Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

apatheticman posted:

I was thinking the other 99% of comments that were basically "we must destroy the brown people"

That's D&D

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Arc Hammer posted:

"Fentanyl from China" actually sounds like karmic payback for the Opium Wars

Don't worry, there are plenty of comments pushing that "theory" too. It's all China's fault for legally producing and exporting precursor chemicals that have other legitimate uses.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

apatheticman posted:

I was thinking the other 99% of comments that were basically "we must destroy the brown people"

That one's just "we must destroy the brown people" in fancier language

apatheticman
May 13, 2003

Wedge Regret

vyelkin posted:

That one's just "we must destroy the brown people" in fancier language

Fair enough.

Makes me wonder what they actually moderate when it says "content deactivated"

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
bad news cspam

as much as i want to curbstomp my landlord's real estate deal by fighting the n12 for the next year, my workplace is imploding and i need to get into a new rental condo* while i still have a job and/or haven't had a mental breakdown yet and will pass a landlord screening process. the alternative is moving in with my in-laws, a fate worse than death**

*and it will be a condo, purpose built rentals that aren't slums are 0% vacancy rate in my area

**multigenerational households get a bad rap and we have no kids so we could do this, but my father in law is an eccentric hoarder who refuses to fix anything in his home so actually we can't

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

DaysBefore posted:

That's D&D

actually D&D care very much for the Sudanese people, as anyone stupid enough to look in the ME thread would know.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

hadji murad posted:

actually D&D care very much for the Sudanese people, as anyone stupid enough to look in the ME thread would know.

I remember the government asked the CAF to plan for some sort of military intervention in Zimbabwe Tony Blair was proposing in the 2000's, and it's crazy to think how easy it would be even today to drum up support for something like that.

I remember when Libya happened and everyone was congratulating themselves on making Canadian values manifest in the world. I just wish they knew how right they were, and in what sense.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Cold on a Cob posted:

bad news cspam

as much as i want to curbstomp my landlord's real estate deal by fighting the n12 for the next year, my workplace is imploding and i need to get into a new rental condo* while i still have a job and/or haven't had a mental breakdown yet and will pass a landlord screening process. the alternative is moving in with my in-laws, a fate worse than death**

*and it will be a condo, purpose built rentals that aren't slums are 0% vacancy rate in my area

**multigenerational households get a bad rap and we have no kids so we could do this, but my father in law is an eccentric hoarder who refuses to fix anything in his home so actually we can't

brutal. Good luck Cold on a Cob.

I definitely have more than once had the pressure of finding housing before losing my mind would make finding housing impossible. It adds a bit of spice to the whole thing, like hot sauce in your clamato.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Good luck Cob sorry you won't be able to hit a landlord with a badass legal elbow drop

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice
thx for the well wishes, appreciate it

best i can do is stay in touch with my neighbours (we have a nice older couple next to us that also rents) and watch mls, kijiji, padmapper, etc for our home to be rented out over the next year to make sure we weren't evicted in bad faith and drag their sorry rear end to the LTB if we were

Glimpse
Jun 5, 2011

Best of luck Cob.

I know a bunch of people in the same boat or just got out of it right now. poo poo is going around.

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

Glimpse posted:

Best of luck Cob.

I know a bunch of people in the same boat or just got out of it right now. poo poo is going around.

Considering the possibility that you know Cob's housemates and that they're all being gradually evicted from a giant rental houseboat.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/natnewswatch/status/1760823315667513684?t=yTbkzEp17gzmSnhCAQzm-A&s=19

Of course he would. Maybe he and Arnold Viersen could trade notes.

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

Precambrian Video Games posted:

Considering the possibility that you know Cob's housemates and that they're all being gradually evicted from a giant rental houseboat.

that would be way cooler than being evicted from a "luxury" condo deep in the gta suburbs where everything is already falling apart and the condo fees are north of 750/mo but it's still worth 700k apparently

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Somebody's earning their paycheque at cbc

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕

Cold on a Cob posted:

thx for the well wishes, appreciate it

best i can do is stay in touch with my neighbours (we have a nice older couple next to us that also rents) and watch mls, kijiji, padmapper, etc for our home to be rented out over the next year to make sure we weren't evicted in bad faith and drag their sorry rear end to the LTB if we were

I, on the other hand, live in a building that's for sale right now and last Saturday one potential new landlord fell down my stairs twice and then accused me of waxing the floor to make it slippery

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m
Apr 16, 2017

Í̝̰ ͓̯̖̫̹̯̤A҉m̺̩͝ ͇̬A̡̮̞̠͚͉̱̫ K̶e͓ǵ.̻̱̪͖̹̟̕
I don't know if it'd be considered a bad faith eviction if somebody buys the property and kicks me out for landlord use when 3 similar units in the building are illegal AirBnBs and would be considered unoccupied, but I'm sure the RTB person will have to figure that out for themselves if somebody buys the place and evicts me

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

I, on the other hand, live in a building that's for sale right now and last Saturday one potential new landlord fell down my stairs twice and then accused me of waxing the floor to make it slippery

gently caress yeah

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

we're making improvements in anti-landlord tech every day

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Karach posted:

we're making improvements in anti-landlord tech every day

how can this be possible when we already made the pinnacle anti-landlord device

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Bleck posted:

we need full-spectrum dominance, from the stairwell to the other stairwell

I'm in a machining class right now, I think it's time for another skill-developing project (actionable). I can make the blade with a hacksaw, power drill, a grinder, and some files.

https://www.instructables.com/Mini-Guillotine/

tuyop
Sep 15, 2006

Every second that we're not growing BASIL is a second wasted

Fun Shoe

Bleck posted:

kind of ironic that it was mostly the landlords using that on other, larger, landlords.

kind of the opposite of a merger

Turpitude
Oct 13, 2004

Love love love

be an organ donor
Soiled Meat
in a pinch, you can just make a guillotine with 2x4s and a rusty car door held up by some hay bale twine

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

i had never considered the idea of just going full Home Alone on your landlord

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

If only there was a second safer staircase ...

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

College Slice

hell yeah

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
https://twitter.com/CBCNews/status/1761111479946756396?t=DBsOr-O9v8BOQKtCsifnOw&s=19

When you're looking down the barrel of an election you'll promise anything and there will always be a sucker ready to receive.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
I'm good, I don't need pharmacre any more, I picked up one of those bricks of chinese fentanyl that are just lying around everywhere

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Is the NDP going to have any money so they can compete in the next election? No?

Awesome deal, really well thought out.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
jagmeet will bankroll it with his landlord earnings

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

Karach posted:

I'm good, I don't need pharmacre any more

i wouldn't if they'd just finish the MAID rollout

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:

Arc Hammer posted:

https://twitter.com/CBCNews/status/1761111479946756396?t=DBsOr-O9v8BOQKtCsifnOw&s=19

When you're looking down the barrel of an election you'll promise anything and there will always be a sucker ready to receive.

bitch they already hosed up the dentalcare plan they promised

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Arc Hammer posted:

Okay cool, look forward to seeing how this will be hosed up and only landlords are eligible or something. Probably safe to assume it will be another 'not until the election' rollout date

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
"Singh said the legislation "clearly points to [a] single payer" system"

sounds legit

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Extremely badass that that is even in question

Segue
May 23, 2007

RealityWarCriminal posted:

bitch they already hosed up the dentalcare plan they promised

Look, I get the Liberals suck and the phase-in is annoying, but seniors, children, and people with disabilities will all have access by June as the bureaucracy works the kinks out. It started slow because it's a fundamental shift in care against a deeply hostile provider (dentists), and everyone under 90k will be eligible in less than a year. That's not super slow for a national health program, even if it is means tested, it's still a very big change.

They've already said contraception and diabetes care kick in immediately, and the NDP language around single payer has me hopeful if still cynical.

I get we're all angry at the amount of push that was needed to get these in the third term of a mandate, but if we can get much cheaper childcare, dental care, and pharmacare through (much as conservative premiers try to sabotage), I consider these fundamentally good news stories even if much of the other Liberal policies are horseshit.

Can we not doompost a little bit.

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

pokeyman posted:

"Singh said the legislation "clearly points to [a] single payer" system"

sounds legit

Points to? Motherfucker you didnt get it in writing?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

Segue posted:

Look, I get the Liberals suck and the phase-in is annoying, but seniors, children, and people with disabilities will all have access by June as the bureaucracy works the kinks out. It started slow because it's a fundamental shift in care against a deeply hostile provider (dentists), and everyone under 90k will be eligible in less than a year. That's not super slow for a national health program, even if it is means tested, it's still a very big change.

They've already said contraception and diabetes care kick in immediately, and the NDP language around single payer has me hopeful if still cynical.

I get we're all angry at the amount of push that was needed to get these in the third term of a mandate, but if we can get much cheaper childcare, dental care, and pharmacare through (much as conservative premiers try to sabotage), I consider these fundamentally good news stories even if much of the other Liberal policies are horseshit.

meanwhile disabled people are still supposed to survive in this country on like $1100 when the rent for a 1bed apartment is $2k a month

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I don't deny that all of these reforms may yield genuine if cruelly roadblocked positives to people, it's just that I do not trust the Electoral Reform Party and their orange landlord buddies

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Virtual Russian
Sep 15, 2008

Segue posted:

I too once thought better things were possible, give it time