Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

What?

What was?

What was that???

He just fell over and now they're both stuck???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

That's two noticeable botches in a row, are these guys okay

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

They never were.

Naito has always needed a ring general to keep him in check and SANADA is hopeless

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

??????????????????????????

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"We're gonna see it! We're not gonna see it!"

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006
Ah. They meant to do that finish but botched it so they redid it.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
naitoooo~

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Weird loving show, but better than last night's debacle at least even if that is a low bar to clear.

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

That whole match was kind of hopeless

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Stormy seas ahead for NJPW. I retract some of what I said earlier, they have talent but they have lost everyone who could lead a Big Main Event Style Match they are known for.

Best bout: Taichi/Shingo
Runner up: TAKA/BUSHI?? I loved that grime-off

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Outside of the last 5 minutes I really enjoyed that, then it got really weird

Stall_19
Jan 2, 2013

Prodigy of Victor von Doom
That fell apart at the end there.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Went to pieces at the end but good show. Nice bounce back from yesterday

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

For Hokkaido post 2020 this show did ridiculous business

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Thought Okada was commentating pantless so a sec

Ziggy Tzardust
Apr 7, 2006

Burn Down Canberra posted:

For Hokkaido post 2020 this show did ridiculous business

Taichi is a draw, brother

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

loving suckered him, good for you Naito

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Ahahahahaha perfect.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

OK, that ending exchange was delightful.

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Put a smile on my face

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

All that and then Naito's all,"Yeah okay get the gently caress out of my ring now" :lol:

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

That was lovely

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Naito vs SHO :geno:

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Lmao that was great. Miss you already king

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Don't worry everybody, in case you had any positive feelings coming out of the show, SHO is here to ruin them for us!

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

Doing stupid little skits like this is what SHO is best at actually

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Looking forward to DOUKI finally having a winning record in BOSJ

Tonfa
Apr 8, 2008

he knows...

SG Bamboo posted:

Looking forward to DOUKI finally having a winning record in BOSJ

Oh, to be young and have dreams again.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Tonfa posted:

Oh, to be young and have dreams again.

DOUKI is winning BOSJ and DOUKIMANIA is gonna run wild on all of us :hellyeah:

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
Finally caught up with both shows and wow there were ups and downs! Mina vs. Mayu was the clear MotN for night 1 and I think I liked Hiromu vs. DOUKI best on night 2 but part of that was the thrill of DOUKI victory.

Nemeth looked okay both nights but seemed way more over on night 2. His selling is still a strong point - in particular he made one of Finlay's forearm shots look like death.

Booking is still questionable overall. Maybe this title run can get us back to the SHO who looked like a clear junior ace after his matches with Shingo, but I'm not getting my hopes up. I don't want Riddle around and even when trying to be objective he didn't look that great. I'm willing to see how things to with Nemeth but I'm not sure who they have for contenders that will mesh well with him. I don't think Tanahashi is it unfortunately.

They'd better pull the trigger on some homegrown talent in NJC or things will look even more dire.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Finlays winning the NJ Cup

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

I saw a tweet that Shota is 0-5 in title matches since he came back, so clearly he needs to win the New Japan Cup to get that number into the Goto tier

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Does anyone seriously think it's a coincidence that NJPW is in the shitter ever since Miho Abe left?

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Yeah I'm not sure who you have win the Cup as Naito probably will and should retain. Maybe Tsuji or Ren? Definitely Shota should win his next title match and unless he gets the title shouldn't win the Cup

SG Bamboo
Aug 21, 2013

Smile. Win. Yay!

Maybe Taichi if they want to continue the LIJ/J5G series another cycle? He'll never win the belt but he's been performing at a high level in the upper midcard that it's not out of the realm of possibility that he could main event a smaller show, plus from what I could see he and Naito haven't had a singles match in over two years so it's pretty fresh.

Or Hiromu so they can finally do the anniversary match that got called off by Covid

e: Oh wait, Goto. He's already got the record for NJC wins and is the defacto ace of CHAOS now so why not have him lose another title shot

SG Bamboo fucked around with this message at 02:01 on Feb 25, 2024

Aesculus
Mar 22, 2013

I really hope Hiromu Takahashi either wins the New Japan Cup or challenges at Dontaku

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

SG Bamboo posted:

Maybe Taichi if they want to continue the LIJ/J5G series another cycle? He'll never win the belt but he's been performing at a high level in the upper midcard that it's not out of the realm of possibility that he could main event a smaller show, plus from what I could see he and Naito haven't had a singles match in over two years so it's pretty fresh.

Or Hiromu so they can finally do the anniversary match that got called off by Covid

e: Oh wait, Goto. He's already got the record for NJC wins and is the defacto ace of CHAOS now so why not have him lose another title shot

Hiromu is a good one.

Weirdly njpws actual business has been good to start the year despite the discourse around them . Sakura genesis is a big test however. I'd buy a ticket to naito v hiromu

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Any idea when we're getting the New Japan Cup bracket? Are we waiting until the Anniversary show?

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
I already told you guys, finlay dropped the midcard title so he can become iwgp champion to legitimize bullet club again. its why they're winning all the other titles again

but yes anniversary show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
it wont happen but mox should beat naito for the iwgp title imo