Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Solemn Sloth posted:

I’d agree with you like a year ago but the NFF have flipped back to being culture warriors and weirdos based on their president.

What was the basis for the recent infighting in the NFF? The new prez too woke for them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Cartoon posted:

This is a great opportunity for the Greens.

yes and now watch them gently caress it up

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

gay picnic defence posted:

What was the basis for the recent infighting in the NFF? The new prez too woke for them?

She believed in climate change and was a woman. Thankfully normal service has now been resumed with some old white dude back in the job.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop
Forget I spoke. Should have done some research first.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-J4duzP8Ng

SecretOfSteel
Apr 29, 2007

The secret of steel has always
carried with it a mystery.

Cartoon posted:

Forget I spoke. Should have done some research first.

:capitalism:

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
fucken telstra

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Non Compos Mentis posted:

where does the gridbike paths fit into this?

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Cop slaughtered a presenter from Totally Wild/Studio 10 and his boyfriend the other day and its gonna make the no cops at pride thing a bit of a big deal coming up

Do they back off or double down? I assume double down, because there's a huge subset of dumbass who only knows the first half of the phrase "a few bad apples"

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

The Peccadillo posted:

Cop slaughtered a presenter from Totally Wild/Studio 10 and his boyfriend the other day and its gonna make the no cops at pride thing a bit of a big deal coming up

Do they back off or double down? I assume double down, because there's a huge subset of dumbass who only knows the first half of the phrase "a few bad apples"

He was an ex. Doesn't seem like a police hate crime since he was apparently quite a prominent guy in the gay community.

Electric Wrigglies
Feb 6, 2015

JBP posted:

He was an ex. Doesn't seem like a police hate crime since he was apparently quite a prominent guy in the gay community.

On the flip side, it is an effective reminder to have "never let a cop into your life if you can avoid it" as a policy.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Electric Wrigglies posted:

On the flip side, it is an effective reminder to have "never let a cop into your life if you can avoid it" as a policy.

Yep. I was absolutely not endorsing the invitation of cops into anything.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
Thats true from the bare facts we got delivered sound like a domestic violence thing, rather than a pointed hate crime. Wouldn't welcome a Police Parade to a women's rights march if a lady from TV got murdered by her cop ex boyfriend either though

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Yeah even if he didn't abuse police powers to stalk his ex (unlikely) it's a bad look but there is absolutely no chance at all this moves the needle on the pride board wrt cops at pride

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Cartoon posted:

This is a great opportunity for the Greens. The Nationals are increasingly on the nose to the NFF* who are their key constituency. Farms in Australia are largely unprofitable making farmers rely on off farm income to continue to live on the land. In NSW the rural land rating system is pretty much fixed. The council charges the general rate based on the valuer generals land value and there is no mechanism of relief. This (in a run away property market) ratchets up on of the many costs levied on the farmer. If the Greens could negotiate (with the NFF) a system whereby there was an agreed minimum wholesale price for all farm produce, farms might be more prepared (or even able) to engage in sustainable farming practices.

I mean, unless you want to read my manifesto on smashing the patriarchy and feeding the wealthy through a series of solar powered wood chippers, it is clearly the only way forward.

*National Farmer's Federation.

I'm all for a greener, cleaner future with less disgusting rich people all over the place. Even with them all over the fields. But a solar powered wood chipper sounds like it'll catch some cloud part way through and slow down. It's hard enough feeding wood into my electric wood chipper, I hope that thing's got batteries.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Konomex posted:

I'm all for a greener, cleaner future with less disgusting rich people all over the place. Even with them all over the fields. But a solar powered wood chipper sounds like it'll catch some cloud part way through and slow down. It's hard enough feeding wood into my electric wood chipper, I hope that thing's got batteries.
You clearly haven't read my manifesto.

Konomex
Oct 25, 2010

a whiteman who has some authority over others, who not only hasn't raped anyone, or stared at them creepily...

Cartoon posted:

You clearly haven't read my manifesto.

Isn't it enough I read Bucky's posts?

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

The Peccadillo posted:

Cops should never be allowed at pride

Cops are why we have marches in the first place.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Anyone who wishes me a happy birthday today will get a 6 hour prob.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Anidav posted:

*sad trombone*

Bucky Fullminster
Apr 13, 2007

Final version went to the Transport Minister’s office on Friday. Well, her local office at least, will follow up next week. Thanks again for all the help. Sorry I didn't workshop the cover-letter, it leaned on the "Previous governments have failed to give cycle-planning the respect it deserves, instead relying on local councils to pitch individual segments, but this government has an opportunity to fix that, with a top-down approach to route design that delivers a transformative project you can call your own", which I think is a good angle.

When I don’t hear anything back I’ll encourage everyone to send it to their local councils and MPs and cycling groups and hope it makes its way up from there.

edit - I wish everyone is just nice to Dav in general

Bucky Fullminster fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Feb 25, 2024

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
My "please do not wish me a happy birthday" shirt is raising a lot of embarassing group singalongs that should have been answered by my shirt

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Anidav posted:

What if I wished you one before the warning? Come on Dave. My rap sheets been looking kind of tired lately.

Aware
Nov 18, 2003

Anidav posted:

Happy birthday david

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Anidav posted:

hope your birthdays fukt, m8

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
i hope you have a bad day david

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Anidav posted:

Happy birthday motherfucker

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
¡Feliz Anidav!

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Anidav posted:

Happy birthday tomorrow!

23 Skidoo
Dec 21, 2006
happy birthday to everyone except anidav

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

¡Feliz Anidav!

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS

Bucky Fullminster posted:

Final version went to the Transport Minister’s office on Friday. Well, her local office at least, will follow up next week. Thanks again for all the help. Sorry I didn't workshop the cover-letter, it leaned on the "Previous governments have failed to give cycle-planning the respect it deserves, instead relying on local councils to pitch individual segments, but this government has an opportunity to fix that, with a top-down approach to route design that delivers a transformative project you can call your own", which I think is a good angle.

When I don’t hear anything back I’ll encourage everyone to send it to their local councils and MPs and cycling groups and hope it makes its way up from there.

edit - I wish everyone is just nice to Dav in general

I’m sure this wasn’t just pinned to the notice board in the lunch room with all the other crank correspondence for people to have a chuckle at

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
caleb bond makes me want to shave my beard off

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

gay picnic defence posted:

I’m sure this wasn’t just pinned to the notice board in the lunch room with all the other crank correspondence for people to have a chuckle at

Not enough toner in the printer

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/jsin_59/status/1761682486906802253

Regular Wario
Mar 27, 2010

Slippery Tilde
funny how hes not an alcoholic but its all this other things that made him lie on the ground yelling into a phone

Chicken Parmigiana
Sep 12, 2007

Poow Bumboowbee Joyce~ 🐝

So many pwobwems 😢😭

Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

I'm glad this explains away everything and 100% proves he's fit to be a public official.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Quit and spend time with your family.

No you other family.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

Bread Liar

I know when I had sleep apnea and trouble sleeping I was always lying on my back in the middle of the footpath screaming into my phone.

Oh, the memories!