Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Join The Helldivers!
Freedom!
Democracy!
Liber-tea!
Call for reinforcements!
View Results

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

MonsterEnvy posted:

I have discovered that Stalkers suck

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kwolok
Jan 4, 2022
Dorks already min maxing this game instead of focusing on democracy are traitors imo

I will accept no replies.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

You can do a lot of damage with a hellpod you know

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

explosivo posted:

Walking Barrage seems like possibly one of the more useful barrages, thinking of all the times we're pinned down and need to get mortars or spawners just far enough away that we can't land an airstrike on it. Is the spread as crazy as the other barrages?
It's a lot tighter but still a bit inconsistent when it comes to objectives. I need to use it more but it seems good enough to clear out enemies but expect to still have to sweep up in-person and handle any objectives it misses.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I unlocked that hellpod steering upgrade last night. I haven't used it yet but it cost a fortune it better be good.

JonBolds
Feb 6, 2015

SES Elected Representative of Self-Determination

It's the longest name you can have. It takes up the entire side of the ship and I laugh every time I see it.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Insert name here posted:

It's a lot tighter but still a bit inconsistent when it comes to objectives. I need to use it more but it seems good enough to clear out enemies but expect to still have to sweep up in-person and handle any objectives it misses.

Thanks! Might have to give it a shot.

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

explosivo posted:

Yeah this is kind of the whole thing with the grenade launcher. It's got low ammo so bring a supply pack and never run out of grenades.

Impressive that you can get to the end of a GL ammo pool without one bouncing in your face at least once

Baby T. Love
Aug 5, 2009

veni veni veni posted:

I unlocked that hellpod steering upgrade last night. I haven't used it yet but it cost a fortune it better be good.

I used it for the first time today and holy moly does it let you fly further, easily 3-4 times the distance you normally could.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Baby T. Love posted:

I used it for the first time today and holy moly does it let you fly further, easily 3-4 times the distance you normally could.

If you die a lot, that's really helpful for taking down big boys

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

veni veni veni posted:

I only recently got that upgrade myself. I think it's worth if only for your initial drop where you really don't know whether or not you're going to land in the middle of a patrol. Being able to have a little breathing room to get your support weapons out at the start of the mission makes a huge difference.

I really appreciated this guy's videos for optimizing Cyberpunk. He shows a lot of examples regarding each video setting but also slaps his recommended settings into a single slide near the end of the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtM4ffG_zko

Grimnarsson
Sep 4, 2018
There is no team killing, there's just collateral damage!

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Sparkling oopsies.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Danger Close!

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Unironic 10/10 moderation.

The actual reply.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

There are only two genders in Managed Democracy; Brawny and Lean.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
drat. Can't find the post on reddit. Just wanna see people dunking on this idiot

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
you can only bring 3 stratagems on suicide diff now?? Is that a bug or something they've quietly changed?

Ghislaine of YOSPOS
Apr 19, 2020

I called down the SOS beacon while playing with a buddy last night, we got one joiner who eventually left and nobody else ever showed up. I wasn’t able to deploy the SOS again either. When I quick play I get a match immediately, is there a way to refresh the SOS?

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

you can only bring 3 stratagems on suicide diff now?? Is that a bug or something they've quietly changed?

Thats a planetary effect.

y_y
Oct 25, 2011

conversationalist
Euro Prime was absolutely queue-less (and no noticeable server trouble other than the possibly disabled dailies). Let’s hope it stays like this.

Sixto Lezcano
Jul 11, 2007

It’s a mission modifier, check the Effects tab. It should prob like, put a red X over it instead tho, to make it clear that it’s intentional and not a UO bug.

BastardySkull
Apr 12, 2007

I had a bug today where my primary totally disappeared. I couldnt select it, and if I respawned I just had no gun. I could only use my smg and railgun.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
Hopefully now that the servers are seemingly in a functional state (unless they get completely hammered this weekend) they should be able to start doing more bugfixes and balance tweaks. Hopefully the launch server issues don't push back the addition of new content (mechs/tanks from the first game :pray:)

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating
Scrambled strategems is still not fun after the initial "oh. right." obligatory self-airstrike

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

It’s a planetary modifier you can get on any difficulty but it’s more common in suicide mission.

ZeusCannon
Nov 5, 2009

BLAAAAAARGH PLEASE KILL ME BLAAAAAAAARGH
Grimey Drawer

Fishstick posted:

Scrambled strategems is still not fun after the initial "oh. right." obligatory self-airstrike

Counterpoint theyre hilarious

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Kwolok posted:

Dorks already min maxing this game instead of focusing on democracy are traitors imo

I will accept no replies.

It's really boring tbh. 9 isn't hard enough that you need to min max everything and take a meta build from the internet.

I just dropped into a game and they were playing level 8 bot defence missions for medal farm. Fair enough but I left when they lined up the second one in a row.

Diephoon
Aug 24, 2003

LOL

Nap Ghost

Fishstick posted:

I've gotten used to it, but I usually pack orbital precision strike for automatons and that is only three inputs, so I can mash right right down over and over again until I hit what I'm actually looking for. If my shield pack and railgun are off cooldown I will throw them just so they cannot be scrambled into.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

BastardySkull posted:

Thats a planetary effect.

ah ok ty I really need to pay more attention to those

Grimnarsson
Sep 4, 2018

Galaga Galaxian posted:

As it drat well should be! Whether you're brawny or lean, you're Good Enough! Super Good even!

Eason the Fifth
Apr 9, 2020

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Icedude posted:

Give me two emote slots so I can still salute as the ICBM launches while also being able to hug my bros/do the 'come at me' pose at the bugs :argh:

This is the exact combo of two emotes I also want to be able to roll with simultaneously.

Just doesn't hit the same.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The hug emote is the greatest emote in games. Not because it’s a hug but because it’s a surprisingly deep, soothing embrace that lasts a while lol

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

true affection is only possible under managed democracy

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Wait, I'm confused. The JAR Dominator from the Steel Veterans Warbond is under the "Explosive" section but does not seem to have the Explosive trait?

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Megaman's Jockstrap posted:

Wait, I'm confused. The JAR Dominator from the Steel Veterans Warbond is under the "Explosive" section but does not seem to have the Explosive trait?
Pretty sure it's because it's implicit from the category, so they didn't put it into the stat card.

Booty Pageant
Apr 20, 2012
kinda weird how you gotta look into the options to enable tap aim to ads and hold aim to over the shoulder, like it'd be handy if it were mentioned in the tutorial at all!!

also anyone else rebind strategem inputs so you can run and drop bombs at the same time??

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Booty Pageant posted:

also anyone else rebind strategem inputs so you can run and drop bombs at the same time??

People like rebinding to the arrow keys to do this but idk i felt having them on wasd was better because at least I can aim and shoot while calling in a strategem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
I've been bringing a Spear along to red level missions, and I want to like it but the lock on just doesn't go a lot of the time. I'll be aiming at a tank or titan in full view and the little triangle won't appear or it won't turn green. How can I make this work better?