Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Smythe posted:

completely normal i do it freqyently

west side

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

I don't jailbreak the androids, I set them free.

WATCH MARS EXPRESS (2023)

Smythe posted:

completely normal i do it freqyently

you went back to graduate school in your 50s, really not winning me over on being normal

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

tokin opposition posted:

The Pick-Me Riddler

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006
listened to ed zitrons new podcast and after unveiling his first guest, Robert Evan’s, I unsubscribed so f’n hard

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
COOL ZONE MEDIA

hadji murad
Apr 18, 2006

crepeface posted:

COOL ZONE MEDIA

that was the first red flag

Dokapon Findom
Dec 5, 2022

But have you considered whether the child murdered by the driver of that truck was riding an oversized bike?!?! Children riding oversized bikes are the scourge of our roadways!!
I always liked the getup Craig Wasson wears for this scene in Body Double. Wish I had this exact argyle sweater

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
gently caress

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

hadji murad posted:

listened to ed zitrons new podcast and after unveiling his first guest, Robert Evan’s, I unsubscribed so f’n hard

owned

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

crepeface posted:

COOL ZONE MEDIA

LOL

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

hadji murad posted:

lol didnt know ed was cia

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Al! posted:

lol didnt know ed was cia

he's mi5

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

hadji murad posted:

listened to ed zitrons new podcast

why?

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

I guess that's a cia franchise

HashtagGirlboss
Jan 4, 2005

Can’t fool me ed zitron is just a bottom shelf knock off lemon vodka

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

serge gainsborg - zitron incest.mp3

Flux Wildly
Dec 20, 2004

Welkum tü Zanydu!

love to listen to utter wank I heart radio podcast ads on my edgy ‘rot economy’ rant. very cool zone

mawarannahr
May 21, 2019

Ed Shitron

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
oh boy a new Ed Zitron 'cast

Only registered members can see post attachments!

tristeham
Jul 31, 2022

Karach posted:

Soapy_Bumslap
Jun 19, 2013

We're gonna need a bigger chode
Grimey Drawer
He was definitely too mad about Elon, you're supposed to find joy in him

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Way too many somethingawful references. What was Zitron's username?

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

Nothus posted:

Do you think he read LF (or CSPAM) or was a D&D type guy?

Toph Bei Fong
Feb 29, 2008

Clark Nova posted:

doctor who arrives on a planet and starts crying when he learns that women are allowed to hold public office

Colin Baker rear end motherfucker

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Nothus posted:

Taintrunner

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Nothus posted:

Was?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

V. Illych L. posted:

i don't hate the blue suit with the red tie, but it is not something a grown man who is not some manner of royalty and/or clown should be wearing
:hmmyes:

Telluric Whistler
Sep 14, 2008

DJJIB-DJDCT posted:

Do you think he read LF (or CSPAM) or was a D&D type guy?

YOSPOS BITCH

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

The little details about the main dude are fun. drives a Tesla. Wrote this book in his 70s. The odd culture war over recovered memories (that’s one for the Epstein thread).

I’m of the mind that external trauma is drastically under-researched including all of the ways it affects the literal biology of the brain. I think the “danger” with it is that when you start acknowledging external factors for “mental illness” you’re gonna come to the eventual conclusion that poverty is one of them and the best preventative treatment is…well…

Trauma is definitely another term that is being taken away from its clinical and academic definitions. As I said above this is lovely but it’s also to be expected.

I’ll say this, when it comes to treating mental illness it is easier get acceptance from people if they’re familiar with the terms and basic gist, even if it doesn’t perfectly fit the definition. I may get some pedantic annoyance but it’s outweighed by people being more open to seeing certain diagnoses as valid and possible for themselves. it’s a foot in the door, even if you have to educate someone on what they’re more or less incorrect about. Takes a bit of the sting off the label, basically.

I had a client with schizophrenia the other day talking about unsympathetic family and saying “if I could put my brain in your head for a day you would know” and that really hit. I think whenever someone talks about promoting “mental health awareness” it’s self absorbed bullshit. But, I would like if people could gain more understanding of the personal hells people with some of these illnesses go through. Trauma included.

I guess I’ll say if someone is invoking trauma to get attention to themselves, I’ll raise an eyebrow. that’s not a very common approach. as a tool to keep people from leaving or withdrawing, yes. But not so much to attract attention. There are always exceptions though. People with ptsd generally want to avoid any reminder of it. People with complex ptsd (ie trauma over an extended period of time) want to control situations at any means necessary and are basically in “life or death” thinking. That said, people who are working on healing may overcorrect by over sharing or ceding too much control. This ambiguity is why it’s lovely to psychoanalyze or diagnose people online.

Just take care of yourself and others.

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

I miss cumshotter

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I didn't like the guy on the recent Musk Chapo. Way too mad at Musk, and he seems like one of the morons who literally only realized Musk is bad/dumb after he took over Twitter. I lol'd at the part where he was like "why won't the other tech CEOs speak out?!"

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

i can't believe it took IBCK this long to cover pinker

tokin opposition
Apr 8, 2021

Steven "Epstein's island" pinker

DJJIB-DJDCT
Feb 1, 2024

New Cushbomb Spanish Civil War ep dropped

https://soundgasm.net/u/ClassWarAndPuppies/809-Spanish-Civil-War-part-2-Falange-y-FAI-22224

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Ytlaya posted:

I didn't like the guy on the recent Musk Chapo. Way too mad at Musk, and he seems like one of the morons who literally only realized Musk is bad/dumb after he took over Twitter. I lol'd at the part where he was like "why won't the other tech CEOs speak out?!"

I liked ed and I think it started off strong but then halfway through he was definitely far too mad to be funny. it's like snl lib comedians trying to own the chuds or visa-versa where its just not funny because they're fuming

i did like the half-dozen somethingawful callouts. it's very funny that these dead gay comedy forums haven't been relevant in like 15 years and yet receive a fairly outsized callout on chapo all the time

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*

Ytlaya posted:

yea he sucked

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Karach posted:

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005
how was he too mad? he seemed to be enjoying revelling in how stupid musk is

his posts are good and overall i thought the interview was fine other than his inexplicable "the vision pro could be good actually", i think the "why don't the other tech CEOs step in" was a rhetorical question more than an authentic one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fr0id
Jul 27, 2016

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!