Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

omg chael crash posted:

Come play WoW with us, Kith. I saw you posting in the WC LP by Cyth!!!!

i will not be doing that. i actually hate mmos and the only reason i play destiny is because it is not a traditional mmo, it is a fun(?) shooterman arpg that tries really hard to convince people it's an mmo. plus i hate blizzard due to them directly harming several of my closest friends and colleagues so i'm never giving them money ever again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

That's rough, man. i'm sorry

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Gary doesn't even play wow anymore he's gaslighting you. He also doesn't play Destiny anymore he just enjoys shitposting

But who among us does not? Ye, let he who is among us without a shitpost cast the first stone

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Edit Tom Warren on tweeter confirmed thst they banned him for having a mod active for an unrelated single player game that does not interact with destiny 2. The ban was automated but they will not be undoing it because this type of cheat could in theory interact with destiny in the future and they're drawing their line in the sand now

It wasn't a single player mod, it was a memory hacking cheat program. Maybe can't be used for Destiny, though he isn't the first person banned for using the specific program (ArtMoney) and looking at their website, they specifically have a Stealth Mode in the pro version to try to avoid cheat detecting.

Tom Warren "confirmed" this by accepting the salty Twitter post of Saltagreppo who totally is impartial and 100% not trying to cover for a friend.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
also wait that add_money thing is an ingame cheat code that you just have to type in, like video games had in the old days. you wouldn't need artmoney or cheatengine or whatever to use it. i was 50/50 on whether the person was actually cheating before but now i'm like 95% sure they're hiding something because that tweet is chewbacca defense levels of nonsense.

e: okay i read it again and i think they're implying that they weren't actually playing total war, just some other rts and they were using artmoney to cheat resources in that rts? leaving this post up because stealth editing is for children

Reiterpallasch fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Feb 23, 2024

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Seems like a no-brainer that they should have considered the high-profile user, the (lack of) damages, and issued a private final warning rather than drop an incendiary grenade on themselves like this

((Of course it's always possible dudeman is straight up lying and he was haxxing destiny for free silver and full auto rocket launcehrs in trials, etc)

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Waroduce posted:

He also doesn't play Destiny anymore he just enjoys shitposting

don't @ me like this

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

they should retroactively take away salts worlds first because Cruz was probably cheating before

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Seems like a no-brainer that they should have considered the high-profile user, the (lack of) damages, and issued a private final warning rather than drop an incendiary grenade on themselves like this

((Of course it's always possible dudeman is straight up lying and he was haxxing destiny for free silver and full auto rocket launcehrs in trials, etc)

It would be maximally funny if cheats are the reason his team are 4x world first winners

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Kesper North posted:

It would be maximally funny if cheats are the reason his team are 4x world first winners

Praying for this !

At the end of the day, it's just good clean fun to see bad things happen to professional video game players, so we're all hoping he gets made an example of & that it will come to light that he was doing even worse stuff than first thought

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

The thread yearns for streamer tears, the cycle begins anew

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

PathAsc posted:

:sickos:

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

PathAsc posted:

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

https://ring-1.io/shop/cheats/destiny-2

You can just buy this poo poo? What the gently caress is ArtMoney? Are we really to the point where we have process-masked resource/memory editing cheat engines and people are using it in a game as easy as Destiny?

quote:

All games using EAC as its anti-cheat
All games using BattlEye as its anti-cheat
Apex Legends (Windows re-install/format required)
Ark
Battle Bit
Bloodhunt
Call of Duty: Cold War
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare / Warzone
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 / Warzone 2
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 (2023) NEW!
Call of Duty: Vanguard
DayZ
Dead by Daylight (Windows re-install/format required)
Destiny 2
Escape from Tarkov
Hell Let Loose (Windows re-install/format required)
Hunt Showdown (Windows re-install/format required)
New World (Windows re-install/format required)
Overprime
Overwatch
Overwatch 2
PUBG
Rainbow Six Siege
Rust (Windows re-install/format required)
SCUM (Windows re-install/format required)
Shatterline

e: lol that is definitely just another memory editor and it looks like the above website's cheating as a service might be built on a repackaged version as a framework

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 01:20 on Feb 24, 2024

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

This guy is so fuckin' corny.

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
Someone's salty :imunfunny:

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
I hope they restore Cruz, prove he never used it on destiny and we get to see an intact Eleysium compete in the last world first 🙏🙏🙏

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Waroduce posted:

I hope they restore Cruz, prove he never used it on destiny and we get to see an intact Eleysium compete in the last world first 🙏🙏🙏

they’re not, op

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Waroduce posted:

I hope they poop their pants and cry

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

Vex Mythoclast and Buried Bloodline are cool and good guns and so is this game.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Nice to see that Saltagreppo and his team live rent-free inside people's minds.

Also, lol @ waro monologuing about endgame content considering he more than likely paid for some randos to carry him through both Root and Vault of Glass trio clears.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

Witnepedes in my travelussy: the destiny 3 experience

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010

Synthwave Crusader posted:

I don't really know who Saltgreppo is except he's a raid guy if in honest, I just think his name is ripe for puns.

I dunno about all that other drama tho. I am just keen to get a Stasis Judgement, that'll be loving sweet.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
yeah sorry I’ll believe Cruz if he can provide some more proof of what’s going on but based on what we know so far this smells way too much like the bakengangsta situation.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006

Also, lol @ waro monologuing about endgame content considering he more than likely paid for some randos to carry him through both Root and Vault of Glass trio clears.

The duality of this post was bizarre enough to make me find his raid report and then post about a game I haven’t played in months. He’s done those and other three player raids with names I recognize from SO. How many references are required for someone to post about the thing they’ve successfully done?

syntaxfunction
Oct 27, 2010
We're at the point in the season that all the drama and fight picking is coming out for entertainment to substitute for the content. Personally I am all for this and think it's a good time to air out grievances publicly and in detail.

I'm gonna start by calling out poster poor life choice, for their poor life choice. Don't even think you can debate me.

poor life choice
Jul 21, 2006
I don’t mean to get into posting about posters. Evoking rent-free brain real estate and then implying someone doesn’t REALLY play our silly game the right way is just my sleeper agent activation phrase I guess.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
but why male models?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

doomfunk posted:

but why male models?

:hmmyes:

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

syntaxfunction posted:

We're at the point in the season that all the drama and fight picking is coming out for entertainment to substitute for the content. Personally I am all for this and think it's a good time to air out grievances publicly and in detail.

I'm gonna start by calling out poster poor life choice, for their poor life choice. Don't even think you can debate me.

ur not even a mod. why is your avatar showing SA ban spam? curious..........

Snapes N Snapes
Sep 6, 2010

Love seeing nerds get owned

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

syntaxfunction posted:

:sickos:

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008

I am simply an incredibly skilled and beautiful Guardian

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!
I'm also incredibly skilled (at dying for stupid reasons) and beautiful (my ghost is beautiful)

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Nice meltdown

Meiteron
Apr 4, 2008

Whoa! You're gonna be a legend!

Waroduce posted:

I am simply an incredibly skilled and beautiful Guardian

^ Can confirm

Sestze
Jun 6, 2004

Cybernetic Crumb
Nicho had a video discussing the cheating issue in Destiny 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zsty4Z6zZJs
He just recently-ish put out another video on it that is mostly soapboxing for 27 minutes. Very skippable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SBStqkDzxdQ

The things that were interesting to me from the discussion with the cheaters were the following:
- It's a slippery slope. It starts with needing to get faster times to get more clears in Raids, and to beat those clears you netlimit, and then to beat those clears you start hard cheating
- A lot of people start in PvE cheating but, since the challenge is gone, transition to PvP cheating because that's the only unexplored frontier by them
- A lot of people that do farm clears for raids or recovs for for raids cheat to keep their speed and clear rates up.
- Cheaters are addicts, burnt out on the game but won't quit. Need to be banned to quit
- Cheats are used to unlock emblems, accounts with specific benefits from cheating (rare emblems or achievements) are sold on specific discord servers. It's also how you pick up clean accounts when you get popped.
- Because cheaters are antisocial pricks that are ruining the fun for everyone else at best, and are outright fraudulent criminals at worst, you end up with a lot of incredibly racist, toxic people that are cheating.

Things that were said by a cheater that were laughable to me:
- "Cheating communities are full of people that have thoughts and feelings, and are way smarter than you in every way possible"
- "Being around these incredibly talented individuals is very humbling"
- "Every streamer you've ever watched has cheated in some way"
- "I don't want to start a witchhunt but... [names every destiny 2 streamer in some form or fashion]"

Generally speaking I haven't seen an interview with a cheater that didn't make them come off in any sort of sympathetic light. If you're popped for cheating by Bungie, especially if it's with something as harsh as memory editing, you probably deserved to lose your account.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.
I actually want Bungie to take it further, anyone who wins world first gets the belt but their account is wiped.

Turkey Farts
Jan 4, 2013

well I loaded up today to do a few strikes for fun and I wasn't banned. my advice to avoid getting banned is to simply not cheat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I'm doing strikes to get an Auto-Loading Disorienting Grenade Empty Vessel. One of my Hero Nightfall runs took 28 minutes and getting banned is starting to seem like a decent alternative. :geno: