Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Based on the same LLM but with the filter "only about white people" applied.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMojok
Jan 28, 2011

“44 billion wasted on lovely website run by idiot!”

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Murdstone posted:

Gruel is expensive.

It's not the gruel that's expensive.

It's allowing the child time away from working to eat it that is ruining America.

credburn
Jun 22, 2016
President, Founder of the Brent Spiner Fan Club

ChudGPT

Well, it produces the Seinfeld script where Hitler shits all over Trump, the one that ChatGPT was too woke to do.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

TulliusCicero posted:

Going after recreational sex in 2024 is loving wild to me

That poo poo has to poll at like 7% maybe

Lmao make that a talking point GOP

My aunt, a fundamentalist evangelical american christian who graduated from bible college and married a dude who went to bible college, used birth control to control how many kids she had and when she had them.

She believes america would be better off if no women worked outside the home, because then men would be paid enough to support a family again. ?! She believes that women's suffrage wasn't a big deal because women are just going to vote the same as their fathers and/or husbands anyway. All the way down the rabbit hole on things like covid being both fake and a chinese bioweapon, and vaccines being dangerous.

What I'm saying is she is as "religious right" as you can get, and she's still against banning birth control.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

...unless you're a Democrat and/or a minority, in which case we're coming after your rear end.

Mistle
Oct 11, 2005

Eckot's comic relief cousin from out of town
Grimey Drawer

The joke here is that they can "not prosecute" things that are crimes with the "prosecutorial discretion" excuse, but places that are not prosecuting small-quantity marijuana possession are being told they have to prosecute because "it's the law of the land and not prosecuting is a dereliction of duty"

I say pit both arguments against one another and see which chuddy fascism blinks first.

:lol: Then repeal the winner :lol:

Renreeja
Oct 11, 2007

the ivf thing is so weird cause its like the gop scrambling and searching for something really out there to taze thenselves in the balls with. Was ivf like a hated thing amongst christians before?

Buce
Dec 23, 2005

Renreeja posted:

the ivf thing is so weird cause its like the gop scrambling and searching for something really out there to taze thenselves in the balls with. Was ivf like a hated thing amongst christians before?

I think a very very small subset think every fertilized embryo should be force-implanted into a host, otherwise god angry

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

"Just because you're arguing, doesn't mean one of you is right"

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Renreeja posted:

the judge from the supreme court of alabama said he had no choice based on how the law was written by the senate in alabama.

but also, lol you could have just easily said its not constitutional or something..

Sweaty IT Nerd
Jul 13, 2007

MettleRamiel posted:

Wrong again! All the Democrats are switching over to Trump now that they've seen how unfairly he's been treated by the leftist justice system!

I've seen it myself! My twitter feed is full of former vegan satanic leftists who voted Biden but now see that his trans sports policies have gone too far!

Oh no

free hubcaps
Oct 12, 2009

Strong Sauce posted:

the judge from the supreme court of alabama said he had no choice based on how the law was written by the senate in alabama.

but also, lol you could have just easily said its not constitutional or something..

He also used a bunch of Bible quotations on his judgement so I question how tied his hands were, I think he's just in damage control mode now that trupm is mad at him.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

They want to ban more contraceptives and to do that you have to make it law that life begins at conception, the IVF ruling is just fallout.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

lol

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Charming!

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Mr Ice Cream Glove posted:

Update from Scientologists for Trump gofundme

“We have successfully reached 0.28% of our goal!”

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Amazing honeypot.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

TulliusCicero
Jul 29, 2017

10 years ago there was more than 12 people at CPAC

so really, system working GREAT :shepface:

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
I just love how a member of a group calling itself “Conservative” is celebrating how radically it has changed in the last 10 years.

Meanwhile my Mormon friend who always called herself “conservative” when we were growing up, and still does because she’s (moderately) pro-life and pro-business, is now getting shouted out of her local Iowa Republican Party meetings because she has all these woke ideas like “hey maybe let’s NOT nominate a rapist fraudster who’s been indicted for close to 100 felonies” and “immigrants really deserve a fair shot at finding employment and housing because after all they’re people too”.

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Apollodorus posted:

I just love how a member of a group calling itself “Conservative” is celebrating how radically it has changed in the last 10 years.

Meanwhile my Mormon friend who always called herself “conservative” when we were growing up, and still does because she’s (moderately) pro-life and pro-business, is now getting shouted out of her local Iowa Republican Party meetings because she has all these woke ideas like “hey maybe let’s NOT nominate a rapist fraudster who’s been indicted for close to 100 felonies” and “immigrants really deserve a fair shot at finding employment and housing because after all they’re people too”.

Has this resulted in any self-reflection on herself and the people she shared these values with, or...?

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
I was just in Iowa this week. They had Trump flags and signs everywhere and still were planning on bringing 20 migrant workers in for the summer, as there aren't enough local workers who want to swing hammers for a living.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT

Samovar posted:

Has this resulted in any self-reflection on herself and the people she shared these values with, or...?

Oh, yeah, she’s a brilliant and thoughtful person and not a chud at all (and neither are her husband or their five kids). The craziness of the modern Republican Party is in no way lost on her.

She was telling me that, yeah, she’s not really a Republican any more, but Iowa is so red that there’s no way she’d be able to have any impact in politics as a Democrat. Her strategy is basically to stay visible as a dissenting voice, anticipating that the GOP is going to utterly implode after Trump steals all their money only to lose embarrassingly and/or die in November, and then help course-correct in the rebuilding process.

Meanwhile she’s working on her PhD in Linguistics and also doing freelance genealogy research (because, Mormon).

Nocheez posted:

I was just in Iowa this week. They had Trump flags and signs everywhere and still were planning on bringing 20 migrant workers in for the summer, as there aren't enough local workers who want to swing hammers for a living.

This was the argument my friend was trying to make at her party meeting—if we need all these migrant workers to make our economy function, maybe we should be making it easier, not harder, for them to actually come here and do their jobs. But the modern GOP doesn’t really care about issues, just feelings (primarily the feeling of racism).

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
In sure she's very nice but her values did help usher in a version of America where women are now having to keep non-viable fetuses just bc they still have a detectable heartbeat

She may claim she's not responsible for that, but if she ever voted R, she hired the goons who did it.

I hope earning that additional degree while she's helped make this hellish landscape a reality is a super fun time for her tho. Gotta respect trying to barrel through accepting personal responsibility to damning whole groups of people to struggling via cruel policy by getting more schooling and enriching the self.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 13:25 on Feb 24, 2024

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
A PhD is a requirement to be a college professor, it’s not some self enrichment thing. Now that her kids are all in school she’s retiring to the career track she was on before they were born.

But the bigger point is, I think, that there are lots more effectively ex-Republicans out there who are still in the GOP because they’re looking to undo the damage that the party has caused AND who are doing so precisely BECAUSE they recognize their complicity in it and want to fix their mistake.

At least I hope that’s the case.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I have a Mormon friend who is very dumb and very uninformed and lets his overbearing parents steer him back to wringing his hands about TEH BOARDER or whatever he was wavering on, all while yelling at him for being gay.

He tells me a good tale these days but he's still 100% going to vote trump

Wingnut Ninja
Jan 11, 2003

Mostly Harmless

Hollismason posted:

What the hell network is RSBN. Like there are so many seemingly grifter right wing networks now it seems.

Every time I see it all I can think of is the Soviet radio navigation system for aircraft.

quote:

The RSBN system is designed primarily for bomber, fighter bomber and transport aircraft and provides navigation of aircraft equipped with on-board equipment RSBN-2S, or its modifications (RSBN-5S, RSBN-6S).

The system provides in all weather conditions day and night: Continuous information to the aircraft crew about the position of determining the polar coordinates of the aircraft (azimuth, distance) on the ground and on board, bringing the aircraft to any designated point (destination) in the range of the radio beacon with signaling) of the moment of approach and the moment of its flight, ground monitoring of the air situation on the overview screen (IKO/VIKO), determination of coordinates and identification of aircraft on the screen using the system, correction of autonomous flight path computers and automatic flight as well as connection with aircraft.

The system consists of on-board and ground equipment.

So basically a way to steer Russian assets around.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

Hollismason posted:

What the hell network is RSBN. Like there are so many seemingly grifter right wing networks now it seems.

RINOs all of them

I only watch patriots at ONAN NEWS :circlefap: :chud: :jackbud:

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Wingnut Ninja posted:

Every time I see it all I can think of is the Soviet radio navigation system for aircraft.

So basically a way to steer Russian assets around.

this is true but it's also an acronym for RIGHT SIDE BROADCASTING NETWORK

u see the "right" is a double entendre

tokyo reject
Jun 12, 2019

when she's tryin to slide into your dm's but you wanna talk about a better america

Alan Smithee posted:

RINOs all of them

lol ONAN news is a pretty one, as someone raised on the Bible I laughed

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Apollodorus posted:

A PhD is a requirement to be a college professor, it’s not some self enrichment thing. Now that her kids are all in school she’s retiring to the career track she was on before they were born.

But the bigger point is, I think, that there are lots more effectively ex-Republicans out there who are still in the GOP because they’re looking to undo the damage that the party has caused AND who are doing so precisely BECAUSE they recognize their complicity in it and want to fix their mistake.

At least I hope that’s the case.

Lol furthering ones own career is personal enrichment yes :psyduck: she's basically responding to having been involved in causing this by getting her dream job. Thats not gonna make change for anyone concretely except for her.

Thinking she can fix it from the inside if she just convinces them is because she's assuming they are all coming from the same point of good faith as herself. Mormons are very kind, which is nice, but they're so loving kind they'll give conservative assholes the benefit of the doubt as just being uninformed, like they were, and so their solution to this is trying to educate those folks, thinking it's simply an issue of not knowing.

Mitt Romney thought this way and had the audacity of having a shocked Pikachu face when the party went all Trump. Yeah dude that's what everyone has been telling you about R's, that you're allied with people for whom cruelty is the point and they're using your naivete to their benefit - but you didn't want to believe that because 'I am Republican and I am a good person!'

It's taken her this long just to realize the party is dysfunctional. By the time she realizes that her estimation of humanity through the lens of positive Mormonism won't fix the party, and that she's being used, it'll be too late for her to do anything of value.

She is on a purely personal journey, one where she's gonna learn getting people to change is harder than just educating folks. But she'll only learn that once she's gotten alllll the way to the other side of that degree and things aren't happening like she imagined.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Feb 24, 2024

digital penitence
Jan 3, 2008

he always looks high af

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
She can do the same amount about the republican party as a filled trump diaper.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Alan Smithee posted:

RINOs all of them

With news wanker John Semen, fapadoooooo!

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
Mormons act like Sailor Moon, where they are convinced they have the power to heal through kindness if you just let them, but this poo poo is real life. You can't win over the 'bad guys' by appealing to their better nature. MLK Jr tried that and was loving murdered for it.

And when he did die, he was on the edge of realizing his poo poo wasn't working and it was showing up in his writing. He thought that seeing black people attacked while not resisting in the news would move hearts much more than it actually did.

In the end it took loving bloodshed - MLK Jr, Rev James Reeb, and many others - for change to actually happen. Civil rights laws were always and only passed after a tragedy. None of it happened non-violently.

So where the gently caress does your PhD friend get off thinking she's gonna change things by appealing to the R's kindness. Seriously.

If that was going to work, it would've already. It's not like it's just waiting for the right person to do it. Imagining she can be their Messiah is pure self-indulgence on your friend's part.

StrangersInTheNight fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Feb 24, 2024

SlurredSpeech609
Oct 29, 2012

Strong Sauce posted:

God would have been angry, so he didn't really have a choice.

quote:

"In summary, the theologically based view of the sanctity of life adopted by the People of Alabama encompasses the following: (1) God made every person in His image; (2) each person therefore has a value that far exceeds the ability of human beings to calculate; and (3) human life cannot be wrongfully destroyed without incurring the wrath of a holy God, who views the destruction of His image as an affront to Himself."
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2024/02/22/ivf-opinion-from-alabama-justice-was-overtly-religious/72689378007/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

"Ain't I a stinker?"