dec 25, 2012

Hey, Johnny, what's a "shitpost"?
Suzuki leaving would probably be for the best since it's clear he's not being booked in NJPW the way he'd like, but if Despe goes with him that'd suck.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

unimportantguy posted:

Suzuki leaving would probably be for the best since it's clear he's not being booked in NJPW the way he'd like, but if Despe goes with him that'd suck.

After that garbage last night I wouldn't blame Despy for going if he did, especially given how much he's been working in other places and looking like a star wherever he goes. It was kind of understandable why he would never get to hold the belt for very long when the other option was Hiromi Takahashi, but SHO's a loving joke who appears to have been drained of any of the considerable talent and promise he once had. I dread the thought of YOH being his next challenger because YOH has blossomed away from that endless feud and I really don't want to see him dragged back into that orbit. But I don't want to see anybody dragged into that orbit at all really, what a goddamn waste (including of SHO!).

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
It's also kind of fascinating that they clearly know that the HOT aren't over in the West, given that they're never booked on any of the NJPW US shows or Forbidden Door. But they're also not really willing to put them over on top again either domestically, so... like... they're just kind of 2017 Suzuki-Gun but without the 'we're killers between the ropes who just love fighting too much to stop' vibes?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I don’t want to go crazy and say NJPW is done but I think I might be done with it for a while. There’s just too many things I’m very unhappy about and I’d just really rather never see Riddle anywhere. Chase Owens should never have a belt for any length of time.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Don't think i'll even catch up with yesterday's show, just reading about it is depressing enough. Let's see how Gedo manges to gently caress up Hiromu/DOUKI, Taichi/Shingo, Tsuji/Uemura and Naito/Sanada today

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Still hoping the show was just a terrible aberration and they correct for tonight's show. Because Jesus Christ...

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Tsuji/Uemura double count out and Sanada winning the title back lets go!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

KungFu Grip posted:

Tsuji/Uemura double count out and Sanada winning the title back lets go!

They shave one side of their heads each and still have a full head of hair between them!

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Feb 24, 2024

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

it's an early show for americans, take advantage and watch. Should be a better show than night 1 at least lol and i'm genuinely hyped for the apuestas

New Beginnign in Sapporo
February 24th at 00:00 EST/5:00 GMT/14:00 JST
Hokkaido Prefectural Sports Center

Frontier Zone:Toru Yano and Tomoya vs. Tomoaki Honma and Katsuya Murayama
Umino, Despe, Makabe, YOH, and Oleg vs. House of Torture (EVIL, SHO, Narita, Yujiro, and Kanemaru)
Okada's Farewell:Okada, Tana, Ishii, and Bishamon vs. Riddle, Cobb, O-Khan, HENARE, and Akira
Tama Tonga's Farewell:G.o.D (Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa) vs. G.o.D (Hikuleo and El Phantasmo
Nic Nemeth and Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Bullet Club (David Finlay and Gedo)
BUSHI vs. TAKA Michinoku
Hiromu Takahashi vs. DOUKI
Shingo Takagi vs. Taichi
Hair vs. Hair Apuestas:Yota Tsuji vs. Yuya Uemura
IWGP World Heavyweight Championship:Tetsuya Naito(c) vs. SANADA

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Jerusalem posted:

They shave one side of their heads each and still have a full head of hair between them!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbuq3vTy2IY&t=27s

1glitch0
Sep 4, 2018

I DON'T GIVE A CRAP WHAT SHE BELIEVES THE HARRY POTTER BOOKS CHANGED MY LIFE #HUFFLEPUFF

Power Windows posted:

Can't get over the fact that Finlay beat Mox and destroyed Ospreay's faction in a cage match, all to have

Dolph Ziggler beat him

I mean... that is a choice.

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

The world needs the Rebel to have lost the title

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
This hateful hateful promotion is on

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Thauros posted:

it's an early show for americans, take advantage and watch. Should be a better show than night 1 at least lol and i'm genuinely hyped for the apuestas

New Beginnign in Sapporo
February 24th at 00:00 EST/5:00 GMT/14:00 JST
Hokkaido Prefectural Sports Center

Frontier Zone:Toru Yano and Tomoya vs. Tomoaki Honma and Katsuya Murayama
Umino, Despe, Makabe, YOH, and Oleg vs. House of Torture (EVIL, SHO, Narita, Yujiro, and Kanemaru)
Okada's Farewell:Okada, Tana, Ishii, and Bishamon vs. Riddle, Cobb, O-Khan, HENARE, and Akira
Tama Tonga's Farewell:G.o.D (Tama Tonga and Tanga Loa) vs. G.o.D (Hikuleo and El Phantasmo
Nic Nemeth and Ryusuke Taguchi vs. Bullet Club (David Finlay and Gedo)
BUSHI vs. TAKA Michinoku
Hiromu Takahashi vs. DOUKI
Shingo Takagi vs. Taichi
Hair vs. Hair Apuestas:Yota Tsuji vs. Yuya Uemura
IWGP World Heavyweight Championship:Tetsuya Naito(c) vs. SANADA

About that

quote:

Thank you for supporting New Japan Pro-Wrestling.

Hiroshi Tanahashi, who was scheduled to wrestle on today’s card in Sapporo, has sustained an injury to his right ankle and will be unable to compete.

We apologise to fans who were looking forward to seeing Tanahashi wrestle, and appreciate your understanding.

The following change has been made to tonight’s card:

Kazuchika Okada, Hiroshi Tanahashi, YOSHI-HASHI, Hirooki Goto & Tomohiro Ishii vs Callum Newman, Jeff Cobb, Matt Riddle, Great-O-Khan & Francesco Akira–>

Kazuchika Okada, Toru Yano, YOSHI-HASHI, Hirooki Goto & Tomohiro Ishii vs Callum Newman, Jeff Cobb, Matt Riddle, Great-O-Khan & Francesco Akira

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Cursed, at least it's all CHAOS for Okada on the way out instead on Tanahashi third wheeling it

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
that undercard is so bad

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

In vaguely Nooj adjacent news, the home branch of TMDK is getting bigger

https://twitter.com/EPWPerth/status/1761171477037285583

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

New Japan: Let's book Matt Riddle to beat Hiroshi Tanahashi, we get all the advantages of hiring a noted piece of poo poo whose personal habits are likely to get him banned from the country entirely AND the bonus of injuring one of our biggest stars to boot!

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

BUSHI vs TAKA might be fun, when Taka's motivated he can be entertaining (see his stuff with MAO or in JTO) and BUSHI doesn't have bad matches, just largely bland ones

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Whenever Walker starts talking I think it's Don Callis for half a second. Every single time

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Despy looks ready to kill everyone in the building

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cursed start hopefully intended to just shake off the last lingering tentacles of last night's awful loving show.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
i hope njpw can get a good english commentary team eventually

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

SG Bamboo posted:

Despy looks ready to kill everyone in the building

I wouldn't blame him

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013